Classic-Castle Roleplay: February 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Grid J-10 The Yellow Castle

A day had past since Valric had returned.
Valric showed his family seal to several high ranking officers after that Valric was free to wander about, for the moment. The Emperor had enough soldiers to carry out his commands. But Sir Valric worked best alone. One of the men who had questioned him said something about the Emperor having use for a man of his talents.
In his free time Valric went to pay the the armoury a visit.
Most of the Classic Legoland armour was much too “showy” for his liking. After searching through shelf after shelf of armour, he found one that would fit comfortably on his muscular frame, as most of this must have been mean’t for someone smaller. It was a fine suit of chainmail that was made in the Black Knight style, just with classic emblems on the side.
On his way out he picked up a large knife that was better than his old one. One of the swordsmiths asked if he could see his sword. Valric didn’t mind, he spent most of his time cleaning his equipment or praticing with it. There wouldnt be anything wrong with it.
The sword was a basic heavy broadsword(or chrome sword as it was called in Dametreos) it was different from any other sword Valric had handled. It seemed to glint with an unatural light, and easily tore through all sorts of creatures.
The swordsmith was puzzeled by it. It was very light, and could be weilded with one hand, while most swords of that size required the use of both hands by normal minifigs. But Valric could swing it in one hand with ease.
“Where did you get such a fine sword?” Asked the swordsmith. Valric wasn’t paying attention, he was staring out the thin slit of a window. It was hardly snowing, and life seemed to return to a state of semi- normalness in the streets of Orion.
“The sword?…” The swordsmith passed it back, listening intently.
“It must a been around a year or two ago. It was a long story…” Said Valric fondly.
“It used to belong to a wizard, but after a ‘lil persuasion, he gave it to me.”
Valric left the armoury in a hurry, dozens of ordinary soldiers were patrolling the courtyard. Valric had noticced earlier on. It seemed most of the army was on duty.
Valric strode over to a squire who was taking care of the horse, that belonged to the cavailer who befriended him earlier.
Valric asked why so many men were on duty. The squire who talked in a thick Royal Knight accent seemed shocked by the question. “Dud’nt cha know?” Valric shook his head.
“Well govena, the Empera’ is ‘avin a council with blokes from all ‘round Dametreos, he is.”
Valric nodded and left. He knew the Emperor was in a council, but it must be more important then he thought.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: M-8

Fraun went to his sister and saw Radjar running out of the infirmey, wen he was at his sister's bed, he saw her kissing Swift, went he turned and saw Fraun, he became as white as a piece of paper. Fraun laughed.
"Hahaha, don't be afraid, it's just me, and what my sister does are her businesses not mine, I was just checking how everything was goin'!"
"Man, you scared the megablocks out of me, how is Frayla going?"
"Oh, she's fine, I see I don't have to check you anymore, my dear sister, Swift can you come with me please?"
"Wait, I'll go check on the others first"
"Hey, Swift, aren't you forgeting something?" Aaylah said handing over Swift's cloak.
"Oh, thanks"

Then he went on with Fraun to the others, and from there they went to the meeting room.

At the meeting room there were allready some Forestmen Generals and other Nobles.
"Sorry we're late" Fraun said.
"It's nothing, sit down, please" Gonderin said.
They picked a chair and sat on it.
Gonderin gave the Sign of the Elk and commenced the meeting.

"Today, we are going to discuss the previous events whom have happened in the forest"
They all nodded to continue.
"I know most of you want to revenge the loss of friends, but without Lord Bjarn's permission I cannot start a war with the Wolf Pack, but it's in my power to send a scouting unit to find out were the Wolf Pack armies are"

"I will go to find out those locations" Swift said.
"If he's going, I'm going" Radjar said "why should a Wolf Pack warrior betray his own Pack?"
"If Radjar is going, I am going to, just to keep them from not fighting" Fraun said with a smile.
"Ok, then, when you've found some critical information, report back to me, I don't want to risk another unprepared war as the First Fell War, if you want somebody else to come with you, fine with me, just bring me the Shift-Brick information!"
"Sure, sir..."
"Aye, aye"
"Whatever"
Last edited by Sir Drake on Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Girard’s log, Feb. 12th:

This morning I took my fragile raft back to the ship. I brought back some weapons – three swords, a bow, and with much difficultly, I was able to bring back one of the two remaining bastillas. Most of the glass in the captain’s quarters was broken, but I was fortunally able to bring back some usable pieces. I also found a large bag of salt, unspoiled, and wonder of wonders, some dried fruit. During the afternoon, I went further inland to find a suitable place to position a permanent shelter. I have determined that I should be in the treetops, as to avoid any dangerous animals that might lurk here. I have found a suitable spot, and I will begin construction tomorrow. While I have not been able to pursue any proper exploring, it seems that the land I am on is an extensive one. As noted before, the area that I am in is a semi-jungle, but it appears to thin out a mile further south. There are tall mountains to the north and west of me – excellent places to place beacon fires should I be unable to construct a seaworthy craft. However, I am afraid that if I am to return to civilization, it must be of my own doing.
Last edited by lemon_squeezer2 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

The driver looked down.

"Advance scouts have alerted your brother at Guabol Telvaev Prison. They'll have a warm welcome for our chump..."

They both chuckled ominously.
Markus thought to himself
How will I get out of this one? He scanned the cart for his weapons, which he did not see. They must be outside the cart, he figured
"there's no way out, so just sit tight untill we get there." Said the soldier, watching him threw the window
"Tyco!" Markus snapped, throwing himself at one of the walls of the cart, trying to cause it to tip. luckely, or unluckely for Markus, the cart was built sturdy.
"Shiffty-brick" Markus cursed.
The cart driver only laughed, and kept on his way.
Markus relaxed his shoulders, and leaned against one of the prison cart's walls. He'd figure something out.

After a nap.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: M-8

Swift walked over the Drullen Bell Keep square. Fraun walked with him and after them came Radjar. They went to the armory to check their swords and, when necessary, getting a new armor. They had timenough to get some armor, because Gonderin wanted them to leave in a week, "Just to be sure he said". Be none of the three newfound friends knew what to do, so they went to the armory.

The armory was a pretty big building compared to the shops Swift saw in Orion.

"Hello there, whot can I do fer ya?" an old man asked.
"Just check our swords, please" Fraun said.
"Oh hi, Fraun, how are you?" Gilmund the armorer asked when he took their swords.
"I'm great and you?"
"Just fine..., there's nothing wrong with yer swords, everything seems fine"

"Something else you would've wanted?"
"We could use some armor, but light one, please..."
"Oh, I have just the thing for ya, enchanted steel chainmail out of the Dragon Masters lands, for you, it's for only three silver pieces"
"Gee, thanks" Fraun said when handing him three silver pieces.
"Hope it fits!" Gilmund said when Fraun, Swift and radjar exited the building.

They went back to their quarters, at least Fraun and Swift did, Radjar went back to the infirmey to see Rosa.
"So ,Swift, how old are you actually?"
"I'm nineteen, but I'll become twenty within a week"
"Oh, I tought you were older, I mean you look older"
"Yeah, my uncle used to say that to me, when I still lived with the tribe, before my travelings, now lets if these mails really fit"

They suited the chainmails and they fitted perfectly, they were as light as a feather and as strong as Dragonscales.

"These things are amazing" Swift said.

The rest of the week they spend hours on searching good, warm clothes and going to briefings to plan their route. They wrote it on a piece of paper for a reminder.

When they finnaly wanted to leave, Strider, Aaylah, Frayla walked to them.
"You're not going anywhere without us" they said.
"What, Frayla?" Fraun said.
"Yes, it's me, you seem to be surprised to see me?"
"You can't come with us" he said.
"Why's that?"
"When I'm gone, the Rangers will be without a leader, I need you to lead them when I'm gone" Fraun said with a serious look on his face.

Frayla understood that nothing would cahnge his mind about this.

"Ok, then" she said "but you must promise me that you shall return!"
"I promise you on the bottom of my heart"
Last edited by Sir Drake on Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Elacil, having served as an advance scout for the prisoner convoy, rode into the Prison about half an hour before the cart was due to arrive. He and the other Scout alerted the jailer of the rogue being brought in, who grinned.

"Feisty chump you say he is? We'll have enough for him."

The jailer, a big, burly man who seemed too huge for a Forestman although he was one, walked along the dank corridor inside the Jail, looking for a suitable cell. The Jail was mostly underground, a hill of earth covering the building. A battlement ran around the top, with a hatch leading to both the prison bays and to the guard's quarters. There were at least one score Forestman who made the jail their semi-permanent home, for monthes at a time until they were relieved. Around the whole complex ran a medium-height palisade wall, always manned by vigilant guards over the threshold and on the four towers at each of the corners. Guabol Prison was the highest security that any prisoner could be entitled to, unless they were entombed in Drullen Bell itself.

There were several prisoners in Guabol at the time, and Elacil recognized several of the Rogue Falcons in one cell. The others, he had heard, were detained in other prisons, so as to seperate them. Here and there was a Forestman imprisoned for some crime like robbery or misconduct, but they were in the cells that had windows, and would be out within several monthes. The Jailer looked around, then finially selected a cell. It was apart from the others, the only furnature a wooden bench that served as a cot. Straw was strewn across the floor, and several iron shackles hung from the walls, the only cell in the prison to sport these.

"This here's our high-security cell;" Said the jailer. "The door's secured with both deadbolts and a lock, I have the only key. Noone's even dreamed of escaping from here, and he can beat his head on the walls until one of them cracks, and I know which one that'll be..."

By the time Markus woke up, he was being hustled from the prison-cart by the driver Harq and a prison guard. Markus struggled and looked around, just ing a glimpse of the palisade surrounding the courtyard and the low, battlemented prison before he was hauled down the corridor. He spat out a string of curses, only stopping when he was shoved into the dank cell. The door slammed shut, and Markus heard the thunk of what must be a deadbolt lock and the click of a key before the jailer's head appeared at the small, iron-barred window.

"You just enjoy yourself now. Breakkyfast is at seven, lunch at twelve, and supper, when you get any, at eight! No need to read the menu, it's the same every day. Bread and water for breakfast, bread and water for lunch, and if you're lucky, bread and water for supper. Enjoy yore stay!"

Markus started to curse again, but all who heard him were the nest of rats in the corner.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

They wore thick coats made out of bear skin, just like the ones Swift and the others wore. They had there swords sheated and their bows on their back.

"So, then, I guess well have to take you, then" Fraun smirked.

When they left Drullen Bell Keep, they were in high spirits and they walked many miles on foot.
Swift talked some with Aaylah, it was clearly a good conversation, they laughed all the time.
"What's so funny?" Strider asked Fraun.
"I don't know, but I guess Aaylah is telling stories from our childhood, don't you know stories from the times you were little?"
"Yes, I do, but there's nothing funny about it"
"How come?"
"I was raised by the hard Wolf Pack tradition, atleast OUR tradition, we trained to become super-soldiers, we were trained to survive and the only way to do so is hunting our fighting as a merc"
"Oh, that's pretty megablock-y" Radjar said.
"Didn't you ever saw the beauty of nature"
"Oh, I saw nature, a lot, but we only looked at it as it was cover, we are born to kill or to be killed"
"Some lifegoal"Fraun said.

At the end of the day, they arrived at Fell Forest.(M-6)
"Where are we heading tommorow?"
"Our instructions say that we must go into Wolf Pack terretory, but I suggest going trough the Dark Foresters their lands"
"Why?"
"We could pick up some of my tribe in the North of the Wolf Pack terretory, so it is the safest to go trough Dark Foresters ground"
"To bring us to another point, who's guarding tonight?" Fraun asked.
"I'll take the first shift" Swift said.
"I will guard to, then you won't be so lonely" Aaylah said while she looked at Swift.
"Hmm, fine then" Fraun said "so be it, but don't get anything in your heads!" Fraun said, he wasn't the only one who saw Swift and Aaylah were becoming best buddies.

"I'll get a fire started" Aaylah said.
"You better don't do that, we'll be noticed faster that way"
"Oh" she said "then how am I will become warm?"
"You can always get closer to me" Swift said with a grin on his face. So, that's what se did, she shove up closer to him and wrapped her arms around his chest.
"Nice and sturdy" she said.
Last edited by Sir Drake on Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

The hawk shuffled his feet on Gib's shoulder and half chirped, half cried in his usual manner.

“Oh no Griffin. I wasn't talking about the Neverwood. We're going back to my home. A place I haven't been in over thirty years. We're going to Glestol.”

I –10

Gib hobbled slowly down the snow filled streets of Glestol. The city hadn’t changed much since he was there last. It wasn’t a large village, but it was home to several well thought of families and there was even a local baron living on an estate outside the city.

Of course Gib ended up in the local tavern. He wanted answers after all and a tavern is an excellent place to find them.

“Belphinigib?” The young man at the bar counter said when Gib voiced his inquiry. “No, can’t say I’ve ever heard of that family. You know, I’ll tell you what. Why don’t you go talk to Lady Peregil.”

“Lady Peregil? That name sounds familiar.”

“What name, Perigil? Well it should if you know anything about this area. Baron Peregil was our local lord for years. His wife still lives out on the Peregil estate. If anyone knows about the old families in this area it would be her.”

“Well, thank you sir for your help. You’ve been most kind.” Gib exited the tavern and returned to the sled. “All right Jackal, we’ve got another stop to make.”
~
Malder Peregil was uneasy. He didn’t know why. There wasn’t any reason to be. Winters came and went and just because this one was colder then the last, was no reason to get nervous. Maybe it wasn’t the snow. Maybe it was his mother. She was looking paler these days. Ever since her husband, the late Baron Peregil died…

It happened last year during the war. Malder’s father had died bravely. Fighting for his country against the great Eroth Gamus. Of course his mother knew death already and she always tried to bring cheer no matter how she felt, but Malder suspected that her health was failing. And with all the rest needed to be done. Seeing to the servants and his younger siblings, it was all rather straining.

Yes Malder was indeed uneasy and it didn’t help matters when one day a strange man on a sled appeared at the estate.
~
Gib was shown into a stone room with a high ceiling and a fire burning brightly on the hearth. There were tapestries on the walls and a rug on the floor. Several chairs and tables also adorned the room, giving it a comfy, snug feeling.

“I’ll be right back.” Said the page, leaving the room.

“It must be nice to live here.” Gib thought to himself. “A little cramped for me, but in weather like this…”

Gib stopped. Something had grabbed his attention. It was the sounds of voices. They were coming from door. Quietly, Gib hobbled back.

“You let him in here?” The first voice said. “Why didn’t you interrogate him at the gate?”

“Sir, it was snowing out. He looked harmless enough at any rate. Said he wanted to see the lady.”

“What? He wanted to see mother? Well I’ll just deal with this myself then shall I?”

Gib backed away as the footsteps approached the doorway. He nearly tripped over his crutch when the man entered. He was tall, with a stern face and a thick build. He started for moment when he first laid eyes on Gib, but soon regained his composure.

“I regret to inform you that the lady is not taking visitors today. However, if there is some message you wish to deliver, I would be pleased to conduct it to her.”

“Well, no. I’m sorry I just wanted to ask her about a family who lived around these parts long ago. Someone told me that she would know about it.”

“Well she might. What family do you want to know about?”

“Uh, Belphinigib. That’s the name.”

“Ah yes, Belphinigib. I reckon she would be able to tell you a thing or two about that family. But you won’t find anyone by that name around here. And as I said before, the lady is not taking visitors today.”

“Rubbish!” said a voice from the hall. “Pure rubbish! Who says I’m not taking visitors today? I’ve been cooped up in this house ever since the snows started and if Chodan has seen fit to break up this monotony by sending me a visitor then I find it only proper to see what he wants.”

An aged woman stepped forward into the light of the fire. “Tell me stranger, what do you want?” It was Lady Peregil.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Whatever happened to Targon?

Good question. Well first, when he awoke, Targon was surprised to find himself in one piece. He was also surprised to find himself in total darkness.

"Hello?" Targon said, groaning. "Hello?"

Hello Targon." said a deep sinister voice. "What a pleasure to see you again."
Note: this post is one that I've been meaning to do for long time and should actually be placed chronologicly right after Targon dissapeared.

Targon was indeed, very afraid. "W-who-who are you?"

"Who or what, Targon. Who or what? My true name is not to be spoken. Not yet. But for now you may refer to me as the Elemental. I suppose you're wondering why you're here. Why an entity of my power would intrest himself in a mere mortal like you. I've been watching you Targon. Watching and waiting to find you. I have seen much on my watch. This "War of Blood" as they call it, has unfolded before my very eyes. I was there at the battle for Orion's gate. I watched as good man and evil alike, were slaughtered by the hundereds. And it made me wonder... Why? Why all this chaos and bloodshed?

The voice grew angry now, shouting at Targon. "Well Targon, tell me! Tell me why! What could be so volitile as to make these men slaughter each other on the field of battle?

"I--I I don't know." Targon stamered, visibly frightned.

"Power, Targon! Power!! Opressing the weak! Subjecting the independant! Destroying all those who oppose you! All those men died because one man wanted power."

"You Targon, of all people, should know this. You've been craving power since the day you were born and you used every trick and bribe in the book to get it. And who paid the price for insatiable powerlust? Who bore the brunt of your back-stabbing rise to power? You drove your brother to desert his country Targon, and when you aprehended him you made a mistake."

At that moment there was an interruption.
Formendacil wrote:-Targon-

Targon heard the Sorceror-king. The communication made little sense to him. It seemed like a teleharm, but not quite right.

-Targon. Answer- demanded the Sorceror-king. Targon decided to think an answer, and see what happened.

-Yes?-

-Where are you!- came the chilling voice of the Sorceror-king. -Why haven't you returned to Talistrand? My patience wears thin.-

The Sorceror-king listened with dismay as Targon laughed at him.

Targon couldn't help it. He was laughing in spite of himself and in spite of his surcumstances, which -truth be told- weren't nessisarrily bright and hopeful.
Formendacil wrote:-You cannot reach me here! I am protected by a mighty power. And it is teaching me a great deal.-

-Where are you?- asked the Sorceror-king, his mental voice terrifying Targon even at the distance.

-Under MY dominion- came a third voice, a deep, evil voice. It was the Elemental.
-Leave him be. He is mine.-

The Sorceror-king did not know the voice, nor was he particularly frightened of it, but it was powerful, whatever it was. And Targon was not worth that much to him anyway. He had always been a nuisance.

-Have him then- said the Sorceror-king to the voice. -But be warned that he is practically useless. He is a self-seeking fool.-

-Your candor is amusing- said the voice, and then it ended the conversation.

As the pressence of the Sorceror King fadded, the Elemental gave a deep, sinister laugh.

"Your Wizard friend seems to think that I want you as an ally or a servant. I, more then any, know of your self serving ways."

"Well why on earth did you bring me down here under it then? said Targon, sounding rather anoyed.

"Where were we?" said the Elemental, ignoring Targon's question. "Oh yes-- Power! I have power Targon. Great Power! BloodVaine, Lord Void, this wizard friend of yours just now?

"Nothing! Weaklings compared to me! I am the pounding surf and the rocks on which they break! I am the fire on the hearth and the wind that blows it in sparks over the hill. I am the sleet and the lightning. The whirlwind and the hurricane. The fire and the sea. I am the Elemental!

"Conqure Dametreos? I already have. One thought and this land will perish in water and flame and sink beneath the sea. It would be easier then lifting a finger."

"Oh really? Then why haven't you done it already?

Targon never did know when to keep his mouth shut.

"Oh, I thought about it." said the Elemental casualy. Believe me, I did. But then I realized that that wasn't really what I wanted. You want power Targon, but me... I just want revenge.

"You ask why you are here? You ask my name? I can answer both with one reply. My name --when I was a man worth anything-- Was Bargon.

"That's right brother, I'm here to kill you."

Ok, enough of that!
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

The main door to the barracks swung open, allowing a flurry of snow and cold wind to rush in. Martin turned around and latched it, taking off his fur cap in the process. The room that he entered served as an entry room. There was a desk on one side and a raging fire on the other. In front, a long hallway led farther into the building, branching off into rooms that served as the living quarters of the men. The secretary sitting at the desk quickly recognized Martin, saluting. The general nodded in return, and made his way down the hall.

At the end, the corridor intersected another. Turing left, Martin made his way up a flight of stairs, clutching the iron railing as he went another three stories up. Now he was at the top floor. The leader turned left again and came to the end of the passage. In front of him were two large oaken doors. Martin stopped for a moment, taking some time to take off his coat. Placing it on a chair that stood by the entrance, he opened one of the doors and walked into the room. The place where he stood was a sort of lounge for officers. There were several dozen couches and armchairs throughout the place, some arranged in circles where officers were playing cards, gambling, and talking. One man – a marine by his uniform saw Martin enter.
“Attention on deck!”
Instantly, everyone stopped what they were doing and immediately stood up at attention, all facing Martin. The five star general looked around the room. Raising his arm halfway, he spoke.
“As you were”.
The men sat down again, and the buzz of voices continued marked by the usual exaltations of winners and the overly loud groans of those who lost in the ten or twelve games that were being played. Martin picked his way though until he arrived at a cluster of higher ranking officers near the fire – all of them generals of one degree or another. Standing up, one of them grasped Martin’s hand, shaking it firmly.
“Martin! It’s so good to see you again.”
“Likewise. Where have you been Howard?”
“I was stationed at Limtol. When the fighting broke out again, I was transferred here.”
“Come over here” Martin gestured to a row of unoccupied tables. “We need to talk.”
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: M-6

Swift smiled upon her. He lay his arm on her shoulder.
"You know, it's the 14th of February today" he said.
"Hmm, so, what's the matter?"
"The Wolf Pack celebrates Valentine then"
"What's that, Valentine?"
"It's a festivity for all the couples"
"So, what do you do then?" she asked him looking into his deep blue eyes.
"Well, you do this" he said giving her two kisses in her neck.
"That's sweet" she said "is that all?"
"No, we also give eachother gifts and share sweet words on letters we write eachother, too bad I don't have a piece of paper right now"
"Why's that, you can always say your words to me" she said, giving him a tender kiss on his lips.

"I feel it on the inside
I feel it in my soul
I feel this certain something
That makes my body whole

Without you I’d be nothing
Like a wounded without his pain
Like a rich man without anything
Like a cloud without it’s rain

Thoughts cannot express
The way you make me feel
The way you look into my eyes
The way you make my dreams seem real

I’ve loved you for a while
But never loved you like this before
I know that we’re just friends
But I wish for so much more

When you came into my life
I had never known such a girl
Filled with all the characteristics
That can make me happy in this world

Many times I have told girls
That there’s not a soul to them that can compare
Many times I’ve told girls they were my only one
But the difference now is that it is my love to you I swear

Soon you’ll know my feelings
But I’m just not ready to let you know yet
Sooner than expected you’ll find out
Because just talking about it makes me sweat

You don’t even know it
You’re lost without a clue
No idea at all
That I’ve fallen in love with you

-Thats one of the many poems I remember me, my uncle use to tell me them so I could write them on a piece of paper and give them to a girl"
"That's so cute..." Aaylah said, but she was interrupted by Swift.
"The only thing about this poem and real life is...that...I...really love you and that I'm not afraid to say that"
"That's..." Aaylah was happy surprised by Swift gentle words to her.
"I love you to" she said.
When she said this, Swift grabbed her slowly and gentle and kissed her, on her lips this time.
They probably kissed eachother for minutes. After that, they went to sleep to since it was allready getting dawn.
Last edited by Sir Drake on Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Knight
Reeve

An aged woman stepped forward into the light of the fire. “Tell me stranger, what do you want?” It was Lady Peregil.
I –10

She wasn't tall or bright in complexion, but her eyes were cheery and she carried herself with integrity. Her hair was long and gray and her wrinkled face held a kind smile.

"Are you sure mother?" Malder asked.

"Yes my dear, I'm sure. Now won't you call for a foot stool so our guest can put up his leg?"

"Yes mother." Said Malder heading for the door.

"Now, stranger," she said, seating her self on one of the chairs. "What is your name and what did you wish to tell me?"

"Gib, your ladyship. Gib's my name. I've come to ask you about an old family from this area. A man told me you would know about them. The family name was Belphinigib."

"Belphinigib. Yes I believe I could tell you what became of them, but first, why do you wish to know about them?"

The page had come back by now and Gib was just easing his leg onto the stool when the lady finished.

"My lady, when I was a boy my father, a knight in his majesties service, was killed in battle. Because of this I resolved to never become a knight and fled away from my home. That was over thirty five years ago and now I've come back. I've come back to see if any of my family... That is, any of the name Belphinigib, are still alive."

There was utter silence for a moment and then the lady moved. Before Gib knew it, she was standing in front of him, staring into his eyes. "No... No it can't be." she murmured. The lady’s hand went to her mouth as a look of horror sprang into her face. She stumbled backwards.

"By Chodan, you look just like your father!"

The next thing Gib knew, he was being hoisted out of the chair and being dragged out of the room, down the hall, out the door, across the courtyard, through the gate and flung down in a bank of snow.

"Of all the Gaul!" Malder roared. "How dare you come in here with such a heap of lies! Do you know what you might have done to her?"

"I-I'm sorry, I don't understand!" Gib stammered. "What did I do?"

"What did you do? What did you do!!!" Malder glared at Gib, trying to catch his breath and cope with his loss of words. "You- you mean you actually don't know? Long ago, before I was born, before Lady Peregil became Lady Peregil, there lived a knight and his wife named Manus and Emphria, Belphinigib. They had a son named Rigger, but when Manus died, Rigger ran away and Emphria was left alone. She was doomed to the fate of a widow, or she would have been but the local Baron took pity on her and brought her to live at his estate.

“Soon the two fell in love and were married. It wasn't long after that that I was born. Now I hope to high heaven that you are what I think you are. A crook and a sham, trying to take my families riches. But if you are who you say you are... If you are Rigger, Belphinigib. Then I hope beyond hope that you never have a wife of your own.

"You left my mother when she needed comfort. You left her, a widow, to fend for herself just because you were afraid to be a man! Manus Belphinigib knew what it was to keep allegiance to his king and so did my father. He died fighting for this country, just like Manus! In my mother's life, there were only two men who ever mattered to her. They are both dead. And Emphria does not need this now!

"Now GET OUT!"

The gates slammed shut behind Malder and all Gib could do was stare. Thoughts raced through his head. What Malder had said. The revelations. The accusations. The look on his mother's face. It all melded into a strange numb feeling that ended when Jackal started licking his master's face.

"Jackal? Jackal, there you are. Where were you?” Griffin fluttered down onto Gib’s shoulder and then chirped as Gib put up his hood over both of them. “No…no it did not go well, Griffin. Come on, let’s go.”

Ok, enough of that!
The Green Knight
Reeve

"You ask why you are here? You ask my name? I can answer both with one reply. My name --when I was a man worth anything-- Was Bargon.

"That's right brother, I'm here to kill you."
"No! Targon cried. “That's impossible! You're dead!”

“Yes Targon, I am. Or am I? Let me tell you what happened the day they tired to kill me.”
Bargon was not in his cell. He wasn't even in the dungeon. He was sitting in a strange type of parlor room in one of the upper floors of the fortress. All around him were books and potions and things. Then the door opened. It was Caimlin. He walked in and silently poured two glasses of wine. Bargon could barely keep from drooling. How long had it been since he had tasted wine? It seemed like forever.

"I must congratulate you Bargon." said Caimlin handing Bargon a glass. "Your plan was to escape was brilliant." Bargon wasn't listening. Already he was polishing off his wine, catching the last drops on his tongue. He turned to Caimlin as if expecting more.

"As a matter of fact," said Caimlin, continuing "I just got done chatting with Lord Void via teleharm."

"You don't say." Said Bargon. "And what did the lord say?"

"He told me to kill you." Caimlin responded in a casual manner.

"What! You can't do that it's against the rules."

"Well Lord Void made up the rules Bargon, so I think he can change them if he likes."

Bargon was speechless. What had gone wrong? His plan was so perfect. So brilliant and now...

"Your drink was poisoned." Caimlin continued. "One of Lord Void's most powerful potions. By the way, I never liked you Bargon and I only wish that Targon were here to see you die."

Bargon felt a bit queasy. So this was how it would end. Targon had won at last. "Curses" Bargon said. And he rolled off the chair and knew no more.
“But that wasn't the end, Targon. No it seems that Caimlin had some trouble finding the poison and gave me something else instead. It took me forever to discover the true contents of that glass, but I believe now, after all my research, that I finally know what it was. It was a unique potion, I believe. One that was meant to be used for the disenchantment of golems. It was designed to remove the spirit of it's victim and that's just what it did to me.

“Do you know what it feels like Targon, to be trapped in your own body. Lying there without any control. They buried me. Six feet under and all I could do was watch my body decomposing around me. I don't know how long I stayed that way. How long it was before I escaped.

“I went first into the ground. And then into sky. Soon I found I could become whatever element I wished. And moreover, I could control it all. That's how I came to be this way. That's how I became the Elemental.

“So Targon, any last words?”

“Well...uh...look brother, uh...Bargon listen, I...”

“Oh shut up, Targon. Just shut up and die!”

There was a great rumble in the earth and Targon was stabbed by twelve different spikes of rocks. Through his head, through his chest, though neck, everywhere!

“Goodbye brother.” the Elemental said in a voice full of loathing. And then...everything collapsed.

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

M-8
Drullen Bell Keep

Rosa was in a bad mood, a very bad mood. It was lucky no one else was about in the snowy courtyard, or they would have recieved a violent verbal attack if they had even simply said hello.

Rosa was angry at Radjar. Angry at him for leaving, and angry with herself for not being able to convince him to stay. As Rosa had gotten to know the King of the Dark Forset more and more, she had learned that he had always yearned to wonder. She didn't like to move about. That was one of many friction points in their relationship. Radjar was a born fighter and loved doing it too, Rosa could kick the megabloks out of anyone, but she never went out looking for fights, something she though Radjar did.

She knew Radjar had been bored holed up in Drullen Bell Keep, with nothing to do except wait until the snows melted, but she had hoped she could have successfully 'trained' him not to wander. It was not to be.

When the strangers Swift and Strider had volunteered to go on the scouting mission Gonderin ordered, Radjar had been quick to join them, as well as the Jerlock siblings. Rosa had no interest in going, and her attempts to sway Radjar to stay were futile. Now she was along, abandoned, on the day that celebrated love and togetherness. Alone.

In a sudden rage, Rosa drew out her slim knife and threw it at a target set up for training Forestmen archers. Bulls-eye.

Rosa snorted in approval. She had not lost her touch.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

The Green Knight wrote:
“So how does that help us with your brother?”

“Oh.... I'm sorry, I guess I'm.... I'm getting distracted. Back to work, huh?”
G-10
Majisto's Workshop

Lord Void grunted, then returned to the tome. Another three hours later Lord Void was about ready to tear the tome cover-to-cover in frustration when suddenly a word leapt out at him.

Nugia

Lord Void blinked, then rubbed his monocle. Then he looked back at the page and reread the word just to make sure he was reading it right. There was no doubt. Though a rarity in all the languages, a few words were spelt the same no matter if they were Elivish, Orcish, Faerie or simply Human, and the word Nugia was one of them. Quickly the Dragon Master's eyes flicted over the page, translated words...stone...life...self...survival...

"Jarvick!" Lord Void snapped, "I've got something...read this..."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].