Classic-Castle Roleplay: March 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: O-6

The Order had rallied all of it's troops and had recaptured the mainland. Their victory lay at the hands of their supersoldiers. The children of the Order were trained from the day they were born, to fight. The Order putted their elite in the back of their attack force while slaces and mercs fought on the frontlines. This morning, the Order had bombarded Port Fang with it's catapults. Between the early morning fog, corpses lay and skeletons of buildings stood.

Swift slowly rode in the city, next to him rode Varras, dressed in his heavy black cloak. Behind them a legion of their army marched into the city.

The Red Flames were almost beaten on the mainland, their only forces they had now, were scattered all over Cape Fang.

Varras, followed by Swift, dismounted and walked into a ruined house. He stood there, just stood there. But Swift knew better, the Dark Warlock was trying to make a deep connection with the Dark Magics.
Suddenly, Varras' eyes almost shot fire as they lit up.
A circle of fire surrounded him and with a flash, Varras disappeared.

Ciroal was sitting nervously in her throne, waiting to hear news of the Flames' status on the mainland.
A red flash illuminated the room, and there stood Varras.

"Tel'Vos, what brings you here? What news of the mainland?" Ciroal asked.
"The Flames are defeated, my dear, you must give order to retreat"
"That's impossible, we can't be beaten! We are invincible!"
"You still have the Spire, you still control the biggest part of the Wolf Pack lands" Tel'Vos said.
"You're probably right, I shall recall all of my forces to the Spire"
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

The sky was cloudy again, but the air was warm – much of the snow had been cleared away from the cobblestone streets, spring would come soon with the sowing season, the campaign against the Royals could be finished, and all would be well again.

Or not.

At that moment, a detachment of fifty soldiers rushed the wrought iron palace gates. Simultaneously, another group scaled the walls on the other side, overwhelming the few guards stationed there. The battle was over before it began. Outnumbered and caught by surprise, many began to surrender, dropping their weapons and holding up their hands.

Randolph burst in the small three room house where the resistance had moved.
“Vander!” In his hurry, he did not even bother to fully finish the man’s full name. From the next room, the rebel mastermind dashed out.
“What is it? What’s going on?”
The former Lieutenant shut the door behind him. “It seems like Martin is at it again. A group of solders has broken into the palace.”
“How many?” Vanderdious bent down and started to rummage through his wooden chest.
“Three hundred – probably more.”
Putting on a trenchcoat, Vanderdious looked up at Randolph as he buttoned it up. “Any distinguishing features, or the like?”
“The attackers all had blue scarves around their arms.”
“Easy enough.” He slipped on two bars on his shoulders. Vaderdious was now a second rate sergeant. “I’ll be back in a bit.”
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:“The attackers all had blue scarves around their arms.”
“Easy enough.” He slipped on two bars on his shoulders. Vaderdious was now a second rate sergeant. “I’ll be back in a bit.”
G-7

Vanderdious dashed outside, the door slamming behind him.

"What was that about?" asked Mayriz, brushing off her floury hands on her apron.

"Martin's up to something, something big." replied Randolph, "This just might mean the downfall of Durlass."

Mayriz gasped. "We should contact the Lone Falcon."

Randolph shrugged. "How? We don't know exactly where he and Freena are..."

Suddenly Mills, another rebel resistance member, burst in, holding a carrier pigeon in one fist.

"I've just gotten a message from the Lone Falcon!"

Mills released the bird and handed a rumpled piece of parchment to Randolph. Randolph read it quickly then tossed it into the fireplace.

"He and the others are in Castleton, guests of Prince Lego. He says to contact him if Durlass or Martin does anything."

"Then I'll get that note ready." rushed Mayriz, and grabbed a pen.

"We should also contact Bersun in Orion...just in case..."
said Randolph.

"Aye." nodded Mills, "I have a feeling the Rebels' time is fast approaching..."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: E-13

There was a slight wind. Dantir long hair waved along with the wind. The sun shone bright on the lands of Ninjara, the rain was over and Dantir had left his shelter, soon he would be back in Ta-Koro. The ground was wet and muddy, but Dantir continued his road. He walked through the tall grasses of one of Ninjara's many plains. In the distance a large tower rose, Ta-Koro's bell tower. Dantir fastened his pace and soon he was located on the busy market place of Ta-Koro. Ta-Koro was a wealthy city in the south-east of Ninjara, a homebase for the Imperial ships. But also pirates and other scum. between those armed men, normal fishermen lived and selled their fish on the market, the fish selled here, were some of the best of Dametreos.

Dantir contineud his path and left the market. He took a street on his left, then right, right again and so on, until he was at his house. He entered and went to his mother's bedroom. Tears grew in his eyes when he saw a priest performing rituals to preserve Dantir's mom a save way to heaven.

"I'm sorry" the priest said and left Dantir's home.
"Mother, no" Dantir said and fell down at the side of her bed.
"My boy" she said, with the little strength she had left.
"Mother"
"There is something to tell you" she said and tried to catch some breath "war is brewing in the north-east, I'm afraid that a second Fell-War has erupted"
"What is my part in it? We're far away from there"
"I have something that I should've said a long time ago, there someone more than you, you're not my only son"
"How do you mean?"
"I didn't always lived here, in the early days, I was a Dark Forester and I fell in love with a Wolf Pack chieftain, so, another son was born and he still lives there. I'm afraid that I'm going to lose him, I have nightmares about it, I can see him die, search for him, that is my last wish, search for him"

She breathed fast now.

"Who do I need to look for?" Dantir asked.
"Go to Hemlock, ask for Kryses, tell him that I send you, tell him it's time"

She took her last deep breath and died.

"Noooo!! Mother!!" Dantir yelled.

Dantir fell on the ground and cried. But after a while he managed to pull him back together.
He grabbed his sword and his brown cloak. He checked his crossbow and bound it on his back.

He left the town and looked back from a hill. He shaked his head and walked on.

It began to get dark and Dantir sought some place to shelter. In the far distance he saw lights shining. He continued the wickedly curved path and stood at the door of a geisha house, or as the other minifigs would call it, an Inn. Dantir entered and found a table to sit at.
He ordered a cup of thee, drank it and went to sleep.
It would become a long day tommorow.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

I-13

Cynan sat down and tore the last chunk of meat off his newly acquired food. Than lay back and belched contentedly. He had “barrowed” the meat from a poor peasant.

He didn’t like taking things from people who barely had enough to live on, but what else could he have done? He had no food or money, and that peasant had just killed a cow and had plenty.

He looked around at the blue sky and smiled, it hadn’t been as bad as he thought running away would be.
Cynan saw a man running across the field, the man spotted Cynan and hustled over to him. Huffing and puffing, he called out:

“You… Haven’t… Seen any one… with a bag of stolen meat…. Have you?”

He than looked down and saw the bone Cynan had been chewing.

“W… W… Why You Thief!” He screamed, and started fumbling in his belt for a dagger.
But he didn’t even have a chance to get it out of his belt. Cynan drew his sword and cut the poor farmer down.

Cynan laughed at him, and then mercilessly drove his sword into the man’s chest.

Cynan had killed two people now, and he was starting to get used to it.

He wiped his sword on the grass than sheathed it. He had decided to head for Knights Kingdom land, he was unsure whether he would go to 1 or 2, but he’d figure it out in time.

He picked up his bag of meat, took one last look at the dead peasant, than headed off again.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: N-7

The Order controlled the mainland (Wp part of it), actually Varras controlled the mainland. In the days that followed after the Order's victory he drew all possible powers to himself. He had no longer only political power, he was now head of the army and society, he simply controlled the Order. Most soldiers of the Order didn't knew that Varras had all this power, some even didn't care who was their leader. But one thing was certain: Varras was reforming the Order slowly.

He had summoned Tribe Chieftains to Wartrak, wich he had renamed in Dagoth Ur, wich means "Centre Of Dark Magics" in the old language. He had called the Chieftains to the Senate, to discuss their current position. They would determinate how the Order would be ruled now.
Many of them preferred democraty, like in the old days, when Willem was King. But against Varras, there is no such a thing as victory. Varras just used this meeting to let things look official, the outcome would be determined long before the meeting.

So, Varras reformed the Order and created the New Order, and made himself Emperor and executed the ones that formed a threat. Only the most loyal Chieftains survived.
Varras had also reformed the army, his Elite Guard was called the Emperor's Hands, the messengers were the Emperor's Feet, the spies were called the Emperor's Eyes. All of his armies, units, legions, every single soldier had sworn an oath of loyalty to Varras.

Varras looked out of his viewport over the city again. He saw houses being torn down, slaves dragging away the dirt and dust. In the centre of the city, Varras' palace would come, a great black monument, with a giant spire and massive gates. Varras wouldn't need Daggerfall anymore, Dagoth Ur would become the Wolf Pack's capitol under his reign. Together with his most loyal follower, Swift, Varras was creating an ideal Empire, none would stand in his way, not even Ciroal, he should actually thank her for starting this war.

"Vadar, what is wrong, you seem disturbed" Varras asked Swift.
"It's Aaylah, the look in her face,..., I'll never forget it, it seems like..."
"Seems like what?"
"That I've dissapointed her"
"Do you really care that much about her? Forget her, she's history" Varras said, becoming slight angry at Swift for not dumping her earlier.
"I can't, I can't let her go, I love her too much for that, she's pregnant"
"Why haven't you told me that before?"
"I-I didn't trusted you enough, I think"
"You didn't trusted me?"
"Lord, you need to understand..."
"I don't need to understand!! You have lied to me, you have misused my trust in you"

Varras' surroundings become darker, he concentrated and tapped into the Dark Magics. It happened much quicker than previous time and Swift was surprised when Varras stretched his arm out and an invisible force pushed Swift backwards, down to the ground.
Varras drew his sword, a black scimitar and in a flash he jumped at Swift.
Swift was surprised, he would never think that the old man was so powerfull. Swift drew his katana and crossed swords with Varras, they looked eachother in the eyes.
Varras' eyes were once again deeply colored orange-yellow, while Swift' pupils just showed a small orange-yellow line.
Swift opened his palm and fired a fireball at Varras.
Varras stretched his arm, concentrated and absorbed the ball of fire. Now it was Varras' turn, he clawed his hands and fired lightning at Swift, Swift dodged it and made Varras' desk flew through the air, destination: Varras.
Varras looked surprised when the thing flew right at him, he was hit and fell on the ground.
Swift grabbed this change and walked through the large hallway into the large Senate.

"Guards, capture that man!!" Varras yelled.

The black-cloaked soldiers drew their blades and ran after Swift.

"Halt, you're under arrest" one of them said.
"Is that a threat?" Swift groaned.

He stormed at the men, his speed even faster than normal by the crystal and took most of them out. He turned around and slashed the others into pieces. Swift was dangerously close to the Black Arts, he could feel his power grow.

Varras came and entered the Senate. His threw away his heavy cloak, so he could gain more movement place. Swift threw of his to.
Varras grabbed his scimitar tightly and ran at Swift, he pretended to attack but made a swift jump and attacked Swift from the back. Swift turned and parried Varras' move.

"Interesting, nice move" Varras said "but anyhow, you'll die, just like that nice lady of yours, I'll send my elites to make sure of that, they'll rape her, torture her and nail her to the trees, how 'bout that?"
"STAY OF HER!!" Swift yelled and something snatched.

His eyes colored and a mighty blow of Dark Forces made Varras fly through the big building. Swift walked at Varras, feeling invincible, but was blinded by his anger, just as Varras wanted. Swift lunged at Varras, but Varras pushed Swift back again, with his powers.
Swift became mad and tried to choke Varras, lifting him high in the air. Swift looked at him, smiling.

"Enough!! Done with this play-time, let's get down to the real stuff!!" Varras said and broke out of Swift's tight grip.

He kicked Swift to the ground and shot some electric bolts at him. Swift shouted of pain, but did not gave up, he stood back up, but was pushed away by Varras, Varras jumped at his victim and cutted Swift in his arm and chest. Varras looked at Swift, he took a torch of the wall and lit up the place.

"This isn't over yet" Swift said, deeply breathing.

He crawled back up and grabbed his sword, he tried to slash at Varras, but he got punched in his stomach. He fell down and Varras walked away, ordering the guards to do the rest.
The soldiers walked at Swift and picked him up, helding him tight and punched him in the face. One of them had enough and shot an arrow at Swift and hitted him in the shoulder. Blood was all around the place when suddenly, arrows flew through the smoke and drilled into the soldiers.

It was Strider.

Varras felt another power in the Senate and went watching, he saw Strider carrieng Swift away.

"Where's that going?" he asked.

Strider turned surprised, but it was too late, he had received a kick of Varras' boot in his face and he flew through the window, followed by Swift.

"I'll do your friends your regards when I reach Hemlock" he yelled at them and quickly exited the burning building.

There lay Strider and Swift on the street, Swift was in very bad shape, the worst of his entire life. But Strider managed to get up and putted Swift on a horse he had stolen, soon they would return to Hemlock, but what Strider didn't knew was that the borders were closed...
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Commander Redbeard wrote:Luxus's happy grin made Anardan almost forget that he had spent almost all of his gold on the sword. It had been worth it.
J-10

Bjarn smiled. He was across the room, leaning back in a padded chair, and sipping a frothy beer.

"Nice party, eh?"

Aros plopped himself down besides Bjarn, grinning.

"Aye." nodded Bjarn, "Kudos to Hans for organizing it, and kudos to Sir Dractor for coming up with the idea. We all needed it, but espicially Luxus."

Aros nodded and stretched.

"It looks like out quest has made a difference. The snow outside is already beinging to melt, and the sun is at last visible again. Dametreos is thawing."

"And thank goodness for that." smiled Bjarn, "I didn't look forward to trudging though sleet and snow and ice on out way back to Drullen Bell."

Aros laughed, and turned his attention to Reno and Shainya, who were sitting in a corner by themselves. He rasied his eyebrows and winked. Bjarn chuckled and said slyly, "I think we'll be celebrating something else pretty soon..."

"At least they should wait till spring." replied Aros, "best season of the year, methinks."

"Aye." agreed Bjarn, "We'll all be heading up to Drullen Bell together, correct? No more fragmenting of the fellowship? Or will you go off adventuring again?"

"I'll stay, for now." Aros explained, "But I am the wandering type. I think once Dametreos has really dried out I'll hit the road again, and probably take Luxus along with me."

"Oh?" murmured Bjarn.

"Yeah. With Reno and Shainya getting, well...you know...he'd just be in the way, and he can't stay with you. Besides, I've never had a sidekick."

Bjarn laughed again. "I think Luxus will like that."

Hans approached them and sat next to Aros.

"Sup, guys?"

"Just thinking about the future, Hans. By the way, great party."

The assistant librarian shrugged. "Thanks. Too bad you guys have to go an' all, but I'm sure you're all eager to return home after the megablocks you all went through."

"Yup." agreed Aros, "While those two lovebirds flirt about and Bjarn shuffles papers on his Forestmen throne I'm going to take Luxus adventuring."

Hans nodded. "Sounds good to me. When will you all be leavin'?"

"Tomorrow." replied Bjarn, "Or the day after by the latest."

"Gotcha. Well, don't forget to say bye to me before y'all leave. In fact, I've got to cut this party short...Dad needs me to dust out all the bookshelves...tyco spring cleaning..."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Durlass sat in his carriage, the countryside flashing by as a team of eight horses sped down the cobblestone road at an astonishing speed. The Marquis was in the worst mood possible. Ousted by a military coup, nothing to back him up, nothing to fall back on, and worst of all, his reputation was as good as gone. Never had he been brought so low. Things were just starting to look up, and now this! He could not be caught though. While making his hasty escape from the besieged spire, he knew that a warrant would be put on his head. He had to go somewhere safe, comfortable, and remote. The Falcon isles were his best bet.

At the palace, Martin cracked his knuckles gleefully – a gesture that hardly befitted a man of over sixty-five. Still he was happy. Six months of waiting, planning, and hiding had tested his patience, but it had all paid off. The overthrow of Durlass came with nearly perfect planning too. Reports seemed favorable – the people knew, respected, and even adored him. Full confidence had been placed in him to lead the Falcon Empire. There was much to do he thought as he occupied Durlass’ former workspace. Much to do indeed.

KP 2011!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:At the palace, Martin cracked his knuckles gleefully. There was much to do. Much to do indeed.
G-7

"It is done."

Randolph, Mayriz and Mills looked up at Vanderdious, who had just entered. He was not alone. A tall, clean-shaven man wearing rumpled but elegant cloths stood behind the master of masks silently.

"What?" asked Mayriz, for the moment ignoring the stranger.

"Durlass has been ousted. The rumors of Hindrich missing is true. Martin Humboldt is in power. All loyal to Durlass are systematically being rounded up and jailed. In fact, the entire Black Falcon hierarchy has been turned upside down and inside out. There have been ludicrous promotions and the House Of Lords have been disbanded and their members either killed, captured, or sent fleeing."

Mills suddenly recognized the figure behind Vanderdious.

"Lord Drakko!"

"That I am." replied the man.

Drakko the Black Falcon had changed dramatically since his days adventuring with the Misfits. After Shing-Shokon's airship had crashed deep in Ninjaria and the Misfits had scattered, Drakko had returned to the Black Falcon land in shame. To his surprise, he was not punished, but instead welcomed by Falconis XXVIII, the man who had first sent Drakko, then a knight, out to kill Lord Barbod, king of the Bulls. It seemed word had come to Falconis that Barbod had indeed had been killed, and Falconis XXVIII had mistakenly believed Drakko had fulfilled his quest. Drakko had not bothered to correct the Falcon King, and returned to normal life among the Black Falcons. Soon, however, he began rising in the Black Falcon court, and after six months became a well-respected member of the House Of Lords. However, life in politics had taken it's toll on Drakko. He was now thinned, and his hair was slightly gray. He still held himself with dignity, though, and he in now way had 'gone to seed'.

"He had to come." explained Vanderdious quickly, "Martin's men were on a rampage! The Spire has been overrun, and soon all of Falconis City will be ruled by Martin Humboldt!"

"Well, I'd better put the kettle on!" smiled Mayriz, and bustled out of the room.

"I am grateful to all of you for having me." said Drakko quietly, bowing slightly, "I fear I am somewhat of a dangerous guest..."

"Not at all!" smiled Randolph, "Actually I think us hosts are just as volatile."

"No matter what, if we're caught, we'll all be at the gallows together." muttered Mills darkly.

"Too true." sighed Drakko, "But let us pray it will not end that way. Tell me, where is the Lone Falcon?"

Mills said, "Oh! I've got to add a P.S. to that note!" and did so as Randolph explained the Lone Falcon's where-a-bouts. Mayriz soon bustled in and passed around scones, and Mills tied his note to his carrier pigeon and released it out a window.

"There." sighed Mills as he sat again, "Soon the Lone Falcon and Bersun will know of the situation."

"And not a moment too soon." said Drakko, buttering a scone, "We must be ready in a moment to act. Martin's rule is sudden, and though he may be popular, history tells us from past experiences that a sudden rise to power is usually followed by a just as sudden fall from power."

The door opened again, and the two brothers Forden and Gaffner rushed inside, tracking slushy snow across the floor. Mayriz tut-tutted and scolded them, "WIPE you feet, lads!" Like small children then did so obediently, then rushed over to the table.

"Vander -- Randolph, you've seen what's happened?"

"Durlass' has fled the city -- Martin is now -- oh, Lord Drakko??"

Lord Drakko explained his presence and the two brothers drew up more chairs.

"So when to we act?" asked Gaffner eagerly.

"Later than sooner, I think." said Randolph, "Martin is no fool, very far from it. I think the worst thing we could do now is show ourselves. That would mean destruction. I think we should wait until Martin and his buddies settle down, then either wait for trouble or cause some ourselves."

"If we are to cause any trouble," said Vanderdious, "We should pack the hardest punch. That means the Resistance should be in one place. Right now the Lone Falcon and Freena are with Barbod, Dordrot and that ambassador fellow in Castleton, we're up here, and Bersun, Xonyer and the bulk of the Rebel army is in Orion. Plus there are few spies scattered around everywhere, and our outpost on Peregrine."

"It's hard to hide an entire resistance in one city." cautioned Forden, "but I agree we are way too spread out. The Lone Falcon and everyone else in Castleton should return north, at least."

"There...is the issue of Barbod." Mayriz said slowly and carefully, "I respect the man and his cause, to be sure, but he nearly ruined our plans, twice! Barbod's a brash fool, sometimes, though I'd never dare say that to 'is face, and that Dordrot would follow 'im anywhere. I'm not sayin' that a bad thing!" she added hastily, "If no 'un was loyal then we'd all be in a pickle, but still...at least that other Bull fella had some sence, Rulph something, but he can't seem to persuade Barbod to keep hush-hush, if you know what I mean." She continued, getting more confidant, "What I'm sayin' is this: if the Lone Falcon comes back here, then Lor' Barbod will come too, an' he'll bluster about and might cause trouble an' all, and might put the Rebels in jeopardy...that's all that's worryin' me, anyway..."

"You have an excellent point, Mayriz." nodded Lord Drakko, patting her hand, "but I might have a solution."

"What might that be, gov'ner?" asked Vanderdious.

Drakko smiled, a faraway look in his eyes. "It has been a year since I've seen Barbod, and he's seen me. I think I might be able to...keep him distracted from doing something rash. We were, and I hope are, friends, unlikely friends at that. Perhaps I could sway him. If not, then I could take him with me somewhere and keep him out of trouble until his time comes. Yes. I think that might work."

Vanderdious, Randolph and Mills nodded, though Gaffner, Forden and Mayriz still looked a little worried.

"I'd best send him another note." sighed Mills. He stood and left to fetch another pigeon. He hadn't been gone three seconds before he poked his head back in and said, "What about Bersun and his lot in Orion? Should they get up here too?"

Everyone looked at one another and shrugged.

"As I said before," cautioned Forden, "It's hard to hide an entire resistance in one city."

"They don't need to be in Falconis City." brainstormed Gaffner, "They just need to be nearby...in Black Falcon territory, at least."

"What about Shireville?" suggested Randolph.

Vanderdious shook his head. "That's too small -- it's almost just village, and too royalist at any rate."

A grin then formed on Vanderdious' face. "Hey, I know. Send Bersun to me old birthplace -- Vassalton. It's less than two leagues from Falconis City, and the perfect hiding place -- it rests on the site of the old Vaeagaear Quarries. Pity it wasn't on the coast, for Vassalton would be the best tyco smuggling town ever -- an entire city built upon a giant expanse of mazes and caves hewn out of the rock. Just think of what some shady dealer could hide down there! I doubt anyone's ever even bother mapping the caves."

"Not a bad idea," mused Drakko, "In fact, quite a good idea. Vassalton it is, then."

Mills nodded and left to write the messages.

"Now...we wait." said Drakko.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Martin eased himself into the leather chair. In front of him was a map of Royal Knight territory, flags marking the spots of various divisions. Looking up at his aide, he began to speak.
“The Falcon nation is a war machine. I don’t think many have realized that. It seems that only the late Falconis recognized it and even then, he terribly mismanaged it. Tell me. How many men are in the 2nd corps?
The assistant held up a folder he was holding, flipping thorough it for an answer. Before he could speak, Martin continued.
“The answer is 2,000 at peacetime levels, 10,000 at half mobilization, 100,000 on a wartime footing with potential to rise to twice that. The first corps is disbanded for the winter. There is no sense trying to reform it now. Right now the 2nd corps has 6 divisions. I want that raised to twelve in two weeks.”
The aide nodded, scribbling a note in his folder. Martin continued, pointing to the map with a small rod. “We have the 31st division here, the 42nd here, and the 18th here on the front. Transfer the other three to the area and begin defensive trench warfare. I also want a battery of artillery attached to each one.”
The man continued to write in his notepad.
“Now, reports show that the Royals have nine understrength divisions here, here, and, there.” The primer said, pointing to different areas. “We only have four home guard regiments on the northern border here. I want eight whole divisions there in a week, half of them preferably cavalry.”
The assistant stopped, his brow furled. “But sir! Where are we to gain two extra divisions? Not to mention cavalry! We only have three full sized groups – all of them stationed on the Forestman border.
Martin did not even look up. “Transfer them. They aren’t doing any good where they are.”
Shocked as he was, the man did not press any further arguments. “As – as you wish sir.”
Martin shifted the map to one end of the large desk. “Now then. Let’s turn to economic matters…”

KP 2011!
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: M-7

Strider and Swift had rode on all night. They were dead tired, but their hope to see back the Dark Forest kept them from fainting. They had barely food and water, so Strider led the horses towards Hemlock River. In the distance they could allready hear the streaming of the water. They arrived at the River, they dismounted, and smacked some water in their faces, they drank some and killed a fish or two.

Suddenly, in the small bushes in the left of them, birds flew away, scared of coming danger. Strider grabbed his sword and went standing in front of Swift, a matter of prtecting him. But nothing came, Strider got of guard and just then, arrows flew through the sky and killed thier horses.
Swift, not willing to surrender, grabbed his sword, but he was to weak to fight and soon collapsed. Strider kept on fending of soldiers that came out of the woods.
But it was a helpless battle, soon they were surrounded and pushed back into the river.
A man stepped out of the group, forward.
He had a black sun painted on his face, the sign of Varras, his long hair in a tail, he grabbed his bow and putted an arrow in the string.

"You have a nasty way of surviving, Archidamus, but no longer you shall suffer, I'm here to end your misery" the chieftain said.

He loosed the arrow and hitted Swift, whom wasn't able to dodge, he was just too tired, too wounded and too exhausted. Swift fell and drifted away in Hemlock River.

"Now for you!!" the chieftain shouted.

His men grabbed some arrows and placed them in position.

"FIRE!!" the man ordered.

The arrows were released and all drilled into Strider. Blood came out of his mouth, he dropped his sword and grabbed for his chest, were most arrows were.
My time has finnaly arrived, it isn't my destiny to bring peace to the Wolf Pack, may God watch over Swift
He collapsed on the riverbank, but he stilled had some strength left and opened his eyes, he could hear something in the far distance, horse trampling.

Suddenly, hundreds of horsemen jumped out of the woods, drilling their long spears into the other soldiers. Their were other horselords whom carried bows with them, in mongolian stile, they shot of their arrows, riding forward, aiming backward. The ones with axes chopped into the enemy, killing them almost instantly.

A rider dismounted, he carried a big round shield, and had and axe in his hand. He had a darkgreen, battleworn tunic and his boots were covered with mud, he wore a helmet with noseguard were a golden Elkhead was carved in and with a giant black plume. He had a brown beard and long brown hair that came from beneath his helmet on his shoulders. He was Xerxes, leader of the Lost Battalion, a battalion that was said to be missed during the first Fell War. The Dark Forest supreme militairy chiefs believed that this cavarly unit was ambushed and taken out by Defoe's forces. But they had survived, from then on they had lived deep in the woods, adopted somewhat of the Wolf Pack culture, but never forgot their roots. They were an elite battalion of horsebackriders and terrorised the woods with their swift hit-and-run attacks. The local forest became a feared place for the Wolf Pack and was mostly avoided.

"Medic!!" Xerxes yelled "is there anything you can do for this man?"
"I'm afraid not, this man has died, sir"
"Tyco, we were too late, megablocks Wolf Pack, killing their own citizens, take him along to the camp, we'll take care of him there"
"Sure, Captain"

Two Riders dismounted and putted Strider on a horse of a fallen comrade.

"What to do with the corpses?"
"Burn 'em, check if they have anything worthy with them before burning 'em"
"You heard the boss, grab some torches, lit up the Tyco pile of corpses!!"

After their little cousy campfire, the men left again, as swift as they came.

Later in the afternoon, they arrived at their camp, close to Hemlock River. They took Strider and laid him in a flatboat, they had took away the arrows that were in his body and nursed the wounds some. The Captain came closer and left a small amulet, an iron Elk-head wrapped in a small banner, the sign of his battalion, on Strider's chest. He pushed the boat in to the river and it floated away, along with the river, heading for Dark Forest country.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: L-7

Aaylah walked along the grassy plains of Hemlock. It was dawn and the grass was still somewhat wet. She continued and followed the river. The bright blue water of Hemlock River sparkled in the sun. She was the fishes swim in the River, but then, something drew her attention.
In the blue water a body drifted. Aaylah recognized the black cloak, it was Swift's cloak, so it was Swift's body.

Quickly she ran into the river and swimmed were Swift's body drifted. She took him and lay him on the riverbank. She wanted to carry him along with her, but he was too heavy, so she ran back to Hemlock, getting some help.

Aaylah opened the doors of the Great Hall, were Radjar was having his breakfast.

"Radjar, I need your help" Aaylah said, exhausted.
"Calm down, what is it?"
"It's Swift, he body, it drifted along with the River, I laid it on the riverbank, but it was too heavy to drag it over here"
"Hurry, show me the place" Radjar said and followed Aaylah outside.

They ran through the fields and finally arrived at the riverbank, where Swift lay.
Radjar looked at him and heard if his heart was still beating. He was still alive, but he needed medical care soon.
Radjar lay Swift on his shoulder and took him back to Hemlock as quick as he could.

"Where do I need to take him?" Radjar asked.
"Take him to my quarters, but don't tell anyone that he's here, Morphious doesn't wants any Wolf Packs in Dark Forest lands, it's too dangerous, so hush about this"
"Ok, sure"

They walked on the stairs of the tower and lay Swifts on a blanket, in front of the open hearth, that would warm him up a bit. Aaylah searched her drawers for any medicals herbs and soon found some.

"Take of his armor and shirt" she said to Radjar.

Radjar took out Swift's clothes and pulled the arrow out of Swift. Swift's face and chest were full of blood, so was the blanket were he lay on. Aaylah washed away the blood some and putted some medical herbs on his wounds, next she wrankled his chest in some bandages, to stop the bleeding.

Outside they could hear some soldiers yell to open gates. Radjar exited the room and went looking. Six guards entered the courtyard, on their shoulders they carried a grey flatboat. They putted him down in the middle of the courtyard. Radjar came closer and saw that it was Strider who lay in the small boat.

"Where did you find this?" he asked a soldier.
"It came along with the river, sir, he carried this with him" the guard said and took something out of his pocket.

It was a small banner wrankled around a small amulet.
Radjar looked at it, but nothing came up in his head, then he stared at the banner, the 22nd Cavalry battalion. Radjar remembered something, where he saw this banner before.

It was in the First Fell War, soldiers were preparing to invade the Wolf Pack lands. In front of the mighty Hemlock Stronghold, hundreds of horsemen stood, clad in dark-green tunics, wearing silver scale armors. They sat proud on their horses, some holding the banner of the Dark Forest others were holding the banners of their own legion.
In front of the giant cavalry unit stood Xerxes, the Lord of the Northern Dark Forest Lands, he had rallied some of the men out of his provence and brought them to Hemlock, ready to wage war. He said goodbye to Radjar, his King, and left

The memory flash faded.

This can't be, Radjar thought, they were ambushed by the Wolf Pack, they never returned

Radjar lifted the boat together with some other soldiers and brought it to the catacombs, to preserve Strider's body long enough so Swift could be on Strider's funeral to.
He went back to Aaylah and told her the news.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Hans nodded. "Sounds good to me. When will you all be leavin'?"

"Tomorrow." replied Bjarn, "Or the day after by the latest."

"Gotcha. Well, don't forget to say bye to me before y'all leave. In fact, I've got to cut this party short...Dad needs me to dust out all the bookshelves...tyco spring cleaning..."
J-10

It was the next day. The party had been cleaned up, Luxus's presents packed away, and Han had managed to dust everything his father had required. Now the remaining members of the Fellowship of the Pendants: Bjarn, Reno, Aros, Luxus, Shainya, Anardan and Voolmark, stood outside on the steps of the Classic Archives, saying their farewells to Hans Lentawl and Daner Pluto.

Bjarn firmly shook the hand of the great wizard and bowed his head.

"Daner, once again, let me thank you for your gift you have given to me. I am honored and forever grateful."

"It was my pleasure." smiled Daner, "You deserved nothing less."

Next Reno, Aros and Luxus all offered and shook hands with Daner.

"If it wasn't for you, sir, we would have never known the truth of out parentage, and our own brotherhood. Thank you." said Reno.

"Thank you, bearers of the Pendants. I am sorry I ever put that burden upon you, but I am glad to see at last their curse is gone."

Then Shainya and Anardan formally shook hands, both murmuring thanks. Then Voolmark bowed before Daner, and they conversed quietly, wizard to wizard.

Meanwhile, Luxus was clinging tightly Hans.

"Oh, thank you thank you Hans for the party, it was the most wonderful ever!" the child was saying over and over, trying to hide the tears leaking from his eyes.

"Hey, little fella..." Hans pried himself away, looked at Luxus, then hugged him tight.

"Take care, Luxus. Remember to study hard that book I gave you."

Luxus nodded vigourously, smiling. Then he stepped back and went to take Shainya's hand. She came forward and kissed Hans lightly on the cheek.

"Thank you for all your work, and for coming after us." she said, "And thank you especially for watching over Luxus."

Hans, who had gone red, muttered, "Sure thing, Shainya..."

Next was Reno and Aros, who pounded Hans on the back.

"You're a lucky guy, Reno!" smirked Hans.

Reno laughed. "Don't I know it!"

"Take care of yourself, Hans. Don't let any bookshelves topple onto you!" chuckled Aros.

Hans grinned and replied, "I won't. And take care of yourself, too, guys."

Anardan and Voolmark then came forward and both thanked Hans for his help. Hans just shrugged and said, "Glad to be of aid. Certainly was a nice change to the mundane norm of sorting books and debating whether a word should be spelled with an O or OU."

Last of all to say goodbye to Hans was Bjarn.

"You are always welcome in Forestmen land." assured Bjarn, after he had shaken hands and had handed over a little token with the Forestmen symbol on it.

"If I ever start traveling, north is where I'll head." promised Hans, and awkwardly gave the Sign Of The Elk. Bjarn smiled and returned the salute.

That was it. Goodbyes were done. Now they stood in two groups, Hans and Daner on the upper part of the stairs, the Archives framing their back, and the Fellowship, the muddy streets of Orion behind them. The was a silence, almost sad, but also joyful. Then Luxus rasied his hand and cried, "Baeden byn!", which in the Anchient Tongue, meant, "Farewell!"

Hans repeated the phrase, as did the others. Then the Fellowship turned and left.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: N-24
Formendacil wrote:So the Old Man had gone into a trance. What looked to Elwen like sleep was, in fact, a form of communication. It took him all day to find the one he wanted, but that evening, far away, Sir Dractor received a message.
Corporal Elbusin Y'lirk, First Corporal of the Sorceror-king's First Dametreosian Regiment, and his detail of twenty-one soldiers, were sequestered in a small inn, just north of Talistrand, on the road that led (among other things) to the Old Ruins, where the rest of his regiment was headed.

Corporal Y'lirk was sitting in his room, half-asleep, when one of his men burst into the room.

"Sir!" he reported. "The Old Man and his companions are making for the inn. They appear to have every indication of staying the night."

"Order all of the men out the back of the inn," said Y'lirk. "Make silently for the copse. We don't want them to suspect anything."

~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, the Old Man, Elwen dan Raleigh, and Sir Jayko Falconensis were riding up the road towards the inn. They had left Talistrand in mid-morning, over a full day behind the Sorceror-king. The Old Man was confident that they would catch up soon, since riders can swiftly overtake a company that marched on foot, as the Dragon Masters did. As of yet, though, they had not seen a sign of the Sorceror-king's company, and they were ready to stop for the night.

Elwen was in a somewhat gloomy mood. Bernard was gone, and gone off with the Sorceror-king, of all people. What's more, they were bound for what was bound to be a major confrontation between two sorcerors, with no indication of whom the victor might be, and as she felt the weight of the golden crown on her head, Elwen felt certain that she had some role to play, and whated scared her was that she hadn't a clue as to what it might be.

Jayko was excited. Not much, but just enough that he was looking forward to what lay ahead. It would be a most perilous adventure, certainly, with great deeds of magic and bravery. And he, Sir Jayko Falconensis, was riding at Elwen's side, while that intolerable Bernard Quorandis was travelling with the Sorceror-king. Jayko was ever-so-hopeful that Quorandis would find himself on the receiving end of the Old Man's magic, while he, Jayko, proved his bravery in Elwen's sight.

The Old Man's mind was more seriously occupied. Sir Dractor was still in Dragon Master territory, the Sorceror-king had the lead, and Elwen seemed to have lost focus of the quest.

~~~~~~~~~~

From his vantage point on the far side of the road, Y'lirk watched as the three riders dismounted, and eventually entered the inn.

"Wait for nightfall," he told one of his men, "and then find out which rooms they've acquired. Then report back to me."
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

The Green Knight wrote:“Bah! You’re a worrywart, Caimlin! Now, are you going to stop quivering like that fool, Hadadar or shall I call your mother to calm you?”

Caimlin seemed rather hurt by this and a little indignant as well, but said nothing.

“Now,” said Lord Void. “We have work to do.”
G-11

Caimlin pushed aside his feelings of hurt and stood taller.

"Aye sir. What work would that be?"

"The revitalization of the Dragon Masters." Lord Void replied, his eyes flashing.

"First and foremost," he continued, "The Fire Breathing Fortress must be rebuilt. It was the figurehead of Dragonar, and as long as it remains in ruins the Dragon Master will not get the respect they deserve. Until the Fire Breathing Fortress is suitable for habitation, I will rule the empire from here, the Grolling Fortress. The Fire Breathing Fortress must, of course, be more grand than the original design. Architects must be hired and stone masons, carpenters blacksmiths and other such skilled work acquired. And there must be slaves, plenty of slaves."

"Shall we reinstate raids upon the Crusader populace?" asked Caimlin.

Lord Void shook his head. "No...there is too much...what is the words laymen use?..."brotherly love"...in Dametreos at this moment. BloodVaine may have not defeated Dametreos, but he certain succeeded in uniting the factions. No, if I strike out at the Crusaders or any other faction, the Emperor will balk and I'll have an entire allied army bothering me. No...raids are not the answer."

"What then, milord?"

"The Dragon Master treasury is at a surplus, is it not? We will buy slaves, Caimlin, buy them!"

"But slave trading in Dametreos is illegal."

"Banning something only makes it more popular." snapped Lord Void, "Enslavement may be illegal on paper, but every factions dabbles in the slave trade. It's simply too profitable to pass up!"

Lord Void stood and pointed at a large map affixed to one wall of Hadadar's -- now Lord Void's -- room.

"As soon as humanly possible, you will command a fleet of three ships to set sail to Anka Dolour -- the unofficial slave trading capital of the land. You will buy up all the slaves possible to fill those three ships, and return home to Dragonar. There the slaves will be put to good use rebuilding my fortress."

"But, where will we acquire these ships? The Dragon Masters are not a seafaring nation, save for out provincial islands."

Lord Void was not deterred. "That is one weakness I plan to change. The Fright Knights are known for their triremes and biremes. You will command an expedition south, though Black Knight land and into Fright Knight land where you will negotiate, pay for, and supervise the construction and launch of three ships. I will leave it up to you which types of ships are built. Once the ships are complete, hire a crew of Fright Knights to man the ships, sail to Anka Dolour, acquire the slaves, and return to Dragonar. By that time negotiations with the Royal Knights should be complete and I would have bought Dragonar some shoreline at last."

Caimlin nodded, a bit dazed but excited at this new prospect of adventure.

"My lord, to pay for three ships and hundreds of slaves will require a extremely large amount of gold."

"That will be transported along with your expedition. A guard of 300 soldiers should deter bandits."

"Won't the Black Knights or Fright Knights fear invasion?"

"I will send my complete assurances to King Sirion and a load of gold to calm the old fool's fears. We need not worry about She-Of-The-Barrow. She knows almost there is all to know in Dametreos. She'll know through her dirges and pools and jinxes that we only seek business, not conquest."

Caimlin nodded. "Very good, milord."

"I know. Now, prepare your expedition immediately. I want your force ready to go by within the week!"

"Aye, milord." Caimlin bowed and exited the room. Lord Void glided over to a liquor cabinet, poured himself a scotch, the gazed at the map on the wall again."

"I'll tackle the Royal Knights soon enough." he said to himself, "But at this moment...I need to find myself an architect..."