Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: March 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I had posted this character previous month, but you forgot to add her then(I don't blame you, you're a busy man), so here she's back:

-Picture will come on one day-

Name: Aaylah Jerlock
Background: When Fraun was born, Aaylah, was 2 years old so she doesn't remember her mother or father either. She was found by Voolmark together with Fraun and then raised by him 'till she was twelve, she went living in the Dark Forest then were she had her first big love. When the fire ereputed in the Dark Forest lands, she went hiding in Drullen Bell and saw her brother back again. Now, she is back in the Dark Forest, in more specific, Hemlock Stronghold. She is now together with Swift, whom has sadly left the Light path and went testing his limits on the Dark path. She loves him very much and would do everything to bring him back on the right path. She knows a little bit of magic and is a fierce warrior.
Faction: Forestmen/Dark Forest
Place in hierarchy: Forestdweller/warrior
Equipment: Black bow, grey katana
Other: n/a
Looks:n/a
Class: Secondary character

PS: Don't forget Constantine to
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:Therefore, on the assumption that Nathan doesn't drastically disagree with me on this matter, I'm going to ask you to go back and ensure that a ship is never referred to as having more than one, maybe two ballistas on deck.
Unfortunatly, I have to disagree. Ballistae on ships is not new in the CCRP. In fact, it goes all the way back to the Misfits era:
Pressing their advantage, the pirates armed a small ballista at the stern of the ship and fired several large spears into the captain's cabin. A screech of shattering glass and timber filled the air at the iron-tipped spears ripped though entire length of the cabin.
Running sideways to avoid the arrows, Willem snatched up a three-pronged hook and swung it around his head like a lasso. He let go at the exact moment and watched with satisfaction as the hook snagged the miniature ballista and pulled the weapon overboard.
“Man the aft ballista!” shouted Burtrand to two of his passing crew.
“Aye aye, cap’n!” they replied.
Where Burtrand was from, it was common practice among pirate ships, and other war-ships to have one or two small ballistae mounted on deck.
And later, during the Return Of The Bulls:
As the Rose Marie approached the Lone Falcon could see a flurry of activity onboard the vessel. Men and women in dark brown cloaks scurried back and forth arming what appeared to be small defense ballista.
So, in fact, both you, Mike, and Nick have broken the rules. Jeff_O_Rama has outlined the use of ballistae on ships long, long before your other posts. I only just realised this and I am sorry I didn't bring this to everyone's attention sooner.

Personally, 72 ballistae is way to much for a ship to handle. However, I think a ship with about 10 ballistae would be permissable. I argee that only the most top of the line ships should have a large amount of ballistae, but I see nothing wrong with a small brig having a single ballista

Now, I understand Mike's feeling about ballistae rocking the ship, but I don't think it would be as extreme as Mike discribes. A catapult, or a trebuchet, on the other hand, would be too unstable to secure unto a ship. But a ballista is bastically an over-sized crossed bow, and if given appropiate room and leverage, would absorb most of it's own backfire.

To sum it up: ballistae on ships are allowed, up to a maximum of 10, depending on the ship size' and the bigger the ballista on the smaller the ship, the bigger the rocking.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Unfortunatly, I have to disagree. Ballistae on ships is not new in the CCRP. In fact, it goes all the way back to the Misfits era:

To sum it up: ballistae on ships are allowed, up to a maximum of 10, depending on the ship size' and the bigger the ballista on the smaller the ship, the bigger the rocking.
Better now than never learning....

It doesn't surprise me. And my memory of the Misfits era is really not that good (really should take my advice, and actually reread that stuff).

I'll go and edit my stuff...
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Hey Lotl

Nathan, I've just read your last post. and I have some questions.
(1) Are you meaning with it that Swift can't return to Aaylah as long as the war rages on?
(2) Are you sying that no one else but Willem Blackcloak can sit on the throne after the war?

That's it, hope you can answer. :P
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

I see what you mean Mike. Here is my perspective. First off, I do not see CCRP as strictly “medieval”. For example, my view of Falconis city has elements from the 13th, 15th, and even 17th centuries.
Is the bastilla a medieval weapon? Yes.
Is a large ship theoretically possible in a medieval era? Yes.
Could 72 bastillas be mounted on a large ship in the medieval era? A little extreme, but not out of the question.
Already there have been numerous examples by members that do not exactly conform to what was truly medieval in our sense of the word.

However, I do agree with you Mike. 72 bastillas does sound a little extreme. I think a rule concerning this and other matters should be made – perhaps something along the line of: “All technology, architecture, weaponry, and design should conform to a medieval standpoint. i.e. nothing before 1600.”

Now, there is some flexibility. After all, at one point there were even airships (now banned if I’m not mistaken). While I will argue that 72 bastilla flagships can exist, I will agree that such weapons are background devices, they exist purely as an illustration and in no event are to be “used”.

I hope I made my point clearly enough. Seriously, if you have any problems with that I will be happy to change it. Horatio Johnson (and his ship) was created to provide a diversion from the Falcon plot and pre-planning and politics in general.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:I hope I made my point clearly enough. Seriously, if you have any problems with that I will be happy to change it. Horatio Johnson (and his ship) was created to provide a diversion from the Falcon plot and pre-planning and politics in general.
Actually, if you look up a couple posts, you'll see that I'm a bit inaccurate in my statements, and our great leader has made a ruling on the matter.

And, as I said, I went ahead and edited my post.

Sigh... It's good to be humble... :roll:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Formendacil wrote:It doesn't surprise me. And my memory of the Misfits era is really not that good (really should take my advice, and actually reread that stuff).
Well, in a fit of consummate boredom (sorta. laziness might be a better term), I actually went and did this, rereading the First Misfits Chronicles, and I stumbled across a fascinated little gem of information:
She [Graygon's Mother] explained how she was the daughter of the prince of the Black Falcons, who is now the king. As a young man he was ruthless, and never allowing anyone to do him wrong. Though people did cross him like your father and he dealt them a severe punishment. That is why I ran with you. I knew that he was going to do something to you, and the best way to protect you was hiding. We have found a good home here with the Wolfpack.
Obviously, this prince-now-king was Falconis XXVIII, and Graygon is thus the nephew (and maybe even Heir-by-rights, although in reality his lineage would be unknown to the Falcons) to Hindrich Falconis XXIX.

Not an important thing, by any means, since Graygon never seems to refer to this again, but I found it fascinating!

If Lord Drakko and the Lone Falcon are looking for a replacement to fill a vacant throne, I know who I'm suggesting:

Vanderdious! :P
Last edited by Formendacil on Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Sir Drake wrote:Nathan, I've just read your last post. and I have some questions.
(1) Are you meaning with it that Swift can't return to Aaylah as long as the war rages on?
(2) Are you saying that no one else but Willem Blackcloak can sit on the throne after the war?
Yes, and yes. :P
Formendacil wrote:Obviously, this prince-now-king was Falconis XXVIII, and Graygon is thus the nephew (and maybe even Heir-by-rights, although in reality his lineage would be unknown to the Falcons) to Hindrich Falconis XXIX.

Not an important thing, by any means, since Graygon never seems to refer to this again, but I found it fascinating!
Wait to you read my next Willem/Graygon/Katheryn post! Believe it or not, Nick and I were discussing this a few weeks ago and were comtemplating whether or not to involve Graygon in the current Black Falcon plot!
Formendacil wrote:If Lord Drakko and the Lone Falcon are looking for a replacement to fill a vacant throne, I know who I'm suggesting:

Vanderdious! :P
:twisted:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Formendacil wrote:If Lord Drakko and the Lone Falcon are looking for a replacement to fill a vacant throne, I know who I'm suggesting:

Vanderdious!
Man I must really be out of it today. Who's Vanderdious again? Is he a falcon?

Oh and about this Fell war re-run thing... I kinda thought that it would be cool if the good guys lost the war. I mean, with the falcons becoming sorta good and all it would be cool to see another evil faction arise. William could have that same thing Barbod has going for him. Maybe hiding in his own country, trying to help his subjects as they under go the trials of the ladie's reign. I don't know...
Commander Redbeard wrote:Thanks to Nathan and Formendacil and everyone who helped with the Temple of Lost Stars epic! That was my favourite for a while, and I really enjoyed helping create it. Great job, everyone!
Yeah it was fun wasn't it. Even if I wasn't envolved that much. Thanks for bringing me along for the ride. :D
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The Green Knight wrote:Man I must really be out of it today. Who's Vanderdious again? Is he a falcon?
Hehehe, he's a joke. :D

Well, and a Falcon too...

He's one of Nathan NPCs that run around in Falconis City under the orders of the Lone Falcon. He's a master of disguise, and general spy.

And he's got a cool name. 8)
Oh and about this Fell war re-run thing... I kinda thought that it would be cool if the good guys lost the war. I mean, with the falcons becoming sorta good and all it would be cool to see another evil faction arise. William could have that same thing Barbod has going for him. Maybe hiding in his own country, trying to help his subjects as they under go the trials of the ladie's reign. I don't know...
Interesting idea but I don't know that it would be all the workable.

For what it's worth, I'm not really paying much attention to that corner of Dametreos, other than reading Drake's posts. I'm busy with Talistrand, and will be for a little while yet.

In the meantime, isn't it about time for another report on Thenais? :wink:
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Oh and about this Fell war re-run thing... I kinda thought that it would be cool if the good guys lost the war. I mean, with the falcons becoming sorta good and all it would be cool to see another evil faction arise.
Lol don't worry about that. The Fright Knights still live in Dametreos :twisted:
It's good to see all these new villains, they're starting to catch up to the good guys in numbers.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

The Green Knight wrote:Oh and about this Fell war re-run thing... I kinda thought that it would be cool if the good guys lost the war. I mean, with the falcons becoming sorta good and all it would be cool to see another evil faction arise. William could have that same thing Barbod has going for him. Maybe hiding in his own country, trying to help his subjects as they under go the trials of the ladie's reign. I don't know...
What do you mean the Falcons are becoming evil? They have tried to poison one of their own men :wink: . I don't know about your idea, I think that you'd better PM Devari about that, he the boss of Willem Blackcloak. And some minor thingy, in this Fell War, there are no good guys, except for the soldiers, all the chiefs and stuff all want the throne. Swift was a good guy, but he made a pact with evil and lost it.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Sir Drake wrote:They have tried to poison one of their own men.
That's true,I guess I should say that they seem a little less power hungrey as of late. Or at least, that's they way they seem to be headed.
Sir Drake wrote:I don't know about your idea, I think that you'd better PM Devari about that, he the boss of Willem Blackcloak. And some minor thingy, in this Fell War, there are no good guys, except for the soldiers, all the chiefs and stuff all want the throne. Swift was a good guy, but he made a pact with evil and lost it.
Well my idea is really only that. An idea. Something I thought sounded sorta cool. In reality I shouldn't have any say in the war at all. None of my characters are involved after all. And I have enough on my plate as it is.
Formendacil wrote:He's one of Nathan NPCs that run around in Falconis City under the orders of the Lone Falcon. He's a master of disguise, and general spy.

And he's got a cool name. 8)
Ah, yes. I remember him. Definitely cool.
Formendacil wrote:In the meantime, isn't it about time for another report on Thenais?
Ooooh you got me there. It's actually quite a bit past time for an update. I've been meaning to get back to him for some time, but for some reason he always seems to be at the bottom of my list. I think I can get back to him now. There's just a few other things I have to wrap up first.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Hey, I'm back with my chars, would you please add them Nathan? Please, please, please. Here they are, it's Aaylah again and Dantir Khan(he Constanine's replacement).

-Picture will come on one day-

Name: Aaylah Jerlock
Background: When Fraun was born, Aaylah, was 2 years old so she doesn't remember her mother or father either. She was found by Voolmark together with Fraun and then raised by him 'till she was twelve, she went living in the Dark Forest then were she had her first big love. When the fire ereputed in the Dark Forest lands, she went hiding in Drullen Bell and saw her brother back again. Now, she is back in the Dark Forest, in more specific, Hemlock Stronghold. She is now together with Swift, whom has sadly left the Light path and went testing his limits on the Dark path. She loves him very much and would do everything to bring him back on the right path. She knows a little bit of magic and is a fierce warrior.
Faction: Forestmen/Dark Forest
Place in hierarchy: Forestdweller/warrior
Equipment: Black bow, grey katana
Other: n/a
Looks:n/a
Class: Secondary character

and:

Name: Dantir Khan
Background: His mother was a Dark Forester, but fled out of fear for her husband, she left another son there. She fled deep into the lands of Ninjara and found a home in the Black Lotus clan. She fell in love with Shinja, captain of the Imperial Dragons, an elite group of samurai's, trained to protect their Emperor. She gave birth to another son and named him Dantir Khan. Dantir grew up and became a master in the skills of swordfighting. He joined the Imperial Navy, but when the Emperor died, the navy was reformed and he was thrown out. He hunts Demons to earn some money so he can take care of his mother, whom is becoming quite old.
Faction: Ninja
Place In Hierarchy: Demon-Hunter
Equipment: Imperial Navy chainmail, enchanted rune blade, quiver and crossbow
Other: He has some special gifts, some say he got that from his mother, whom is an Elf. He is able to feel danger coming and has a sharper view than any other common man.
Class: Minor Character

PS: Don't forget the pics of Swift and Strider to, there around here somewhere.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I remember that I also had a char.
Since it's hard updating with one or two guys every week here's my char again so you don't forget,because as you said you prefer doing it in bulk. :wink:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheOr ... elzzar.bmp
Name Count Belzzar Dracul
Age 32
Background Belzzar was the son of Count Heindric and great nephew of Pythos the sorcerer. Heindric was slain seven years ago by Sir Valric, with him dead Belzzar took his father’s place as a Count. Once as a boy, Pythos came to have a talk with his father. Belzzar won’t tell anybody what happened but he lives in fear of the day when he and Pythos meet again.
Faction Fright Knights
Equipment Bat Armour, Bat Staff, magic
Place in Hierarchy Count
Other Information n/a
Looks Generic BatLord
Class Secondary Character