Classic-Castle Roleplay: February 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

The Green Knight wrote:At that moment, the doors of the inn were flung open, as a dark cloaked man with a forestman look entered the inn.

“So, I hear there’s some trouble with a demon in these parts.”

It was Keavur. A spear at his side and a storm in his eyes.
J-10

Biirn nodded and said, "Aye, that be right. Who ye might be?"

"I'm Keavur Stormspear."

"Wot? Really? You that chap 'oo defeated that megabloks demon a while back? Az something?"

"That was my brother."

The olive-green-clad figure sat at the bar.

"Derrek Stormspear. He killed Azezezal. I did nothing. Megabloks nothing. Derrek saved me. But he hurt me too. And Kara. He hurt Kara bad. Tyco I hate this job. Poor Kara..."

Biirn and Jos said nothing. The grief-stricken man continued his sniffling.

Keavur continued as if no one was there. "She took her own life, Kara did. Couldn't stand the grief and stress. I nearly did to. Tyco them both, Derrek and Aezezal. TYCO!"

Biirn and Jos stared. Even the other man looked up. Suddenly Keavur appeared to come to his senses and rattled his large, silver pike-like spear officially.

"So...what type of demon is plaguing you?"
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote: "Did you figure out who was leading the mob?" asked Randolph.

"Dunno...lots of people were shouting something about a Martin fellow..." murmured Vanderdious.

Randolph raised his eyebrows, but did not say anything. Instead he turned away, his brow furrowed.
“You mentioned Martin?”
Vanderdious turned, still holding the rag to his head. “The name is familiar to you?”
“Indeed it is! You mean to tell me you have never heard of Martin Humbolt?”
“Humbolt? As in the Humbolt of the 2nd corps?”
“Exactly.”
Barbod became interested. “The name sounds vaguely familiar. What of him?”
“I served with him for nearly fifteen years. Barbod – surely you remember the involvement that destroyed the bull army nine years ago? It was Martin who led the attack. Not to offend, but a brilliant maneuver as well.”
Interrupting, the Lone Falcon spoke up. “What do you make of him Randolph?”
The former cavalry captain paused, deep in thought. “If he is behind all this, he has his eyes on the throne.”
“Can he be trusted?”
Randolph quickly replied. “No – that is, not with what we are doing. He is an unpredictable man in that respect. He is no fool though. I would just sit back and observe. Who knows? Maybe some good could come out of it anyway. One way or another, Dulass is going out. He no longer controls his circumstances.”
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Grid: G-8

Prince Lego XIII strapped on a leather gauntlet. After putting a matching one on his other arm, he buckled a short sword around his waist. A strange sight, for most Royal Knight's, at least ones in Lego's position, used large two-handed swords. This was just a short, one handed affair, more dirk than sword.

Lego then pulled a chain mail shirt over his head and put on a black cloak over all. He turned and left the empty armoury and walked quickly and quietly toward a small entrance to the castle. It was the dead of night and only a few torches lighted the way.

The Prince reached the door and waited.

Kjeld raised himself from his chair in front of the fire and walked to the door. He poked his head out and called for his servant.

"Yes your majesty?" asked the servant.

Go find my son please and tell him I would like to talk with him."

"Yes sire." and the servant moved down the hallway.

Lego didn't have to wait long. Soon five men walked up from the other end of the hallway.

"Is everything set?" asked the Prince.

"Yes your Highness, the packs are provisioned and the door is unlocked." answered one of the cloaked men.

"Good lets get started. This might just help us win the war." said Lego, and he and the other men opened the door and slipped outside.

Kjeld paced his room. What was taking so long? Surly it couldn't be that hard to find him, sure the castle was huge but still.... He paced some more.

The servant came back, alone. "Sire, I looked for the prince at all his usual places and I can't find him. I asked the main gate guards and they said that the prince hadn't passed through.

"That’s.... odd,” said Kjeld somewhat puzzled. "I suppose he could be somewhere else, or he went through a side door. Hmmm, get a few more men and search the castle, and look for signs of entry by the doors."

The servant bowed and left.

Kjeld looked into his fire, something was up.
Last edited by Robin Hood on Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Commander Redbeard wrote:Bjarn offeren a forced chuckle, staring at the parchment that could no longer offer them any aid.

"Hopefully the monsters we meen won't be much worse than Daner's drawing."

Nobody had the heart to laugh.
H-10

Bjarn folded up the map and looked around at the rest of the Fellowship.

"Tyco." he said outloud, "Look at us. Nearly all of us are wounded, and those who are not are dead tired. We're in no condition to search about to find this temple!"

Voolmark yawned. "I'd try to heal some of you guys up, but I really don't have the skill...I'm not a cleric, after all."

He yawned again. "Besides, keeping Reno alive has drained me..."

"How is Reno?" asked Anardan, rubbing his own wounds.

"A little better." whispered Shainya, from where he lay next to him, "But he lost a lot of blood..."

They all fell silent, listening to the howling wind and driving snow. One by one they dropped off into sleep, at last gaining refuge from their woes and the terrible conditions around them. At least for a few hours.

When Bjarn awoke, he saw at once the storm had almost died, and only delicated snowflakes floated lazily down to the ground. The old Forestmen stood, and, wandering off a distance into the outskirts of the ruins, emptied his bladdered upon. The steaming urine quickly melted the snow, and suddenly a strange stone was revealed. It appeared to be carved, but Bjarn could not translate it. After pouring out his canteen over it to clear the stone of his own urine, he picked up the stone and brought it back to camp. Dractor and Luxus were stirring, and Shainya was frying bacon over a fire started by Gib.

"What do you have there, Bjarn?" she asked.

Bjarn sat on a stone that could have been part of a pillar eons ago and replied, "Some kind of stone with markings on it."

Luxus crawled out from his stiff blanket and stumbled forward.

"Lemme see..."

Bjarn handed it over to him and Luxus began examining it, carefull not to use his burnt hand.

"It's something in the Ancient Tongue, like Hans teached me..." said Luxus at once, "but I don't know what it means..."

Bjarn took it back and slipped it into his pack.

"Then it probably will do us no good, but thanks lad."

Dractor was up now. "Bjarn, I think, after breakfast, you, Aros, and Voolmark should take Gib and search about. These lumps of stone surely can't be the temple, but it must be near by. The sooner it is found, the sooner we can all go home."

"But that leaves the rest of you completely exposed and vulnerble," argued Bjarn, "What if more bloodwolves attack?"

Sir Dractor smiled. "Bjarn, I've fought off over thirty Cross Knights singled-handed and been shot by a catapult, but was still able to manage to crawl back to the Allied camp during the Fell War. I'll protect them."

Bjarn hesitated, then agreed. Suddenly a scream ripped though the air, sounding hollow and ghost-like. Voolmark awoke with a jump and demanded, "What's that??"

Gib groaned. "That would be Peregal...and I think he just fell down the shaft I did when I helped that lady and blue fellow..."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: O-6

"Hmm, how did you know it's me?" Grayback asked Swift.
"Your left hand, it has only four fingers, remember, you've lost one during a fight with some Dark Foresters"
"I'm not dumb!!!" the man yelled "I know that's the way you've recognized me"
"I thought that that Red Flame scum had tortured you to death, but you've joined them" Swift became full of hate to his uncle, his one time teacher and "dad", because he had joined the enemy, the enemy that tried to subdue all of the Wolf Pack Tribes and people.

Swift took his sword out of his scabbard and slowly walked toward Grayback. It was getting dark and the hood of Swift's cloak covert most of his face in shadows so none could see the fire in his eyes.
Grayback went into defense position and readied his sword.
Swift was going to make a show out of this, if he had to die, then he would die valiantly if he would win, and he probably would, than that would make his victory even more great.
Swift fastened his pace and stormed onto Grayback, Grayback lunged his sword forward and Swift made a great jump a dodged it, he was now behind Grayback ready to attack him.

This will be a piece of cake he thought.
Grayback quikly turned, only to receive a massive kick in the face. Grayback hurried to get up and tried to hit Swift once more, he had hit him in the shoulder right now, but Swift just granted him a smile.
"I have you now" Grayback shouted.
"I have you now" Swift mentioned "take a look at your wrist"

Gray back looked at his wrist and it was gone, cut of by Swift's sword in the heat of battle.
"Nooooooo" Grayback yelled "I won't let myself be beaten by a Whelp like you!!" Grayback fell on his knees in the cold snow. Swift readied an arrow and held it only seven inches away from Grayback's eye, he released it and the arrow flew right trough Grayback's head.
Swift grabbed and axe from a fallen soldier who lay there and chopped of Grayback's head and putted it on a spear.

"Do like me men, they will pay for all the misery and greive they have brought to our lands, put their heads on spears and burn the corpses, they shall know not to mess with us"

The answered Swift with applause and battlecries, soon there was a burning pile of corpses and a road full of piked heads.

I was already dawn when they returned back to The Citadel.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Girard’s log: Feb. 22

I now have a permanent structure where I can safely sleep. It is some twenty feet up, on the third tier of branches. A simple rope ladder allows me to gain access. The framework is constructed of wood, salvaged from the wreck which still, amazingly stands in the bay, slowly rotting to pieces under the influence of the damp climate and burning sun. The floorboards are of a different material – bamboo split in half and painstakingly nailed to the underlying supports. It seems to repel rain and relatively resistant to rotting. It is upon this flooring that I have constructed my abode. The walls, as with the flooring are constructed with bamboo, only that they are not split. Their fastening proved to be somewhat difficult, bit I eventually solved this problem by bracing the walls at the top, middle and bottom with horizontal beams to which I fastened the walls. The bracings themselves are attached to several branches that protrude up through the floor. My housing is made up of two rooms as previously mentioned – the first is the largest, being in the shape of a square, while the second, adjoining it is somewhat smaller, leaving the entire structure in a rectangular shape. Now that my first major task is complete, I have been devoting my time to smaller, personal conveniences.

The first and probably the most important, however mundane it may be, is a place to relive myself. For this I have dug a deep trench, some eight feet deep, and covered it with more – bamboo, with a hole cut out in the center. This is situated far away from my camp – perhaps a quarter of a mile. Other items that I am in the process of addressing include a permanent water supply, preferably in my treehouse, a supply of arrows (my last was used yesterday shooting down a curious type of small deer), and a way to sharpen my knife.

KP 2011!
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Although his leg was still throbbing painfully, Anardan paced around the small room while Aros, Bjarn, Voolmark, and Gib scouted the terrain. Little light pierced the thick trees so, standing at a window slit so encrusted with icycles it was like a clouded pane of glass, he could hardly see anything. After fifteen minutes, he turned away from the window, watching Luxus and Dractor playing a game with a handful of acorns and a piece of string. Although he seemed lighthearted, Anardan could tell that the knight was tense, listening for anything out of place, ready to jump into action.

Suddenly, a far off yell pierced the silence, the crisp air seeming to reverberate with the sound. Everyone jerked their heads around, Anardan's sword in his hand and Dractor's halfway from its sheath as a long, low howl rent the air.

"Dractor, we've got to help them!" swore Anardan, looking frantically through the window. The knight's sword was in his hand, and he took no time in replying.

"I'll stay here to protect the wounded. Go see what's going on, and if you need me call!"

Anardan pulled a ram's horn out of his pack and slung it across his back.

"I'll take this. If you hear it once, stay put, if you hear it twice, comewith all speed!"

Limping slightly on his injured leg, the Forestman captain hurried out into the forest. The howls became louder as he came nearer to the scene of the commotion, now he could hear yelling too. He slowed down, padding silently in the shadows as only a true Forestman can, his sword drawn.

The cries grew louder. In the midst of a clearing, a dozen Bloodwolves howled their keening, bloodthirsty dirge, surrounding a tree, four figures crouched in the branches. Two bloodwolves lay dead, Bjarn's arrows sticking out of them like pins, but they still came. More Bloodwolves, drawn by the commotion, came in pairs or threes to the clearing. Anardan cursed silently, his head against a tree. No use calling the others to their deaths, they at least had a chance to survive unseen. A sound behind Anardan startled him, and he turned to see the red eyes of two bloodwolves staring into his own. His sworn came down in a great arc, the blood of the first wolf staining the snow crimson, two of Bjarn's well-aimed arrows suddenly slamming into the second, which fell dead at his feet.

But still they came.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:"Jarvick!" Lord Void snapped, "I've got something...read this..."
Jarvick stumbled over to the desk where Lord Void was sitting. “What? What have you found?”

“I think I've found it Jarvick. Right here.” The wizard grinned, pointing out the word with his bony finger.

“Yes!” Jarvick cried. “That's it! Oh, you'll have to tell me what we're looking at here, I'm not good with Goblin you know.”

“Right, well here we have what looks like a description, outlining the spell and its affects. Then there's a space here and I think this is it.”

“Well, here goes then.” said Jarvick, taking a deep breath. “For Drock. Ghilind-ahfitol-ghtoutf-olhaghribim!”

There was a slight trembling and they could both feel that a deep magic had been invoked. Jarvick was cut off from the mana flow by the snow above him. But this spell was not of mana, but of earth. They waited only a moment before the spell worked. And when it did, the shock of it sent Lord Void toppling backward over his chair.

Jarvick had turned to stone.

“Oh no! No no no! Megablocks!” Lord Void was frantic. Frantic, horrified and defeated.

“Tyco-tyco-tyco-TYCO!”

Hastily he grabbed the Goblin tome and reread the text. Megablocks! That wasn't the counterspell. It was the Nugaia spell itself, only in Goblin.

Franticly, Lord Void traced the words with his finger. Ghilind-ahfitol-ghtoutf-olhaghribim. That was it. Exactly as Jarvick had spoken it. No, that couldn't be it. There had to be more.

Squinting sharply through his monocle, Lord Void reviewed the text. Wait! What was that? A light footnote in red ink, right between Ghilind and ahfitol. It looked like the Goblin rune for “tr”.

Could that be it? One letter difference between the spell and its counter. Lord Void closed his eyes, breathing deeply. He knew that he had lost his ability. He knew that he wasn't the wizard he once was. Still, he had to try.

Holding out his palms, he began. What if it did work though? What if he turned out like Jarvick?

No, he couldn't think twice about this. “Ghilind-trahfitol-ghtoutf-olhaghribim!” he shouted.

Slowly, the color returned to Jarvick's face. “What happened?” he asked. Totally unaware of what had just transpired. “Did it work?”

“Yes.” said Lord Void, grinning. “Yes it worked.”

And far away in the Dark Dragon's Den, Drock blinked awake.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

H-10

Note: This post takes place before Commander Redbeard's and after Lord_Of_The_LEGO's.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Gib groaned. "That would be Peregal...and I think he just fell down the shaft I did when I helped that lady and blue fellow..."
“What?” said Bjarn. “What shaft?”

“Blue fellow?” said Dractor.

“Yeah, the blue knight and the lady with the gold crown. Didn’t I tell you about them?”

“Gib, what shaft?” Bjarn persited.

“Oh, it’s the well out in courtyard. It’s a long way down. The baron will be lucky if his neck isn’t broken.”

“Gold crown?” said Dracor. “That’s sounds like Elwen.”

Bjarn and Aros left through the archway, heading for the well.

“Yeah, that was her name, now that I think of it. How did you know?”

“She’s a friend of mine. What was she doing in here?”

Gib related the story of his brief encounter with Elwen and Jayko, being sure to include the details of his trip with Bernard as well.

When Gib finished Dractor was silent. “Strange and curious.” He said at last. “I hope she’s alright.”
Meanwhile, Bjarn and Aros were peering down over the crumbling sides of the castle well.
~
“Well he looks alright.” said Aros almost disappointedly. “It looks like the snow broke his fall.”

“What how can you even tell?” said Bjarn, still squinting into the darkness. “It’s so dark. I can only see shadows.”

“Yeah, well it looks like a long fall. He could be paralyzed or just had the wind knocked out of him.”

“How do we get down there?”

“How am I supposed to know. Let’s ask Gib.”

The two men turned and trudged back to the tower only to be greeted by a roaring scream. Inside they found Gib lying on a boulder, face up with a rag in his mouth, Anardan and Dractor on his arms and Voolmark and Sainya fussing about at his leg.

“Now quiet down.” said Shainya. “It’s your own fault for being such a man yesterday and not asking for help. You should have let me at this before.”

Gib muffled some intelligible reply as the lady continued her work. Another jolt to the leg and Gib wretched again. He had a good notion to scream again but kept it down to a stifled gasp at Shainya’s request.

“Well we found Peregil.” said Bjarn. “Don’t worry though. Aros says he landed in some soft snow.”

“Figures.” thought Gib. “I fall down and break my leg and he gets away Scott free.” Another jolt and Gib groaned again. He was sure he would chew through the rag before it was over.

“It’s over.” said Shainya. Her words surprised Gib. Over already? “The bone’s been set.” she continued. “All we need to do now is dress the leg and wrap it up.”

Gib sighed, spiting out the rag in his mouth. It did feel better. Still hurt like the dickens, but not like what he’d been enduring ever since the bloodwolves attacked.

“Is there anyway to get down there?” Bjarn asked, referring to the well.

“There might be through the store room.” Said Gib.

“Store room?” said Luxus. “You mean like where they have food?”

“Yes, said Gib. You might need to dig it out from under some rubble though.”

“I think I can help you out there.” Sir Dractor volunteered.

The knight set out with Luxus and Aros, in the direction Gib pointed them and Bjarn turned to Gib.

“Who is that Peregil fellow anyway? He seemed to have something against you.”

“Yes, well he has a right to some resentment I suppose.” The hermit’s eyes dropped to the floor. “He’s my brother.”
~
Meanwhile, Dractor and the two brothers had located the stairs to the storage room. Or where they would be.

“Alright, stand back.” Said Dractor. The knight heaved his weight against the largest boulder, blocking the way. Nothing seemed to happen at first, but the knight continued to exert his strength and soon the boulder lifted and rolled away.

Panting, Dractor leaned against the wall. “Well,” he gasped. “There better be some sirloin steaks there for me, after what I just did.”

But Aros and Luxus were already down the stairs and going through the new provisions.
~
“Well that explains a lot.” Said Bjarn when Gib had finnished.

“I never did like that cocky legolander.” Said Anardan from where he sat listening by Voolmark and Shainya.

“Come on.” Said Bjarn. “Let’s go see if we can get down there. And if we can’t we’ll go scouting.”
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:The former cavalry captain paused, deep in thought. “If he is behind all this, he has his eyes on the throne.”
“Can he be trusted?”
Randolph quickly replied. “No – that is, not with what we are doing. He is an unpredictable man in that respect. He is no fool though. I would just sit back and observe. Who knows? Maybe some good could come out of it anyway. One way or another, Dulass is going out. He no longer controls his circumstances.”
G-7

The Lone Falcon nodded in satisfaction.

"Then that, at least, is good. This Martin Humboldt may not share the views of the Rebel Resistance, but at least he will the dirty work of removing Durlass and his cronies. We must warn Lord Drakko, however. If and when Humboldt rises to power he will more likely than not want to wipe the slate of high-ranking officials clean to make way for his own cronies. Lord Drakko must not be wiped away. Without him, we would have no insider into the Spire and the politics within. We must convince Lord Drakko to outwardly bend to Humboldt's will, which I don't think will be to hard. Lord Drakko usually sees eye-to-eye with me."

Vanderdious nodded, then winced. "Once I take a few days to patch up I'll become Carnden the man-servant and let Lord Drakko know of our plans."

"Good." the Lone Falcon nodded.

"Then I take it we strike after Martin Humboldt is settled in?" asked Randoph.

"Aye..." said the Lone Falcon slowly, "If he proves to be similar to Durlass or Falconis XXVIII."
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Grid: G-8

Prince Lego slowly raised his head over the top of the snow drift. Nothing but snow and a few trees could be seen.

Lego XIII slowly lowered his head and crept to the foot of the drift where his companions waited. "Nothing," said the prince.

"Good then lets go," replied one of the men, "but carefully, an outpost could be anywere."

"Aye."

The six men climbed over the drift and proceeded to walk carefully across the moon lit field.

Upon reaching a small grove of trees the travelers stopped and listened for a few minutes. Nothing. They had made it across the border, they were now in Black Falcon territory. Though by rights it was the Royal Knights.

"Come," said Lego, "a few more miles and we should be relatively safe. How far to Falconis City?"

"A fair good step." said the oldest of the prince's companions. "With this snow and all it will take at least a week, maybe longer."

"Then we had better get started."

King Kjeld sat in his chair and read the note his son had left for him.

Father

I have become restless and bored. With nothing to do I have decided to take five men and infiltrate the Falcons. I plan to go to Falconis City and get as much information as I can about it. I hope to back in a months time.

I know you disapprove about this but I can't help it. If I die, my son will be the heir. DO NOT TELL ANYBODY ABOUT THIS! I have not doubt that there are falcon spies somewere in the castle. If they get word, I will be killed. Or worse captured and held hostage.

Your son,
Lego XIII

The King read the note again and then threw it into the fire.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

The Green Knight wrote:Could that be it? One letter difference between the spell and its counter. Lord Void closed his eyes, breathing deeply. He knew that he had lost his ability. He knew that he wasn't the wizard he once was. Still, he had to try.

Holding out his palms, he began. What if it did work though? What if he turned out like Jarvick?

No, he couldn't think twice about this. “Ghilind-trahfitol-ghtoutf-olhaghribim!” he shouted.

Slowly, the color returned to Jarvick's face. “What happened?” he asked. Totally unaware of what had just transpired. “Did it work?”

“Yes.” said Lord Void, grinning. “Yes it worked.”
G-10

Jarvick stared at Lord Void.

"What happened?" he asked.

Lord Void did not answer at first. The Dragon Master wizard flexed his muscles, cracked his knuckles. Then, with a glance at the fireplace, he uttered some select goblin words.

"Gtfdag fsrat!"

Instantly the fire crackling within the grate vanished, leaving not smoke nor ash. Lord Void's eye glinted. He then turned to a empty glass and pronounced more words.

"Fshelnatble rwwr taebeavt bx!"

There was a rush and a splash, and the glass was full to the brim. Now Lord Void's eyes were positively flashing with delight.

"Lord Void!" Jarvick was now getting impatient.

Lord Void jumped, as if he had forgotten Jarvick was there.

"Ah -- Jarvick, yes...your spell worked, I think. Drock should be cured...yes..." muttered Lord Void distractively.

Jarvick broke into a smile, the first Lord Void had seen from the stoic sorcerer.

"This is a good day then, a good day indeed! How I long to leave at once...tyco this Mana-blocking snow!"

Lord Void twisted his thin lips into a smile that was halfway between and smirk and a leer.

"I -- ahh -- don't think that is a problem now..."

With a flick of Lord Void's wrist and a muttering of more goblin-speech, the beams, walls, and roof of Majisto's Workshop began to glow red hot like a poker, though the building did not burst into flame. Lord Void stood rigid and silent with his eyes screwed shut for a whole, while Jarvick watched curiously until he was suddenly blinded by a light. A light, he realized a second later, that came though a window, a window that had been blocked by snow for months! A few seconds later Lord Void opened his eyes.

"Open the door, Jarvick. Snow is now longer an issue..."

Jarvick obediently grasped the brass handle and pulled. The door swung free and revealed to both of them a patch of muddy ground and a gently sloping wall of wet snow that was already beginning to rehardening in the cold. Jarvick understood now. Lord Void had somehow turned the Workshop into an giant roasting coal and had melted the nearby snow away with sheer heat. He would have to remember that.

"Go Jarvick, to you brother. He needs you now." said Lord Void as they stepped into the slush.

"But what about you?" asked Jarvick, turning, "What about our ruse?"

Lord Void shook his head, his eyes alight, his face stretched taunt with his evil grin.

"I needed you then, for I had no power. But now...now I have power once again. Go."

Without a second glance Jarvick left, eager to return to his brother Drock. As Lord Void watched the sorcerer disappear over a hill, he allowed himself a cackle.

"Go Jarvick, back to your beloved brother and your tiny isle and your water-snakes...I don't need you anymore. That goblin tome has taunt me all I need! Those months of endless reading, translating, researching and recording has not been in vain!"

Lord Void rubbing his hands together, the bones cracking.

"Who needs the Mana when one can leach pure power from the earth itself? Now...I have work to do..."

Lord Void was back in power, and he was not shy to use it. :twisted:
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Durlass despised torture. He personally could not stand seeing a body wracked with scars and terrible mutilations. It was such a brutish and crude method, but nonetheless, such devices had to be employed at times. In front of the noble lay a man – formally a soldier, but now a mere wreck – two days of agony had changed him. Durlass walked away, shaking his head. Turing to a guard at the cell door he spoke. “Have you gotten anything out of this man?”
“No sir – that is, my lord. We’ve done everything you’ve asked – nothing, nothing at all. Not even a word.”
Durlass sighed, rolling his eyes. “Very well then. Release him. Bring him into rehabilitation.”
“But sir!”
Durlass growled. “Do it.”

An hour later the man was sitting down at a table, feasting on such delicacies he had never seen. He was now wearing his uniform again, properly repaired – indeed in better shape than he could ever have done. He had been assured that everything was the result of a dreadful mistake, and he even had been given a raise in pay. Smiling, the man turned to the guard behind him, leaning back his chair as he did so.
“I say” He mouth was still full and his words came out somewhat garbled. “I have never felt so relived in my life.
The guard raised his eyebrows and made an indistinguishable gesture with his hand. “Really now? I’m glad you feel that way.” His tone was somewhat sarcastic, and the soldier leaned his chair back, somewhat confused. Driving his fork into his plate again he looked up. Looking straight at him, on either side of the table were two FSS officers, their uniforms black, their boots impeccably shined. “Mr. Khol?” One said. “Come with us.”
The man gasped, his fork clattering to the ground. “No – no.” His voice was ragged and his hands shook violently. The two officers stepped forward and violently shoved him out the chair. Each took an arm and dragged the screaming unfortunate behind them. Coming to the flight of steps that led down into the dungeons, they did not even break stride, letting his frail body hit the hard stone over and over again. Reaching the bottom, the dropped the soldier – forcefully. He was gasping now, his eyes bulging. Feebly he uttered one last word before the shock killed him.

“Martin”

KP 2011!
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: O-7

"Sir, we're back from scouting"
"What have you seen?"
"Our troops have been intercepted on the highway, there are no survivors"
"Megablocks, how does Ciroal thinks that we can defeat the remaining Blackcloak loyalists if we even can't get good soldiers" a man said mad out of his chair that was carved out of stone, like the entire building.
It was carved out of a mountain and it was always cold there and now in this terrible winter, it was deadly cold, every soldier wore thick coats made out of bearfur.
"Do you know where the attackers are heading to, Sarkon?"
"Yes, Borias, they left in a hurry, forgot to wipe out there tracks, the poor idiots"
Sarkon groaned and Borias smiled.

"Prepare the soldiers, say that they ready there horses and dress warm, we are about to revenge our fallen comrades"
"Hmm, sure milord" Sarkon replied.
"Oh, another thing, take some prisoners, it has been a while since our dungeons have been put to use"

Sarkon left and went to the barracks and ordered the men to take their weapons, get on their horse and search the ones who had killed their brethren. The heavy, sturded oaken gate open and a hundred twenty-two mounted soldiers stormed out, throwing all snow in the air.

This post is about two hours after my previous one.
Grid: O-7

"We'll be at the Citadel soon" Swift said to Aaylah.
"Let me take look at your shoulder, you are bleeding"
"It's nothing, really, it doesn't hurt"
"You were hit pretty hard, c'mon let me look"
"No, we must move on"

Suddenly horse trampling was heard somewhat to the north-east of their position.

"Men, ready your sword and shield" Radjar yelled when the trampling came closer.

Horses then jumped trough the treeline and stormed on The Order's soldiers.

"Brace yourself" Fraun shouted.
It was no fair fight, the soldiers of The Order were allready weakened and carried wounded and dead and none of them even had horses. They were just blown of the ground and overrun by the horses. Swift managed to kill some riders as did the rest but he weakened quick.

When the soldiers thought the fight was over, they dismounted and searched for survivors.

"Here a nice woman" one of them said, lifting Aaylah by her hair.
She tried to resist but she couldn't stand the brute power of a male soldier.
"Leave her alone" Swift said with a weakened voice, but the soldiers didn't pay any attention. The soldier bound Aaylah on his horse while the others searched for more prisoners. They took some regular soldiers with them and left.

"The lord will be proud of us" Sarkon said.

Swift managed to get up and searched a horse of a fallen enemy. He hardly got onto it and just wanted to leave when:
"Where are you going?"
It was Radjar.
"They took Aaylah and other soldiers, I'm planning to go after them"
"Is the life of one woman that pecious to that you would risk your live life to save her?"
"You would do the same for Rosa, are you coming with me or will you stay here with the others?"
Radjar groaned and jumped on a horse.
"Let's go get them"
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:When the strangers Swift and Strider had volunteered to go on the scouting mission Gonderin ordered, Radjar had been quick to join them, as well as the Jerlock siblings. Rosa had no interest in going, and her attempts to sway Radjar to stay were futile. Now she was along, abandoned, on the day that celebrated love and togetherness. Alone.

In a sudden rage, Rosa drew out her slim knife and threw it at a target set up for training Forestmen archers. Bulls-eye.

Rosa snorted in approval. She had not lost her touch.
M-8
Drullen Bell Keep

As she trudged forward and yanked the knife out of the target, a thought suddenly hit her.

I don't have to do this.

No, she didn't have to do this. She didn't have to wait around Drullen Bell Keep like an obedient dog, waiting by the fire until Radjar came in and demanded attention. No. She would not tolerate it anymore. She would leave Drullen Bell Keep without the Dark Forest king. She would go now.

Surprisingly, it took time to back are few belongings. She had not worn the light armor Rodurik had made for her since after Yuletide, but now she slipped it on over an undershirt. She then put on her old light blue tunic, and then a warm Forestmen cloak over that. She slipped her knife into it's hidden sheath and then filled a pack with small food items such as dried apples and a loaf of bread. Lastly she slipped a few coins into the heel of her shoe, a trick she had learned from Shainya, who had seen Reno do the same thing.

As she shut the door of her room, she paused.

Should I leave a note?

No. Let Radjar suffer the uncertainty, just like she had suffered all the days and nights he was away. Let him suffer pain of not knowing.

Rosa had two stops to go before leaving Drullen Bell Keep. First, she confronted Gonderin and thanked him for his hostility, and for all the Forestmen's. The elf did not ask why she was leaving, he simply said, "You are always welcome here, Rosa."

Lastly she went to Rodurik, her first friend, the man she would always love. The muscular blacksmith was in the main forge where he always was, pounding away at a sheet of rough metal. When he caught sight of Rosa he halted his strokes and wiped his brow.

"Hello, Rosa."

"Hello Rod."

Rodurik look at her, all dressed up, with a pack over one shoulder, and he knew at once.

"You are leaving."

"Yes."

Rodurik nodded. "I knew it was coming the day Ra-"

"Please don't mention his name!" Rosa intervened, "But yes, it is because of him I'm leaving. I've been hurt too much."

Rodurik set down his hammer and embraced her briefly, then let her go.

"Then go. I pray you will find peace and happiness where you go, since you cannot find any here."

"Thank you Rod."

As Rosa turned to leave, Rodurik said, "If Ra- er, he asks about you, what shall I say?"

An angry glint flashed in Rosa's eyes, and she said, "Tell that megabloks I will personally slice him into fine ribbons if he dares approach or follow me."

She left. Rodurik sighed, and returned to his work.