Classic-Castle Roleplay: February 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

The Green Knight wrote:“No!” Brugs screamed. “That's where you're wrong! I may not be able to make you pay, but I will still have my revenge. The payment will come in the blood of your friends!”

It was an evil and spiteful plan that had come into Brugs head. And Dale was horrified by the very thought. For a moment, Dale forgot that he couldn't break free, and wrenching himself from Brug's grip, shouted at the top of his lungs.

“Logen, Walf, look out!”
Grid: J-10

Beer slopped onto the worn table as Reno's possessed sword appeared the explode. The blade shot into the air and headed straight for Alex, who fell over backwards, before suddenly doing an about turn and whirling upward into the rafters of the inn.

Waft shrieked and Logan fumbled with his axe as the weapon dove again like a erratic, drunken hawk, knocking over candles and dishes. Unknown to everyone in the inn, the Dale and Brug were both struggling to control the sword like a fatally damaged airship. Neither were quite sure how to control the sword, for there were no simple helm. They battled to control the sword with their minds while physically punching and pushing one another. If they had been alive, Dale would have been beaten to a pulp. However, both were now evenly matched.

The sword continued it's antics, swerving and diving, once in a while jamming itself into the woodwork of a table or wall before ripping itself free again. Now everyone in the inn were screaming and swearing. At last the sword stopped it's loops and dove towards the nearest person, one of the bartenders. Metal met flesh, and the man's chest was punctured. The blade missed the vital organs, but the force pinned the poor man to the wall, screaming. Alex charged forward and wrenched the sword out, tearing even more flesh, before the blade suddenly went wild again and dragged Alex off his feet.

Alex doggedly held on until the sword did an about turn so swiftly it broke his wrist. The sword leapt into the air and flew at Walf like an arrow. Walf screamed, and the blade jerked to the left, missing Walf's head but severing the young boy's left ear before slamming hard into the chest of Logon. Logon gasped, eyes wide, then tumbled to the floor. Swearing and limping, Alex crashed over to his friend and stared dumbly at the sword. It was entangled in Logon's maille, and had not pieced his flesh. Simply the force of the blow had knocked the winded out of Logon.

Alex grabbed a cask, cupped it over the sword and snapped the lid on tight, sealing the demonized sword in a prison of wood. Alex barely heard the angry cries and moans of the other cliental of the inn. The ones who were not hurt were muttering about black magic and were preparing to charge the wounded threesome. Alex thrust the cast into the stunned Walf's hands and dragged Logon outside, where he promptly hijacked a brewster's wagon.

Alex threw Logon in the back among the barrels, hoisted Walf up to the front painfully and slapped the horse's rump as he himself grabbed the jumped on. It was time to get out of Orion.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

When the avalanche finially stopped; Anardan was covered to his neck in snow, and he couldn't move at all. There was silence for several moments, before someone called out.

"Hello?"

It was Reno. His hat and staff were missing, and his entire form was covered with snow. He spotted Anardan, submerged in the drift, and quickly dug him out.

"Where are the others?"

"Don't know;"

Reno said.

"But we can't wait to find out."

Anardan was suddenly jerked backwards. Taken off guard, he tumbled into the snow.

"You alright?"

Anardan looked at the sled lead rope, still wound around his wrist.

"Something pulled on the rope!"

There was another jerk, harder this time. Anardan pulled back, three times.

"Hello? Anyone down there?"

There was no answer.

"Someone must be caught in an air pocket. Come on, we've got to get them out before they run out of air!"

Reno picked up the board he had used to dig out Anardan, and followed him while he yanked the rope out of the snow until he was directly over where the sled should be buried.Reno begun digging furiously, but the snow kept sliding back to replace what he dug out.

"Shh!"

Reno halted his digging, and they could hear Sir Dractor's muffled voice filtering up through the snow.

"Hello? Can anyone hear me?"

"Yes, Anardan and I are going to try to get you out!" replied Reno.

Anardan looked at the hole, no more than a depression in the snowdrift.

"They must be five feet down!"
Exclaimed Anardan, pulling on the lead rope.

"Listen, on three, you will push up on the bottom of the sled and we'll pull;"
Called Anardan.
"Reno, grab the rope! One, two, THREE!"
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: H-21

Jayko was quite filthy. Several weeks without a bath or washing of any sort would do that to you.

Several weeks....

Had it been THAT long since Port Jozef? Even longer since Orion.

For several weeks they had been trapped in the hold of the slaver. Jayko had lost any hope of getting free, but somehow he still harboured the thought that things would get better once they landed, and got out of the ship. Even in Anka Dolour.

But Elwen had no such hope. She sat, silently, in her cage, waiting for the worst to come.

There was a change in the crew, Jayko had noticed when they came to serve the prisoners. The temperature was warmer, and seas calmer, so they must be in southern waters. And to judge by the crew, they were close to their destination.

"All hands on deck!" came a distant cry through the door as they were served their daily meal. "All hands to prepare for docking!"

The crew threw the prisoners their food, and dashed back on deck, slamming the door behind them.

They had reached Anka Dolour.
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

They all started to chat a little, Cyclonis, Kayfar. The were enjoying thier time, but they started to get a little lost. Qual-Ren was sleeping, taking up most of the room in the canoe.
They were still tailing that boat full of people.
"Once we find them, we will ask for directions, right?" asked Cyclonis.
"Yes", answered Kayfir.
Cyclonis had gaven up, and now Kayfir was steering and rowing the canoe.
The fog was getting lesser, and clearing out. The water and the air was getting reasonably warmer, but it was still very cold. Cyclonis had noticed that Qual-Ren was shivering in his sleep, so he gave up his cloak, and wrapped it sround Qual-Ren's torso.

When Kayfir had reached the end of the other boat, they were barly touching. They tried to scream out to them, and tried different ways of communicating, but they just didnt reply. The sound of all the racket had awakened Qual.
"Are they purposely trying to ignore us?" asked Qual Ren.
"I have no idea....Hey!!!" screamed Cyclonis, as he was trying to grab the eyepatched, red-wearing Shugun trooper's attention.
Cyclonis shouts in anger!"Aaarrg! if we can't grab there attention, we'll probably be lost forever!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Gib watched the ship disappear around the coast before turning his attention to the sled. It didn't take long to hook it up and soon he was speeding across the tundra, headed for Orlon.
Grid: G-9

“Right this way sir! Eh, mind the ceiling here, it's a bit low.” The man with the torch ducked as he led Gib through the dungeons of castle Orlan. “I must say, you are lucky to have come to me. I doubt anyone else knew he was down here. Now I believe, and I'm not sure, but I believe that he was brought in by those bloody Falcons some time after the war. Some scheme to promote local contentment or something by giving the people some entertainment.”

“Entertainment?” Gib questioned. “What do you mean?”

“Well...well you know. Entertainment. Where they put the bear in a pen and pit him against a couple of hounds or sometimes even a bull. They call it bear baiting, I believe. Usually the bear won't make it through his first match, but if he does all it means is that he's set for a rematch later on. How this guy got left down here I wouldn't know, though if I had to guess I'd say that he was probably forgotten about in the confusion of the princes return.

“I was with him of course, when we kicked out the bloody Falcons and it was only a few day ago that I happened upon your friend. I tried to give him food a couple of times and nearly got my arm bitten off twice. Of course with the food shortage and all, we were fixing on turning him into stew. However...if you have some claim to him... Ah, here we are, he's in there.”

The guard pointed into a deep, black, cell. It was dark inside, the light of the torch failed utterly in it's attempt to penetrate the wall of blackness. Gib could hear some muffled snuffling noises in the back, but nothing else could be distinguished in the blackness.

“Let me in.” Gib said.

“Are you sure?” asked the guard. “It might be dangerous. We haven't opened this door since we found it.”

“I'm sure.” Gib responded.
The guard fitted a key into the lock and turned it till it clicked. For a moment, all was silent. Then Gib reached for the handle. There was a terrible rasping sound of bear claws on the stone floor and suddenly it came into view. A huge mass of brown fur, hurling through the air.

The cell door exploded as Grizzle burst forth. Gib was hurled through the air, hitting a wall and collapsing onto the floor. The guard dropped his torch and ran, blindly down the passage way, screeming bloody murder.

Gib struggled to regain his senses, hoisting himself up only to see the enormous, haggard form of Grizzle leering over him. Huge and terrible, he looked in the light of the fallen torch. With a strange savagery and madness in his eyes.

“No, Grizzle stop!”

The bear landed down above Gib, his muzzle only inches away from the hermit's face.

“It's alright Grizzle. It's me, Gib.”

Gib held his breath, staring for a moment into the crazed eyes of his friend. The breath of the bear fell hot on his face and then...the madness faded. The bear began to sob in some great animal moan, laying his shaggy head on the chest of his master.

“Yes,” Gib said. “Yes I'm here Grizzle. It's alright.” And Gib began to weep too. But the tears were those of joy. The joy of two friends that had finally found each other.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Five days after the sled incident, the Fellowship Of The Pendants at last crossed the border into Classic LEGOland. They were all in high spirits. Their packs were lighter, and so was their step. They had just reached the peak of a steep hill when all megabloks broke loose. Or, more precisely, a chunk of snow did.

It started as a small tumble, but suddenly it became much more. Suddenly, there was no hill, there was simply a boiling, roiling mass of snow cascading downward. Bjarn and Sir Dractor went down first, the snow swallowing them up and tumbling them down. Reno, Aros, Luxus, Shainya, and Anardan all followed. Only Voolmark, using the Earth Magic, was able to keep himself from being swallowed/
Shainya screamed, and then promptly fainted, though she would deny it later. When she awoke, she was in the arms of not Reno, but Aros.

"Shainya!! Oh thank Chodan!" Aros promptly set her aside and continued, “Help me look for Luxus!"

They both began to dig about in the snow and suddenly Aros began frantically scrabbling at where a gloved hand protruded. With a cry Shainya jumped up and began to shift chuck of snow too. At last the blue face of Luxus was revealed, his eye closed, mouth and nostrils clogged with snow. They still could not pull him out of the snow, but Aros cleared Luxus's nose and clawed the snow out from the little boy's mouth, though he couldn't know if there was snow still lodged in the throat.

Aros started to repeat, "Luxus, wake up, it's your brother Aros, wake up..." while rubbing his face, the only body part visible, vigorously.

Shainya patted herself down frantically and pulled out a thermos, a simple mug with a seal that Voolmark charmed yesterday to keep the contents warm. She uncorked it and blinked at the steam hit her eyes. Then she moved over to Luxus, who had still not shown any sign of life, and poured some of the liquid down his throat. The drink scalded Luxus's tongue, but effectively melted the snow clogging his throat and snapped him awake. He coughed frantically and spit out most of the liquid, but he was alive.

Aros shook tears from his eyes and said happily, “Hang on, lil buddy, we’ll get you out of there soon!”
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: F-17
Formendacil wrote:So far though, the ship did not deviate from its course. Nor did Kendo or any of his men do anything openly to threaten the passengers. But it was as apparent as the chill wind that SOMETHING was in planned.
Cyclonis wrote:"I have no idea....Hey!!!" screamed Cyclonis, as he was trying to grab the eyepatched, red-wearing Shugun trooper's attention.
Cyclonis shouts in anger!"Aaarrg! if we can't grab there attention, we'll probably be lost forever!
"There are some people back there," said Elbadar to Quorandis, gesturing into the night. "I'm sure of it."

"Yes, they've been there for more than a day or two now," said Quorandis.

"Shouldn't we stop to help them?" asked Elbadar. "They seem rather keen to get our attention."

"It's Kendo's ship, not ours," said Quorandis. "And I rather fancy that they're safer out there than in here. We are, after all, on a pirate ship bound for Anka Dolour."

"You think that Kendo would enslave them?" said Elbadar.

"I don't think it, I'm certain of it," said Quorandis. "And quite frankly, if he did, I don't think we'd be able to do a thing to counter him. Two men against a crew, on their ship at that, is suicide. We're in enough danger as it is."

Elbadar glanced over at the tiller, where Kendo was standing, staring at him with an evil glint in his eye.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Grid K-22

It was around midnight. They had finished supper and were both sitting in two beautifully carved chairs. Both were silent as they watched the fire.

“Ummm, didn't you say you traveled oversea?” The old man asked.

“Uh... Yes, yes. I traveled from the main Classic-LEGOland country.” Lone ranger replied, coming out of deep thinking.

“Ahh. Any news from there?”

“Well, Orion was taken over by Dragon masters and then taken back. And before I left, snow began to cover the country side quiet quickly.”

“Hmmmmm. I remember hearing something about half of the mainland being covered in snow... So anyways. This man you are searching for. Why do you seek him?” The old man asked.

“I really do not know. I remember when training with a group of Ronin, and I was given word to head here. But that was 2 years ago.” The small hut lay Silent for awhile.

Braking the silence, The Lone ranger asked,

“That scar on your right arm. Where did you get it?”

The old Man glanced at his arm and looked back at the Lone ranger.

“War... It was during a great battle that I was slashed on my right arm.”

The old Man's face looked rugged and worn as the lone ranger looked closer at him.

“The war of the princes.” The lone ranger said, still staring at him.

His face seem to go cold after hearing that. The old Man got up and walked into a dark corner of the hut. The fire shining on his face.

“Why have you come...”

The Lone ranger Looked strait at the Man's face.

“So you are the man I am searching for.” He said silently and calmly.

“It is past dark. Goodnight.”

Without letting the lone ranger respond he opened the door to the hut and walked out.

LR
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

The Fellowship all emerged alive from the avalanche, although Luxos did not recover immediately, and Bjarn needed many days before he was the same again. He and Sir Dractor had managed just in the nick of time to leap from their stifling prison under the buried sled; after the joint efforts of them pushing from underneath and Anardan pulling on the rope from above managed to push the four feet of snow aside for just long enough to scramble out; before the hole collapsed in on itself. The sled and virtually all of the supplies were lost for good. Anardan, Dractor, and Reno still had their backframes intact, but out of the three, only two were filled with food. The other, by an amazing stroke of luck, held the dry tinder and kindling they needed to start a fire, as well as most of the tools and supplies the group carried. While Dractor started a fire, Anardan and Reno took dry cloaks from one of the backframes and returned to the scarred hillside. They returned an hour later, again covered with snow, but dragging with them two of the leather-wrapped supply packages from the sled.

"Here are the only two we could save. This one has some food, but the other is just clothes."

Bjarn looked over the supplies in the firelight, shaking his head.

"We don't have nearly enough to get us even halfway to Yellow Castle!"
A Forestman sits
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Commander Redbeard wrote:Location: Crusader hillside

The Fellowship all emerged alive from the avalanche, although Luxus did not recover immediately, and Bjarn needed many days before he was the same again. He and Sir Dractor had managed just in the nick of time to leap from their stifling prison under the buried sled; after the joint efforts of them pushing from underneath and Anardan pulling on the rope from above managed to push the four feet of snow aside for just long enough to scramble out; before the hole collapsed in on itself. The sled and virtually all of the supplies were lost for good. Anardan, Dractor, and Reno still had their backframes intact, but out of the three, only two were filled with food. The other, by an amazing stroke of luck, held the dry tinder and kindling they needed to start a fire, as well as most of the tools and supplies the group carried. While Dractor started a fire, Anardan and Reno took dry cloaks from one of the backframes and returned to the scarred hillside. They returned an hour later, again covered with snow, but dragging with them two of the leather-wrapped supply packages from the sled.

"Here are the only two we could save. This one has some food, but the other is just clothes."
"Better cloths than something useless, like books." muttered Voolmark, who had joined them five minutes ago. He had been the only one not harmed by the disastrous slide, which was luck, for from his vantage point on the hill he had been able to sight all the them and bring the Fellowship back together.

Bjarn looked over the supplies in the firelight, shaking his head.

"We don't have nearly enough to get us even halfway to Yellow Castle!" he bemoaned.

Reno hunched around the crackling but pitifully small fire and rubbed his exposed hands. "We need to go a-hunting if we're ever going to survive this."

Bjarn nodded, and withdrew his aged and scarred yew bow from it's sling on his back.

"Come, Dractor, let's go see if we can find something..."

"Alright..." the knight stood and brushed snow off his behind, "But why do you need me, Bjarn? I have only mediocre skill with a bow."

"I need your strong back if I actually hit something." smiled Bjarn as he tightened and waxed his bow.

Dractor grunted and smiled back.

"Don't take too long," cautioned Aros, who was returning with more wood, "It'll be dark soon and the temperature will drop even more. Plus the last thing we need is for your two to get lost."

"Right." affirmed Bjarn over his shoulder.

As the duo set off, Reno slumped back to lean against Shainya, who was cradling the small and still blue form of Luxus.

"How's he?" Reno asked.

"Not good." Shainya quavered, "He's deadly cold...and there's nothing to warm him..."

Reno wrapped his arms around Shainya and Luxus.

"He won't die. I'll make sure of that." he replied.

They remain huddled together while Aros and Anardan took turns bringing wood and guarding against anything unwanted.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nothing disturbed the little camp, for, unknown to them, 'anything unwanted' was hunting the party of two who were now tracking through a small wood.

As Bjarn and Sir Dractor examined tracks, they talked quietly.

"Dractor, when do you suppose you will go and continue your original quest that you came to Dametreos for?"

"I don't know Bjarn, I really don't know. I'm not even sure if I am needed anymore. Perhaps my only role to play in the Old Man's mission was to distract the Crusaders at Leidenheim..."

"From what you've told me, I doubt that very much. I have a gut feeling that you'll come to play a major part in this Old Man's quest, whatever it may be."

Suddenly Sir Dractor straightened and gripped Bjarn's arm. A growl tore threw the freezing air. A growl that was not human...suddenly broken by a chilling howl

"Wolves!" Bjarn swore.

"Even worse..." Dractor muttered, "Timberwolves..."

"Those tycos are far too south!" swore Bjarn, "Timberwolves rarely leave the upper Black Falcon forests..."

Eyes began to glow in the fading light...they were slitted eyes, and there were many pairs..."

"Oh bloody megablocks..."

"I hate to sound like an old cliché shouter...but, Dractor, we're surrounded..."

Dractor drew out is sword in a flurry, and Bjarn nocked an arrow.

"Whatever we do," cautioned the knight, "We must now lead them back to the others."

"Agreed." said Bjarn, flexing his fingers.

The eyes were multiplying, and were drawing nearer. Not waiting for the beasts to entered the fading ring of light, Bjarn took aim at the spot between to red pupils and fired. The green-fletched arrow sliced the air and thudded through skull and into brain. One wolf down.

The timberwolves howled angrily at the loss of their comrade and leaped forward, teeth gnashing, tails swishing, claws digging.

Sir Dractor spilt the next blood, diving forward and slicing through a wolf's ribcage with a swift uppercut. Bjarn managed to take down two wolves and wound another before they pressing in too tight as so the long range of the bow was useless.

Bjarn jabbed one end of his bow into the eye of one of the frontrunners and then snapped it back into it's sling before killing the half-blinded wolf with a stab of his saber.

Dractor moved like lightning, sword gripped in both hands, cleaving timberwolf after timberwolf through with the sheer force of his swings.

Bjarn preferred a two-handed, two-weaponed attack, with the bloodied saber in one had and his think spear in the others. He would alternately cripple a beast with a slice, then finish it off with either a jarring knock to the head or a quick stab.

At first the two men had the advantage, but suddenly exhaustion hit then, for they had not rested in over a day, and Bjarn at least was not in his ideal fighting environment. The snow clung to his breeches and he twisted an ankle badly when he slipped into an unseen hole. Even Sir Dractor, who had experience in battling in wintry conditions, knew the terrain was against them.

Bjarn didn't tire as fast as Dractor due to the lack of heavy armor, but he sustained more gashes and bites.

The wolves kept falling and coming and bleeding and dying and attacking and biting and clawing...and Bjarn and Dractor were slowing loosing energy and hope.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

[quote="Lord_Of_The_LEGO
The wolves kept falling and coming and bleeding and dying and attacking and biting and clawing...and Bjarn and Dractor were slowing loosing energy and hope.[/quote]

The six companions stiffened as the howl of Timberwolves rent the midnight air. A heavy fear, like some great, engulfing substance, rolled across the camp like a lava flow. There were no sounds except the howling, keening moans of the wolves, filling the air around them.

Anardan dropped his pack next to the fire.

"Reno, Voolmark, take one of these!"

Three flaming brands from the small fire sparked as Anardan handed them to his two companions. Reno looked worridly at Shainya, looking petrified but grim in the firelight, clutching her dagger.

"You and Luxus stay close to the fire!"

The trio stood at the edge of the firelight, Reno and Anardan with drawn swords, and Voolmark preparing his Earth Magic, when the yells of the hunters drifted faintly to their ears.

"The wolves must have them!"

Reno and Voolmark hurried to where Anardan was standing, his hand cupped to his ear.

"We can't let them be taken. Reno, you stay here with Shainya and Luxos, Anardan and I will go help Bjarn and Dractor!"

The torches flamed in the darkness, shedding thin pools of light as the two men ran with weapons at the ready, prepared for anything.

Or almost anything.
A Forestman sits
LEGO-las
Apprentice

Post by LEGO-las »

First post... will soon get better.

E-17
Qual Ren was not in a good mood. What was happening? "Ahoy there! Can you hear me?"
Nothing. Something was wrong. "Cyclonis, I'm going to board the ship. You come in right after me. Keyfar, you stay here."
"Are you sure..."
"Quite. Now hurry Up!"
He looked at the water. If he fell, it would be his end. Oh well. He must. He silently jumped aboard. The deck... it was stained red with blood.
"Cyclonis... We have to get out oh here... Hurry!"
Some madness drove him on. He jumped and tripped on the edge of the boat. Cyclonis made it. Qual Ren was slipping.
"Qual Ren? Where are you?"
"HERE! HELP!!!"
Cyclonis barely caught his hand as he slipped into the sea. He pulled him up.
"Are you all right?"
"Not really. But those people, they looked like they were standing... Their ship must have been raided. And they looked like they were... forestmen. Wait! There's another ship over there!"
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Grid: J-10
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Alex threw Logon in the back among the barrels, hoisted Walf up to the front painfully and slapped the horse's rump as he himself grabbed the jumped on. It was time to get out of Orion.
Alex jerked the reigns of the wagon, wheeling wildly round the corner. He was headed for the alley behind the Inn where he knew Ugrun would be waiting.

“Hop on!” he called as he reached the wolf. Ugrun leaped aboard, as Alex continued down the alley, making fresh tracks in the dirty snow.

“Alex,” Walf yelled from the back of the cart. “Where are we going?”

“North,” Alex called over his shoulder. “My friends are in the forestmen territory.”

Just then, all megablocks broke lose. An enraged yell broke from the wooden cask as the ghost of Brugs sifted out of the sword and into the cart. This was the first glimpse Alex had gotten of the dead Dragon Master and he dropped the reigns out of shock.

With a growl Ugrun leaped at Brugs. The wolf knew an enemy when he saw one, but he didn't know about ghosts and he didn't expect to go flying straight through the intangible Brugs. Ugrun landed on the horse like a leopard tackling a gazelle. Naturally the horse panicked and Ugrun, who couldn't hold on, fell off and rolled away, under the cart.

Meanwhile, in the back of the cart, Brugs was on the attack. He brutally smashed Walf over the head with the wooden cask and was about to follow it up when Dale joined the fray.

The wagon was out of control now, jerking this way and that as it jolted along behind the crazed horse. Alex tried desperately to reach the reigns, but with a broken wrist, it wasn't easy. And as Alex groped for the reigns, Logen was making a careful decision. The blow from the sword had only winded him for a moment and wasn't unconscious. Methodically he surveyed his surroundings. Walf was laying over beside a barrel, still bleeding. Alex was occupied in the front. Dale was fighting this new ghost and Logen was in over his head.

But Logen's time for analyzing was up, as Dale was thrown off the back of the cart and Brugs turned to him.

Well, how do you fight a ghost? You can't. It's like fighting a shadow. One that can grab you but one you can't grab back.

Logen defended himself staunchly, but he took a beating and it wasn't long before he found himself pinned underneath the spirit. He had a bad feeling that he would be following Dale over the back of the cart.

But wait...Dale was still back there. He was trailing along behind the cart, like sack of potatoes on an invisible rope. Why? Was it the sword? Of course, they were connected. Where was the cask? There it was, lying next to Walf. It was just within Logen's reach.

“Well?” The ghost was talking to him. Talking with a very real dagger poised in his hand. “Any last words my friend?”

“Yeah,” said Logen. “See ya.” With a flick of the wrist, Logen arched the cask over Brug's head and out of the cart. Brugs looked confused for a second until he realized what Logen had done. And by then it was too late.

The “invisible rope” came taught and Brugs was ripped off the back of the cart. Logen struggled back up to the front of the cart, where Alex was just getting a hold of the reigns.

“Whoa, whoa!” Alex slowed the horse to a slow trot. “What was that? Where's Ugrun?”

“That was... I think know what that was but it isn't important now. They're gone so keep going. I'll take care of Walf.”

“But what about Ugrun and Dale?”

“We leave them. Besides, Dale's too dangerous now. How's your wrist?”

“It hurts like megablocks but I'll be fine for now. See if you can't bandage up Walf.”

The horse kept heading north, but Alex knew that soon they would have to abandon the cart and carry on on foot.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

E-17,

"Nah, thats it. I'm going over there into their ship", screamed Cyclonis
"What do you think that will accomplish?" Kayfir was annoyed by this statement. "You ill-tempered fool! You'll get yourslef tied up, or even burned alive!"
"pfft..none of thats going to happen. They're probably really happy pirates, or fishermen or whatever they may be" said Cyclonis.

"I wouldn't put my life on that one" replied Kayfir

"He's right. If you go there, you'll get killed. If we just stay in here and follow them, then we might just fund a way to land" stated Qual Ren.

Cyclonis thought a little, then without a second glance back, he hooked both boats up together. Kayfir chopped the rope with his dagger knife. Cyclonis starred back with an evil glance.

"Look, if you want to settle our differences, then we'll do that later" said Cyclonis in a angry, impaitiant voice.
"Oh, your not serious are you? I bet when we get on land, you'll forget all of this ever happened. You have alot of irrelivent outbursts of anger, don't ya?!" Said Kayfir.
"Yeh, thats if we will ever actually get on any land with you here with us!" Screamed Cyclonis.
"Alright, if you want it that way, then you better just resign your memory of ever becoming a knight, and just leave the kingdom altogether, if you want it so bad!!!" Screamed Kayfir again in an angry and 'ticked-off' voice.

"Just shutup you two!! Kayfir, stop stirring him up, and Cyclonis, stop being so rediculous! You can't get on the boat, Kayfir is trying to save your life, so just deal with it, Okay?" -, interupted Qual Ren as the other two were fighting.
Cyclonis and Kayfir just had a moment of scilence, without a word coming from thir mouths. They went back to paddeling the boat further towards the ship.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: F-20
Formendacil wrote:Two men against a crew, on their ship at that, is suicide. We're in enough danger as it is."

Elbadar glanced over at the tiller, where Kendo was standing, staring at him with an evil glint in his eye.
"We're only a few days out from Anka Dolour," Quorandis was saying to Kendo. "And I wanted to thank you for taking us. We would probably not have been able to leave Port Jozef without you. Most ships wouldn't have risked it."

"Most ships do not have Kendo as their captain," replied the pirate cockily. "And I have business of my own in the slaver city anyway. More, now..."

"More?" asked Quorandis.

"None of your business, Legolander," warned Kendo moodily.

"I think it is my business," said Quorandis. "You've been glaring at us for several days now. You obviously have something in mind."

"And if I do?" said Kendo.

"Then I want you to be well aware that it isn't worth your while to try and hinder or harm us," said Quorandis. "The Sorceror-king decimated your crew once. If need be, I'll do it again if you try and stop me from continuing on with my mission. And Elbadar is my companion and under my protection."

"Pretty words," sneered Kendo. "But there are no Cavaliers to back you up here. My men outnumber you twenty to one."

"Consider yourself warned," said Quorandis, walking away. Anka Dolour, he thought, couldn't come soon enough.