Classic-Castle Roleplay: March 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Soon they were all bundled and packed up, with the little red cart loaded to the brim. The old tudor house was torched, and the too groups set off in opposite directions, Vanderdious and Mayriz to warn the other Rebels, and the Lone Falcon, Freena, Lord Barbod, Dordrot, Rulph Belricks, Price Lego and his two guards out of Falconis City and to safty.
Grid: G-7

Lego was troubled. These strange people obviously weren't with the Falcons, and they obviously had a healthy fear of retribution. "Must be Bulls," thought Lego. He decided to lay all the cards on the table and hope for the best.

"Stop!" cried Lego. "I think that before we continue on any farther, we should tell each other who we are and what we are doing."

"There is no time!" replied The Lone Falcon. "We must get away from Falconis City fast. We.." But he got no further. Barbod stepped out and spoke.

"I am Barbod, king of the Bulls. I am here to regain my land. Who are you?"

Lego took a deep breath, partly to calm himself and partly out of surprise. The King of the Bulls?

"I am Lego XIII. Crown prince of the Royal Knights. I came here with my companions to see what I could learn about the state of the Falcons. I case you didn't know the Royal Knights have taken back over half of our land. Now it is a stale mate as long as this storm keeps up. It would be advantageous to us if we knew something of our enemies before battle begins again." Lego paused, wondering what to say next. He was revealed. He would have to hope that none of the strange people here were Falcon spies.

He looked at the other members. "And you are?"

Barbod turned, "This is Dordrot, my friend and fellow bull. This is Rulph Bericks, my ambassador to the Emperor, and these are Freena and the Lone Falcon. High ranking members in the Falcon resistance."

Lego was stunned. A Falcon resistance?

He managed, after a bit of trying to say, "then we had better head south. We should try to make for the border. My father will protect us."
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

H-13

Cynan looked up at his opponent with growing anger, this was the second time in a row that he’d lost, but he wouldn’t lose the third time. He quickly grabbed his sword and stood up, glaring at the fellow knight.

“One more time John” he said, to the other knight.

“No, that’s the second time you’ve lost, and we said best two of three”

“There’s still one more round!” snapped Cynan, his anger increasing every minute.

“Oh all right, but only if you insist”

The two knights took there positions, waiting for the other to strike. Cynan leaped at John swinging his sword with all his might, probably harder then he should have in a mock battle, john met it with his shield, than counter attacked. Cynan, blocking with his shield, spun to his left. The quick move caught John off guard, who was knocked on his face.

He could have stopped there, but Cynan, letting his anger get the best of him yelled;

“You dirty Megablok!” than thrust his sword into the back of John’s neck, killing him instantly.

Cynan looked around the courtyard, than back at the blood covered John, suddenly, he realized what he had done and cried,

“Oh no! What have I done?!”

He knelt down besides John and rolled him on to his back. He kissed the bloody face and said in a low voice

“I’m so sorry John, I didn’t mean to, I didn’t…” His voice trailed off

Cynan stood up, sheathed his sword and ran out of the courtyard. He didn’t know where he was going, he didn’t care. He just had to get out, had to get away.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Robin Hood wrote:Barbod turned, "This is Dordrot, my friend and fellow bull. This is Rulph Belricks, my ambassador to the Emperor, and these are Freena and the Lone Falcon. High ranking members in the Falcon resistance."

Lego was stunned. A Falcon resistance?

He managed, after a bit of trying to say, "then we had better head south. We should try to make for the border. My father will protect us."
G-7

The Lone Falcon hesitated, then nodded.

"Very well, Your Majesty. That will be to our advantage and the border is closer."

Prince Lego snorted. "Borders mean nothing to the Falcons!"

"Aye!" agreed Barbod, "Bloody Falcons."

"But we will be relatively safe in Castleton." continued Prince Lego, "Let us hope the skies do not open up."

"Indeed." agreed Rulph Belricks.

They started off again as fast as the Lone Falcon's horse could struggle it's way through the snow. When they came to what appeared the be a road, they debated whether they or not it was safe enough to travel upon it. Soon they decided that it would have been impossible to travel off the road without risking the cart, the horse, or themselves. They had to take the risk.

As the small party continued south, the Lone Falcon revealed all to Prince Lego XIII about the Resistance, explaining their purpose and their associations with the Bulls. The tale was a long one, and it was getting dark when most of it was complete, and they all settled down to camp, the three Royal Knights, the three Bulls, and the two rebel Black Falcons.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Lord Void launched a steam of fire directly over the crowd, singing the hair of the taller persons.

“MAKE WAY!”

They scattered. Booths were overturned and smaller persons were trampled. Lord Void cackled to himself. Typical. Words were usually useless, but do a little magic and suddenly everyone obeys.

“You, soldiers!” he snapped, “Lead me to Hadadar! He need not be forewarned of my arrival…”
Grid: G-11
Location: Throne Room, Grolling Fortress, Uutek Oasis, Moawlbi Desert, Mougidishaar Province, Dragonar, Dametreos

The soldiers nodded vigorously, theirs eyes wide with shock and awe. They bowed sharply, then turned and marched forward. Lord Void sank gracefully from the awkward saddle, tossed the reigns of the beast to the nearest person and followed the soldiers imperiously. Once sure out of sigh of the crowd, Lord Voids brushed off his buttocks to rid himself of the dust from the saddle and straightened his moustache one last time.

The soldiers halted before a twin brown doors shaded by a canopy. Lord Void assessed the situation, pleased. The doors faced west, and therefore, when he opened them, his figure would be darkly silhouetted upon the burning sun's form. Wait. Lord Void turned. Tyco. Mass amounts of foliage were blocking most of the harsh light cast by the setting sun. Not a problem. With a few muttered goblin words, Lord Void simply cut a path pointing directly west, moving and plowing down trees and undergrowth. Several buildings were shifted and many people were thrown through the air as a direct line of sight to the fiery orb was cleared.

Lord Void smiled, and squinted in the sunlight. There. Much better. He turned back to doors, then flicked them open with a telekinetic wave. They flew inward, pivoted, them slammed hard into interior side of the walls. Dust fell from the jarred ceiling. Slight screams were heard. Lord Void chuckled. Appearances were everything.

He stepped forward, passed through the dust cloud, and strode down the lush crimson carpet with sharp, powerful strides. Ten paces from the throne, he stopped and peered sideways at it's occupant, his expression aloof, his bony hands clasped behind his back. There was a stony silence. Lord Void inwardly cackled. He had owned the moment, and he still owned it. Hadadar was stunned, frightened, aghast, upset, outraged and stupefied all at the same time. He did not know what to make of this new arrival, and remained speechless. Lord Void let the silence grow long. He would make Hadadar speak first. Lord Void would have the total advantage them. Let the fool speak first, and then Lord Void would dash him to pieces with a rebuke. That was Lord Void's honed and perfected skill; his biting replies, his harsh, cruel, sarcastic, demeaning responses that humiliated and crushed whomever he had been addressing. Yes. Let him speak the first words. Lord Void would always get the last laugh.

"Void...you...?"

Hadadar's voice was squeaky, terrified, just the way Lord Void wanted him.

"Taking a second cruise through puberty, are we, Hadadar?" sneered Lord Void, "Or do your women like you that way? Lumpy, soft, mousy? Like a spoiled cat upon a velvet cushion?"

Hadadar eye's narrowed with anger, and he heaved himself out of his padded throne. As the silks slipped off the self-appointed prince, Lord Void saw with disgust as layers of human flesh rippled and flowed, until it sagged into a bulging, heaving, pudding-like mass that strained robes and belts.

"How wonderful..." Lord Void commented, "You're pregnant...with twins it seems..."

Hadadar knew he was loosing the verbal battle, and he had spoken only two words.

"Why are you here?" he demanded as he sank down and back into his pillows, where he gestured for his smoking tube, "To kill me, I suppose..."

Lord Void remained standing, his tall, thin frame draped in limp cloth towering over Hadadar's near-gelatin-like blob of a body.

"That would be foolish by my part." he replied, "Killing you like a pilfering rat could possibly turn you into a martyr, something that would be most inconvenient to me."

Hadadar paled, thinking Lord Void was going to torture him.

"No." Lord Void continued, "I am here simply to take what is rightfully mine. Oh, Do not fear." he said patronizingly, smiling evilly down at Hadadar as if he were comforting a young and particularly stupid child, "You can keep you prostitutes and perhaps I'll give you a small room somewhere here in the palace. But -- the rest is mine."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I wrote:Alexkov had a bad nightrest, he continued thinking of his faillure.
But, just like Zubatev said, the next day he went of with Tania and Ivan on an officer-hunt.
Swift and Aaylah walked trough the ruins of Vilnius. They were talking a bit, but not much, they still were cautions.
Suddenly they saw something hanging at a wall, they went closer and discovered that there were three men there, nailed at the wall with arrows. With their blood large letters were painted on the wall.

Archidamus, we accept your unconditional surrender or it might be you hanging here

Aaylah gasped.

"It's nothing, they would need a pretty good archer if they want to kill me, I have the speed of a cheetah and I would dodge the arrow with ease" Swift said, taking Aaylah under his arm.
"Is that so?" Alexkov said, with his face covered in the shadows of his hood "let's see how good you really are"
"Come on, try to take me, tyco" Swift said, unsheathing his swords.
Aaylah quickly grabbed her katana and was ready to attack to.
"No no" Alexkov said "that isn't fear, two to one"
He whistled and soon, five others joined him.
"Kill 'em" he ordered.

The five charged Aaylah and Swift and soon a battle bursted out. Swift lunged his sword trough one's chest and decapitated an other one at the same moment with his other sword.
Aaylah did quite fine herself to, wielding her two-handed katana she had slashed a soldier's body from his legs and sliced of another one's arms.

Alexkov saw this was going wrong and grabbed his crossbow. He aimed at Swift and took the shot, an arrow sung trough the air.

Swift saw it coming and made a cartwheel to dodge, but it seemed like the arrow followed him, even Swift was faster than anyone else. The arrow finnaly reached it's goal and pierced Swift's chest. Swift fell on his knees but stood up again and charged Alexkov, but he shot an other arrow and hitted Swift again.
Aaylah responded by grabbing her bow and fired at Alexkov, hitting him in his hand.
Swift took this oppurtonity and tried to lunge his sword in Alexkov's head, but he was stopped by another arrow, fired by Alexkov. Alexkov retreated and shouted:

"You have the right to know your murderer, his name is Vassili Zaitsev, remember that one!!"

Swift lay on the ground, with three arrows piercing his chest. Aaylah quickly walked to him.
"Don't die, please, don't die, don't do this to me, don't do this to our child"
"I won't die, I promise you, I won't die before I have killed that guy and before I haven't preserved a better world to live in for our child"
Through her tears, Aaylah smiled and Swift lay his hand on her cheeck, cleaning it of the tears.

Then, enemy soldiers approached them, ready for attacking, but suddenly, arrows blocked the sunlight and drilled right into their bodies. A horn sounded.
"This is not a Wolf Pack horn" Swift said "that's Draco's horn"

Rangers stormed trough the buildings and charged the remaining soldiers, it was a battle that finished quickly.
After the battle, Frayla walked to Swift, readying to give him the final blow.
"No" Aaylah shouted "he's with us"
"Oh, fine, load him on my horse, he needs help soon"
"Follow me" Aaylah said "come with me to the church"

Soon, the green compagny was at the church.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: N-6

Swift lay on the altar of the church. His chest was wrapped in a bandage and he had high fever, but he didn't let death conquer his body. Aaylah sat next to him, ready to warn a druid when it started to get worse. But it luckely didn't, after two weeks, the fever was gone and the bandage was unwrapped.
Swift got armed and went to the square in front of the church.

"My friends, it's good to be back" he said "what's our current position"
"Nothing's really changed, sir" Leonidas answered.
"Great, are the men ready for an all-out attack?"
"I guess they are, sir"
"Fine, rally them and prepare them to assault the enemy, where driving them out"

In two hours, all the men were assembled: two-hundred original soldiers who were here, thousand others and a hundred-fifty Forestmen. They marched towards the docks, ready to recapture what was once theirs.

The enemy didn't knew anything about the movement and soon they were overwhelmed by warriors of the Order and Forestmen. They killed almost all of the Red Flames, but few escaped, one of them was Alexkov, and fled to the other side of the city. In no more then three hours, the Red Flames' their flag was burned and replaced by one of the Order.
Some soldiers stayed at this part of the city and the other remaining ones crossed the river to destory the enemy.

"They're comin'" Alexkov shouted exhausted "you must leave now, sir, leave the city!"
"Nonsense, they're nothing setting foot on this side of the city, not as long as I'm here"
"No, I ain't kidding, the Forestmen are on their side!"
"My god..."
"You ARE right, quickly, help me pack my stuff"

Alexkov and Zubatev quickly packed their stuff and left the city on their horses.

That was a smart descision, in less than an hour, the Allies had allready taken back the city.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Grid: J-10

Sir Theodore lowered his visor and met Valric’s charge. In a slight fit of egotism, Theodore had always considered himself to be one of the best fighters alive. While he certainly was in the upper crust he was by no means the best. The people the knight/general had fought were usually common soldiers. This Classic Knight was in himself a whole army. Where Valric lost in speed, he more than made up that in sheer force.

Valric swung his sword in large arch. Theodore blocked it with his shield, but the blow was so hard that the shield broke in half.

Tossing away the leftovers of his shield, Theodore took his sword in both hands. The next time Valric swung, Theodore jumped back and used his own weapon to push Valric’s sword into the ground.

Valric quickly got up and they continued to battle. Around and around the yard they went. Theodore usual a bit ahead of Valric, using his quicker pace to counter Valric’s large swings. At last, unable to go on, the two knights collapsed on the frozen ground.

When he at last was able to speak again, Theodore gasped out, “my word! You are the best fighter I have ever clasped eyes on.”

“Y-y-you aren’t too bad yourself.” Replied Valric. He remained on sitting on the ground for a minute.

Theodore rose up and slapped some snow into his face. He then offered his hand to the other man. “I would be honoured to have you as a traveling companion. We may leave as soon as you wish. I might even help you with this problem you have, but we should wait a few days. I noticed you have a limp.”

“Nay, its nothing but a scratch. I’ve had worse wounds, in worse conditions.” Replied Valric.

“Very well.” Theodore looked at the sky. “I doubt this weather will subside anytime soon. We may as well head out tomorrow.”

“I'll meet you at the north gate,” said Valric.

“The north gate. Now I need to find a new shield”
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: L-7

It was now a week since the fall of Vilnius, the Order had secured the border of the Dark Forest and had even managed to recapture the mighty fortress of Siastrakahn. With the loss of Siastrakahn the Red Flames policy had lost much of their power on the mainland.
Since this wasn't the place to be for a pregnant woman, Aaylah was going back to Forestmen terretory, together with Swift and Radjar. Fraun stayed at Siastrakahn together with Frayla and his Rangers, to maintain a bit of peace in the fortress.

Swift, Aaylah and Radjar were now allready two days traveling and had come to the mighty stronghold of Hemlock, that was rebuild in it's former grace by Dark Forest craftsmen.

"Why should you go back to the Forestmen, Aaylah, if you can enjoy the hospitality of the Dark Forest?" Radjar asked.
"Because my home lies there, but it would be me an honor to stay as your guest" Aaylah answered.

The small group rode on and arrived at Hemlock Stronghold quickly.
"Who's there" a sentry yelled from atop of the gatehouse.
"It's your own King with some friends" Radjar replied.
"My God...quickly, open the gate, have a feast ready, our King has returned!!" the man said to his fellow sentries in the gatehouse.
The great wooden door openened and the fellowship continued their path into the stronghold.

They dismounted on the large square infront of the main keep and watched the newly rebuild stronghold. There was a giant statue of Radjar in the middle of the square and on the walls around the square, there were carved elk heads.

"This is amazing..." Radjar said, stunned from the beauty of his castle.

He opened the oaken doors that gave acces to the Great Hall, that were trimmed with gold and with a beautifull elk head on it, made out of ebony.
Swift and Aaylah followed him and watched the beauty of the keep.

"Those Dark Forester really overdid themselves on this one" Aaylah said to Swift.

They walked trough the Great Hall and went upstairs, to the throne room. The throne room was located in the level of the stronghold.
Against the wall, there stood a massive golden throne, with silk, black pillows in it and on the pillows lay a crown, the crown of Fallmir Kath, ready to return on Radjar's head.
In front of the throne, more in the middle of the room, stood a giant oaken table, with a map of the Forestdeweller regions on it.
Against the walls, there hung banners of the Dark Forest allies, on the wall left of the throne, the banner of Ninjara hung and next to it the one of the Dragon Masters. On the right, the banner of the Forestmen hung and the one of the Black Knights.
In top of the roof was a large viewport that let sunlight come into the throneroom.
Radjar looked back and so the doors he came trough and noticed two statues next to it, on the left, it was one of him, and on the right, there was one of his father.

It feels so good to be back, Radjar thought, too bad Rosa isn't here to watch this

"My King, are you ready to come down and have diner together with the soldiers?"
"Yes, but, first, let me change clothes, I'll be there right away"
"Yes, milord"
"Don't you need to change clothes to?" Radjar asked Swift and Aaylah.

The Hall was full of men and women, ready to celebrate the return of their King.
Then, finally, their proud King entered the room, under the loud applause of the soldiers. Radjer wore a darkgreen, almost black, silk tunic and on his red hair, their was a crown, the silver crown of the Dark Forest nation. Next to him, Swift walked, dressed in some borrowed clothes of Radjar, he wore a black tunic, also silk and had his hear combed back and bound in a ponytail with a silver string.
After the two men, Aaylah walked, her hair was nicely restyled by a maiden, she wore a white robe and was a stunning image next to the two dark clothed men.

"All Hail King Kath, leader of the Dark Foresters!!" it sounded in the Great Hall.
Radjar received this with a great smile on his face and raised his hands.
"Silence now, my brothers-in-arms, let us not forget our guest, All Hail Lord Archidamus and Lady Aaylah" he bellowed.
Aaylah and Swift were stunned by this warm welcome, it was a nice break out of the war torn land, they felt pitty for Fraun and Frayla that they had remained in Siastrakahn.

They, the feast started. The large marble table was filled with all kinds of food and wine. Radjar sat at the head of the table.
He was happy that he was back in his own lands.
Last edited by Sir Drake on Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Frederick had smiled when he saw Martin stagger out of the room. Now he was leaving Dulass’s office, that faint outline of a grin still on his face. He had done his job, Durlass was happy, and he was now a third rank lieutenant. That meant a raise in pay and a cushy office job, giving orders instead of taking them.

Durlass however, was far from happy. There were no less then six separate food riots yesterday that had to be broken up by the city guards. Many were living on government rations hardly satisfying even though the food distribution problem had been solved. Even if Martin was out of the way, the spirit of rebellion had been awakened. Durlass knew that he had done a poor job in the past five months. What was he supposed to do though? He had been pushed around by circumstances, what was happening – the food shortages, the snow, the Royal knights – those were not his problems. The more he thought, the more his convictions sank into his mind. He was innocent, he was not at fault.

In Orion, Sirlon trudged through the snow back to the Royal stables. Yesterday a report had reached him from Rathoan – the plague had subsided in the city, but now it had spread throughout the country. Already, several hundred had died and the death lists continued to rise each day. If only to further compound the situation, the food shortages had become worse the ever. At least he had found an answer to the last problem, however unsatisfactory it was.

Yesterday he had met with the Crusader ambassador who had informed him that his country had experienced a good harvest with a surplus of grain. Grudgingly, the Black Knight king agreed to import foodstuffs for 40,000 marks a month – an outrageous price to be sure, but the food was sorely needed.

Sirlon had to get home fast – he felt distinctly uncomfortable being away from his country while disease and famine were wracking it.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Cynan stood up, sheathed his sword and ran out of the courtyard. He didn’t know where he was going, he didn’t care. He just had to get out, had to get away.
As Cynan ran out of the courtyard he heard the shrill scream of a woman.

“Tyco!” he swore out loud, as he stopped in his tracks. Now what am I going to do? He thought. If I go back, I’ll probably be suspected because they knew I was dueling with John. But, if I don’t go back I will defiantly be suspected.

He than over heard voices in the court yard:

“Who did this?!” said a gruff sounding voice.

Than there was a woman’s voice that said “Cynan was fighting him! I’m positive he did this, he always was envious of John.”

“You men, come with me!” said the gruff voice. Then to the woman; “Don’t worry miss, well catch that scoundrel!”

“Well, I guess that decides things for me” Cynan said to himself as he started to run again.

The guards were in hot pursuit, but Cynan wasn’t worried. He knew the small village around the castle better than the Baron that owned the castle. He would soon lose the guards and be out the gates.

Cynan ran through the streets, dodging peasants and some karts. He suddenly felt a quick sharp pain in his shoulder as an arrow whizzed by, just grazing his shoulder.
He looked over his shoulder at the guards chasing him; two of them had cross bows.
He quickly cut through a side street, than turned again through a gap in between two tuder houses. He ducked down into the shadows, watching all the guards run by.

When he was sure he lost them, he ran out of his hiding place and down some back roads that lead to a small side gate. He ran out the gate and in to the country side.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

J-10 Yellow Castle Training Yard

Valric bid Theodore goodbye. He stood there silently scanning the courtyard. While Theodore and him fought , time seemed to stand still. Only now did he notice dozens of minifigs bustling about on various tasks. He noticed Theodore’s red plume disappear in the throng of people going to and from Orion.

He liked that Theodore chap, him and Rillian were the only people around here who he could relate to. All the other Classic Legolanders were far to “foppish” for Valric’s liking.

Sir Theodore wasn’t a Legolander though, Valric noticed a shard of Theodore’s shattered shield at his feet. He could just make out part of a lion with a crown on it. Sir Theodore was a Royal knight. In Valric’s opinion, the Royal knights knew the world better then the Legolanders ever did, and they were the one’s who supposedly controlled it.

If they had grasped the situation, that wizard BloodVaine probley wouldn’t have gotten in so easily. Thought Valric as he made his way back to the hospital wing.

As he recalled Sir Rillian advised him to spend at least another night in the Yellow Caslte. Even though he was recovering, wounds such as those Weigraf inflicted on him were not to be taken lightly. Valric admitted that to himself bitterly. The chill air was giving him a splitting headache and the pain in his leg was increasing.

“I must be going soft…” Muttered Valric.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pythos was in his usual place in his laboratory, studying aincent tomes. Sighing he stood up and looked around. The cave was divided into a number of smaller rooms around the edges of the main laboratory.

Sir Weigraf stood at his usual post by where the physical entrance was.

The cave and many of the hills around it had been buried under a massive amount of snow. So it was pointless for him to guard it, but it was down a winding passage as far from the Pytho’s study as possible. He hated distractions and currently he had no tasks for him to complete.

Pythos walked over to a room he seldom entered, his small armoury. Dozens of well maintained suits of armour and weaponry lined the walls. Most bore Pythos’s family crest a winged black serpent on a dark grey field, some had Fright Knight symbols.

Pythos chuckled at the memory, several years prior, he invited a dozen of his nephew’s best knights to challenge Sir Weigraf, the only one to survive was reduced to a nervous wreck for the remainder of his pitiful existence.
Now he would have need of his great nephew’s assistance since his elder had “departed” .

“Weigraf! Come, we shall pay a visit to the an old friend…”
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

And Jos set out through the snow-covered streets for St Henry’s Cathedral.

Grid: J-10

The cathedral of St. Henry in the Capitol City was indeed a grand building. Spires and pinnacles stretched heavenward on cascading platforms supported by pillars and arches of various architecture. There was many an alcove with the sculpted likeness of some classic saint and on every fringe and corner could be seen the grotesque figures of the gar-boys and girls.

Many a prayer and praise had been lifted up in that building. And many a sacred ceremony had completed its rites within those walls.

But alas, those days were over now. The cathedral had sustained heavy damage during the BloodVaine war and was now boarded up, being deemed structurally unsound.

Now it was little more then a shelter for the thieves and homeless of Orion. And on this night, it was the hideout for a large group of newly born ghosts.

In the center of the cathedral, stood Brugs. Poised on the altar like a champion surveying the carnage of a great battle won. The sword he had wedged firmly into the wood, acting as a leash to hold all the other spirits inside the cathedral.

He was chuckling to himself and feeling the most alive since his death. Killing was great sport. Even if Brugs had to remember to only kill those weaker then him. It wouldn't do to have some stronger person come in and take control. Old poeple, children and women. Those were the victims. Oh, and the women. it was good to have them back. The Dragon Master had already had his way with a few of the girls he'd murdered. Yes, this was going perfect. But Brug's cruel chuckle was cut short, suddenly, by a challenge from without.

“Demon!” It was Keavur. He called in a bold voice, clutching Derek’s cross and throwing back his hood as if daring the world to deliver him to his brother.

“Come out demon! Come, and try your blackness against my furry! Emerge you coward so I may deliver you back to the pit!"

Brugs went to the window, looking to see this new fool who dared to challenge him.

“Demon, eh? We’ll see.”

“Everyone back in the sword!” he called, striding back to the altar.

Slowly the spirits obliged. Dejected they returned to the cursed sword. All that is, but one, a young boy, stopped at the foot of the saber and looked up at Brugs.

“You’re a bully.” He said, spiting on the Dragon Master’s shoe.

Brugs glarred. You could almost see the steam coming out of his ears. The Dragon Master grabbed the boy’s neck, snapping the spine and throwing him into the sword before he could cry out in pain.

“Anybody else want to object?” Brugs bellowed.

Dale and the rest of the spirits hurried into the sword. Somewhat because of Brug’s threats, but mostly to comfort the boy who though still ‘alive’ would be in great pain.

When all were inside, Brugs turned invisible and yanked the sword out of the altar. He had found that it was easier to control the sword from the outside, where he could use not only his mind, but his strength to control it as well. None of the others would deter him now.
~
Meanwhile, Keavur had entered the building. The sound of his feet echoed through the sanctuary as he walked down the center aisle.

Then, the sword appeared. “Now, hunter,” Brugs called in his best demon imitation. “I will cut you to ribbons!”

The saber flew at Keavur like an arrow from a bow, but the hunter didn’t flinch. His eyes only narrowed and let lose a telekinetic blast. It was the same trick used to bring down the dragon Coal-blood during the battle for Orion. But his brother had been with him that day, and today he was not.
~
Brugs took the impact of the blow full force. It felt like a hurricane had just swept passed him and into the wall behind. Indeed, the wall was obliterated and Brugs was stunned for moment. For a moment, but no longer.

Now the ghost charged forward full force, unhindered by any threat to its own safety.
~
Keavur had barely enough time to ready his spear before the sword was upon him. In the nick of time he deflected the sword and rolled under a pew on his left. “What manner of demon is this?” Keavur swore under his breath. “The blast didn’t even phase him.”

Suddenly the blade appeared right between Keavur’s eyes. Splitting the pew above him until it stopped, just touching the bridge of his nose. Before the hunter could react, a blow to the head sent him rolling from under the pew.

Keavur’s head reeled. It felt like someone had just kicked him full force with a steel-toed boot. “This is no ordinary demon.” Keavur thought. Suddenly there was a sound of splintering above him as the sword freed itself. Keavur jolted back to reality and the problem at hand. He stood up with a backward summersault and grabbed his spear. The sword charged again but this time Keavur was ready.
~
Brugs was enjoying this. Finally a challenge! The ghost charged again, heading straight for the hunter’s heart. “This man will die!” Or would he? Suddenly Keavur raised his spear, running it right through Brug’s hand, between the hilt and the hand-guard of the sword. Without waiting a moment the master spear wielder spun his weapon down and into the floor. Brugs actually lost his hold on the sword and it clattered to the tiles where Keavur pinned it under his boot.
~
Kneeling beside the weapon, Keavur placed his hands on the hilt and closed his eyes. It had been a while since he had performed an exorcism and he’d never before done it on a sword. Quickly he mumbled the ancient words that sounded vaguely like Latin. He hadn’t got two sentences out, however, before he was interrupted. Suddenly Keavur found himself hoisted into the air as though by some invisible phantom and hurled across the room.

He didn’t fly very far, but slid when he landed, across the floor and into a pile of ruble and stained glass.
“Nano!” Keavur swore. “That’s no demon. That’s—

“A ghost.” A voice behind him finished.
~
It was Jos. The baker was crouched behind the ruble, sweating and panting. It had been a long run to the Cathedral and his old side wound was hurting like mad.

“Come on.” Jos wheezed. “I saw a door back there that was still on its hinges.”

Jos gave the demon hunter and hand up and they both ran for the door.
~
Meanwhile Brugs ripped Keavur’s spear out of the cracked tiling and threw it across the room. “Let’s see how long you last without your weapon!” Brugs said picking up his sword.

“Leave them be, Brugs.” said Dale from inside the sword. “Can’t you see they’re retreating?”

“Shut up!” said Brugs. “They’re already dead.” The Dragon Master looked up to where his prey had just slammed a door. “Fools!” he thought. “Doors do not hold me.”
~
“What do you know about this?” Keavur demanded as the two scaled the stone staircase. Yes, it was staircase that the door had led to and a staircase that seemed to lean awkwardly at an angle. No doubt a result of the war.

“It’s a long story.” Said Jos in heaving breaths. And the baker proceeded to tell it as they both raced upward. Jos wasn’t a particularly good storyteller. Not like an old acquaintance who used to buy jam from him. He skipped a great deal and mumbled so much that by the time Keavur reached the top, he still had but a muddled and small understanding of the story.

They were in one of the bell towers now. Or rather what was left of it. A whole two sides of the tower above were gone and the bell was no where to be seen. They were high up and the wind was shrill and cold.

“Why didn’t you tell me this at the bar?” said Keavur one he caught his breath.

“I—I didn’t want to get in trouble.” Jos stamered.

“Ok ok. Great! So how do we stop it?”

“You don’t.” said a voice from the shadows. It was Brugs. The Dragon Master was visible now, giving the men a frightening look with a snarl on his ugly face. “You die, hunter! But you can watch this one go first.” And he pointed the sword at Jos.

Now Jos, bless his heart, was a baker, not a warrior and while a fine man in his own right, wasn’t above being frightened or running for his life. Even when, as in this case, there was no where to run.

Jos jerked to a halt at the very edge of the tower. Time seemed to stop for the baker as he stared from his dizzying perch, frozen in fear. But time hadn’t stopped and the sword slashed across his back. Jos yelped in pain… and fell.

But Keavur was not idle during this and taking advantage of the distraction, jumped through Brugs and grabbed the sword. He knew his only chance would be to disarm his opponent. Back and forth, they rolled. Struggling for control of the sword. But it was only a matter of time, really. Keavur would weaken soon and Brugs… Brugs would not.
~
Inside the sword Dale was having a wrestling match of his own.

Go, Dale. You can help him!

No, no I can’t. I can’t help anyone. Besides if I do, Brugs will just hurt the others more.

But if you don’t do anything this man will die!

Oh, he’ll die anyway! I couldn’t stop Brugs from killing these people or from killing Jos! I—I tried…I I turned the blade to keep him from stabbing Jos but… but Jos still fell! I just cant…

And Dale buried his face in his fists
~
But Jos wasn’t dead. No not yet, though he might soon be. He was hanging on the outstretched neck of a gargoyle. Hanging out over empty space.

It was an uncomfortable place to be. Holding on for your life and staring straight up into the snarling mouth of a hideous beast. Icicles hung from the gargoyle’s mouth like the blood some traveler who ended his life on its fangs. Jos reached up again, trying to find a better place to hold on. The wind was blowing sharp and hard, as if trying to make him lose his grip.

Jos was just contemplating how to get out of his predicament when something strange happened. Jos didn’t know if he was dreaming or crazy or what, but he could have sworn that the gargoyle blinked!

It was so strange and unthinkable that Jos recoiled in shock and let go.
~
Meanwhile, in the bell tower above, Brugs was gaining the upper hand. The ghost rained blow upon blow down on Keavur.

Let…go…of…my…sword!” Brugs yelled, punching Keavur with each word. Finally Brugs wrenched the saber from Keavur’s hands. The forestman collapsed, bruised and exausted.

Brugs didn’t pause to gloat in his victory or taunt the man before finishing him. He was ready to end this and simply raised the sword.
~
Keavur watched as Brugs readied to finnish him off. He didn’t care. He was through fighting and now he would share his brother’s fate.

The sword dropped. But it did not pierce his heart. It hit something else. A trinket Keavur had worn around his neck since the day Derek stormspear had used it to defeat Azazael. Reno’s cursed sword hit Derek’s silver cross and in that instant everything changed.
~
Inside the sword there was a great crack and a beam of pure, celestial light shot from the tip of the saber. Every ghost in the sword moved towards it, curious at first and then shouting in joy.

Dale never said the words “Heaven” but there was no mistaking what it was. One by one the spirits entered the portal, laughing and smiling as they went. And finally, only Dale was left.

How long? How long had he waited and hoped, even prayed for this. True death. What a relief it would be to finally leave this troubled world behind and enter into eternal bliss.

And yet, as Dale stood there, gazing on the gates of eternity, the manifestation of all he had hoped for, yet he turned and looked back.

If he left Dale knew that Brugs would have complete control over the sword.

Dale had a choice to make.
~
From Keavur’s perspective, when the sword hit the cross, everything seemed to fade away. He found himself surrounded by light. Like being in the center of a star.

“Am I dead?” Keavur wondered. Ther was a strange burning sensation in his chest.

“Hello Keav.” Said a voice from behind him. Keavur whirled around. It was—

“Derek!” Keavur cried, almost dumb from disbelief. “Is it really you? You and Kara!”

“Good evening Mr. Stormspear.” Said Kara, smiling.

“What eh…” Keavur stamered. “I’m not… Am I dead?”

“No,” said Derek. “Sorry Keav, but it’s not your time.”

“But—but I wanna be with you Derek—I—

“I know brother, and you will be someday, but in the meantime you have work to do. And you shouldn’t be afraid to do it without me.”

The men were silent for a moment, just staring at each other until Keavur spoke.

“Alright, I understand. Kara, tell your brother…tell Valus hi from me will you?”

Kara nodded, smiling and then in an instant, they were gone and Keavur was jolted back into the real world.

“Arrggh!” Keavur’s chest felt like it was on fire. The demon hunter tore open his shirt to find the shape of a cross, branded on his chest. Tiny flecks and splinters of silver and blue shown in the burn. It was like Derek’s cross had melted into Keavur’s heart.

“Don’t you ever die?” Keavur looked up. It was Brugs, standing over him with sword in hand.

Keavur smiled. “It’s not my time.”

“That’s right!” said another voice. “It’s your time, Brugs!”

The transparent form of Dale sifted from the sword. He stood tall and stern, with the piercing eyes of a man whose mind was set.

“You won’t hurt anymore people, Brugs.”

The Dragon Master sneered. “Oh really? And how are you going to stop me?”

Dale flew into Brugs. Not with a fury of fists or a pinning maneuver, but actually into Brugs, like a man diving into a lake. Brugs stood there for a moment, dumfounded at what had just happened and then…

“Aahhh! Gerhgh-ah-Ah-ARGHH!”

Brugs wretched back and forth, clawing, scraping at his shoulders and face. “G—get out! Ouuut!” Slowly the man’s features began to change. Thick hands turned to thin musically gifted ones, Dragon Master armor turned to grey robes and Brug’s own ugly mug transformed into the plain face of Dale.
~
“Jos! Jos wake up!”

Jos moaned, cracking his eyes open and trying to clear his head. “Wha—what happened?”

“That’s what we’d like to know.” Said a voice Jos thought he knew. “We found you lying out on a ledge.”

“Dale? Is that- Dale! What- Are you- Where’s that other guy? Ow!”

“Calm down, Jos.” Said Keavur. “Everything’s alright. Although I thought we lost you when you fell off the tower.”

“I grabbed onto a gargoyle and then… Oh! And then it blinked and I let go! And- and then I grabbed onto it’s arm and slid down to the elbow and fell off again and… I must have dropped ten feet onto that ledge!”

“The gargoyle did what?” Dale questioned. “Are you sure you’re feeling ok?”

“Well I do have a splitting headache.”

“Come on.” Said Keavur cheerfully. “We can sort this out back at the Gold Wallow Inn.”
Last edited by The Green Knight on Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: H-10
Location: Beneath the Neverwood, entering the Temple of Lost Stars
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:They continued forward and the temple loomed over them, snarling gargoyles frozen forever glared down upon the party of nine as they passed between the carved columns and up the uneven stairs. Then with one last glance at once another, they stepped past the threshold.

-----------------

The bearers of the Pendants have crossed the threshold. They will face their greatest fears. They will burn.
Although Luxus was still on his shoulders as they entered the Temple, Sir Dractor suddenly felt very alone. He could physically hear the others around him, and a part of his brain could see them as he went forward, but something had cut off his mind from his senses, and all he could react to was the illusions it placed before him...

He was no longer walking through a long-abadoned underground temple, but through the cool corridors a far-distant castle. Ahead of him burned a fire in a stone-fireplace. Only a few people stood in the mostly-empty room.

One of them- his brother- turned and seemed to see him coming.

"You're too late," said Aelric Dractor. "She's dead." Aelric's son, Aelfred, looked up at his uncle with dark eyes.

"Why didn't you save Grandmama?" he asked, tears in his eyes. "You promised to protect her!"

"I tried!" protested Sir Dractor. Part of him remained aware that this was all an illusion, that he was hundreds, thousands, of leagues from home, but he could not shake it.

"Not hard enough!" snapped Aelric. "You survived! Our mother, who you swore to protect, is dead, and YOU are still alive!"

"I came as fast as I could!" insisted Sir Dractor.

"Really, Aethelred?" said his sister. Agnes Dractor looked at him hard, her beautiful body stiff with held-in anger. "Then why did you tarry with Primolius Colin and the Old Man? If you were hurrying to protect our mother, why did you spend a day with them?"

"I swore an oath!" said Sir Dractor hotly. "An oath which supersedes all others, to obey the Old Man, and protect this country! And I did not know that Mother's danger was so great!"

"Didn't you?" said Aelric. "My message was worded very strongly. What was it that the Old Man wanted so badly that our mother's life was forfeit?"

"He needed me to meet Primolius' daughter, Elwen," replied Sir Dractor. "Her husband, the Duke of Raleigh, was killed in battle, and the Old Man felt she needed protection."

"So you abandoned our mother in favour of this young widow?" said Agnes. "Tell me, Aethelred, is she pretty, this young duchess?"

"I did not abandon my mother!" yelled Sir Dractor. "The Old Man told me something about Elwen dan Raleigh, something secret. She has an important role to play in the future, one that may bring down the Dark Lord, and her life was in danger. I promised to protect her."

"The way you protected our mother?" asked Agnes. "The Old Man should learn that you cannot keep your promises. You promised Father that you'd keep Mother safe, and you failed. You will fail at this task as well."

"I will not!" cried Sir Dractor. "It was just a mistake. Don't you think that I don't feel Mother's loss at least as much as you? Wasn't she as dear to me, or more, that she was to you?"

"You failed her, Aethelred," said Aelric, "and you failed us. I'm afraid that you will no longer be welcome here in my home. Nor will you be training Aelfred for becoming a warrior, as we had once planned. I don't think that you are a suitable rolemodel for my son."

Sir Dractor closed his eyes and moaned. All the pain and guilt of his mother's death came back to him. The family recriminations, the fear that he would never again be able to keep his word. Where was Elwen right now? Had he failed the Old Man, and let something happen to her?

In the back of his mind, he recalled that he was in the Temple of Lost Stars. Struggling with all his willpower, he closed his eyes, and walked forward, ignoring the phantom sounds and smells of his past.

Then, suddenly, he had passed the threshold of the Temple, and was within the antechamber. Looking back, he saw the others stockstill in the entranceway, caught in their own past. Luxus, on his shoulders, snapped his eyes open as he was carried out of the entry- and out of his own dreams.

Sir Dractor looked ahead. More perils awaited them soon enough.
Last edited by Formendacil on Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: H-10
Location: Beneath the Neverwood, entering the Temple of Lost Stars
Formendacil wrote:Then, suddenly, he had passed the threshold of the Temple, and was within the antechamber. Looking back, he saw the others stockstill in the entranceway, caught in their own past. Luxus, on his shoulders, snapped his eyes open as he was carried out of the entry- and out of his own dreams.

Sir Dractor looked ahead. More perils awaited them soon enough.
One by one the others slowly struggled through entrance, each wrapped up in episodes of their past. Gib seemed to be especially distraught about something, and took the longest to get through.

No one spoke about what they had seen. It was enough to know that they had all relived some of their worst memories.

"Shall we go on right away?" asked Sir Dractor.

"Why not?" said Reno. "We aren't going to get this done any quicker resting here. And none of us was physically hurt coming through there."

"I'd rather wait myself," said Aros. "Something tells me we may want our mental strength back."

"But we really don't have the supplies to take any longer than necessary," said Anardan. "Let's take a vote."

They chose to go forward, but it was a close vote: five for it, and four opposed. Aros, Voolmark, Gib, and Bjarn were all in favour of resting. They were also, Sir Dractor noted, the latter four to get through the entrance.

They set off, down the chamber, to a short hallway at the end. They entered, and once again Sir Dractor felt himself being cut off from the others, and losing touch with reality. All that his senses would tell him was obviously false, and his mind quickly forgot that he was not, indeed, in the Temple of Lost Stars.

In Sir Dractor's mind, he was in an old, moss-covered ruin. It was somewhere in a warm, fertile place, but it was nightfall. Sir Dractor felt himself knocked to the ground. He looked at himself. His armour was steaming and smoking. It was broken, bent, and ruined beyond repair. His sword lay in four pieces around the mossy courtyard.

So did some others. The Old Man lay with a huge, charred hole in his back to the side of the courtyard, his staff splintered. Elwen had a broken leg, her bone peering through the skin. Bjarn was lying face down on the stones, not breathing. Shainya's head was lying several paces from the rest of her.

And Luxus.... Luxus stood before Sir Dractor, clutching his medallion.

"Leave us alone!" the boy shouted, at a figure that Sir Dractor couldn't see because the boy blocked his view.

"Or what?" asked a cold voice.

"I'll kill you!" said Luxus. Sir Dractor pushed his aching body to his feet.

"NO LUXUS!!!" he cried, but it was too late. The figure behind Luxus had raised his staff, and blast of sickly, yellow-green light shot from it, and hit Luxus in the chest. The boy dropped to the ground, dead.

"No!" cried Sir Dractor, and he grabbed Bjarn's old cutllass, and rushed at the assailant.

The Sorceror-king laughed at him.

"Still trying, Sir Dractor?" he said. "Better to give up, and live, than to keep trying. Elwen dan Raleigh is mine now, and all the power she can wield."

Over to the side, Elwen whimpered in pain.

"Not as long as I can fight!" said Sir Dractor.

"Well that won't be long," sneered the Sorceror-king, and with a swipe of his flame-licked sword, he threw Sir Dractor back, breaking Bjarn's cutlass, and knocking him to the ground.

Sir Dractor began to stumble backwards, away from the Sorceror-king, who slowly followed him, enjoying his moment of victory.

"You're a poor excuse for a warrior, Sir Dractor," said the Sorceror-king, "but you knew that, didn't you?"

Then Sir Dractor inched back another foot, and found himself back in reality, in the next chamber. He collapsed to the floor and wept.

It was only a minute before Sir Dractor's ironhard training took over. It was just an illusion, he told himself, and pulled himself to his feet. His armour was fine, his sword intact and where it should be. Bjarn, Shainya, and Anardan had all made it across before him. And Luxus...

Sir Dractor whirled around! In falling to the ground, he had left Luxus in the hallway.
Last edited by Formendacil on Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

H-10
Beaneath the Neverwood

Luxus stood in the hallway, alone.. again.
In his visions, he stood in a small hall, an average house. His mother was there, smiling happily. Luxus felt the sensation of heat around his legs, and looked down. The houses foundations were a burning mess, flames spitting up into the house. The womans face changed, distorted. The house exploded, causing a sickening thud, and sending Luxus high into the sky.
Black, heavy darkness was all around Luxus. He saw his family, and the fellowship. He ran towards them, but didnt seem to be moving. Dractor stood, as did the others, and they began walking away. Luxus used all his energy to run towards them, but he couldnt move. He attempted to scream, but nothing came out. The group disappeared into the darkness...
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]