Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: June 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:In short, I've been busy. RP (unfortunatly) has taken a back seat. I've stated this before, I know - but I feel guilty for saying I'd do the recap and then not doing it. Who knows - maybe I can post a bit every now and then. We'll see what happens.

Well wishes to all

Nick
Sir Dillon wrote:Hey all,
Just wanted to note that I'll be away from the 28th of this month to the 3rd of July.
The Green Knight wrote:The good news, my comrades, is that I am going to return! The bad news is that it won't be back until at least the ninth of July. Yes, I too shall be leaving to the nether regions of this world, for the peace of family camps and summer conventions. So, fare thee well. TaTaForNow. Keep up the fight, and don't have too much fun without me. :wink:
Well, as long as you're back by July 11th, I don't think that you'll miss the fun.

Personally speaking, I doubt if it's really important to post if you'll be gone for a few days if you normally don't post daily anyway. Not to call anyone insignificant or anything, but I don't think we'll all panic if someone doesn't post on such and such a day.

That said... :oops: I'll be gone this weekend, Friday morning and/or noon until Monday morning. Grad Party!!! :D

:wink:
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I just wanted to metion, my finals are over, I should get my grades Thursday. It went pretty smooth, except for biology(stupid human body :evil: ). It was just to metion that I will be able to post about every day from now on.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Drake wrote:I just wanted to metion, my finals are over, I should get my grades Thursday. It went pretty smooth, except for biology(stupid human body :evil: ). It was just to metion that I will be able to post about every day from now on.
If you're going to be posting, Sir Drake, a fair bit about Aaylah, there's something I think I ought to point out about her that you've obviously got mixed up.

Voolmark isn't her father.

Fraun's parents died when he (and obviously Aaylah) were quite young, and they were raised by Voolmark. At no point did Forester- or anyone else- ever actually say Voolmark was their father, or that he called him that.

The reason I bring this up is that I don't think that Aaylah would call Voolmark her father anymore than Fraun would, and Fraun definitely didn't. Besides which, it's possible that you will confuse readers of the Roleplay by using incorrect terminology.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I knew Voolmark wasn't her father, if you're 'adopted', how would you call the fatherly figure in your life? I'll edit the posts to Voolmark.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Sir Drake wrote:If you're 'adopted', how would you call the fatherly figure in your life?
His name, which in this case is Voolmark. Besides, Voolmark never adopted Fraun and Aaylah. He simply became their mentor, similar to how Bjarn is to Reno and Shainya. But you don't see them calling him father, do you?
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... mbers.html

I've updated the members pages with new characters and new ages. I meant to do this long ago, but never got around to it. Now, all characters registered before Jan. 31 2005 are a year older. I plan to make this an annual event, updating all character ages every year.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... mbers.html

I've updated the members pages with new characters and new ages. I meant to do this long ago, but never got around to it. Now, all characters registered before Jan. 31 2005 are a year older. I plan to make this an annual event, updating all character ages every year.
Excellent idea!

I did that with my update of Elwen, Bernard, and Elbadar, so I hope you didn't do that to them...

I mean, Elbadar and Bernard might not have a problem, but one should never call a lady older than she is...
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Formendacil wrote:I did that with my update of Elwen, Bernard, and Elbadar, so I hope you didn't do that to them...

I mean, Elbadar and Bernard might not have a problem, but one should never call a lady older than she is...
Heheh. Nope, I figured that those three had had their ages updated already, so I skipped them, along with Cate, Adrian, and alll the other characters registered after Jan. 31.

A note: This isn't to say every CCRP character's birthday is limited to Jan. 31, it's just an easy time form me to annually up the age of all.

Also, I didn't increase the ages of those with "Unknown" listed (like, duh :P ), and I didn't increase the age of those with vague ages, like Sir Dractor, who's age is listed as "40...ish".
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Heheh. Nope, I figured that those three had had their ages updated already, so I skipped them, along with Cate, Adrian, and alll the other characters registered after Jan. 31.

A note: This isn't to say every CCRP character's birthday is limited to Jan. 31, it's just an easy time form me to annually up the age of all.

Also, I didn't increase the ages of those with "Unknown" listed (like, duh :P ), and I didn't increase the age of those with vague ages, like Sir Dractor, who's age is listed as "40...ish".
Well, I suppose you could have increased it to "41...ish". :P

Good to know. I didn't think that you had... I was just too lazy to look...
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Finally, I posted again. Man, I ought to post more... :oops:

Truth be told, however, I'm not quite sure how to progress at the moment. :? Any thoughts? Should I make some more interesting characters?
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Sir Kohran wrote:Truth be told, however, I'm not quite sure how to progress at the moment. :? Any thoughts? Should I make some more interesting characters?
I'd reccomend agaisnt creating new characters just because you're in a plot bind. I did the same after the BVE when Bjarn was healing and not much else was going one: I created Viktor. Then, the Lost Stars Chronicle started, and Viktor lay ignored for months until the Chronicle was complete and I had some time to work with him.

I say, just dally about until the Ball comes around. I think that's what everyone else is doing as well, hence the slow-down of posts. All my characters are poised waiting for the Ball, and I have very little to RP about (save Viktor and Rosa, who also are doing a lot of nothing right now).

I'm certain, with all these different characters mxing together, something interesting is bound to happen.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Kohran wrote:Finally, I posted again. Man, I ought to post more... :oops:

Truth be told, however, I'm not quite sure how to progress at the moment. :? Any thoughts? Should I make some more interesting characters?
Ideas?

Dude! Don't say that! I'll go nuts...

So. You have Santis, Jaythus, and Solesstorn kicking around... waiting for something to do...

We can work with this!

First off, I think I'll leave Solesstorn alone. You can probably have a basic idea as to his background and his goal in Dametreos, and you can mine that for what it's worth. Besides, I think Jaythus and Santis are far more interesting.

Jaythus is an ambassador. Do you realise what that means? Carte blanc to go traipsing all over Dametreos. And with Santis sent along to keep him safe, you've got things going already.

Scenario #1: Jaythus goes to the Ball. While there, King Matthias hears about a diamond mine in the Falcon Isles. Wanting more business for the famed Morcian jewel-cutters, Matthias sends Jaythus and Santis to Peregrine in the Falcon Isles to negotiate a business deal. While there, he discovers that the diamond mine is in the hands of a former follower of the Marquis D'Durlass, a corrupt Baron- who wants the jewels for his own profit, and not that of the Queen. Jaythus and Santis have adventures infiltrating the baron's organisation, and bringing charges against him, all while they fight the KK2 stereotype.

Scenario #2: At the ball, King Matthias promises Willem Blackcloak a dozen magnificient rubies for his throne, a gift in the interests of peace. Ambassador Jaythus and his companion Sir Santis are sent to Daggerfall with the gems. However, they are waylaid by bandits- rogues who used to serve George Houndstooth, who steal the gems. Jaythus and Santis chase after them, sneaking into the secretive life of an isolated Wolfpack tribe. Taken as members of the Houndstooth Clan, they end up fleeing Willem's men in order to maintain their cover.

Scenario #3: Jaythus is appointed the Eastern Knight's Kingdom's first ambassador to Ninjara. Upon arriving in the isolated kingdom, he meets a dying heiress who gives him a cryptic message. With the help of Santis, he discovers that it leads to an ancient fortress in the Ninja part of Boranis Dracis. There once lay the golden suit of armour belonging to a long-dead king. Jaythus goes out to find it, but is thwarted every step of the way by the men of the Shogun, who has been hiding the armour for many years for dark and mysterious reasons...

Well, there's a bunch of ideas. I'm sure I could come up with more, but I think that's enough to go on for the moment. Feel free to use/ignore any/all ideas. I won't be offended any way. :wink: