Real-life
62%

Total votes: 26

lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

How do you view it?

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Here's a question for all of you.

How do you envision CCRP? now, while it is in a "Lego" setting, do you imagine things in terms of bricks and studs or as real life events?

I share the view of the latter. In fact, I don't think I've ever envisioned things as if they were taking place as a Lego landscape.

What about you?
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Hmm...good topic!

I envision them mostly in real life, but constricted to LEGO forms. Like, all my characters looks like their minifig alter-ego, but in human shape. (unlike you, Nick, who's character's can't be remade into a minifig)

Bjarn looks like a spry Sean Connery. Lord Void is a sinister combo of Hugo Weaving and Jason Isaacs. Dale is Elijah Wood. The others are harder to parallel with actors, especially the females. Rosa is more of the chick you'd see in action movies as the kung-fu, fast-and-furious action gal, where Shainya would be the soft-spoken housewife in the slow-paced, emotional movies.

All the locations I see in my mind's eye as real places, not made out of LEGO. The large places in particular like Drullen Bell Keep and Orion I see as real places, mostly because there is no way I could contruct them out of my LEGO collection. The smaller locations, however, like Majisto's Workshop, I see both as a LEGO model and a real location.

Ok, whoa, I just realised how much thought I put into this post and the entire CCRP... :shock:

Do we all need serious help or what? :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I think of it as LEGO. :P
I haven't really done alot of the posts(yet) but when I say "people" I say minifig.
Because this is a LEGO Role Play. Not a Role Play :wink:
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I think of it as real live. Its just too complex for any other way. For one thing, a figs face can't show much emotion.

Dan :wink:
Last edited by Robin Hood on Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I honestly don't know which way to vote...

I see them as LEGO in my mind's eye, but in the same mind's eye I see them as real people and places. If I had to pick, I'd say I picture them more as real life, but it's just too difficult to say for sure...
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

After thinking about it, I know how it can it can be blended together. This is sort of how I visualise it.
http://festum.de/1000steine/album/albun81/amulet.jpg
Its realistic but undoubtibly LEGO. Because those minifigs can move in ways the real ones can't ect.......
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Formendacil wrote:I honestly don't know which way to vote...

I see them as LEGO in my mind's eye, but in the same mind's eye I see them as real people and places. If I had to pick, I'd say I picture them more as real life, but it's just too difficult to say for sure...
Just about the same for me. Though my problem with seeing it as totally Lego is that I start thinking how funny it looks with short stubby no nose yellow people running around trying to save or conquer their geometrical plat formed world. It just doesn’t seem to have the same draw that it would other wise, but that just my opinion. :wink:
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

I envision the people and events as real life, but I envision them as the person-equivelant of lego guys. There's no real way to explain it. I envision some of the places or things as lego, especially when I think: "I can built that. I wonder what it would look like?" And the image I think up sticks.

Oh, and Lord of the Lego...

This RP is better help for me than any psychiatrist! :D
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Hmm...I think Formedacil and Nathan explained my way the best. It's like I can't really say. Someitmes it feels LEGO and then real life. It a twist of both worlds really. :D
Space rocks.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I see them in real life, but in an anime-style. Not really true-to-the animation anime, but a realistic anime. So I guess I could say real life. The LEGO versions are far too limited, so I just choose the torso that fits my imagination best.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I see it in reality, just like Nathan, I compare them with actors. Aaylah would be Natalie Portman:
And Swift would be Legolas, but with black hair, Strider would be Eomer.
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

I see it as real life normaly but when I imagine a building or structure I see it as Lego. :)
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Now, on to dig up some more old topics. I hope you won´t kill me ;)

i must say that this was a very tough question. I definitely view the characters as minifigs, or "minifigish" anyway. Like minifigs but much more posable and with more emotions.

Locations are harder. I think I view them like Real Life... but with a LEGO feel of it. For example, I imagine Orion as a real medieval city but I think of it as yellow and exactly the "LEGO-yellow". I think I view most structures as kind of LEGOish but landscape I imagine as real landscape.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis