Classic Castle Roleplay Planning: July 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Sir Kohran wrote:A historical question:

In the BloodVaine Epic, was the dragon that Bargon and Marus were taking through the Neverwood the same one that attacked Gib and Gart, and later became the Coal-Blood dragon? I'm confused. :?
Yes to the first part of your question, no to the second. This is what happened, broken down (let's call the dragon that Bargon and Marus hauled around "Puff"):

Gib and Gart run off into the Neverwood after their dads die.

Gart is bitten by Puff.

BloodVaine 'heals' Gart but makes him evil.

BloodVaine and Gart leave, and while they're away from Dametreos (I assume) Gart meets Coal-Blood.

Years pass.

On orders from Gart, Bargon and Marus take an aged Puff through the Neverwood, where they meet Gib.

Puff runs off, Gib confronts Marus and Bargon flees.

Bargon is caught by Targon, brought back to the Fire Breathing Fortress, and is poisened by Caimlin.

Marus and Gib go off with Lord Void.

Time passes.

Gart, knowing his power is weakening, returns to the Neverwood and eats Puff.

He then realizes what he had done over the years and vows to save Gib.

Time passes.

Gart convinces Aezezal to leave Gib and take him instead.

The demon Gart confronts the Stormspear Brothers.

Coal-Blood is crippled by the brothers.

Aezezal is banished, and Gart and Derrek are killed.

Coal-Blood is later killed by Bersun's army of Rebel Falcons.

That's it, in a nutshell. Hope this clears things up!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Thanks! That helped a ton.

My only other question: How did Gart redeem himself? From what I can tell, he willingly allowed Aezazel to possess him, so that the demon could drive back Bjarn's army from Orion.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Sir Kohran wrote:Thanks! That helped a ton.

My only other question: How did Gart redeem himself? From what I can tell, he willingly allowed Aezazel to possess him, so that the demon could drive back Bjarn's army from Orion.
Good question my friend. "How did Gart redeem himself?" Did he? I don't know if he did and I don't think that's what he was after. Gart went there to free Gib, and in that respect he succeeded. Of course he endangered the entire allied army, but then he was willing to sacrifice their future for that of his friend. Did he do the noble and heroic thing? Not necessarily. It’s up to the reader’s interpretation, but by no means feel obliged to think of Gart as a hero. Actually it’s funny that you would bring this up because I’ve got a post in the planning that touches on this very thing.

Oh, and nice recap there, Nate. Especially this line here:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote: Gart, knowing his power is weakening, returns to the Neverwood and eats Puff.
:lol:
Sounds pretty funny, reading it out of context. Although to be strictly accurate we must note that Gart needed Puff’s blood to cure him of the dragon poisoning. Heh, Puff. :lol: Maybe I should have given that Dragon a name, just to make it less confusing. Sometimes I even wish I hadn’t killed him. He was really just an ordinary dragon, that BloodVaine used for his own evil purposes. Not really evil himself. Ah well, I’m sure Puff if off yonder, living by the sea and frolicking in the Autumn mists in a land called…

Hmm, actually I’m not really sure what the name of that land was. Honeylee? Onaly? I’m-a-leech? Hmmmmm… more to ponder...
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

The Green Knight wrote:Oh, and nice recap there, Nate.
Thanks!
The Green Knight wrote:Especially this line here:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote: Gart, knowing his power is weakening, returns to the Neverwood and eats Puff.
:lol:
The Green Knight wrote:Sounds pretty funny, reading it out of context.
LOL, yeah! :lol:
The Green Knight wrote:Heh, Puff. Ah well, I’m sure Puff is off yonder, living by the sea and frolicking in the Autumn mists in a land called…Hmm, actually I’m not really sure what the name of that land was. Honeylee? Onaly? I’m-a-leech? Hmmmmm… more to ponder...
After some quick Googling, I found this:

http://www.smile-a-day.com/puff.shtml

So he lives in the land of Honah Lee...hmm...must be somewhere between Ikros and Dametreos. :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

After some quick Googling, I found this:

http://www.smile-a-day.com/puff.shtml

So he lives in the land of Honah Lee...hmm...must be somewhere between Ikros and Dametreos.
Hahahahaha! 8)

One last question: What happened to the dragon Bahamut, during the BloodVaine War? The last I could find on him was that he was sent out to help attack the Allied Army at Orion's gates. I guess he got killed, but who by?
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Sir Kohran wrote:One last question: What happened to the dragon Bahamut, during the BloodVaine War? The last I could find on him was that he was sent out to help attack the Allied Army at Orion's gates. I guess he got killed, but who by?
After picking apart the BloodVaine Epic with a fine-toothed comb, I find no hint that Bahamut was killed...methinks the RPers kind of forgot about him in the chaos...

...which means...

...he's still out there... :shock: