Classic-Castle Roleplay: July 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Re: Trade Fair Opening Post

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:"But the servants have the day off," said Cate, with a puppy dog face, "and I'll really need help bringing back that sofa. Please boys?"

"Sofa!" Hans and Adrian said together.

A hour later, Hans and Adrian were struggling under the weight of a rather weighty sofa.

"Oh thank you, boys!" Cate gushed. "You guys are lifesavers."
Grid: J-10

Hans went red and grinned. Adrian snorted and hefted his end higher. With much swearing (muted so Lady Cate couldn’t hear), sweating and grunting, the two adolescents managed to heave the sofa onto the back of the carriage and lash it tight. As they checked the ropes for a final time, Adrian murmured, “Besotted, you are, Hans. I saw that look.”

Hans grumbled something unintelligible. They made their way to the front of the carriage, where Cate was waiting for them, not in the carriage itself, but up on top, where the driver usually sat.

“Jump up, boys!” she called, snapping the reigns and causing the horses to rear slightly.

Hans and Adrian glanced at one another.

“I didn’t…er…know you knew how to drive a carriage.” said Adrian.

Cate laughed.

“Of course I do, silly!” she said, “My Grandpapa taught me when I was ten!”

With a look of trepidation at one another, Hans and Adrian climbed aboard.

“Hold on!” cried Cate, and snapped the reigns again. The horses reared, and galloped forward. Adrian and Hans barely kept from shrieking while Cate whooped. The Tudor-style and wattle-and-daub houses flashed by as the Slacs-Sicl carriage charged down 49th Boulevard. The trip was over very quickly. Cate pulled on the reigns and the horses nearly sat down in their effort to stop. Hans and Adrian were flung forward, but Cate braced herself with her feet and jumped elegantly off the carriage with a girlish bounce.

“I’ll set out some tea and crumpets!” she called as she dashed to the door of the manor, holding up her skirts, “You boys just bring the sofa in!”

As Cate disappeared inside, Hans and Adrian slid from the carriage, groaning.

“When’s my vacation over?” muttered Adrian, untying knots, “I long for the peacefulness of Tols.”

Hans laughed.

“One thing I’ve learned about being friends with Cate,” he said as they both hoisted the sofa up, “is that it’s dangerous to one’s health.”

“And yet we don’t run away.” said Adrian wryly, backing up and stumbling over the steps, “We are major suckers.”

“Aye.”
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

J-10 Orion, a tavern near Millennial Park

Kale listened intently to Valric’s drunken ranting for little more over an hour. It soon became clear after the first five minutes that Kale wasn’t going to get anymore unless he asked him in person. That was out of the question. Kale had severed all ties with Pythos and that was that.

Radu came back looking pleased with himself. “Alright, it’s getting late now, the master will have heads if we do not report back to him.”

Kale sighed, he couldn’t understand these Fright Knights. Getting up the two existed without a sound. Kale eyed Valric and Theodore out of the corner of his eye until the tavern door closed, cutting them off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L-12 Castle Dracul

It was a beautiful summer day, the type seldom seen in the Batlands. Small wild flowers cropped up amongst bright green grass. That was a site not to common there. The dark hulk of Castle Dracul stood out clearly. It’s shadowy bulk sucked all the good out of the landscape, replacing it with well placed dread.

Pythos stood atop one of the many balconies. He sat down in a comfortable padded chair admiring the land that was now his. Taking a deep gulp of some chilled wine from the dusty old cellar, a slave brought him his daily report.

Pythos laughing out loud in a manical tone as he read the parchment. Madness was always an old friend of his. Now her icy tendrils enveloped him. But if that was the price of using the megablox, so be it. Many of the slaves he put to work in the dungeon had felt the taint seep out the very building materials. Some had been driven insane, some had developed some interesting side affects were the minifig’s respective pieces had warped to odd angles. If that was the price of building with the megablox, so be it.

Ever since Count Belzzar had left for Orion Pythos had been operating openly. He created megablox bricks and the slaves set about building the construct.

Soon all of Dametreos would tremble in terror of his might!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

L-12 Castle Dracul Dungeon

Pythos nodded in approval. The portal was nearing completion. The original that served as the foundation was destroyed not many years ago. The same thing that destroyed the portal had slain Count Heindrich Dracul in the process.

It was a pity Pythos no longer had the enchanted blade that did the deed. It was a worthy weapon for Sir Weigraf. Now that same fool had the blade back in his possession. Pythos would have to deal with Valric. In due time however. Hopefully that drunken buffoon would kill himself before hand.

“Master?…” Pythos turned to see an elite Fright Knight at his feet.

“Rise” Replied Pythos.

“Master, another slave has contracted the sickness of limbs…”

“Put him down!” He snapped irritably. “What else have you to report?”

“Nothing of grave importance master. The hill orcs have been very active recently.”

Pythos turned from the half complete portal to stare at him “Send a party of elites out to disperse them.”

“It shall be done master.” The elite slammed his fist against his chest, a Fright Knight style of salute and walked off. Pythos nodded slowly to himself.

Soon all would be in readiness and he would rise up from his useless existance as a minifig and take his place as the conqerer of Dametreos. Then the whole world, then at last he would take his rightful place as the ruler of the Gods themselves!

Pythos existed the dungeons, walking in the great hall, a dozen servants ran todo his bidding. He waved them away, accept for one. “Summon all of Captain Radu’s officers!” He barked.

Pythos flopped down on Belzzar’s, his throne. Moments later three men walked into the chamber and knelt at his feet. One wore a full suit of armour and had a snooty air about him. The other two wore plain cloth but had wicked swords at hand. “What do you command master?” The three said in unison.

Pythos smiled, they all were his now. “I have a task for all of you my servants. Felriz!” He motioned to one in plain clothes. “The orcs have troubled us for too long. Take a party out and disperse them.”

“Yes master!” Replied Felgriz, he saluted and stalked out the hall.

“Galaz” Pythos motioned to other clothed man, “I am about to make a journey by myself, I’m charging you with overseeing the operation.” The Fright Knight saluted and left.

Pythos turned to the last man, in armour. “Rayok what is the condition of the army?”

The Fright Knight named Rayok was a average built minifig whose face was lined with deep scars that locked his face in a sneer. “Master! Belzzar’s standing garrison has three hundred of the some of the finest troops in the land. Among the regional outposts and garrisons are over a thousand well trained, well equiped, battle tested warriors. They still acknowledge Belzzar master. Among those who are gathering are just a thousand. More will come as your greatness spreads.”

“Of course…” Laughed Pythos. He had bought Rayok’s soul without having to resort to magic.

“Those men have been given light armour, spears and shields. Once their basic training is complete I can begin to divide them into different groups.”

“You have done well Rayok. You shall be among those who will receive the crowns of the rulers of Dametreos as soon as their previous owners are destroyed.” With that Rayok left, leaving Pythos deep in thought.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Otto crested the last hill - one of several that surrounded the city of Orion to the north and east. He paused for a moment, resting on his weather-beaten staff while at the same time wiggling his shoulders a bit to adjust his towering pack filled with a variety of items - mostly an odd assortment of the latest in kitchen utensils, straight from the ever innovative mind back in Falconis City.

He had done much since his curious encounter with Bjarn five months ago. For awhile he spent time in Crusader territory, making whatever profit he could until a month ago. Then, he had made his way to Falconis City, securing a sizable load of goods for a good bargan in wake of the plauge that had swept the nation. He had originally planned to head south torwards the Western Knight Kingdomers, but on hearing of the massive trade fair being held in Orion, he had appropiatly shifted his course to a more Westward direction.

By the time he entered the city, it was early afternoon, and a hot one at that. The city was nearly exploding with people, filling the streets, lining the shops, and making it near impossible to find a vacant inn. Now Otto was more frustrated and ill-tempered rather then anything else. His pack was heavy, his feet sore, and there seemed no place to rest. When he felt a slight tap on his shoulder, he spun around, his pack knocking a passerby in the head.

He growled with frustration. "What is i...". To his astonishment, he faced none other then Bjarn himself.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Danju set Jaythus down upon a couch, in the lower levels of the Castle. The Talonjain stirred, and Danju took the chance to feed the boy a bit of water. His eyes rolling, Jaythus sat up.

"Da-Danju, is that you?"

"Careful, boy. Don't try to stand up. Now, please, tell me what happened."
Grid: N-14

It took several minutes for Jaythus to recover and speak. To his credit, Danju Violess waited patiently, mainly on instinct, as he had patiently been waiting with hundreds of young Knights in his lifetime. At last, the Talonjain spoke:

"It was...Dametreos. I saw Dametreos. I saw it all. Orion, the Fire Breathing Fortress, Drullen Bell Keep..."

Danju nodded.

"I also saw people. I saw Reno and his new wife...I saw...BloodVaine...the Eroth Gamus...Sir Dractor and the Sorcerer King...I don't know how I know these names. They just came to me. And then..."

He faltered. Danju paused for a second, before prodding Jaythus on. "Go on, boy. It's alright."

"I saw a strange figure. He was clad in grey and black. He had an ugly hand, and carred a blazing staff. He looked young, but I got the impression that he was actually older. He warned me about seeing some foe or something."

"Is that everything?" Danju pressed.

"Yes, that's all I can remember, Sir." Jaythus answered.

The door opened, and Jayson DeTalon strode in.

"The King wants you back in the council room, Sir Violess, annd if you feel well enough, you too, boy," Jayson announcing shooting off a glare at Jaythus. Jaythus's face hardened, despite his weak condition, in response.

Most of King Mathias's talks were rather long and complicated, and this one was no different.

"After much discussion, we have come to these conclusions: The men that will be accompanying me are Sir Danju Violess, as the wisest man in the Kingdom, Sir Santis Rufusclaw, as a veteran of the BloodVaine War, Sir Rascus Apefelt, as lord of Banteras, Sir Jayson DeTalon as new governor of Barleyburg, and Jaythus Van Hawkonus, as new ambassador. Our four objectives are to: Establish new trade routes with Orion and other nations. Improve the image of Morcia as a great country. Gain diamonds from the Black Falcons in Peregrine. And locate Sir Jayko Falconensis."

This raised Jaythus's attention. "Jayko Falconensis, sire?"

"That's sir to you, Jaythus," Mathias chastised. "Sir Jayko is a Knight of the Code, just like you or Santis or anyone else here."

"Forgive me, sire," Jaythus murmured. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jayson sniggering.

"Our reason for finding him is this: The state of Talonjay right now needs fixing. Normally, I'd allow Jayson and Jayko to sort this out themselves, but there are too many rumours and hear-say about the whole matter. I feel that this needs rectifying, before it develops into something else. For now, however, ou may retire to your beds. But keep in mind that we leave early tomorrow!"

Santis, Jayson and Jaythus stayed at the Wheeled Horse Inn. Jaythus had much to think about, but before he had time to slip into the bed, he was in a deep sleep.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

At last, he decided on a course of action. He would head straight for Orion. Venvorskar would have to wait.

With that, he melted the lock on the jail door, and strode into the prison corridor.
Grid: P-20

Solesstorn grabbed his iron staff, and took off into the damp passageways of the prison. He checked the way he had come in. Two guards were seated, chatting, at the top of the stairs. He could probably take them both, but he wanted to escape quickly and quietly. He turned, and went back down into the corridor.

His boots made loud stomping sounds as Solesstorn dashed along. He cursed, but then stopped as he noticed someone lying in a cell nearby. watching him. The prisoner, a virtual skeleton from weeks of little food, jumped to his torn feet. Solesstorn tried to hush him, but the captive, driven mad by thirst, cried out in a hollow, cracked voice:

"Water, please, water! Good sir, let me out!"

Above, Solesstorn heard the shouts of the guards and the clash of steel as they marched down to the prison, to investigate the noise

"Son of a shifty-brick!" he screamed at the prisoner, "you've got the tyco guards on me! You want water? HERE!"

Angrily, Solesstorn raised his staff, and blasted the crazed man into the stone cell wall, knocking him unconscious.

"That'll keep him quiet..."

Too late. Half a dozen Knights' Kingdom soldiers came rattling down the stairs, swords drawn. They were led by the red-tuniced captain.

"Not you again..." Solesstorn murmured.

"Capture him! Use any force necessary!" the captain shouted to his soldiers. They obeyed, and charged down the narrow corridor at the young wizard, a tide of lavish armour and swords.

Gritting his teeth, Solesstorn raised his iron staff. The end bust into flames. His eyes reflected the fire as he shot forth a wave of power, slamming the guards to the floor. The use of a spell had weakened him, but he willed himself on and strode out of the prison, and into the sunlight of the new morning. The guard captain tried to rise, screaming madly.

So much for a quick getaway...Solesstorn thought, as he ran out through the streets of Candleon. People looked surprised as he pushed past them. He skidded into the port section. Looking back, he noticed that the Candleon guards were after him. Desperately, searched for a route of escape. He couldn't afford to waste more mana on another spell.

A small vessel was sailing out from the port. Judging by its sails, it was a Royal Knight ship. Saying a quick prayer, Solesstorn took a running jump, his robes flowing behind him, using his staff to add momentum, as he jumped out into midair, flying towards the ship.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Formendacil wrote:"Yes, milord," nodded Bartavlo. "What about Count Ollero? I was ready to send our men in to claim his estate, but he hasn't died yet."

"His death has been temporarily put off," said Vækadær, "in favour of Lord Marshal Elbadar. I will deal with Ollero by other means- even if it means that we will be unable to secure his estate for any of my supporters."
The fair was still going strong. Even more people were pouring into it as more people arrived in the city, with the guests of the Ball. Soldiers and servants, most would not be attending the Ball themselves, and they poured into the Fairgrounds in search of what would likely be the highlight of their visit.

Vækadær was one of those wandering the fairgrounds. He had no set goal, but was merely on the lookout for information or useful items.

Catching sight of a small, grungy tent, he decided that he had probably found something useful. On an older, battered sign read one plain word "Contracts". From the trappings and colours, it appeared to be a Wolfpack who ran it.

Vækadær came over to the tent, and the proprietor looked up at him.

"C'n I help you, lord?"

"I'm looking for someone willing to accept a contract to remove someone in my way," said Vækadær in a low voice. "Am I correct in thinking that those are the sorts of contracts you are looking for?"

"Well..." began the proprietor cautiously. "Technically that's an illegal sort of contract. However...

"Who is it?"

"Count Ollero," said Vækadær, "and it must be done as discreetly as possible."

"Naturally," said the contract man with a nod. "But it will be expensive, of course, to kill a count."

"I can afford it. See that it is done," said Vækadær, as he handed over a sack of gold. "That should be sufficient. See to it that Ollero dies. If you take the money and fail the job, I will know where to find you."

"Our business integrity is unmatched, Lord," said the Wolfpack. "It will be done."

"Excellent."

Perhaps, thought Vækadær, Count Ollero's estate could be recovered anyway.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Dractor and Thomas were wandering the fair, not in search of anything particular, but mainly to enjoy the sights.

"It doesn't stop amazing me," said Thomas, "just how many people there are. And not just here, but in the city, in the entire country, in the entire world!"

"I agree that it's a bit too many numbers to take in," said Sir Dractor. "It's all very well to say a number like one hundred thousand, but the mind can't wrap itself around that. Too many fingers and toes."

"It's not the numbers that get me," said Thomas. "It's the stories. Every single one of these people has a story. A long, complicated, dramatic story. And only a handful of people have any idea what that story is like. That's what success is, I think."

"Having people know your story," said Sir Dractor.

"Having a story with a happy ending," said Thomas. "As long as you know that your story will have a happy ending, I think it's possible to live through the bad parts."

"I've lived through quite a few bad parts," said Sir Dractor, "and I'll agree that knowing that what you are doing is worthwhile or going to turn better is a major aid to getting through it. That's the purpose of life, to enjoy it or to help others enjoy it."

"Do YOU enjoy it?" asked Thomas. "You've done so much to help others enjoy it, have you ever enjoyed it yourself?"

"Yes," said Sir Dractor. "If I were to go Home today, I would go knowing I had led a good, and happy, life, for the most part. What about you?"

"It's been happy, I suppose," said Thomas, "but I don't know if it's been of any use. I wouldn't want to die now, when I haven't really helped anyone. I want to do my part to make this world better."

"There'll always be a place for that," said Sir Dractor. "Let's start getting you ready by showing you some of this world you want to help. A microcosm of it may be seen right here in the fair."

"Classics, Crusaders, Kingdomers, Forestdwellers, all peoples," agreed Thomas. "It all looks so... peaceful, if not exactly calm."

"Looks are deceptive," said Sir Dractor. "Within twenty feet of us are about fifteen pickpockets, three widows, eight bereaved parents, four brokenhearted lovers, five convicted criminals, and one spy."

"How do you know that?" said Thomas, his eyes wider than five-cent pieces.

"Just made-up numbers," said Sir Dractor, "but not too far off in a crowd this size, I bet." Then all of a sudden, he whirled around and smacked a teenaged boy hard on the side of the head. The boy, a scruffy looking lad with baggy, low-riding trousers, and a bunch of metal in his nose and lips, crumpled like a bag, unconscious.

"What did you do that for?" said Thomas.

"My pocket is not for picking," said Sir Dractor, somewhat loudly, as a warning to any other prospective pickers. Thomas flinched.

"Ouch!" he said, shaking his head.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Formendacil wrote:"I can afford it. See that it is done," said Vækadær, as he handed over a sack of gold. "That should be sufficient. See to it that Ollero dies. If you take the money and fail the job, I will know where to find you."

"Our business integrity is unmatched, Lord," said the Wolfpack. "It will be done."

"Excellent."

Perhaps, thought Vækadær, Count Ollero's estate could be recovered anyway.

A few hours after Vækadær left the tent, Cloak walked by. His gold safely stashed away, he was on the look out for a good contract. Upon seeing the sign, the shapeshifter walked over.

"What sort of contracts?" asked Cloak without preamble.

"Eh," replied the Wolfpack. "That depends on what you need." He looked Cloak over. The man saw a person clothed entirely in black, with no face to be seen under the large hood.

"I would guess you want some kind of crime done."

"Close," answered Cloak. "I want to do a crime. Do you have any people that need to be taken care of?"

"Aye, that I do. There is that big reward for Royal knight king's murder. I hear its ten thousand marks. But if you want to do that, you'd be better off going strait to the king. I have a few small jobs, though they don't pay very good. Except one, new one in fact. Came a few hours ago."

"What about it?"

"Some fellow wants a local count killed." The Wolfpack proceeded to give details about the amount of money, the person to be killed, and where to find him.

"I'll take it." Said Cloak. "It will be done after the ball." He then turned and strode of into the crowd.

--------------------------

Cloak had left the tent for only a short time when Kae-Os and Aiden walked up to it. They stopped and looked at the less-than-respectable-looking tent. "He looks like the type who might have seen our elusive prey." Aiden said. "I think I'll pay him a visit."

He walked over and engaged the man in talk. While he was busy, Kae-Os concentrated, trying to locate the shapeshifter. The elf knew he was close. He was pretty sure that he had passed by here not long ago. But where was he?

Kae-Os was jolted out of his trance when Aiden spoke to him.

"How do you like that? The guy thought I wanted to get a contract to kill the King's killer. Told me that only professionals could do it. He seemed to think that I don't look like a professional. Do I?"

"Yes," replied Kae-Os. "You look a bit more like a lady hunter than a killer hunter."

"Thanks, I knew you would see reason someday."

"Learn anything else?" asked the elf.

"Only that the reward for the shapeshifter is up to ten thousand marks. And that just about everybody dreams of catching him." Aiden snorted. "Amateurs. I can't wait to grab the guy and show them. Oh, the guy also said that a black cloaked fellow came by a few minutes ago and asked for a assignation job."

Kae-Os started. "Did he say what he looked like?"

"Um yeah, now that I think about it he matched the description the Royal guard gave us. Perfectly."

The two friends looked at each other for a moment, then Kae-Os said, in a more hurried voice than usual, "He went that way."

They then ran into the crowd, right were Cloak had been a few minutes ago, and started looking for a blacked-cloaked man.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

The beginning of the Imperial Parade

Post by Formendacil »

Emperor Constantius turned to the members of his escort. They were young, rather nervous Cavalier cadets dressed in shining armour, with purple capes and long, silver lances. Their steeds, sensing the riders’ excitement, were somewhat skittish. The Emperor cleared his voice, and addressed them.

“I want to give you a final reminder as to our itinerary. We leave the Yellow Castle by the side gate, and down Victory Boulevard, where we merge with the foreign and civil parts of the parade. Then it’s down the Boulevard until we come to 23rd Avenue. There we turn left and straight on to Telemakar Square. We parade around the square, and then back up the Via Legonia to the main gates of the Yellow Castle. Remember to go a slow, stately pace, and to smile at the crowds.

“Good luck men, I’m sure you’ll do the Empire proud.”

Constantius stepped into the Imperial carriage, where his son, Crown Prince Clement, was already sitting. He gestured at the leader of the Cavaliers, Captain-Colonel E’terriole. “Whenever you get the signal, Captain-Colonel.” E’terriole nodded, and after short wait, they were off.

The parade was led by a regiment of Tridentine knights in dress armour, led by Commander-General Vincentius. Behind them came the first of the marching bands fielded by people of Orion. Next came the first of many floats featuring merchants, local lords, and civic officials, all decked out the heraldry of their leaders or guilds. Then came another marching band, and then a company of Club Knights from Talistrand under Sir Victor de Graff, in dress armour.

Next came the contingents of foreign dignitaries and officials. Not every nation had decided to contribute, but those that did were quite impressive. The Eastern Knights’ Kingdom put on a colourful show unmatched for brilliance. The Crusaders had an entire regiment escorting their Chancellor on a red, yellow, and blue float.

Then came another marching band, followed by a regiment each of the Chevron Knights and Crimson Knights, then a final band- the Imperial Cavalier Marching Band, and the final regiment, the Imperial Cavaliers, escorting several carriages of dignitaries and nobles, the last-most of which were the Emperor and his son.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

J-10

The Blacksmith could not make the kind of sword Kor wanted, but suggested that he look at the trade fair, for there were probably some Ninja merchants.
So, the next day, Kor found himself wandering around the trade fair, surrounded by shops and crowds of eager customers. It took him a while, but eventually he found a small tent that sold cloth, swords and other things from the Ninja lands. He had ended up buying the best made (and most expensive) sword, and then went back to the room he had rented for the night.

~~~~~~

It was now the morning of the ball, and Kor marveling at the sword he had bought the day before. It was a beautiful piece of work; and Kor was surprised with what a good deal he got on it. But he was a little unsure about it, for some reason it looked very familiar, especially the golden dragon on the bottom of the hilt.

“No, it’s probably just because most swords look alike” he convinced himself. But there was still a nagging doubt in the back of his head.
TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

Slowly and wearily did Bishkar and Hernius enter into the gates of Orion. "We've made it at last," panted Bishkar.
The two Darkforestmen's journey had been long and solitary, but quite safe. "And in time for you to have a bit of rest and then prepare yourself for the ball," added Hernius.
After taking in the view of the land which neither had seen before, they headed for an inn where they might stop to rest and have a drink.

When they had relaxed for a while they paid for a room.
"What will you do while I am at the ball?" asked Bishkar as he washed up. "I can find plenty to keep me occupied in a place like this," replied Hernius, who appeared excited and enthusiastic. "And I can take care of myself you know"
"So can I, so for my sake don't worry about me, please?" said Bishkar. "All right. I will see you when you come back. For now I think I will wander about some of the shops. I can return in time to escort you to the Yellow
Cas-" "I will be FINE!" interrupted Bishkar with a laugh.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

A small vessel was sailing out from the port. Judging by its sails, it was a Royal Knight ship. Saying a quick prayer, Solesstorn took a running jump, his robes flowing behind him, using his staff to add momentum, as he jumped out into midair, flying towards the ship.
Grid: Travelling

With the air rushing into his lungs, Solesstorn barely managed to heat the air below him a bit, to slow his fall towards the ship. All the same though, it still hurt when he smacked onto the hard wooden deck of the ship.

For a few seconds, he lay there, sprawled unceremoniously across the beams of the ship. Pain arched through his limbs.

Finally, he roused himself, and swaying from side to side, turned to face the crew of the ship, who stood staring at him in amazement,

"Um...greetings..."

"So...you're a wanderer with no faction or home, you come flying across and land on my ship, you won't tell me your name, and now you want me to provide you with passage to Orion?"

It was half an hour later. Solessorn sat in the cabin with a Royal Knight captain, trying to negotiate a deal.

"A wanderer is not really a correct name. I'm more of a traveller. As for that "stunt" back there, I was in a hurry. I still am, actually. As for my name, I am a friend of Magarus. And don't even mention any bounties. Look, if you want, I'll pay you when we get to Orion. You're going that way anyways, so why not?"

"Hmm, alright then," the captain said. "By the way, I'm Captain James Dernack, also friend to the sadly-gone King Kjeld of Castleton. Pleased to meet you."

"I'm called Solesstorn, but don't spread it around too much. Anyhow, pleased to make your acquintance. So how are you traveeling, east or west?"

"West. I need to stop off at the Kingdom lands."

"Good. There's someone I want to see there too..."

The next day, as the ship was crossing the ocean, Solesstorn sat alone, on the back of the deck, enjoying the cool summer night air.

Yes, it was all coming together...
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Re: The beginning of the Imperial Parade

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

“Aha, take that, you scurvy knave!”

“Ooohh, you’re gonna pay for that one!”

No, Hans and Adrian were not ‘play’ sword fighting again. There weren’t even playing together. These sounds of heated battle came from the sitting room of the Slacs-Scl manor, where Adrian and Cate were at a small tea table, animatedly playing chess with Hans’ new Talonjain chess set. Cate craftily pushed a rook forward.

“En guarde, Sir Knight!”

With her rook, she captured Adrian’s remaining Shadow Knight, knocking it aside triumphantly, a wicked grin on her face.

“Oh, the pain!” groaned Adrian, then pushed a dark red and black queen figure with a grinning white skull-face and cackled, “Fear my terrible queen!”

Across the room, lounging on the newly-bought sofa was Hans, who was having an enjoyable time assembling his model Viking ship.

“These figures are uber-sweet,” he said, holding one up close and examining it, “And -- whoa! -- check it out! The horns are removable! Sweetness…”

Back at the chess game, Adrian had managed to plow through Cate’s ranks of crossbow-wielding pawns and had checked the king with his devilish black queen.

“Take that, King Matty!” crowed Adrian.

“Take that, Mrs. Vladek!” returned Cate, capturing the black queen with a barbie blue bishop.

Adrian groaned. Hans, from across the room, exclaimed, “Check it out! A dark green locknest! Rrahh!”

Hans proceed to attack his boat with the locknest, tossing little figures overboard.

“Gah!! It’s a locknest! It will eat us all!”

“Crunch snarl granamble chomp grhshaspble….”

Cate rolled her eyes and giggled.

“You’re such a child, Hans.”

“Aye.” nodded Adrian.

Hans snorted.

“And you two are the pinnacles of maturity. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I hear and see your battle of the titans…”

All three of them laughed, which was then interrupted by a loud horn blast. Cate gasped.

“Oh, goodness! I, like, totally forgot! The parade!”

Adrian stood, as did Hans, who placed his model ship and locknest on a side table.

“Let’s go!” said Hans, “It not far from here!”

“But, but!” Cate was frantic, “What will I wear?!”

Adrian snorted.

“You look fine! C’mon, I don’t want to miss this!”

“But!” cried Cate, “I look ghastly in this frock!”

“So you don’t mind looking horrible in front of us, but you must prim yourself up in front of a mindless crowd?” said Hans, pulling on his boots.

Cate stamped her foot.

“That’s -- different, you two! You’re --- friends! I don’t need to look good for friends!”

“Oh, I see.’ nodded Adrian wisely, “We not ‘good’ enough…”

“Aye,” continued Hans, “We’re just friends. Here that, Adrian, we’re just friends…”

“That’s not what I meant!” snapped Cate

Hans and Adrian laughed.

“We know that!” chuckled Adrian, “But come on! Honestly, you’re like tied to the wardrobe!”

“Alright, I’ll come!” sighed Cate, flinging a shawl around her shoulders, “Am I okay?”

“You’re fine!” sighed Adrian.

“You look great.” said Hans sincerely.

The trio rushed out the front doors of the manor and made a sharp left onto 21st Avenue, then crossing over 22nd Avenue and halted at 23rd Avenue, where they had to push and shove their way through the crowds to get a decent spot. They were just in time. The first marchers were just coming down the street.
Formendacil wrote:The parade was led by a regiment of Tridentine knights in dress armour, led by Commander-General Vincentius. Behind them came the first of the marching bands fielded by people of Orion. Next came the first of many floats featuring merchants, local lords, and civic officials, all decked out the heraldry of their leaders or guilds. Then came another marching band, and then a company of Club Knights from Talistrand under Sir Victor de Graff, in dress armour.

Next came the contingents of foreign dignitaries and officials. Not every nation had decided to contribute, but those that did were quite impressive. The Eastern Knights’ Kingdom put on a colourful show unmatched for brilliance. The Crusaders had an entire regiment escorting their Chancellor on a red, yellow, and blue float.

Then came another marching band, followed by a regiment each of the Chevron Knights and Crimson Knights, then a final band- the Imperial Cavalier Marching Band, and the final regiment, the Imperial Cavaliers, escorting several carriages of dignitaries and nobles, the last-most of which were the Emperor and his son.

As the last of the floats and marchers vanished around the corner, Adrian said, “Impressive. Most impressive.”

Hans nodded. “Aye.”

“It makes me so excited!” cried Cate, “The ball, it’s so close! C’mon, we must get back home!”

“To finish the chess game?” asked Adrian.

Cate shook her head vigorously.

“Oh, bother the chess game, you were winning anyhow. No, we must get read for the ball!”

Hans and Adrian’s step noticeably faltered.

“Like,” stuttered Adrian, “As in dressing up?”

“Of course!” said Cate, “And we must have one last lesson of dance etiquette, too!”

Hans and Adrian groaned.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

J-10 Orion

Radu and Kale soon found Belzzar in his appartments in the Yellow Castle. After several moments of “boring” talk Kale slipped out. He bounded down the steps of the keep and emerged in the courtyard. Today was the day for the parade and the ball. The courtyard was even more chaotic then on previous days.

Kale headed strait for the Trade Fair. His armour was maintained to the point of obsession, he would rather die then give it up. His shield as well. His sword was of as good as he could wish for but he knew there were better ones at there.

There were hundreds of tents and stalls in enough colours to make an Eastern Knight Kingdomer hang his head in shame. The noise was deafening as well as thousands of people bustled about. That combined with the hawkers screaming about their wares.

Kale was soon lost in it. There were hundreds of different swords. Sleek katanas from Ninjara, to the bulky KK2 swords. Kale’s eye was on the lookout for the mighty broadswords used by the Bulls. They may be gone but they were still in fashon.

At one stall a plump man was selling old model kits of Bulls Knights Kingdomers. Kale bent down to look at a minature of Cedric the Bull. On one little seige tower had a Bull flag on the top.

“At least there are some of us still alive…” He muttered.

Moving on, he began making his way back to the castle. The parade was going to start soon…

NOTE: I wrote this yesterday