Roleplay Shadow Knight Discussion

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

TheOrk wrote:I'm just saying the Dragon Masters are more bloodthirsty then any other civialized faction(maybe even the Fright Knights)
Ha! The Dragon Masters rock and you ALL know it! And they're perfect foil fer those tree huggin Forestmen. Mwahahahahahahahahah! Mwahahahahahahahahaha! Mwahahahehawgufawsnortpickle! :twisted:
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, it wouldn’t be that bad if some Shadow Knights had a kinda brute quality to them. I mean I kinda have already done that with Theron. I just don’t want to make the Shadow Knights in to like the Dragon Masters 2 or a malicious orc like people. I would prefer them being a faction mostly of their own, but as long as it antiquely explains why the Shadow Knights haven’t been seen too much in the RP, I don’t really mind it so much anymore.
Formendacil wrote:
Dragoman wrote: Actually, I was think that maybe The Vindicator could fill that rule and Vladek could be an extremist Shadow Lord who converted from the KK2 like Jedrek did with the KK1. but he now has a grudge against his former faction for a similar reason to that of the official LEGO story.
If you want to do that, go right ahead, that would be an awesome plot to follow. I, if no others, would be interested in reading up on it.
If he doesn’t become an MNPC and no one else takes him, I will.
By the way, would most people prefer Vladek in charge? I personally would prefer not because I don’t want to just do a carbon copy of the official LEGO story, plus it leaves him open to a lot more plots. But if most want him to be an MNPC, I can live with it and I (or any one else for that matter) can make it happen real fast.
The Green Knight wrote:Ha! The Dragon Masters rock and you ALL know it! And they're perfect foil fer those tree huggin Forestmen. Mwahahahahahahahahah! Mwahahahahahahahahaha! Mwahahahehawgufawsnortpickle! :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have no problem with Dragon Masters. They’re a big part of what influenced me to choose my username. Actually I think it would be cool to some how have a kind of feud between the Dragon Masters and the Shadow Knight.

Oh the possibilities… :twisted:
"a man will give his life for a mystery, but not a question mark."
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Dragoman wrote:Actually, now that I’m thinking about it, it wouldn’t be that bad if some Shadow Knights had a kinda brute quality to them. I mean I kinda have already done that with Theron. I just don’t want to make the Shadow Knights in to like the Dragon Masters 2 or a malicious orc like people. I would prefer them being a faction mostly of their own, but as long as it antiquely explains why the Shadow Knights haven’t been seen too much in the RP, I don’t really mind it so much anymore.
Actually, factions with a good dose of "bad" to them can be a lot more interesting than factions that are all good, because when you get a "good" character from a "bad" faction, you have a really delicious combination to RP.
Dragoman wrote:
Formendacil wrote:
Dragoman wrote: Actually, I was think that maybe The Vindicator could fill that rule and Vladek could be an extremist Shadow Lord who converted from the KK2 like Jedrek did with the KK1. but he now has a grudge against his former faction for a similar reason to that of the official LEGO story.
If you want to do that, go right ahead, that would be an awesome plot to follow. I, if no others, would be interested in reading up on it.
If he doesn’t become an MNPC and no one else takes him, I will.
By the way, would most people prefer Vladek in charge? I personally would prefer not because I don’t want to just do a carbon copy of the official LEGO story, plus it leaves him open to a lot more plots. But if most want him to be an MNPC, I can live with it and I (or any one else for that matter) can make it happen real fast.
Whoever the leader of the Shadow Knights is, he (assuming its a he) will automatically be an MNPC. But if Vladek is just a high-level member, or the leader of a part of the faction, then he's a free character.
Dragoman wrote:
The Green Knight wrote:Ha! The Dragon Masters rock and you ALL know it! And they're perfect foil fer those tree huggin Forestmen. Mwahahahahahahahahah! Mwahahahahahahahahaha! Mwahahahehawgufawsnortpickle! :twisted:

I have no problem with Dragon Masters. They’re a big part of what influenced me to choose my username. Actually I think it would be cool to some how have a kind of feud between the Dragon Masters and the Shadow Knight.

Shadow Knights will never be as awesome as the Dragon Masters. NEVER. Although they might come close, they can never beat a proper-colour-coordinated Dragon Master with those Dragon Plumes.

NEVER. :twisted:
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Formendacil wrote:
Dragoman wrote:

Shadow Knights will never be as awesome as the Dragon Masters. NEVER. Although they might come close, they can never beat a proper-colour-coordinated Dragon Master with those Dragon Plumes.

NEVER. :twisted:
We’ll just have to see about that now wont we. :twisted:
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

thought we should talk about this here seeing how it discuses the Shadow Knights
Sir Kohran wrote:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Just updating the list again:

Crusaders: King Robert (MNPC)
Classic LEGOland: Emperor Constantius VII (MNPC)
Dragon Masters: Lord Void (Main Character)
Forestmen: Lord Bjarn (MNPC)
Dark Foresters: Queen Arabella Louis Fornsir (MNPC)
Black Knights: King Sirion (Main Character)
Black Falcons: Queen Helen Tillshire-Falconis (MNPC)
Knights Kingdom I: King Leo (MNPC)
Knights Kingdom II: King Matthias (MNPC)
Fright Knights: She-Of-The-Barrow (MNPC)
Wolfpack: King Willem Blackcloak (MNPC)
Royal Knights: King Lego (MNPC)
Bull Knights: Lord Barbod (MNPC)
Shadow Knights: unspecified (MNPC)
Ninja: unspecified (MNPC)

That leaves Lord Void and King Sirion to be converted or replaced by October 5th.
That's good and well, but surely Vladek should be the leader of the Shadow Knights, just like King Leo or Mathias is?
You know, if you want him to be an MNPC, all you have to do is RP him as one.

But can I just make a point that if he dose become an MNPC, he can’t really do anything to the Eastern Knights (at least not directly).
Why I thought it would make more since if he was a high-level extremist Shadow Lord rather then the head boss, is because he could keep what essentially makes Vladek, Vladek, but like I said before if you want him that way than make him that way.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Time for some random thoughts :wink:
You know, if you want him to be an MNPC, all you have to do is RP him as one.

But can I just make a point that if he dose become an MNPC, he can’t really do anything to the Eastern Knights (at least not directly).
Why I thought it would make more since if he was a high-level extremist Shadow Lord rather then the head boss, is because he could keep what essentially makes Vladek, Vladek, but like I said before if you want him that way than make him that way.
I've been looking around an there are potentially four(or five) leaders for the Shadow Knights.

There's the Shadow King from the chess set(didn't Lone Ranger kill him?)

Vladek the first(black armoured KK2:2004 Version)

Vladek the second(red armoured kk2:2005 Version)

Either Vladek could fit as 2# has been mentioned before.

Number four(I forgot the name) is that guy who was head of the council Theron talked to, maybe not the main leader but obviously somebody important.

Number five which has a weaker case then any of the others is the "Great Sorcerer" if he is the char Vermicus then no, but since TLG hasn't revealed him yet, if ever it's still open.

Then of course as it has been said, it's just a council of various people.

I'll stop ranting now :wink:
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Sorry if I'm opening a dead topic but I would like to do a plot with the Shadow Knights:

After Lord Inion was banished from Dametreos and evil was pushed back, the still powerful Shadow Knights ran from the would. Using magic they dug deep under the kingdom now known as The Eastern Knights’ Kingdom and made a great city underground. Once there were many tunnels leading up and out of the city of shadow. But now all are lost and forgoten except for one cave wich leads down into the underworld (based on "I think they even have a fortress in O-13" this cave would be in O-13).

The Shadow Knights follow the "Shadow King". That is the title the King assumes when gaining the throne. However, it is really the "priests" (for lack of a better name) who rule the underworld. The whole line of "priests" go by the title of Vladek.

They are a race that has pity on their enemys and are not "evil". But they have never forgoten the years when the The Inion Clan ruled. And they wish for the time when they can come out of the shadows.
--------------

Tell me what you guys think about that and if it's OK to start Role Playing it. Also, were can I read about this council?

Edit: And how much time has gone by in the CCRP world since my girl last made an apperence.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

jamitjames wrote:Sorry if I'm opening a dead topic but I would like to do a plot with the Shadow Knights:

After Lord Inion was banished from Dametreos and evil was pushed back, the still powerful Shadow Knights ran from the would. Using magic they dug deep under the kingdom now known as The Eastern Knights’ Kingdom and made a great city underground. Once there were many tunnels leading up and out of the city of shadow. But now all are lost and forgoten except for one cave wich leads down into the underworld (based on "I think they even have a fortress in O-13" this cave would be in O-13).

The Shadow Knights follow the "Shadow King". That is the title the King assumes when gaining the throne. However, it is really the "priests" (for lack of a better name) who rule the underworld. The whole line of "priests" go by the title of Vladek.

They are a race that has pity on their enemys and are not "evil". But they have never forgoten the years when the The Inion Clan ruled. And they wish for the time when they can come out of the shadows.
Well, this plot idea of yours strongly smacks of warmongering. Please note that new rules instituted last spring prohibit excessive warmaking. Battles must be confined to local areas and not include an entire faction's military forces.
Jamitjames wrote:Tell me what you guys think about that and if it's OK to start Role Playing it. Also, were can I read about this council?
Before you can start Roleplaying any plot, you need a character. If you intend to resurrect Jainess, then you could start right now, assuming that you stick to the Roleplay rules. However, if you want a new character(s), then you need to register him/her/them on the Planning Thread, and await approval from Nathan before starting to Roleplay.

Normally, when adding to your character stash, it isn't necessary to wait for explicit approval, but since you are returning after a year and some months' absence, you are basically being treated as a newcomer, especially in the light of the new rules instituted.
Jamitjames wrote:Edit: And how much time has gone by in the CCRP world since my girl last made an apperence.
Time in the Roleplay is the same as time in Real Life (pretty much). If you were to write a RP post, it would likely be October 4th, 2005, C.C.

To find out how long it's been, find your last post, and do the math.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Last edited by Formendacil on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Well, this plot idea of yours strongly smacks of warmongering. Please note that new rules instituted last spring prohibit excessive warmaking. Battles must be confined to local areas and not include an entire faction's military forces.
That stinks :x . So much for that idea.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]