Classic-Castle Roleplay: July 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Grid: J-10

"Gasp! See him yet?" Aiden asked as he and Kae-Os barreled through the crowd. Aiden was letting the elf lead, for Kae-Os might actually spot their prey. In the huge crowd that covered the Fair, a person might come within a few meters of the person they were looking for and miss him completely.

"No, I don- Wait!! There he is, a bit to the left." Cried Kae-Os.

Aiden looked, and there, walking unconcerned, yet slightly wary, was a man clothed entirely in black.

"You sure that’s him?" questioned Aiden.

The reply of, "yes" was enough for Aiden. He and Kae-Os charged through the crowd with renewed vigor. The shapeshifter was only forty meters ahead of them when he turned.

--------------------

Cloak walked through the fair unconcerned. With a contract now in his hands, he felt quite good. Cloak decided to enjoy himself for the weekend and kill the count after the ball.

Hearing a shout behind him, Cloak turned and saw two people racing at top speed right toward him. Without waiting a second, the shapeshifter turned and ran. Somehow Cloak knew that they were after him. Maybe it was his slight ability in mana-use, or maybe it was just intuition, or maybe he was a little jumpy. Regardless of how he knew, Cloak ran as fast as he could (which was pretty fast) through the crowds and into a small alley, which lead into the city proper.

Aiden and Kae-Os were right behind him. Cloak knew that to change shape would be no good right now. The pursuers were too close to miss the change. Speed was the best option. The two men might have caught him right there, except the crowd slowed them down.

As he ran through the alley, Cloak heard a loud trumpet, followed by a string of music. "The parade!" thought Cloak. "Just what I need."

--------------------

Kae-Os, followed close by Aiden, careened through the alley and nearly bowled over a group of people. Coming to an abrupt halt, Kae-Os stopped Aiden and pointed toward the parade, which the people they nearly crashed into were watching.

The two friends edged their way to the front and leaned on rope barrier that separated the people from the parade. Kae-Os looked both ways, and across the street, but didn't see the black clothed man. He then bent down and hoisted Aiden on his shoulders, giving the other man a better view.

After a moment, Aiden shook his head and Kae-Os lowered him down.

"He is close. In fact he shifted shape a minute ago." Said the elf.

"Great, just great." muttered Aiden. With their quarry's appearance changed, anybody in the huge crowd could be the shapeshifter.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Between the regiments of Club Knights and Crimsom Knights in the parade were the foreign contingents. Regiments and carriages formed the bulk of it, but there were several individuals on horseback.

Sir Dractor was one of them.

Riding a very skittish young (black) stallion, he was decked out in blue and red, the colours of his prince, and sported a fresh-made banner with the ursine heraldry on his shield.

"I hate horses," Sir Dractor had said when he and Thomas prepared it. "How did Shainya and Reno talk me into this again."

"I wish I knew," said Thomas, finishing polishing the big knight's armour, "they did a good job. Well, you're all set. I guess I'll see you back here when you're done. Why do you hate horses, anyway? You're a good rider."

"Horses," said Sir Dractor, "tend to be lazy, selfish animals. Not always, but a great deal more than most other animals. Dogs are very hard-working. Give me a dog any time. Cats are selfish, but they know what they want, and they get it. I can respect cats. But horses... Not smart and not motivated. I have yet to find a horse that was as willing to work as I was."

"I'll trade you," came Bjarn's voice from the doors of the stable. "You ride in the Forestman carriage and wave daintily at the crowds, and I'll ride that stallion."

"If I could, I most certainly would," said Sir Dractor, "but I fear that no one would take me for the Leader of the League of Forestmen. And my armour would hang too loose on you."

Still, Sir Dractor thought as he rode along with several other lone riders, just ahead of the Royal Knight carriage, it wasn't too bad. At least he looked dignified, like a great hero and warrior ought to. Now, if only he were actually DOING something...
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Robin Hood wrote:"He is close. In fact he shifted shape a minute ago." Said the elf.

"Great, just great." muttered Aiden. With their quarry's appearance changed, anybody in the huge crowd could be the shapeshifter.

"Thundering Tycos," swore Aiden. "We'll never find him now."

Kae-Os stared into the parade. "Maybe, maybe not. Keep your eyes peeled.”

The two friends stood and watched as the paraded rolled by, both of them looking for something out of the ordinary.

-----------------------

Cloak silently cursed to himself. He did most things silently, for he had learned long ago that a good assassin is a quiet assassin.

His curse went out to the two unknown people chasing him. With them being so close, shifting his shape would the apex of stupidity. Cloak could tell that the two people were fighters. And good ones too. The second or so it would take to shift would be enough to land a spear in his heart.

Still, Cloak’s current position didn’t mean he wasn’t going to get away.

-----------------------

The second marching band was just coming toward them when Kae-Os felt something wrong. He watch very carefully as each line of musicians marched past. Aiden looked further down the line.

“Hey, since when does a band have more than one tuba?” asked Aiden.

Kae-Os, with his much better eyesight, looked at what his friend was talking about. Sure enough, at the end of the line, there were two tuba players, both blowing away on the huge instruments. To Kae-Os’ eye, something was wrong about them. As they drew nearer, the elf stared hard at them. Just as they past their point, it struck both of them. The two musicians were the same. Not just dressed in the same uniform, but their faces, walk, hair and everything else were identical. Aiden and Kae-Os leapt over the barrier.

But the minute they started to move, the far right player realized the game was up. Before the two men touched the ground, Cloak was off through the parade.

The elf and the man were right behind, but due to the possibility of hitting a bystander, Kae-Os didn’t try to take down the shapeshifter with his spear.

Reaching the front of the band, the two friends stopped. Their quarry had disappeared again. “He shifted again.” Informed Kae-Os as he and Aiden made their way to the edge of the road.
I build, therefore I am.

Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

NOTE: The following events took place two weeks ago

Grid: K-18
Location: Little Chipping, a town in Western Knight’s Kingdom territory on Kingdom Isle

It is strange how the world works. It is strange how some things come together, and others fall apart. It is strange that while two persons can wander all Dametreos for a lifetime searching for one another and never meet, persons who had never known of one another before (or had no desire to meet) happen to run into each other one day. Is it the whim of the fates, or of the gods? Is it magic? Or is it horrible (or terrific, depending on the situation) luck? Whatever it is, whatever commands the ways of the universe, this day, many persons, all with a part to play, would end up in one Western Knight’s Kingdom town, to duke it out and ultimately change the lives (or even end them) of all involved.

Little Chipping was a small but respectable town planted on the furtile coastline of the Western Knight’s Kingdom territory on Kingdom isle. It was mostly a farming community. Many of the residents didn’t even live in the cluster of shingled buildings that bore the label Little Chipping. Instead, they lived out in the fields, in cozy little farm houses with adjacent red barns and a small dirty-white silos. Those who lived in the town itself consisted of innkeepers, bakers, and cobblers, and little old ladies with knitting needles and knit caps who sat about all day trading gossip. And interesting fact about Little Chipping was that it had the highest ratio of inns to residents in all of Kingdom Isle. There were a total of six inns crammed into the tiny towns square. During the winter months most of them closed down, but during harvest time, they were always full up with farmers, ranchers and fieldworkers thirsty for a good brew.

There was also a jailhouse, consisting of a single cell. Outside this jailhouse was Constable Craddek, a fat, amiable, good-hearted soul who probably hadn’t raised his baton to keep the peace in years. Little Chipping was a quiet, sleepy peaceful town, with a crime rate that would make larger, more well-known towns insanely jealous. Well, the residents of Little Chipping were about to get the surprise of a lifetime, that would fuel gossip for generations to come.

It all started when two foreign-looking persons entered the local inn, the Blue Geranium. Constable Craddek thought them an odd-looking couple. The man was rough-looking, and broad. He had a mane of burnt orange hair that matched his beard in color and unkemptness. A cutlass that Craddek was sure came from pirate origins swung at the man’s side. The man was dress similar to a Crusader, but Craddek had a feeling in his rather large gut that the man wasn’t a Crusader.

The woman was just a strange, if not stranger. She was also firmly built, not tall, not short, nor very thin nor chunky. Her hair was blackest of black, and hung down limp and straight to her shoulders. She was dressed in a dirty, stained garb that had perhaps been a shade of blue when new.

With a glance left and right, as if scanning the town square for enemies, the couple entered the inn. Constable Craddek sighed. He’d better check them out. Never knew what form trouble came in.

Trouble came in another form a few minutes after the Constable Craddek had followed the suspicious-looking man and woman into the Blue Geranium. If Craddek had stay just a few minutes longer, he would have certainly forgotten the pair and followed after this brute instead, for if the man and woman looked like trouble, this new person looked, sounded and smelled like trouble.

“I’ve gotta get me rock…” muttered the man, clawing at his grundgy hair as if scratching for flees, “Tyco Burtrand…”

The brutish-looking man stumped his way into an inn, not the Blue Geranium, but another, called the Tipsy Toad.

A few minutes later, another odd pair limped into Little Chipping, and the old ladies with their needles all agreed they were the oddest yet. A man with a battered tricorn hat, navy-blue seaman’s jacket and bushy black beard was carried a young lass, looking no older than fourteen, in his arms. The old maids and widows tutted.

“How awful it is these day, young girls marrying rich old men three times their ages. What has Dametreos come to? Back in my day…”

The man and his ‘bride’ crossed the town square and enter another inn, called the Plowman’s Brew.

After about a span of ten minutes, Little Chipping was invading by strangers again, a lot of them. Like their predecessors, they were an odd bunch. Some them look quite trim, seamen officers looking very much like Crusaders. Others were simple seamen, still well-kept and disciplined. But others were a different type altogether. The looked like pirates through at through. There was one with a peg leg, another with a hollow socket for an eye and no teeth. Yes, tutted the old ladies, those were pirates indeed.

This motley rabble grumbled and mumbled their way to a forth inn, the largest, called simply the Waterhole.

Not thirty seconds after the last pirate squeezed into the Waterhole did a final group enter Little Chipping. Now this group, the old ladies saw with approval, were not pirates or other bothersome crooks. These men were marines, Crusader marines at that. With a professional air, they marched their way to the final inn, called the Pickle Barrel.

There. The pieces were set. It sounds like a farce, I know, but I only tell it how it is. And this is how it happened. Five groups in Five inns in one small town. Each group has a part to play. And the game is about to begin.

---------------------------------

It was Constable Craddek’s fault, actually. He started the chain reaction that would turn the world of Little Chipping upside down and inside out.

“For the last time.” growled Viktor over a glass of ale, “We’re not pirates, crooks, terrorists or and such mega blocks!”

Constable Craddek was not convinced.

“You say you two were kidnapped by pirates along with the Crusader princess, sailed halfway around Dametreos leading the whole Crusader fleet after you, then you jumped ship and ended up here?”

“No!” snapped Rosa, “Are you deaf as well as obese?”

Constable Craddek straightened, glaring.

“I don’t like your tone, ma’am.”

“Then leave us alone! We’re doing nothing wrong!”

Constable Craddek straightened, reaching for some crude handcuffs.

“I’m afraid…”

Viktor and Rosa knew what was coming next.

“Can I go anywhere without getting arrested!?” snarled Viktor and dashed his half-full glass into the constable’s face.

Craddek yelled and Rosa and Viktor were up like a flash, out the door and running smack into -- Targon.

“Holy tyco!” screamed Rosa.

“Bloody megablocks!” grunted Viktor.

“Shifty-brick!” cried Targon, “It’s you!”

And thus began the chain reaction. O’Brien, hearing Targon’s voice, rushed out of the Pickle Barrel with his marines.

“Targon!”

Hearing his second mate, Captain Johnson dashed out of the Waterhole, the seamen and pirates stumbling after.

“O’Brien!”

“Captain!”

Burtrand Storm-Rider, unaware of the situation, exited with Anastasia in his arms right into the middle of the fiasco.

“Burtrand!”

“Princess!”

“Bloody Megablocks…”

It was almost comical. There was Burtrand Storm-Rider, the Crusader princess Anastasia in his arms, O’Brien and his marines to the left, Captain Johnson, the crews of the Aterops and Mantis to the right, and Rosa and Viktor and Targon in front. All stared dumbly.

Then the pirate Smythe acted.

“Pirates!” he shouted, “The Cap’n's here! Up and at ‘em!”

Suddenly spurred, the pirates attacked their neighbors, the crew of the Aterops, beating them down with anything and everything. With a roar, O’Brien and his marines charged both Burtrand and the pirates. Burtrand darted forward and head-butted Viktor, who happened to be in the way.

“Come, Targon!” snapped Burtrand, gesturing over his should where the distant outlines of the Aterops could be seen floating offshore.

But Burtrand got a surprise. Instead of doing something useful, like taking out Rosa, Targon growled and punched Burtrand hard in the face. Shocked and hurt, Burtrand dropped Anastasia, who shrieked and crawled toward the only familiar face, Rosa.

“Where’s my rock!” growled Targon, his thick, beef-like hands squeezing tight around Burtrand’s neck. Burtrand was bleeding from the nose, and he couldn’t breath, but almost calmly he fumbled about in his pocket and grasped the green stone. He said nothing, just glaring at Targon.

Meanwhile, the pirates had the upper hand, at least for now. Most of the Aterops crew now either dead, dying or wounded, the remaining pirates were battling O’Brien’s battle-trained marines.

Fighting his way through the melee, Captain Johnson confronted O’Brien.

“Good to see you among the living, Mr. O’Brien!” called Johnson.

“Thank you, sir!” shouted O’Brien.

“You’re alive!” cried Rosa, staring at Anastasia.

“So are you!” cried Anastasia, just as shocked.

“Ugg…” groaned Viktor, rolling over and cursing Targon.

“Who’s your friend?” demanded Anastasia.

“Never mind!” snapped Rosa, drawing her knife, “Let’s get out of here!”

The three pulled each other to their feet. Viktor, grumbling, pulled out his sword and waved it about, but is seemed no one was particularly interested in them at the moment. The pirates, led by Sydney Smythe, and the marines, led by O’Brien continued to cut each other to ribbons, and Burtrand and Targon were understandably preoccupied with one another.

“Come on!” snapped Rosa, and they started to move away.

At that moment Johnson caught sight of Anastasia.

“Princess!”

As one, the marines, led by Captain Johnson and O’Brien, broke away from the pirates and ran toward the princess. Viktor and Rosa, thinking themselves under attack, grabbed Anastasia and ran. This obviously gave the Crusaders the wrong impression.

“That bloody woman’s with the pirates!” snarled Captain Johnson.

The marines dashed off in pursuit. The pirates, abandoned, stared almost stupidly as the marines ran off. But Smythe rallied them.

Targon was getting impatient. He had been choking Burtrand for five minutes and the tyco pirate hadn’t flinched.

“GIVE ME MY ROCK!” he bellowed, and punched Burtrand hard in the stomach.

Burtrand wheezed. He was uncomfortable, but not too worried. Nothing could happen while he had the rock. Targon was just about to pound Burtrand again when suddenly his eyes rolled back and he collapsed.

“My thanks, Smythe.” coughed Burtrand Storm-Rider.

The mate bobbed a quick nod.

“Orders, Cap’n?”

Burtrand glanced about quickly, his eyes soon falling upon the distant Crusader ship Aterops.

“Boys,” he cried, “We need to get ourselves a ship!”

With a roar, the pirates left the stunned town of Little Chipping.

It was not long before the Crusader marines caught up with Viktor, Rosa and Anastasia. Surrounded and very much outnumbered, Viktor, grumbling, threw down his sword.

“Hand over the princess!” demanded Captain Johnson.

Viktor glanced over.

“Fine, then.”

He grabbed Anastasia and shoved her toward O’Brien, who caught her.

“You two are under arrest,” intoned Captain Johnson with a glint in his eye.

“No, wait!’

All turned to look at the princess.

“Your Highness?” questioned Johnson.

“They helped me!” cried Anastasia, firmly now, “Rosa helped me while we were kidnapped, and that nice man fended off the pirates!”

“Then why’d they run?” snapped O’Brien.

“You bloody well scared the tyco outta us when you charged.” snapped Viktor.

Johnson mulled this over. He turned to Viktor.

“You’re a convicted criminal. No matter what you did to aid the princess, you’re still under arrest.”

“No!” Anastasia commanded regally, “I am Princess Anastasia of the Crusaders, am I not? And as such, I pardon both of these persons of any past crimes!”

Rosa was impressed. Anastasia had certainly matured greatly since she had first met the princess. Johnson didn’t say anything, but bow, even if it was a bit stiff.

“As you command, Your Highness.”

Anastasia nodded and then went forward to Rosa before embracing her briefly.

“Thanks,” the princess said simply, “for saving my life. Is there anything you want? Anything?”

Rosa squirmed slightly, but did not push the princess away.

“Just a ride home. Home to the mainland.”

Anastasia looked at Viktor.

“And you?”

“The same.” said Viktor.

“Very well.”

And so, it was arranged. Of course, things didn’t quite go as planned, and there were several roadblocks still ahead. The most obvious one was the Aterops. Or lack thereof, that is. Burtrand and his scurvy band of pirates had successfully hijacked the Crusader vessel and were now long gone, off to do what pirates do best. Interestingly enough, Johnson was not completely furious, for he still had a large prize: the princess, safe and sound.

So the troupe of Crusader marines, Captain Johnson, his mate O’Brien, the princess Anastasia, Rosa and Viktor returned to Little Chipping to stay the night and to prepare for the voyage home. One interesting thing to note: the Dragon Master Targon was not to be found when they returned. No one knew where he went. He had vanished into the Western Knight’s Kingdom countryside.

Within a few days, a Western Knight’s Kingdom vessel was hired, and the weary band left Kingdom Isle, their sights set homeward.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Robin Hood wrote:Reaching the front of the band, the two friends stopped. Their quarry had disappeared again. "He shifted again." Informed Kae-Os as he and Aiden made their way to the edge of the road.

"So what now?" asked Aiden as he and Kae-Os stood at the back of the crowd and watched the Emperor pass by.

"I don't know." Answered the elf. "Keep looking. I'll know if he leaves the city, so we shouldn't have much to worry about."

"Other than the fact that this is the largest city in Dametreos. It'll be a cinch." Muttered Aiden sarcastically. He and his companion turned into a road and began a long and possibly fruitless search.

-------------------

As the parade rolled through the city, it came to parts where there were few people. At one tight corner, nobody lined the street. It was at this spot, just as a carriage carrying a Crusader noble had a slightly hard time negotiating the turn, that a part of the carriage detached itself from the rest and fell onto the road.

Not wanting to hold up the parade, the people behind the carriage ignored it. When the entire procession had past by, the piece of the carriage shimmered, then, a blackness spread across the whole thing. The object then grew, and straitened, and in a moment Cloak stood there.

The shapeshifer then walked into an alley and out of sight. Cloak decided to lay low for the rest of the Ball. When it was over he would kill the count, collect his money, hide it, then head for parts as far away from Orion as possible.
I build, therefore I am.

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Vækadær was standing alone on the balcony of the Marquis' three-storey manor, looking down as the parade passed by.

Such a gathering of power, he thought. Gathered below him in stately procession were most of the noteworthies of Orion, many leaders of the Empire, and almost half the crowned heads of Dametreos.

Such power, such talent. Many of these people were born to their positions, but quite a few had made themselves what they were through their own hard efforts. Not unlike Vækadær himself.

It was truly a mixed bag of morals that flowed before him, Vækadær thought, although morals were hardly an interest of his. From the upright Emperor Constantius to the greedy Vincentius, to downright scumbags, there were all kinds below him.

And most of them, Vækadær realised, would be opposed to him if they knew of him. Hardly anybody, from angelic to devilish, could help but be opposed to a man who fully intended to have his hand in all the great affairs of Dametreos, to control as much of it as he possibly could. From Lord Void to Lord Bjarn, he would have many enemies were he so foolish as to declare himself and present a target.

But not everyone...

There were some, people weak both morally and will-powerly, who would rather grab onto his coattails, and wish him well in the self-seeking hopes of promotion.

One such person passed below him in the parade: Captain Orid Del Grakken.

Elbadar and his regiment, some of the bona fide heroes of the Battle for Orion. The entire regiment, in dress uniforms, was marching in the foreign section of the parade, immediately after a special Dragon Master company in pink armour, and immediately before General Caimlin's honour guard.

Captain Del Grakken...

He is an interesting man, Vækadær thought. Easily corruptible, and not bright enough to see when he was being manipulated by someone with brains. And he was extremely well-placed...

The second-in-command of a full, elite, regiment, without any ties of allegiance to the nations of Dametreos. Possessing a sword that was the trademark of a very powerful and dangerous man. And a scion of one of the great nobles houses of Dragonar. A valuable pawn indeed...

One might almost say more than a pawn, Vækadær thought. Perhaps a rook. Certainly, Vækadær had plans for that Dragon Master regiment, if only he could get at them...

Lord Marshal Elbadar, that was the problem. Unlike his deputy, the marshal had both backbone and morals. And, as his family history would show, he was a survivor.

On that, and other matters, Vækadær brooded as the parade marched by. Such potential... but could he use it?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

The Beginning of the Banquet

Post by Formendacil »

The Gates of the Yellow Castle opened, and the parade marched in, until finally the last of the Cavalier escort had halted, and the Gates were closed behind them. It was mid-afternoon, the day of the Ball.

"Good job, everybody," the Emperor addressed those around him. "The crowds enjoyed the spectacle. Those of you who are attending the Ball, I suggest you go and dress. The banquet begins this evening at seven, the doors opening at six. Remember to bring your invitations, as Julius won't let you in, otherwise.

The parade broke up, with servants and grooms leading away the horses, carriages, and waggons. The dignitaries retired to their respective residences to dress for the evening.

At six o'clock sharp, the Steward of the Imperial household, Julius Hadrianica, ordered the doors of the banqueting hall opened. One by one, or in small groups, the finely dressed guests climbed the broad stairs, and showed their invitations to the steward, who inspected them, nodded, and gestured for them to enter. From there, they were escorted by a liveried servant to their places in the banqueting hall.

When seven o'clock came, and virtually all the guests had assembled, Julius came to the front of the assembled guests, and called for silence.

"Will you all please rise to welcome his Imperial Majesty, Constantius VII, Emperor of Legoland, King of Orion, Overlord of Dametreos."

The guests rose to their feet. Trumpets were sounded, and the Emperor appeared in the doorway, with an escort of twelve Cavaliers in dress uniform. They marched to the high table, where Constantius took his seat at its centre, and the Cavaliers took up positions along the back wall.

"Honoured guests," came the Emperor's voice, "let us bow our heads in a moment of reflective silence to thank the powers that be for the food, drink, and good cheer with which we are blessed."

All heads bowed respectfully in silence. After a half a minute or so, the Emperor raised his head, and again spoke.

"You may all be seated. Enjoy your meal."
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: The beginning of the Imperial Parade

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:“Oh, bother the chess game, you were winning anyhow. No, we must get read for the ball!”

Hans and Adrian’s step noticeably faltered.

“Like,” stuttered Adrian, “As in dressing up?”

“Of course!” said Cate, “And we must have one last lesson of dance etiquette, too!”

Hans and Adrian groaned.
The dance lessons went no better than any of the previous ones, and with Cate being in even more of a hurry, they probably went worse. Actually, they didn't last too long before Cate decided she had to dash off to have her hair done.

"But the banquet doesn't start for five hours," said Hans.

"Well, my hair is going to take a few hours anyway," said Cate. "So I need to get started. We don't want to be late."

"Well," said Adrian as Cate dashed away, "I'm in no hurry to dress. Care for a game of chess?"

"You're on!"

~~~~~~~~~

Four hours later, the trio left Slacsentius Manor, finely garbed, in a carriage being driven by one of the servants. At the gates of the Yellow Castle they alighted, and headed for the banqueting hall.

"Give me your arm," Cate hissed at Adrian. Flustered, he did so, and they walked along, Adrian acutely aware of Hans' stare behind his back, and of the warmth of Cate's skin. At the top of the stairs before the banquetting hall, he presented two invitations to the steward, Julius.

"Lord Sicl, and Lady Slacs-Sicl?" he said, peering over his glasses at them. "I thought you were older..."

Cate laughed. "Shall we call someone over to prove our identity?" And without waiting for answer, she laughed, and gave Adrian's arm a tug, steering him onwards. "Come along, Henry dear." Julius pinched his lips as they went on, but said nothing. He turned to Hans.

"Master Archivist Lentawl?" he said, frowning as he read the description, but he smiled at Hans. "This should really have been turned in for someone else, Master Hans, since your father didn't want it." And with a slight pat, he pushed the young archivist forwards, and turned to the Ninjarians waiting behind him.

Hans quickly caught up with Adrian and Cate, who were being led to one of the lower tables in the Hall. Their six dining companions were a couple of rather old, and wealthy, Classic noblemen, and the four delegates from the Bull Knights.

Hans, rather reluctantly, was led to the opposite side of the hall, where he was seated with seven very wealthy Classic merchants. As soon as the servant that had led him there left, he dashed over the table next to Cate and Adrian, and traded places with an egregrious Crusader shipping magnate, who leapt at the opportunity to sit with the merchants.

Hans leant back, and bumped his chair into Cate's. Adrian and Cate both craned their necks to talk to him.

"Very fancy," Adrian noted. "Wonder what we're going to be served."

"I haven't been near the kitchens since you showed up," said Hans. "I haven't actually spent much time in the Castle at all. It'll be good though."

Adrian looked down Hans' new table, seeing who was there. Seated across from Hans was a very pretty young Classic nobleman, with her mother. The rest of the table was filled with a bunch of elderly Classics and Royals. The girl winked at Hans, who didn't notice.

Adrian grinned. This could be fun.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Loc.: Orion

"Come on, Lhorn, the banquet starts in a half an hour, get ready" Aaylah said to Lhorn, knocking on the bathroom door.
"I'm coming, I'm coming. If you hadn't took so much time to get dressed I would be on time, too"

Finaly, Lhorn opened the door and exited the bathroom.

"Well, what do you think" he asked Aaylah turning around.
"It looks...royal"
"Thanks, I borrowed it from Radjar, I don't have clothes that fit this kind of event and I don't have the money to buy them, so I borrowed this"
"Come on, you're ready, let's go, Radjar is waiting at the door and Voolmark waites for me at the gates of the Yellow Castle"

They exited the inn and walked, or ran, together with Radjar towards the Yellow Castle. Just as Aaylah said, Voolmark was waiting for them.

"Aaylah!" he exclaimed when he saw her running up to him "it's has been so long since I've seen you"
"Hi, sis" Fraun said and hugged Aaylah "where have you been?"
"About everywhere, too much to tell you now" she replied.
"Captain Fraun, where is the time?" Radjar said while shaking his hand with Fraun.
"Radjar, what a pleasant surprise! And you are...?"
"Lhorn, Lhorn Bloodseeker, I'm a friend of Radjar and your sister"
"A friend of Aaylah" Voolmark said "just a friend or-"
"Voolmark, he's a friend, I'm old enough to pick my own friends"
"Yes, yes of course, I understand. Shall we enter?"
"Sure, after you" Radjar proposed.
"Well, thanks, that's friendly of you" Voolmark replied.
"Tickets, please" Julius asked.
"Here you go"
"Voolmark...that seems alright, you can enter"

Julius checked the other cards and in just a minute the group of five were in the Dining Hall.
Last edited by Sir Drake on Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

NOTE: I apologize that Jaythus and co. are in Orion so quickly, but I can't afford to miss this ball, 'kay? Perhaps in the future, I'll make another post to fill in the gap. As for the shortness of this post, it's the best I can manage right now. I'll edit it when I have an hour on my hands
Santis, Jayson and Jaythus stayed at the Wheeled Horse Inn. Jaythus had much to think about, but before he had time to slip into the bed, he was in a deep sleep.
Grid:

Early next morning, the Eastern Knights' Kingdom convoy left Barleyburg by ship for Orion. Over a hundred indvidauls were going; King Mathias, being a somewhat strange man demanded that all his best advisors and generals came with him.

They sailed on a huge Talonjain ship, The Speared Foe. Jaythus was amazed - and sea sick at the same time. The journey was easy ,and only took three days.

Soon, they had arrived in Orion, the Yellow Castle, capital of Classic-Legoland and power centre of Dametreos.

Jaythus, Mathias, Santis, Danju, Rascus and Jayson entered the Dinner, each with their tickets presented.

"This is it lad," Santis whispered, "now enjoy yourself!"

"That, I will, Si- er Santis, that I will!" Jaythus answered.
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

Rodeney had been wandering around the mainland when he came to Orion. He had found a ticket to the ball and thought he might try it. He was walking toward the dinner when a man walked up him. "Hello, are you going to the ball?" asked the stranger. "Yes, as a matter of fact I am." replied Rodeney. "Good. I am too. Maybe we can enter together." "May I see your ticket?" asked the stranger. "Here" said Rodeney handing him the ticket. "Ah yes, looks just like mine,"said the stranger, pulling his out from behind Rodeney's. They walked up to the door of the dinner and presented their tickets to the guards. They went into the dinner.
~
Vevorskar teleported into orion, after hearing about the ball.
"I think something like this would be apropriate." As he said this he changed in to a young man with a moustashe and long black hair. He had a fancy shirt with a medalion to go with it. "Now, an invitation." He saw some other guests walking by. He zoomed in his vision on their invitations, and got a good look a it. Then, he took a pile of dirt, and chanted a few words over it and it became an invitation just like the original. Venvorskar walked to the enterance and presented his ticket to the guards, and then walked in.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

J-10

Kor quickly walked down the streets of Orien, the ball started in about half an hour and he didn’t want to be late.

He had disregarded his thoughts about the sword he had bought, and put his mind else ware. The ball gave him much to think –and worry- about.

As he walked, he shoved the large bat helmet on to his head and fastened the bat-shaped brooch on his cloak. As he neared the entrance, he pulled out his invitation and looked at it.

“Well” he said “here goes nothing.”

He walked up to the porter and casually showed him the invitation. The porter looked at it, than gave a questioning look at Kor, but said nothing as he waved him through.

“Now the hardest part is over,” Kor muttered to himself as he passed through into the Yellow Castle “Now what?”

But he didn’t need to wait long, for soon a servant came and led him into the great hall, and from there to his table; which to Kor’s relief sat no other Fright Knights, but some classics, crusaders, Knights Kingdom I men and women. So hopefully no one would recognize him.

As he sat down they greeted him courtly, but didn’t much else to him.

Soon it would be time to eat.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

J-10 Orion

Valric groaned as he looked at himself in the mirror. His suit was “stylish” enough for a noble’s servant but was nothing in comparison to the actual nobles themselves. It was plain blue and square cut with a “CC” embroidered on on of the cuffs. The worst part was he couldn’t take his sword in. It itself was so big it had to go on his back. Still nearly most classic military men he’d seen had ceremonial swords. Valric grimaced in disgust at his own. It was a blunt dagger to his regular one but he could use it as a bludgeon if a horde of assassins leapt out from under a table.

Valric heard a single knock on the door, then Theodore showed himself in. “Ah Valric good to see your ready. The guest are starting to fill up the great hall.”

“I hate these formal type things. Look at me!” Valric muttered. Theodore nodded silently. He didn’t look quite right out of armour.

“So long as theres beer I’ll last.”

“That’s going to get you in trouble one of these days…” Said Theodore as the two walked out.

There was a long line of people waiting to get in. Valric noticed a lot of interesting people there. There were the trio of royal looking teenagers he saw in that tavern before the parade.

A duo of Fright Knights came behind them. One had long curvey mustaches with long black hair and a flashy suit. The tall one next to him had a cruel look in his eye and a jagged beard. After a sharp conversation an exaspherated Julius was glad to see the back of them.

“Bloody Draculs…..” Muttered Julius to the guard next to him.

“Ah Lord Colger and Sir Valric they aren’t any trouble” Julius said to the guard.

Not long afterward the two were lead to a table. The table itself was only half full there were a few Eastern Knights Kingdomers and the two Fright Knights who entered infront of them. One gold liveryed servant brought
Theodore a wine and Valric a beer.

“Well this isn’t soo bad…” Said Theodore…
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord Marshal Elbadar sat down after the grace, and waited for the servants to bring his food. Captain Oris Del Grakken sat next to him.

They had been seated at the same table as several other Dragon Masters. To be precise, they were seated with six of the eight people invited from Dragonar. Elbadar was seated directly across from Brigadier General Caimlin.

"Do I know you?" asked Caimlin, as they both unfolded their napkins.

"Lord Marshal Elbadar, chief commanding officer of His Majesty the Sorceror-king's Dametreosian Forces," Elbadar introduced himself.

"Ah, Targon's old deputy," said Caimlin, nodded. "I think we met in Orion. I don't remember you from the old days, I'm afraid."

"No reason you should," said Elbadar. "Sergeants and corporals moved in somewhat different circles. Those were peaceful days, I suppose, back before the war."

"As peaceful as Dragonar gets, I suppose," agreed Caimlin. "Although we both did well during the war, if you think about it. You're a marshal and I'm a general. Where is the Sorceror-king these days?"

"Gone," said Elbadar. "Apparently gone for good. The regiment is basically mine to do with as I please- and completely independent."

"Interesting," nodded Caimlin, pausing as their food was placed before them. The plates were full of richy, steamy Classic cooking. "So what are you up to with that freedom?" he asked as he raised a forkful of mashed potato to his mouth.

"I'm looking for mercenary commissions," said Elbadar, "but only for reputable jobs. Unfortunately, pretty much all commissions seem to have dried up since the war. Dametreos is very peaceful- which is a good thing, I suppose."

"It can't last forever," said Caimlin, sagely. "I figure that Dragonar, at least, is due for a shakeup sometime. Lord Void has been in power for quite a while. I doubt if all the dissidents died with Del Grakken."

"I know they haven't," said Elbadar, thinking of the younger Del Grakken. "Who do you view as the most likely threat?"

"Probably Jarvick," said Caimlin. "I'm not sure what happened, but he abdicated soon after returning to Monilious Dracis. I think that he and Lord Void may have had a falling out when they were looking for a cure for Lord V- I mean, Drock." Elbadar arched an eyebrow.

"Indeed?" he said. "I, personally, would have expected a greater threat from the established nobles. Del Grakken was one of them, after all, as was my old uncle, that fool Hadadar. Of all the factions, I'd say that Lord Void made more enemies of them than any other."

"Most were wiped out though," said Caimlin, "and Hadadar's example has them cowed, I think." He chewed a piece of steak. "Well, we'll see what happens. I'll stick by Lord Void, whatever happens. He's a survivor. I don't see him falling."

"No, me neither," said Elbadar, digging into his corn.

"Excuse me," came a voice from directly behind Elbadar, "I couldn't help overhearing part of your conversation. You are looking for a mercenary commission of decent repute?"

"I am," said Elbadar, "and you are?"

"Graygon of the Wolfpack," replied he, "personal aide to King Willem Blackcloak. I think we could use your services. Your men would be elite heavy infantry?"

"That's right," said Elbadar, nodding. "A type of soldier rather scarce in the Forestdweller nations, I understand."

"Sadly true," agreed Graygon. "Which is why we'd be interested, I think, in hiring you. A portion of the Houndstooth clan is still holding out in the Silverback Hills. Willem and I have a plan for defeating them, but we don't have the numbers of heavy infantry to facilitate it. And things being as they are, the cost of retraining and re-equipping some of the light infantry is very prohibitive, and counter to our general culture."

"Intriguing," said Elbadar. "I'd like to hear more."

"I'll get in contact with you in a couple days, after the Ball, and Willem and I will finalize the deal. You'll be in Orion for a while, I assume?"

"Yes," said Elbadar, "the staff of the Yellow Castle will know where to find me."

"Excellent."

Elbadar turned back to his plate and finished eating, but it was a large plate, and very rich. When finished, he leaned back and groaned:

"I think I have heartburn."
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Within a few days, a Western Knight’s Kingdom vessel was hired, and the weary band left Kingdom Isle, their sights set homeward.

Grid: N-10

Three weeks later, the mismatched party returned to Port Crowne to insanely wild celebrations. To much happened during the next few days for me to describe in great detail, so I shall sum it up: Anastasia returned to her family, a little rougher for wear but possessing a maturity level that surprised but also pleased her parents and brother. Captain Horatio Johnson was pardoned for straying from his orders and losing the Aterops. He was promoted to Admiral and was given a brand new vessel fresh from the shipyards. O’Brien was honored with a medal, was promoted to Captain and given his own ship. Rosa was also honored and thanks profusely, but she refused all gold rewards pressed upon her save for a small sum. “Give the rest to the people.” she said, “And clean up your tyco slums.” Shortly after celebrations had begun, she vanished, and no one knew where she went. As for Viktor Okzskcarouldghf, he too was honored and thanked. All charges against him were dropped, and he accepted a modest sum of cash, insisting, like Rosa to spend the rest of the award on improving the Crusader waterfront. When crowds asked about how he felt about his whole experience, he replied, “It was an adventure.”

And thus ends this tale.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].