Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: June 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Drake wrote:
Formendacil wrote:
Sir Drake wrote:Willem Blackcloak, true leader of the Wolfpack had arrived two days ago at Daggerfall, capitol of the Wolfpack. Today, he was getting coronated. All the representatives were at the official coronation at the cathedral.
After a half an hour, Willem proudly strode in, followed by some elite Wolfpack soldiers, clad in Wolfpack brown. At the altar, they stopped and lined up in two lines, between them, a priest walked, holding the Crown in his hands.
Then, the priest started to speak:
(Formendacil does the coronation stuff usually so I'll let it this for him)
I'll be happy to get to this at some point in the near future, Sir Drake, but I'm thinking that maybe the "priest" should be changed to "druid" or something.

Like "Christmas" (which we changed to Yuletide), it's a little too real-world religious.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Ok :wink: . I've changed it into 'holyman', is that good or should I change it into druid like you said?
How about "elder"....

It's a pretty nondescript term... Could be religious, could be secular, could a priest, could pretty much be anything...

Anyway, I'll try to get to that coronation in the next couple days, but we'll have to see. Coming up on diplomas REAL fast...
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Dragoman wrote:
Sir Kohran wrote:
Kjeld’s hand weakly grasped his son’s, and then, with one last breath, the king of the Royal Knights died.
No! This post, actually, almost had me in tears. Such an awful death... :(
Ya know, it kinda did for me too.

Why Cloak why!!! :x :cry: :wink:
Because he is evil! :twisted:

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Here's Solesstorn's finished bio, Nate: 8)

Name: Solesstorn
Age: After the destruction of his home, he forgot to carry on counting the years. The last number he can remember was 684 years.
Background: Solesstorn is silent about his past. All that is known about him is that he is not native to Dametreos, that he was forced to replace his left hand with an Undead one, and that, despite his considerable magic powers, he never gained the traditional Wizard's hat or hood given at graduation. The only other knowledge of him is that something in the past has made him a bitter, hard soul, and he has connections with some of the Dametreos inhabitants.
Faction: None
Place in Hierarchy: Rogue Wizard
Equipment: He owns a traditional iron wizard’s staff from his old home, which normally appears to be a simple iron cane. When he needs to use his magic, however, his staff end erupts in flame.
Other: Solesstorn has a strong resolve in his life now. He usually has a resolute, fixed expression on his face, and rarely shows any extreme forms of emotion, due to the suffering he endured. However, now he has a set goal in his life, he hides his pain, and wills himself on.
Looks: Despite a lifespan longer than other people, Solesstorn appears relatively young and strong. But his appearance is dimmed by the Undead hand he has, which also serves to keep his mission in mind.
Class: Main character

Picture:

Also, please put up this picture for Santis:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Name: Vaekadaer
Background: Vaekadaer was born with extremely unusual powers (see Other), and was soon discovered by a reclusive Fright Knight wizard known as Sorgodh. Sorgodh, an evil, self-seeking wizard, raised him as one of his tools, but Vaekadaer wants more.
Faction: Born a Falcon, raised a Fright Knight, loyal to none.
Place in Hierarchy: Batlord
Equipment: A sword with magical powers, which goes by the name of Cuthmort.
Other: As noted, Vaekadaer was born with some highly unusual powers. In sort, he is basically immune to magic. Not quite, but most magic reflects off of him, to the detriment of the one casting the spell. He has been trained as a great (and I mean, great!) warrior. While he has no innate magic of his own, his magical sword and magical "immunity" make him a real force to be reckoned with.
Looks: Tall, clean-shaven with black hair. Would be handsome in other walks of life. Exudes confidence and power. Mainly dressed in black and red.

Well, there he is gentlemen: my promised new bad guy. His pic is back on page 2, and I'm too lazy to repost it. Look to see his first, evil action, in the next day or so.
Last edited by Formendacil on Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Robin Hood wrote:”Someday, you will pay.” Lego thought toward the unknown killer.
And with that, all roleplaying of Lego is over for the time being. I now official make Lego the MNPC of the Royal Knights.

I will post later, once Cloak is taken care of (umm I mean...um....I didn't say anything), but for now, the whole Royal Knight thing is done. (Sigh) It was a short run, but Theodore will continue it.

I build, therefore I am.

Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I have some pics that you can add to my chars, Nathan:

First of all, a pic of Lhorn:

He has a sword and an axe in the picture, so could you change it in his bios, plz? :D

Second, a new pic of Swift (not entirely new, but an edited one):
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well I was re-reading the Misfits adventures (they have the greatest story starters. If I ever need inspriration, thats the place to go) and I came across a most interesting post.
kook wrote:Alex slowly paced up and down the city walls, now and again glancing over the wall just in case there was any sign of an enemy. "Alex, come here my boy," Conel Calkony was calling to Alex. He steadily ran to the general "yes sir" Alex asked "we have just received a Teloharm from an adventurer called Aros, he said that Dragon Masters were coming to attack us and to get ready for an air assault," Calkony rubbed his gray beard and told Alex the rest of Aros's story "now we have sent our fastest 'airflier to pick him up it should get there and back before even the dragons are here, when he gets here i want you to bring him up to the captain." Calkony was saying "Yes Sir," and Alex saluted to his conel and marched back to the walls and waited for the new arrival.
This was posted by Kook, the original poster and owner of Alex. He only ever posted nine times in the roleplay.

Anyway, you will notice this one line:
kook wrote:we have just received a Teloharm from an adventurer called Aros
Rather interesting don't you think? The first tel-O-harm was actually used by Aros to a Cruisader Colonel.

To the best of my knowledge, telaharms are only commonly used by Dragon Masters. In fact, I thought, apart from a few exceptions, that Dragon Masters were the only people to use em. Just something I picked up.

Thoughts? Comments?

I build, therefore I am.

TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

To the best of my knowledge, telaharms are only commonly used by Dragon Masters. In fact, I thought, apart from a few exceptions, that Dragon Masters were the only people to use em. Just something I picked up.
Nope. In the BloodVaine Period it says anyone who can use mana can use a teleharm and anyone who can't can still receive one.
Pythos and Belzzar being wizards would probley use them alot with managing their henchmen. 8)
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

TheOrk wrote:
Nope. In the BloodVaine Period it says anyone who can use mana can use a teleharm and anyone who can't can still receive one.
Pythos and Belzzar being wizards would probley use them alot with managing their henchmen. 8)
Ok, that sounds resonable, except for the fact that Aros sent it.

Are you saying that he can use mana?:P

I build, therefore I am.

TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

Hello again everyone,
I've got some more questions. I'm almost ready to join the Roleplay and here it says to email Nathan with the appropriate information. May I email him two characters in one email? Also it appears that members enter new characters in this thread. When I'm a member, should I present new characters in the planning thread instead of by email? Thanks again
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

TheBohrok wrote:Hello again everyone,
I've got some more questions. I'm almost ready to join the Roleplay and here it says to email Nathan with the appropriate information. May I email him two characters in one email? Also it appears that members enter new characters in this thread. When I'm a member, should I present new characters in the planning thread instead of by email? Thanks again
Well, first of all, it's great to hear that you're almost ready to join!

With regards to submitting characters is an either/or situation. You can submit them by email to Nathan, or you can just post them here. Most members, once establised, post all their newer characters here, if only because it allows them to get a bit more of a reaction from the others RPers.

I would suggest submitting your characters on this thread. Its just as valid as by email, and its more reliable, since Nathan has had quite a few email problems in the past. Two or three people have sent him emails, wanting to join, and he never knew about it until they complained here.

Furthermore, Nathan is gone for the rest of the week, and will not be back until Saturday night or else Monday morning. While we cannot update the members' page, we Moderators can give you the go ahead to start posting if you want to get started ASAP.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Ok, that sounds resonable, except for the fact that Aros sent it.

Are you saying that he can use mana?

Dan
I think any minifig has the ability to use Dametreos Magic.(check page one of dictionary) Some would be better then others and some don't have the ability at all, like say a drunken barbarian.

Lord Void uses Wild Magic(right?) and Pythos uses Megablock Magic. Those two I think you need alot more time to master let alone learn.

I know that if a normal minifig uses or is infected with Megablox it has some side affects that lead to many abilities that some consider to be unatural. :wink:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Name: Adrian M. Seojton
Background: From the village of Tols, an hour's cart ride north of Leidenheim, Adrian is a young man just graduated from his local schoolhouse. In his first summer as a man, he's taking a vacation to the ancient, populous kingdoms of the Old Continent.
Faction: Crusader
Place in Hierarchy: Son of a scribe
Equipment: Not really any
Looks: Just under six feet, with brown hair, a fairly solid build. Dresses conservatively, but inexpensively.
Class: Minor character

Name: Cate Slacs-Sicl
Background: The daughter of a great noble house in northern Classic LEGOland, Cate became acquainted with Hans Lentawl when studying for an exam in the Great Library. With rich relatives on an estate north of Leidenheim, Cate also became acquainted with Adrian last spring.
Faction: Classic LEGOlander
Place in Hierarchy: Rich heiress
Equipment: Not really any
Other: Lively and excitable, she has a "web" of contacts across Dametreos: people she knows or has met, from Kings to Gong Farmers.
Looks: About 5'9", Cate is fairly tall for a girl. With red hair tied back in a ponytail, she is pretty, if not in the beauty-queen category.
Class: Minor character

In honour of the occasion of the Great Ball about to occur, I'm giving Hans a couple of guests. Mostly, they're just a couple of kids more inserted for fun than for a permanent place in my plots, but they DO have an important (if short) part to play, and I may well bring them back in the future, if I find a place for them.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Interesting discussion on teleharming. This is how I understand how teleharming works:

Teleharming requires no skill with magic, be it Mana, Earth, or otherwise. It does require, however, some training to know how to use it. Anyone can send a teleharm (which takes skill and training) and anyone can recieve a teleharm (which requires no skill or training). The sender has to do all the work, somehow using his mind to connect to someone else (telepathically). Once the connection is made, the two persons communicate by simply thinking thoughts. The Dragon Masters, as I see it, are all trained on how to use a teleharm when they enter the army. The other nations don't do this. Therefore, teleharming is generally limited to Dragon Masters and magic-wielders. However, there is certainly no limit on who can use a teleharm. Bjarn, Viktor, Walf, they could all use teleharms if they wanted and were trained properly.

To everyone who submitted new characters: I'll try to get these up either today or tomorrow.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

Well here goes:

Name: Bishkar
Background: Bishkar has lived in the forest all his life. His only relative is his father who leads a quiet peaceful life away from war and other conflicts. Bishkar is skilled with a bow and hunts for survival.
Faction: Dark Forest
Place in Hierarchy: None
Equipment: Bow and Arrows
Looks: 1.85 meters tall, with long dark hair, beard, and travel garb.
Class: Main Character
Picture: Bishkar

Name: Hernius
Background: The long-time friend of Bishkar, Hernius is also of the Dark Forest realm. He is notable for killing a wild wolf with his bare hands that attacked Hernius, though he is also meek.
Faction: Dark Forest
Place in Hierarchy: None
Equipment: Sword and shield
Looks: 1.94 meters tall with long dark hair and clean-shaven face. He is strong and dresses like his fellow Dark Forestmen.
Pictures: Hernius