PLz help me understand

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Ayden
Apprentice

PLz help me understand

Post by Ayden »

I have read the rules of the game but I just dont understand them! Wil somone plz let me know what I do to play. Do I just post random stories or is there moe to it thatn I think? :x
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I had a hard time understanding what you wrote, but I'll give a shot at what I think you said.

Well, you basically make a few characters for yourself, and post their adventures in Dametros (thats the land where the adventures happen). Time in the land basically is the same as time here. Thats the very basic idea. The mods and admin will fill you in on the details.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Ayden
Apprentice

Post by Ayden »

Ok so I basically just write any random adventure about MY characters. And I'm suposed to have more than 1 character? And they are all teamed and have adventures together? And I just randomly select there starting postion? Ok I think I understand. 2 more questions. How demenetd and twisted can a character be(in a good way not a nasty way. Like a courtjester with a alrge key to hit things and people with)? And is it posible for me to discover new lands like some island with a giant chess board of doom ect ect?
eNiGMa
Justiciar

Post by eNiGMa »

Ayden wrote:Ok so I basically just write any random adventure about MY characters. And I'm suposed to have more than 1 character? And they are all teamed and have adventures together? And I just randomly select there starting postion? Ok I think I understand. 2 more questions. How demenetd and twisted can a character be(in a good way not a nasty way. Like a courtjester with a alrge key to hit things and people with)?
You can have as many characters as you want, as far as I know. Yes, you do write a random adventure for them (that's the fun of it), but it's recommended that you have them interact with other players' characters somehow.

As for the dementation, I think the more twisted a character is, the more fun it is to read (and write, in your case) their adventures.

I'm actually not a roleplayer, so if there's anything I missed, there's of course gonna be a moderator or someone to straighten things up.
Nathan Cunningham
[url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] | [url=https://www.facebook.com/nathan.cunningham.9]Facebook[/url] | [url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html]MOCs[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Ayden wrote:Ok so I basically just write any random adventure about MY characters.
Short answer: No. The adventure can be random, but it also can be planned. Also, you can have other persons' characters part of your plot. It's called autoing.
Ayden wrote:And I'm suposed to have more than 1 character?
You can 1, 2, 5, 10, as many as you like.
Ayden wrote:And they are all teamed and have adventures together?
They can be in teams, or they can go on adventures seperately.
Ayden wrote:And I just randomly select there starting postion?
Yes.
Ayden wrote:Ok I think I understand. 2 more questions. How demenetd and twisted can a character be(in a good way not a nasty way. Like a courtjester with a alrge key to hit things and people with)?
As evil and demented as you like (within reason).
Ayden wrote:And is it posible for me to discover new lands like some island with a giant chess board of doom ect ect?
No.

Now that I have answered all of your questions, I have one of my own: how old are you?
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Ayden
Apprentice

Post by Ayden »

I am 15 to going on 16. God! My sisters are watching sound of music and now I have that dumb song stuck in my head. Lol. just out of curiosty y do u wnt to know my age? did I do sumthin bad?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Ayden wrote:I am 15 to going on 16. God! My sisters are watching sound of music and now I have that dumb song stuck in my head. Lol. just out of curiosty y do u wnt to know my age? did I do sumthin bad?
Perhaps plain curiousity? Maybe we have bet going on? (Do we guys? :wink: )

Typically, someone who goes around saying potentially offensive things like "doG" (reverse the letters and see what I mean), uses "LOL" in a regular posting, uses "y" and "u" and "sumthin" turns out to be closer to 13, and possibly underage issues, than someone who is definitely in the clear on that issue (such as a 44-year-old Baby Boomer).

In essense the CCRP is an open-ended storyline. The world in which it is set (Dametreos) is a big open world for Roleplayers to tell their character's stories.

This is not a game of winning or losing, a game with rules like "elves have 3+++ arrow power with 2++ shielding and 4+ magic and 9+++ coolness factor". It is about storytelling. So perhaps "Roleplay" is a slight misnomer in this case, although one could easily defend the idea that it is not.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator and Fan of The Sound of Music~
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Typically, someone who goes around saying potentially offensive things like "doG" (reverse the letters and see what I mean), uses "LOL" in a regular posting, uses "y" and "u" and "sumthin" turns out to be closer to 13, and possibly underage issues, than someone who is definitely in the clear on that issue (such as a 44-year-old Baby Boomer).
Hey! I'm only fourteen going on fifteen, and you don't hear me shouting "plz say (what) r u 0n bout!!!11!!"

:wink:
I have read the rules of the game but I just dont understand them! Wil somone plz let me know what I do to play. Do I just post random stories or is there moe to it thatn I think?
The CCRP isn't played in an online gaming world like RuneScape or World of Warcraft. It's done by text instead.

Your characters don't have to start together, but it might be better to do that at least for the staart.

Of course, those are just my thoughts.
Ayden
Apprentice

Post by Ayden »

wen i say twisted and demented i dont mean evil demented. think of it as alice in wonderland meets d.r. suese and then have tim burton direct it. :lol:
eNiGMa
Justiciar

Post by eNiGMa »

Ayden wrote:wen i say twisted and demented i dont mean evil demented. think of it as alice in wonderland meets d.r. suese and then have tim burton direct it. :lol:
:shock: Start roleplaying, I have to see this! Besides, we all know that that's the best kind of demented....
Nathan Cunningham
[url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com]Blog[/url] | [url=https://www.facebook.com/nathan.cunningham.9]Facebook[/url] | [url=http://sly-pig.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html]MOCs[/url]
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

Hey! I'm only fourteen going on fifteen, and you don't hear me shouting "plz say (what) r u 0n bout!!!11!!"
neither do i, and i'm only almost 14
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Kohran wrote:

:wink:
No, and I am quite thankful that many, if not most, people that age do not. The fact remains however, that someone with those hallmarks has a tendency to be someone on the much younger side as opposed to the older side. Probably because most people over 20 remember the days when spelling had to be done by oneself and not a spellchecker.
eNiGMa wrote:
Ayden wrote: wen i say twisted and demented i dont mean evil demented. think of it as alice in wonderland meets d.r. suese and then have tim burton direct it.
Start roleplaying, I have to see this! Besides, we all know that that's the best kind of demented....
If you do chose to join, Ayden, please remember to familiarise yourself with the Roleplay rules, to read up on the recent months of Roleplay posts (and to have a basic knowledge of earlier months), and to submit your characters to Nathan before posting.

Like any story, consistency is an important thing here. A failure to follow the above guidelines could result in major inconsistencies, which would result in the removal/deletion of your posts.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Ayden
Apprentice

Post by Ayden »

Ok I sent a letter to nathen like about 3-5 days ago and I still havent heard back. Do I just start playing now?
Oh ok. Im just a lazy typer and am used to playing online games wen u usually type everything short so u can say what your gona say and be done with it. I'll try and work on typing normal.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Ayden wrote:Ok I sent a letter to nathen like about 3-5 days ago and I still havent heard back. Do I just start playing now?
Oh ok. Im just a lazy typer and am used to playing online games wen u usually type everything short so u can say what your gona say and be done with it. I'll try and work on typing normal.
Short answer: No, you cannot just start posting.

Longer answer: Before you can start posting you have to:

a) Read the Classic-Castle Roleplay's most recent 6 months, recaps for previous months, and all the Archives. Better get started, it may take you a while.

b) Read all the character descriptions, entries in the Dictionary, view all the illustrations, and look at the Map.

c) Wait for your character(s) to be approved by the Admin before posting.

Please note that Nathan has occasionally had email problems, and that he DOES have a life, and consequently may not check a not-too-much-used account very often.

Failure to comply with the above will result in a rejection of your application and/or banning from the CCRP.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~