Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: April 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: April 2005

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Greetings Roleplayers!

MWHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, yes yes! Fear me, for I have retaken my role as thread-creator from Mike! Now I have ultimate power! :twisted:

Er...ahem...yeah...so...

Questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted here. Additions to the continuing epic should be posted in this thread.

Let the adventure continue!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Umm, Boss? Just to let you know that there is no link posted.

I guess all that power is going to your head and making you giddy.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Robin Hood wrote:Umm, Boss? Just to let you know that there is no link posted.

Problem solved.

I might not have ultimate power, but I am not powerless! :twisted:
LEGO-las
Apprentice

Post by LEGO-las »

How'd ya like my last post? Short, I know, I'll get better at that.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

That probably happend because he made this thread first.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Dillon wrote:

That probably happend because he made this thread first.
Well, that's pretty much always the case. One or the other of the threads HAS to come first. It's just that normal procedure is then to insert the link of the second thread into the prior one after it's been created.

Of course, it's been a few months since Nathan had to make a new thread, that he might have forgotten. :wink:
LEGO-las wrote:How'd ya like my last post? Short, I know, I'll get better at that.
Short isn't necessarily bad. Although longer is always nicer from a reader's point of view, short is only bad if the writing is, and no amount of verbosity is going to fix that.

Anyway, welcome back!
LEGO-las
Apprentice

Post by LEGO-las »

Formendacil wrote:
Anyway, welcome back!
Yeah, that's a bit too true. Anyways, what do I have to do If I wanna make a new city?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

LEGO-las wrote:Anyways, what do I have to do If I wanna make a new city?
Sorry for not noticing this earlier, LEGO-las. I saw your post, but must have been skimming too fast, since I only caught the reply to the quote.

Anyways, the answer to your question is that if you want a new city, you just go to the grid where you want it, and have your characters visit it. Once written into a post, it's written into the RP.

Considering the location of your character right now, I imagine that you're thinking of making a KK1 city, which is certainly necessary since that faction has been pretty much neglected completely.

If, in the future, you're looking for cities or towns in the other factions, I suggest checking out the map page. At the bottom of the page, below the fancy, regular, map are links to the largescale maps created by Nathan, which show Dametreos in closer detail, including all cities, towns, and such that have been RPed up until the date of the Map's creation, which was approximately the start of the new year, I believe. This doesn't mean that you can't make new cities, it's just a resource to help you find all the old ones, so that we don't end up with two or three major cities all rammed into the same grid.

Now, as a bit of amusement, everybody, look at what I just discovered when about to post a reply to the Roleplay. Look who I quoted in my last post:
Formendacil, in the RP thread, wrote:Grid: M-24
Sir Dractor wrote:"I know what you search for," said Sir Dractor. "It cannot be allowed into the Dark One's hands."

"Indeed it cannot," nodded the Old Man. "But come, we have some miles yet ahead of us, and the Sorceror-king remains ahead of us."
The Old Man and Sir Dractor had returned to the Old Man's camp. Elwen was just stirring, and Jayko was still fast asleep. The sounds of Sir Dractor and the Old Man talking as they came near woke Elwen from her
-taken wholly and completely from the now-edited post.
Last edited by Formendacil on Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Here is another of my chars:

Character's Name: Kor
Character's Age: 18
Character's Background: Kor was born a noble and was trained for most his life how to fight well with a sword. Now, though he is one of the most skilled fighters in all the land, he has a softer heart then most soldiers and only fights when he needs to.
Character's Faction: Ninja
Character's Equipment: Sword and armor
Character's Place in Hierarchy: knight
Other Information: none
Character's Looks: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Dillon/CCRP/pic1.jpg
Class: Main Character
Your CC.com Forum Username: Sir Dillon

If you could please update him that'd be great. :)
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I had one or two other guys I thought of , that I could use instead of Valric. With the new rules and all I think it will be good to throw another "misfit" character into the mix.

Name Kale Kinslayer
Age 32
Background Kale was once a mighty Bull Knight from bygone days. After various ill deeds that earned him his name, he fled the country and became a mercenary. Over the years he has crossed paths with Pythos the Sorcerer. These were in the days before Pythos had Weigraf. In return for doing special tasks, Pythos slightly extended Kale’s lifespan. Today he should be in his late eighties.
Faction None
Equipment Standard long sword, Oval Bull shield, Black Euro armour DragonHelm.
Place in Hierarchy Mercenary
Other Information n/a
Looks One eye Bull head, Vladek body/euro armour. DragonHelm
Class Secondary Character
LEGO-las
Apprentice

Post by LEGO-las »

Now I've got a problem: It won't let me make paragraphs! I'll press the space bar about five times, but... when I view my message, there's no paragraphs! You can see what I mean by my last post in the RP.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

LEGO-las wrote:Now I've got a problem: It won't let me make paragraphs! I'll press the space bar about five times, but... when I view my message, there's no paragraphs! You can see what I mean by my last post in the RP.
This is the case everywhere in the forums, to the best of my knowledge, and isn't anything to worry about. To properly make paragraphs, you need to space them (which involves the enter/return button).

A decent (but short) RP post should look something like this:
The Pink Knight wrote:Grid: #-!

Blah blah balb, blurp bipple bopd da bompstialls the bpals balastosauros berrybush bumbp beebriger be bats buatall bumblemop buarpsl buy bellows biesterioelloesteros bigg borrromm buurppsib bootttllemding.

"Dialogue," said person

"Reply," said being.

"Retort," answered person brackishly.

"Bungleberry!" snapped being. "Brachs bist your byrobestcory. Bumppl blah bley! Blaggoot!"

"Blaggoot snorkllictenstein..." mumbled person with pear in mouth. "Blaggoot snorkllictenstein..."
Okay....

I had WAY too much fun writing that.

All the same, the general look of it (ignoring what ANY of the words actually say), should give you a general idea of what a RP post properly spaced might look like.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:
The Pink Knight wrote:Grid: #-!

Blah blah balb, blurp bipple bopd da bompstialls the bpals balastosauros berrybush bumbp beebriger be bats buatall bumblemop buarpsl buy bellows biesterioelloesteros bigg borrromm buurppsib bootttllemding.

"Dialogue," said person

"Reply," said being.

"Retort," answered person brackishly.

"Bungleberry!" snapped being. "Brachs bist your byrobestcory. Bumppl blah bley! Blaggoot!"

"Blaggoot snorkllictenstein..." mumbled person with pear in mouth. "Blaggoot snorkllictenstein..."
Okay....

I had WAY too much fun writing that.
Your need serious help, dude. :wink:

Everyone else: I'll get to work with your new characters ASAP! :)
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

lol *sigh* Now this is why I love the roleplay so much. Hmmmm the Pink Knight huh? Is he the one from the preview of next years Knights Kingdom or just one of the nameless dragon masters that fought in the battle for Orion?
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The Green Knight wrote:lol *sigh* Now this is why I love the roleplay so much. Hmmmm the Pink Knight huh? Is he the one from the preview of next years Knights Kingdom or just one of the nameless dragon masters that fought in the battle for Orion?
\

He's, you know, that RPer that pops in every now and then these days, started posting in 2004, and has been active mainly in the Great Fright Knights and KK1 Saga, particularly in the adventure into Dark Forest island territory, where they met Klonebric. Right now he mainly concentrates on his main character, Umgonfadricks Alfaux Legosperes, the angst-ridden half-ork half-giant sea squid. I think he can be found at Grid #-& right now, in the Big Happy Hour Bar, with his girlfriend, Miss Pretty.

Okay, more seriously now, I have had WAY too much fun writing this post. This is getting to be a chronic problem, somebody stop me!!!

:roll: