Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: May 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Well, actually, the mods asked me to end it soon. :? But if you really want to know, I'll give 'em for ya:

Varras made Ciroal pull back her troops, so his troops could take the WP part on the Fell Isle. Then, he took control of bussiness and let Ciroal thrown in prison. Now, Swift has send a guy to gather the ntive tribes and to prepare for an assault on the Spire. Another thing, Varras is a really powerfull Dark Warlock, there's no way you can kill him easy. That's where Swift comes in, he's destined to vanquish Varras back to megablocks.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Ok. Sure, the storyline can be wrapped up, but I'll give a few points here:

1. What happened to Houndstooth? Dead?
2. Who will lead the Wolfpack? Perhaps it shouldn't be Willem...
3. I'd like to see Ciroal escape - she is Wolfpack, after all. I'll write that if you don't mind.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Devari wrote:Ok. Sure, the storyline can be wrapped up, but I'll give a few points here:

1. What happened to Houndstooth? Dead?
2. Who will lead the Wolfpack? Perhaps it shouldn't be Willem...
3. I'd like to see Ciroal escape - she is Wolfpack, after all. I'll write that if you don't mind.
Alright, Devari, it's nice to see you back, but I feel compelled to point out a few things to you that have changed in your absence.

First and foremost is the MNPC changes: in essence, all country-ruling characters are being turned into Moderator- Non-Player Characters. This is a phased-in change, so all owners of king-characters have until October 1st, 2005 (approx. 6 months from the announcement of the rule) to either hand over their character as an MNPC, or else to create and finish a plot that removes that character from the throne so that he can continue in adventures unobstructed.

This rule applies to Moderators as well as regular members. Nathan has already handed Bjarn over to MNPC-dom, thus terminating his adventuring, for good. At the same time, he is setting into motion a plot to remove Lord Void from power, so that his sorceror can go on down wicked things without the constraints of being an MNPC.

The reason for creating this rule is to prevent the Roleplay from becoming about wars. The Roleplay is only 14 months old, and it has already seen a local war, a world war, and now a civil war. Having wars and major, sweeping political plots like this really hampers the abilities of Roleplayers to adventure wherever they want in Dametreos, and is not in the spirit of the Roleplay as it was formed.

Therefore, the Moderators will henceforth be enforcing the no war/faction-wide plots rules. We will delete posts/reprimand users as need be to enforce these rules.

I don't know if this affects your characters and plans or not. If it does, or you're not sure, post here, and I (or another Mod) will let you know if it can fit the new rules, and in what way.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

I was kind of thinking about seeing Willem either killed or permanently removed from power...

I read about the MNPC changes - on one hand I think it is quite a good idea. However, the one nice thing is that the large-scale conflicts have provided quite a fodder for epic role-playing. However, perhaps the old days of the "Misfits" is what we should strive for...

I suppose I should apologize for setting into motion another political plot. :D Originally I had planned to make this Wolfpack-only, but unfortunately I didn't have any time to write and it developed into another all-consuming war.

[edit] There is, of course, the possibility of having the Wolfpack as a special faction constantly in internal strife (which is consistent with what has been going on), providing it does not spill over off the Fell Ilse. But perhaps even that is too risky.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Devari wrote:I was kind of thinking about seeing Willem either killed or permanently removed from power...
Heh, you’ll never believe this but I had pretty much the same idea a while back. Here’s a quote:
Oh and about this Fell war re-run thing... I kinda thought that it would be cool if the good guys lost the war. I mean, with the falcons becoming sorta good and all it would be cool to see another evil faction arise. William could have that same thing Barbod has going for him. Maybe hiding in his own country, trying to help his subjects as they under go the trials of the lady's reign. I don't know...
Well I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do. Have fun!
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

I like the way you think. :)

I'm still kind of attached to Willem, but I'd rather not see him in power - something tells me that the spirit of his character just doesn't fit with stability.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Devari wrote:I was kind of thinking about seeing Willem either killed or permanently removed from power...
Either way, you'll be in compliance with the rules: killing off or removing from power will keep the character wholly within your domain.
Devari wrote:I read about the MNPC changes - on one hand I think it is quite a good idea. However, the one nice thing is that the large-scale conflicts have provided quite a fodder for epic role-playing. However, perhaps the old days of the "Misfits" is what we should strive for...
Exactly!!! The "Misfits Era" is the perfect example of what we are looking for: wide-ranging, fun adventures. They meddled in politics, but never to the point that war broke out, or even of causing faction-wide shock waves.
Devari wrote:I suppose I should apologize for setting into motion another political plot. :D Originally I had planned to make this Wolfpack-only, but unfortunately I didn't have any time to write and it developed into another all-consuming war.
Well, we didn't do anything to stop you, and it wasn't illegal at the time. We did, a bit belatedly to be sure, take measures to contain it to the Wolfpack territories, cutting off access from the other Forestdweller kingdoms, and forbidding any other factions to get involved.
Devari wrote:[edit] There is, of course, the possibility of having the Wolfpack as a special faction constantly in internal strife (which is consistent with what has been going on), providing it does not spill over off the Fell Ilse. But perhaps even that is too risky.
I don't think that we want to see the Wolfpack as a permanently fighting nation. I wouldn't mind (but this a personal opinion, and Nathan should weigh in on it) having the Wolfpack as a constantly-scheming nation. Never actually DOING anything to cause a war, etc. But I think it would be neat to have a nation where everything was for sale, and all sorts of shady deals could be cut. But there would still need to be a central Wolfpack power, to act as sort of a chief power broker/police force, to make sure that Roleplayer who wants to have a more-or-less peaceful stopover can do so.

However, the way to effect such a change isn't really through declarations by the admins, but by the posting of the members. If the chief posts in the Wolfpack area all consisted of money-laundering and hiring mercenaries, the whole nation would likely take on a shady air. In the much the same way have the Classics become snobby and such, and the Dragon Masters (at least the mainlanders) brutish and somewhat backward.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~

EDITED to fix quote
Last edited by Formendacil on Mon May 09, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

I suppose that Willem SHOULD become ruler again. However, there is a certain wandering spirit to his character that just wouldn't be satisfied with staying in one place. (Speaking of which, I think that Daggerfall Spire should be abandoned at the end of the storyline. Too many bad things and memories there.)

Anyway, I just posted my first RP in 3 months. I'm a bit rusty, so bear with me. :)

If anyone doesn't like the direction Ciroal is going... Well, she is technically my character. ;)
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

You know, I got to thinking that if you have neither Ciroal or Willem as ruler after the war, you could have a really interesting plot as the two of them encounter each other on the same quest or something.

I imagine you know this by now (you ought to, anyway), but Willem is in Falconis City, keeping Graygon company as he refuses the Black Falcon throne.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Formendacil wrote:I imagine you know this by now (you ought to, anyway), but Willem is in Falconis City, keeping Graygon company as he refuses the Black Falcon throne.
Yeah, I managed to figure that out. He's sort of removed from whatever will happen now. :?

Judging from what I've read, Swift (who will end the plot) isn't quite at Daggerfall yet. I'm thinking of having the resistance attack Daggerfall, which would allow enough distraction that Swift could get through the city with less trouble.
Formendacil wrote:You know, I got to thinking that if you have neither Ciroal or Willem as ruler after the war, you could have a really interesting plot as the two of them encounter each other on the same quest or something.
Yeah, I wonder what would happen then. :D
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Hi Devari, welcome back!

About Houndstooth, nothing's been done with him at all since your post, so basically you can do anything with him.

The idea of the WP state always being in political flux is interesting, and it might work, but I think it would to much effort to be worth while.

I, personally, am loath to see Willem die, just because he's such a cool character! 8)

Having someone else on the WP throne other than Willem or Ciroal would be quite interesting, just be sure to wrap all the politics up by October 1st!
Devari wrote:
Formendacil wrote:I imagine you know this by now (you ought to, anyway), but Willem is in Falconis City, keeping Graygon company as he refuses the Black Falcon throne.
Yeah, I managed to figure that out. He's sort of removed from whatever will happen now. :?
I only brought Willem along to keep him safe from whoever's hunting him now. He isn't really needed to keep the BF political plot going, so he can leave anytime. In fact, he could go to Drullen Bell along with Katheryn to fetch Graygon's mother, and then he could head north to his homeland.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

My characters have been a bit too passive for my liking since the end of the Temple of Lost Stars epic, so I hope to start a new storyline soon. Do you have any ideas?
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Commander Redbeard wrote:My characters have been a bit too passive for my liking since the end of the Temple of Lost Stars epic, so I hope to start a new storyline soon. Do you have any ideas?
Ideas?

My problem is too many ideas...

Let's see if I can transplant a little bit of that problem to your characters.

Idea #1: A well-meaning, but desperate to escape Wolfpack con man slips over the Forestman border. Anardan (or Elacil, if you want to develop him) goes after him. WP con man slips out of Forestman lands into Crusader kingdom. Anardan pursues, and ends up in adventure.

Idea #2: Elacil's great-uncle, Lord De-Richie dies over on the Fell Isle. Elacil goes to claim his inheritance, with Anardan along to keep him company and attend the installation ceremony. Once at the De-Richie manor, Elacil discovers that a cousin from another line has claimed the baronial title. Fights, intrigue, etc, ensue as the two claimants (Elacil assisted by Anardan) fight for the title.

Idea #3: Anardan's brother, a useless drunk, shows up in his life after several years away, with a map he doesn't remember acquiring. Upon inspecting the map, Anardan learns that contains secret battle plans from the first Fell War. Anardan's brother dies shortly after, killed by an assassin. Elacil traces the assassin back to a group of rebel Forestmen and Dark Foresters who want to unite the two kingdoms under their own rule, using the clever battle plan originally developed by Grimtongue's Wolfpack for the quick conquest of the Dark Forest and Forestmen. Anardan and Elacil are sent by Bjarn to infiltrate the group's fortress, and capture the leader. Adventures ensue.

There you have it: three ideas right off the top of my head. And these all utilise Anardan and Elacil as the central players. The possibilities are even more limitless if you throw in some new characters to star in the story.

Hope some of that helps.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I would like the welcome a new CCRP member to our ranks: Sir Kohran!

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... ohran.html

Welcome, Sir Kohran! :D

Also, the main members page has been updated:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... mbers.html
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote: Also, the main members page has been updated:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... mbers.html
YOu might've updated the pages, but Swift's still listed "DEAD". Could you please change that?