What's this picture?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

What's this picture?

Post by Sir Kohran »

Okay, I was looking over the old Lugnet Role Play site, and I found this image:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lordo ... c_logo.jpg

I know that the people at the top are the Misfits, and a few other guys, but who's the wizard at the bottom? And why's he holding a book? Who are the kids? When and where's it set? What's the meaning of the scene?

BTW, is the wizard Daner Pluto? :wink:
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I am going to make a guess here, nothing more.

The wizard is Voolmark, and the kids are a young Bjarn, Green Fox, and there girlfriend (can't remember here name).

Just a guess though, I am sure that Nate will tell you more.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Ah...looks like you've dug up the anchient original Classic-Castle Roleplay logo!

I created this image when the roleplay was still very small, during the begining of the Misfits Era. Each character and the three shields across the top represent every roleplay member who was part of the roleplay then. Some of them are obvious: Bjarn = me, Reno = Nik, Barbod = Brian, Drakko = LEGO_Knight, Graygon = sith35. Others are not so obvious. That other Forestman represents jeff_o_rama, the creator of Burtrand Storm-Rider. That Forestman is acutally a Pre-Roleplay character who appeared in the short story THE LEAGUE OF FORESTMEN. The ghost represents Neverroads, a member who never posted, and the three shields left to right are jimjo (ower of Aros), Lugz (owner of Daner Pluto) and Devari (owner of Willem Blackcloak). They used these shield designs as their avatars, and I used them since no pictures of their characters had been up at that time.

The image on the bottom with the wizard and the three children is not directly related to the Classic Castle Roleplay, and does not represent any characters. It's represents storytelling: the three children listening eagerly to the wizard weave an amazing tale of adventure. This symbol worked it's way into the current Classic-Castle Roleplay logo:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... ollage.jpg

The old storyteller can still be seen in the middle of the collage. Eventually, more members joined, (including but not limited to) Forester3291 and Daimyo, and older members began to leave, and it wasn't worth it to keep updating the logo.

Well, I think that's all...hope you all enjoyed my mini-essay!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Ah...looks like you've dug up the ancient original Classic-Castle Roleplay logo!

I created this image when the roleplay was still very small, during the begining of the Misfits Era. Each character and the three shields across the top represent every roleplay member who was part of the roleplay then. Some of them are obvious: Bjarn = me, Reno = Nik, Barbod = Brian, Drakko = LEGO_Knight, Graygon = sith35. Others are not so obvious. That other Forestman represents jeff_o_rama, the creator of Burtrand Storm-Rider. That Forestman is acutally a Pre-Roleplay character who appeared in the short story THE LEAGUE OF FORESTMEN. The ghost represents Neverroads, a member who never posted, and the three shields left to right are jimjo (ower of Aros), Lugz (owner of Daner Pluto) and Devari (owner of Willem Blackcloak). They used these shield designs as their avatars, and I used them since no pictures of their characters had been up at that time.

The image on the bottom with the wizard and the three children is not directly related to the Classic Castle Roleplay, and does not represent any characters. It's representing storytelling: the three children listening eagerly to the wizard weave an amazing tale of adventure. This symbol worked it's way into the current Classic-Castle Roleplay logo:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... ollage.jpg

The old storyteller can still be seen in the middle of the collage. Eventually, more members joined, (including but not limited to) Forester3291 and Daimyo, and older members began to leave, and it wasn't worth it to keep updating the logo.

Well, I think that's all...hope you all enjoyed my mini-essay!
Thankyou Nathan! I enjoyed reading that a lot.
The wizard is Voolmark, and the kids are a young Bjarn, Green Fox, and there girlfriend (can't remember here name).
I think their girl was called J'anrya.

Anyhow, Nathan's post intrigued me, and I had nothing better to do, so here's a quick short story, based on the image...

The cushions were comfortable, the house was warm, the food tasted good, the children were anxious and eager, his monkey was behaving, and the fire was crackling in the hearth. It was exactly the way the old storyteller liked it. He snuggled deeper into his armchair, smiling fondly at the three young children, two boys and a girl, seated (or jumping about, for use of a better word) before him, all three of them clamouring for a story.

"Well, young ones, which one do you want to hear this time?" he asked slowly. Instantly, the children fell quiet. They were never sure of which tale they liked best. In their eyes, each one was as good as another.

An old man, clad in green, his beard turned grey with the toil and work of countless years, noticed their confusion, and offered his own suggestion.

"Why not start at the beginning? When everything started?"

"Why not indeed, my lord?" the storyteller laughed. He picked up a large red book, reading out the golden letters on the front:

The Chronicles of Dametreos: Part One
The Misfits of Dametreos

And then, below, in smaller letters:

Based on a true story, written by Hans Lentawl, Archivist of Orion

"Is this a true story, sir?" said a serious-faced, long-haried boy.

"Oh...it's as true as you want it to be." he replied. "But I assure you that I believe every letter written in these excellent tomes, and so do your parents."

He smiled towards a tall man with an eyepatch, who was sitting near the back of the room with his wife. The man grinned back, remembering the days of his youth. The monkey chirped happily.

With that, the storyteller opened his book, and began to read, his deep rich, storyteller's voice filling the room:

"Reno took a light sip from his glass of ale, and scanned around..."

“Where are we going, sir?” Luxus asked.
“Luxus, lad.... I don't know.”

And with that, the story of the Misfits was finished.

It was late night now, the story was over, and the three children were sleeping soundly. Daner Pluto smiled as he set down the book.

"It looks like they enjoyed that a bit too much," a young man with dark hair laughed.

Daner grinned back. "Of course they did, Luxus. That's what children are meant to do."

Reno Regga, the man with the eyepatch, sat up. "When did they fall asleep?" he asked.

Shainya Regga, his wife, answered: "About half and hour ago, love. You don't mean to say that you fell asleep too?"

The former adventurer laughed. "I suppose I was lost remembering those wild old days, when we were young. And at least I woke up. He's still asleep." Reno added, glancing at the old man, Lord Bjarn of the Forestmen.

"Well, he has a right to sleep," Shainya said, "After all, he's twenty years older than both of us."

"Anyhow," Reno said, "Time for these little heroes to get to bed."

He picked up his oldest son, Gart, named after a hero of the BloodVaine War, and headed towards the stairs. Shainya followed, carrying their daughter J'anrya, the namesake of Bjarn's love, but not before kissing Daner lightly, adding, "Be well, old friend."

That left the sleeping Bjarn, Luxus, and Daner Pluto in the room. Without a word, Luxus picked up young Derrek, and carried him up to bed as well. Daner's monkey, Yonky jumped onto his lap.

Daner smiled at Bjarn, who opened his eyes and smirked. Then the two men laughed and went back to sleep.

A bit corny, I know, but I felt in the mood. :D
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

This is pretty cool Sir Kohran, it gave a nice homey feeling which is something that you don’t see too often in the actual Role-Play.
"a man will give his life for a mystery, but not a question mark."
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

A fine little tale, Kohlan. :)

Just a picky reminder: Nothing in there is canon, in relation to the Roleplay. :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Dragoman wrote:This is pretty cool Sir Kohran, it gave a nice homey feeling which is something that you don’t see too often in the actual Role-Play.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:A fine little tale, Kohran. :)

Just a picky reminder: Nothing in there is canon, in relation to the Roleplay. :wink:
What can I say; this is storytelling. :) And besides, even if I did regard this as canon, it's set at least ten years in the future, so don't hold your breath. :lol:

Anyhow, thankyou both. And I was aiming for a homey feel, it felt comfortable.

And it took my mind off of these awful, aching braces. Ah...the pain! The pain! It buurrrnnnsss us! :twisted:

- Matt
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Very nice- and funny- little story there, Kohran. Somehow, though, I don't see Shainya or Reno naming their son "Gart".

Maybe "Petitbjarn" or "Arosfry" or maybe even "Barbodsquirt"...

I'm joking!!!

Please don't hurt me...
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Formendacil wrote:Very nice- and funny- little story there, Kohran. Somehow, though, I don't see Shainya or Reno naming their son "Gart".

I'm joking!!!

Please don't hurt me...
Barbodsquirt??? :shock: :lol:

I don't see Shainya and Reno's offspring having names even remotely like that! :lol:
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Formendacil wrote:Very nice- and funny- little story there, Kohran. Somehow, though, I don't see Shainya or Reno naming their son "Gart".

I'm joking!!!

Please don't hurt me...
GGAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! YOU WILL PAY! :twisted:

But why not Gart? He was a hero in the end.

- Matt
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Kohran wrote:GGAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! YOU WILL PAY! :twisted:

- Matt
WE know that, but do Shainya and Reno?

Anyway, as far as heroes go, they've got the whole of Dametreos to draw off of: Bjarn, Barbod, Aros, Luxus, Willem, Graygon, Drakko.... and so on down to the current era.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Formendacil wrote:
Sir Kohran wrote:GGAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! YOU WILL PAY! :twisted:

- Matt
WE know that, but do Shainya and Reno?

Anyway, as far as heroes go, they've got the whole of Dametreos to draw off of: Bjarn, Barbod, Aros, Luxus, Willem, Graygon, Drakko.... and so on down to the current era.
Well...I was actually naming them after dead good guys: Derrek Stormspear, Dacker Colagart, and J'anrya.

- Matt
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Sir Kohran wrote:
Formendacil wrote:Anyway, as far as heroes go, they've got the whole of Dametreos to draw off of: Bjarn, Barbod, Aros, Luxus, Willem, Graygon, Drakko.... and so on down to the current era.
Well...I was actually naming them after dead good guys: Derrek Stormspear, Dacker Colagart, and J'anrya.
Who said Shainya and Reno are going to name their kids after heroes? What about Lil Void? Or Baby BloodVaine? Or Majisto Jr.? :P :twisted:
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

I like the story Matt :)
Who said Shainya and Reno are going to name their kids after heroes? What about Lil Void? Or Baby BloodVaine? Or Majisto Jr.?
Lol. What about The Sorcerer King the 2nd? :twisted:
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Sir Dillon wrote:I like the story Matt :)
Who said Shainya and Reno are going to name their kids after heroes? What about Lil Void? Or Baby BloodVaine? Or Majisto Jr.?
Lol. What about The Sorcerer King the 2nd? :twisted:
Or young Vermicus? Or Cutey Coal-Blood? :lol: :roll: