Classic-Castle Roleplay: August 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Robin Hood wrote:The old man slapped his leg. "Well gal-dang it, I didn't did I? You just pass by Miz Merwilda-bangcock's place on your way out and tell her a message from me. Tell that old coot that I ain't never gonna go to er place for tea. Not if the whole dang army tried to make me. And tell her that she'd better keep her dang-busted bottom out of my business or I'll turn her into a wart bustin pail. And tell her that she ain't never gonna step foot in my yard, or I'll curse her so that she grows twenty foot long nose hair that’s colored green."
Grid: J-10

"Rrrr, someday, that old man is going to bite off more than he can chew. And I just hope that I am there to see it." Grumbled Aiden as they walked down a street.

"We got the information we needed, can you really complain?" asked Kae-Os.

"Yes I can and I will. My ears will never quite be the same after delivering that message."

"I did try to warn you," said Kae-Os quietly. "But no, you had to go and say yes before he would elaborate. Its your own fault."

The two walked in silence for a while. "Sooo," mused the elf. "Our quarry is on the ninja island. I never found out much about the ninjas last time, what’s their country like?"

Aiden had been to Dametreos twice before. The first time he had been alone and had traveled just about all of it. The second time, Kae-Os had been with him, and their journey had been short, only two months, and had been restricted to parts of the mainland. Parts that didn't include Ninjara.

"I don't know too much about them myself. The brief time I spent there was spent trying to avoid some pirates. I never got to see much of the scenery. What I do know is that they are ruled by their own Emperor. Right beneath him in power is the Shogun, the military leader. Then you have the Daimyos, their the high ranking lords. That’s about all I know of the hierarchy. I never actually saw a "ninja" per-say, just your regular people. However, while we should get in no problem, be warned, they aren't too friendly with strangers. You can bet you helmet that the shifter is looking like a ninja."

"Hmm," muttered Kae-Os. "Well, we had better get moving. The ninja island is a ways away."

The two then left Orion and headed west.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

K-12 The Fright Knight/Legoland Border

The company of four horsemen soon came in sight of the old border outpost. It was almost unreal one side the lands were green and full of life. Less then ten feet away the lands were full of death and sorrow. The only plant life to be seen across the jagged landscape were pitiful weeds on the verge of death and stunted black, withered trees which seemed to be crying out in anguish.

“Well friends, this looks like a jolly place!” Laughed Rodney as the group trotted over.

The small border outpost was little more then a fenced off shack with a tower poking out on one side. It most likely held a garrison of ten or so men. The outposts main purpose besides being a welcome haven for travellers leving that dreary land was to raise the alarm in case a horde of vile monsters shambled out. It had happened with orcs and zombies in the past and the Knights Chevron resolved to do something about it.

As the four made their way to the compound a black and green clad sentry on top of the watch tower spotted them. Four more men in black and green walked out to meet them. All four had their visors raised, each had an old fashioned broadsword at their belts.

Theodore and Valric approached the two while Rodney and Stickle hung back. Theodore was the best in such matters and Valric was content to let him do all the talking. Theodore just said they were going to visit Count Dracul. The Chevron Knights had heard of him since his domain was directly across from them.

The Legolanders gave them one last pitiful lunch before they set out. According to the Outpost Captian, game was scarce in the Batlands and this close to them on their side of the border. Luckily the group had packed enough provisions for them to get there and back if they couldn’t find a good food source.

Soon afterward they began to saddle up. After bidding the Chevron Knights good bye they set out. Theodore took the point with Rodney and Jother following close behind. Valric didn’t realize it but he was lagging behind.

Before he spurred his horse onward, the Chevron Captian walked up to him and whispered a few words under his breath.

“Don’t ye venturin’ off the main road unless one of yer mates are in danger. Don’t go near and any old ruins ye find. And most importantly don’t ye get caught outside after dark!”

Valric nodded in understanding. He had been in the Batlands before…
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:“That be good, Japheth. Very good indeed…now we know…now we can strike…”

Japheth looked surprised.

“Now?”

“Yes, now.”
Grid: E-11

Ajaxx stood sharply. He disregarded his previous game and swept the pieces off the board. He quickly folded the board and put the pieces in a draw-string bag.

“Go, Japheth.” ordered Ajaxx, “Find Captain Dolter and have him round up the brigade. I be wanting them assembled on the Precious in the hour.”

“We be setting sail?” asked Japheth, befuddled.

Ajaxx shook his head.

“Nay. The Precious be the only place all of the Brigade can assemble without attracting attention…”

In a little over thirty minutes, the entire Dragonsbane Brigade was assembled on the deck of the Royal merchant ship Precious. Ajaxx, decked out in his heavy armor, scarlet cape and golden dragon helm, strode back and forth, surveying his men stoically. Suddenly he began to speak.

“Men of the Dragonsbane Brigade! The days are waiting be over! The time to attack be now!”

The Brigade roared in approval. Nearby Royal Knight dockhands and sailors looked up, suddenly nervous.

“Today!” cried Ajaxx, drawing his three-foot-long sword, “We take Gulaan!”

More roaring and stomping. Gulaan was a Dragon Master town known for it’s smith work and ore exports. The Royals nearby were now confused as well as nervous. Dragon Masters invading Dragonar?

“Comrades!” called Ajaxx, “Hear me well. We take Gulaan, not destroy it! Gulaan be as Dragon Master as we! Reclaim what be ours! Don’t destroy it!”

The Brigade roared. As much as they appeared to be in a bloodlust-fueled frenzy, they were in fact completely level-headed. It was a long trek to Gulaan. It was not like they were going to rush off the Precious and invade at once. They would wait until Ajaxx had laid out a plan of attack, and then they would follow it to the best of their ability. The men of the Dragons Brigade were not barbarians. They were highly-trained soldiers, the best of the best.

“Now!” Ajaxx cried, “Prepare to move out!”

And then every man of the Dragonsbane Brigade leapt to do a duty, to pack and prepare. They were quick, efficient and excited. In two hours, the Brigade was ready. It was high noon. Ajaxx was well-pleased. They would reach Gulaan an hour before dusk. Then they would attack.

“MOVE OUT!” bellowed Ajaxx, and the Dragonsbane Brigade, loaded with packs, began to file through Port Jozef and into the plains beyond. The Royals watched them go, mouths agape.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
De_EmU
Villein

Post by De_EmU »

The knights headed back toward the nearest city as Mulkriune headed eastward to wherever east would take him.
Grid: F-11

In the shadowy hours of darkness the golden moon shined with a slight chilly breeze in the air. The sound of nothingness created the feel of doom in every step as the sent of blood taint the surroundings. Mulkriune has been riding for hours and hasn’t found an area to rest. He is starved and dehydrated for he had nothing to consume or drink for over a day.

“Take it down! Slaughter it! Shoot its wing!” a voice roared not too far away as a screech which sounded similar to hawk’s broke the silence of the dark night.

Mulkriune unsheathed his scythe hopped off his horse and crept closer. As he peered through the plants, Mulkriune witnessed a skirmish between a mighty griffon and a charcoal black dragon with a crimson head and wings accompanied by four spear wielded men. Bam! Mulkriune suddenly felt enormous pain behind his head as his vision quickly turn black.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Takemasa had been working all day. He had awoken early in the morning but not early enough. Hidemitsu had already been gone. Takemasa had just eaten a small breakfast and then he had started to build a small cottage. The building had taken most of the day but he had finished it two hours ago and now he just lay there and waited for his brother and that man Kor to come.

He was rather tired now but before all he was hungry but he would wait for his brother to come. He would wait, he would endure...

Five minutes later a cauldron of water was boiling on the little campfire. Takemasa sighed in relief and stopped chopping vegetables. He took the water and made a cup of green tea and then he proceded with the food. The unpolished rice had been lying all day on a stone and had been roasted by the sun. Takemasa looked at it and it made his mouth water. He finished the salad and put some tofu in it. Then he took some rice in a bowl and sat down to eat. He reached for the cup of tea but it wasn´t there, he turned to look and gazed right into his brother´s kind eyes.

Hidemitsu smiled a broad smile and held the cup in one hand. He wore his black clothes but the upper parts of his torso and his hair was filled with ash.

"Oh, how kind of you to make some tea for me, Takemasa-chan." He put the cup to his lips and sipped some and his smile widened. "Excellent work."

Takemasa frowned slightly but smiled as well. He couldn´t do anything but feel happy to see his brother again. But he cursed quietly to himself. Megabloks! How could I be such a weakling? And now he saw it all. Megabloks!

Hidemitsu still smiled and looked at the rice and the salad. "Oh, the food is ready too. Very kind of you, brother. I´m sure Kor will be very happy."

Takemasa again cursed himself, and his brothers uncanny ability to always know what he was thinking and replied. "So this Kor is coming then?"

Hidemitsu nodded. "Indeed." Then he gave back the empty cup of tea to Takemasa. "Thanks." He turned around and walked a few steps away from the fire and then he sat down.

"I´ll meditate until he arrives." He turned to Takemasa again and winked. "And eat some of that food now before you die of starvation, Takemasa-chan. Just leave something for us." Then he turned and the glade was completely silent except for the crackling of the fire.

Takemasa looked at the food but then he turned to meditate as well. I won´t eat any tyco food before he does.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

J-10

Kor stepped through the gates of Orien. He had taken a day longer then he probably needed, but he wanted the time to think; turning from a samurai to pirate would not be easy.

After some time of walking, he reached some woods, which he guessed were the woods the Hidemitsu had talked about. Kor wasn’t sure what he had meant by a grey falcon, but as he looked at the map Hidemitsu had given him, he guessed he wouldn’t have any trouble finding the camp.

Sure enough, Kor soon spotted a small clearing, as he peered through the brush, he noted a boy –or small man- dressed in loose fitting black clothes, sitting perfectly still with his back towards him. Kor guessed this was Takemasa; Hidemitsu’s brother, but still, he would take no chances.

He drew his sword and quietly crept towards the sitting boy, but as he neared, the boy quickly rolled over, jumped up and drew his own sword. But as he was about to jump at Kor, he hesitated and looked inquiringly at him. Then said;

“You are Kor aren’t you?”

Kor laughed and said “aye, that I am. I presume you are Takemasa then?”

Takemasa nodded “We were expecting you. Come with me, by brother will be waiting.”
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Sir Dillon wrote:Sure enough, Kor soon spotted a small clearing, as he peered through the brush, he noted a boy –or small man- dressed in loose fitting black clothes, sitting perfectly still with his back towards him. Kor guessed this was Takemasa; Hidemitsu’s brother, but still, he would take no chances.

He drew his sword and quietly crept towards the sitting boy, but as he neared, the boy quickly rolled over, jumped up and drew his own sword. But as he was about to jump at Kor, he hesitated and looked inquiringly at him. Then said;

“You are Kor aren’t you?”

Kor laughed and said “aye, that I am. I presume you are Takemasa then?”

Takemasa nodded “We were expecting you. Come with me, by brother will be waiting.”

Takemasa brought Kor deeper into the woods and after a minute they came to a slightly bigger glade. There was a small very simple hut in the middle of it and there was a small fire burning outside the hut.

Kor looked around the glade and saw a flat stone with unpolished rice on. Unpolished rice? he thought. They actually eat unpolished rice. But before he could think anymore he spotted Hidemitsu.

Hidemitsu came into the glade from the other way and was carrying a cauldron with water. He smiled at Kor. "Ah, welcome, Kor. I was just about to make some tea, are you hungry?"

Kor certainly was hungry. He looked at the unpolished rice for a few moments but finally he said. "Yes, I am."

Takemasa went into the hut and Hidemitsu sat down beside the fire. He smiled at Kor. "You may think we are primitive, Kor but in time you will find that unccoked food and unpolished rice will make you strong and strengthen your awareness and your stamina."

Kor nodded hesitantly. He certainly hoped so, then it would be endurable.

After a few moments Takemasa came out of the hut again and he carried a bowl with vegetables and tofu. Finally, food, Takemasa thought as he put down the bowl on the ground.

A few minutes later they were sitting and drinking tea and eating raw unpolished rice and vegetables. Kor had never thought he would do that in his whole life but he actually found it tasty. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the refreshening feeling the simple food gave him.

Maybe it won´t be too hard to become a shinobi after all, he thought. But he was dead wrong. "Tomorrow we will start training, Kor", Hidemitsu said and sipped on his tea.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:“MOVE OUT!” bellowed Ajaxx, and the Dragonsbane Brigade, loaded with packs, began to file through Port Jozef and into the plains beyond. The Royals watched them go, mouths agape.

The Dragonsbane Brigade marched hard, but rested often. Ajaxx knew the value of not tiring one’s troops before a battle. It was better to arrive late and strong as opposed to early and tired. Every half-hour the Brigade stopped to rest for ten minutes, and then they continued marching onward, the intense late summer sun beating down upon them. But none complained. They were too disciplined, too loyal for that. The entire Brigade was on foot, including the higher officers. Not even Ajaxx rode. Ajaxx saw no need to allow himself the luxury of riding while his soldiers had walk. “Horses are for calvary.” he had said once long ago when someone had asked him why he didn’t ride.

Ajaxx’s prediction had been accurate: when the first mosquitoes appeared and the sun was low, an advance scout returned and reported the city of Gulaan was less that a mile ahead. Ajaxx ordered the Brigade stop and rest while he went forward, guided by the scout, and observed the city. Japheth was left in charge.

Quickly, the lightly-armored scout strode through the trees, and soon Gulaan was in site. Gulaan was a mining town, built haphazardly near and around crumbling rock outcroppings and a muddy river. It was not a pretty town, but it was not squalid. The road was of packed dirt. Rough tracks cross-crossed the road and dissected the town. Ore carts, some full and some not, rested on the tracks. Piles of ore lay scattered on the outskirts of the town. The buildings of the town were mostly old, but not decrepit, and consisted of what one would expect to see in a mostly self-sufficient town: homesteads, inn, brothel, blacksmith, cobbler, and stone stables with enough room for half a dozen work dragons. Ore dust lay think on everything. It was not the ugliest town in Dragonar, but it wasn’t the prettiest either.

As Ajaxx watched, a dumpy, pinch-faced woman hobbled out of a elongated house and, with her cooking spoon, rattled a large, dented bronze bell. At once, grim-covered miners dropped their pickaxes and most made their way immediately to the longhouse. Most were shackled. Slaves.

Ajaxx nodded slowly. He could see very few Dragon Master soldiers.

“Very good.” he said, “Fardin, stay here. Be keeping an eye at all times on Gulaan.”

Fardin the scout nodded sharply.

“Yessir.”

Ajaxx returned to the Brigade and gave the order to attack.

“It be simple.” he instructed his officers, “It be not a fortified town. Soldiers be few. Slaves a plenty. Surround the town, and kill little as possible, if any. Methinks these persons will give up quickly. Remember, they be our kin. We might turn them to our own ways. Now let us go.”

The officers nodded.

“For the Dragonsbane!” they cried, though not very loudly.

The officers departs and organized their divisions quickly. Then the attack upon Gulaan began. Atop a hill, Ajaxx and Japheth watched the Brigade fall upon the mining town.

“The board is set,” pronounced Ajaxx, “The pieces are moving.”

“It has come,” said Japheth grandly, “The great battle of our time.”

Ajaxx looked at Japheth quickly, and almost laughed.

“This be but the first in many battles, none of whom be great, methinks.” Ajaxx chuckled slightly, “There be nothing grand nor great ‘bout taking a mining village.”

“The why take it?” asked Japheth.

“Us taking a single village be not great, but the taking of a dozen such villages…” Ajaxx paused, “That be greater. And the more we reclaim Dragonar, the more Void looses. We have the power.”

“But Void be a sorcerer.” shuddered Japheth.

“Aye.” nodded Ajaxx, “And that be his weakness.”
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:As Alice breezed out of the room, Dale looks back at his arm. He felt cold. He had returned to among the living…but at what cost? Would he remain an ugly invalid forever?
Grid: P-10
Location: A room in Mistress Korvalt’s house, located in the Dark Forest village of Hemmerington

For the next two weeks, Dale was taken care of by Healer Melkan, Alice Clooney, and Mistress Korvalt. Actually, Alice did most of the work; feeding Dale, applying herbs and poltices to his cuts, and rubbing his body to firm it back up. Melkan checked in on Dale twice a day as promised for the first week, but then there was a pretty nasty incident involving a rabid bear, a box of fireworks, a bonfire, and three villagers, Melkan was attention was completely diverted, leaving Alice in charge of Dale. By the third week, Dale's muscles had began to grow, and he was put through daily exercised to strengthen them further. All this while, he talked with Alice, while never saying much about himself.

Then came the day he began walking.

"Walk?" gasped Dale, "Now?"

Aliced nodded.

"You need to. Your muscles will NEVER work properly unless you use them. Come, take my arm."

And so, leaning on Alice, Dale wobbled about his cramped room. It was amazingly hard. Dale never thought doing something that seemed so natural would take so much energy. He collasped on his bed, breathing hard.

"That was very good!" said Alice brightly.

They proceeded to have lunch. Alice sat on the foot of Dale's bed, eating a pastry.

"Now...Dale," Alice began quietly, "You've never really told any of us. How did you come to be buried alive?"

Dale stiffened. He knew this time had to come. Carefully, he prepared his next words...
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

L-12 Castle Dracul Area

The two windships were now within site of Castle Dracul. Pythos stood at the top of the tallest tower and looked at them and cackled with glee. He rubbed his hands together and swung down a small ladder onto the top floor where several attendants waited to cater to his every whim. The sorcerer sent one slave to fetch his officers.

Within minutes after the fleet footed slave departed he returned with Rayok and a dozen other officers. Pythos gestered to the two rapidly approaching windships.

“Whom do you serve?” Hissed Pythos as he inspected the assembled elites.

“Count Pythos! The Blessed Savior who will free us from our bondage! The Son of Gods! The Lord of the Megablox!” Growled a dozen throats in unision.

Pythos clapped his hands, still cackling maniacally. “O very good! Very good! Now go forth my minions, for the time when these cursed minfigs will be enlightened is almost upon us! Bring me the one called Belzzar Dracul!” Bellowed Pythos. The brainwashed elites filed out, one by one…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belzzar was nugded awake by one of the elites in the windship.
“Whatisit?” He growled to no one inpaticular.

“Master, Castle Dracul is in sight!” Said the pilot, pointing to it.

“Ah excellent! This whole tyco trip has drained me.” He grumbled, sitting up strait.

Time itself seemed to slow for a few minutes as the windship reached it’s goal. Belzzar began to notice great numbers of his men milling about beneath them. “What the bloody tyco is this all about?” He growled, scratching his head.

Then a volley of arrows racked the two windships. Many embedded themselves in the basket while some peirced the dragons’ scales. “Traitors!!!!!!! Kill them, kill them all!!!!!!!!” Screeched Belzzar.

Radu understood the situation and ordered the two windships to turn around. As Belzzar’s ship began to turn around an arrow landed in the throat of one of the elites. One of the others tried to grab him but with a gurgle he fell out of the windship, to be torn to shreds by the fanatical crowds bellow.

“Traitors! Kill them all!” Shrieked Belzzar.

“THUNDERO!” He hissed. Instantly a bolt of lightning flashed across the sky. Frying a dozen of his former supporters.

Drained, he collapsed on the basket floor. He lay forgotten while the remainder of the crew struggled to keep the windship moving as dozens of arrows lodged themselves in it…
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

At the end of the ball, Venvorskar had left, and flown back to his ship on Eragorn (His dragon). Inside the ship was Knickle and Venkor. Venvorskar landed on the deck. He dismounted, and opened the hach leading to the hold. He dropped down onto the lower ship and immediatly went to Venkor's quarters.

Venkor was lying on the bed with Knickle sitting watching him.

"How are you feeling master?" asked Venvorskar.

Venkor, little more than a shadow on the bed replied," I grow weaker every day Venvorskar, my faithful servent. You must find something to bring me streignth, or I will become no more than a ghost. Search your books of magic, there must be something you can do!" he said in harsh whisper. "Tell me of this land, is it better than Irnos, where we came from?"

"It is less advanced than Irnos, but is about the same as Farsardia." said Venvorskar.
"Ah yes, that horrible world of squabbling kings and peasents; what did you do here?" asked Venkor.

"I have been to a ball master." replied Venvorskar.

"A ball, well this is certanly worthy of our time! Go search your books!"

Venvorskar went to his quarters to look through his books.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Maedhros wrote: Maybe it won´t be too hard to become a shinobi after all, he thought. But he was dead wrong. "Tomorrow we will start training, Kor", Hidemitsu said and sipped on his tea.

It was early morning now. The sun had risen just a few minutes ago and Hidemitsu had awakened Kor and Takemasa about half an hour ago and they had finished their breakfast. Kor drank up the last of his tea and looked at Hidemitsu.

"So, you mentioned something about training, Hidemitsu."

Hidemitsu nodded. "Indeed, Kor. We´ll begin now. Pack up all of your belongings." The last was meant for Takemasa as well and he and Hidemitsu started to gather the few things they had with them.

Kor just looked at them and fingered on his sword. "But..."

Hidemitsu looked up and smiled. "Yes, the training. Today we will walk." And after a few moments he added: "And breath."

Kor nodded slightly. This might get interesting.

They had been walking for four hours without rest now and Takemasa had begun to tire. He looked at Kor who kept walking without complaining. Takemasa had expected him to tire before him. He was very tired now but he was determined as well. Keep on, Takemasa. You won´t stop before that beginner does, he said to himself.

Hidemitsu glanced over his shoulder at Takemasa and Kor. He saw that Takemasa would need rest soon. He was only a boy after all. Hidemitsu tended to forget that sometimes.

He stopped and looked at both of them. "We will stay here an hour. Well done both of you. I´m impressed, Kor. You´re walking with perfectly small steps and bent knees. You´ll soon know how it feels to walk on a pillow of air."

When he had said that all three of them sat down. They had cleared a long distance, they had walked fast, much faster than Kor had ever done before.

After a few moments Hidemitsu spoke again: "Now we´re going to practice diaphragm breath."

Kor sighed. "But, but what good is this for?" He regretted it the moment later and expected a sharp reply but Hidemitsu just gazed at him.

"I know of your skills with the sword, Kor. And I truly respect that but you won´t get far with only that. You´ll need to learn how to fight with everything at your disposal, be it a sword, a kyoketsu shoge or your body. But you´ll also need a strong physical and mental foundation. I´m sure you´d beat me in a fair swordduel but if you´re going to fight for Emperor Regojin XXXIII you´ll need both great strength, agility and endurance. Now please listen to me."

Kor nodded. "I´m sorry."

Hidemitsu smiled kindly. "No need to feel sorry. I wouldn´t like to have mindless intellabrix with me."
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:“But Void be a sorcerer.” shuddered Japheth.

“Aye.” nodded Ajaxx, “And that be his weakness.”

The attack was swift and precise. And no blood was spilt, even a slave’s. When the haggard Dragon Master soldiers who supervised the mining town saw the Dragonsbane Brigade crashing toward them from all sides, they dropped their weapons and ran. Chaos ruled Gulaan for an hour as the residents attempted to piece together what had happened. The slaves were unsure if they had been liberated, and the Dragon Masters were unsure if they were truly under attack at all. Though Dragonar certainly had had it’s share of civil wars, there hadn’t been one since before the rise of Lord Void, and the thought of Dragon Masters attacking Dragon Masters was befuddling.

Atop the hill, Ajaxx nodded in satisfaction.

“That be good.” he murmured, and turned toward Japheth, “Let us examine our prize now.”

As Ajaxx and Japheth descended the hill, Captain Darvack approached and saluted.

“Sir,” he reported, “Gulaan is taken. No casualties.”

Ajaxx nodded.

“That be good. Round up the slaves and put them away in their pens. I be wanting no illusions of liberation floating about. Gather the rest in the square.”

“Yessir.”

Soon this was done, and Ajaxx looked down upon the defeated residents of Gulaan.

“I be Ajaxx Dragonsbane.” cried Ajaxx, addressing the crowd, “Be there a wielder of magic among ye?”

Silence.

“That be good!” bellowed Ajaxx, “For there be, there would be blood split tonight! I have compassion for my kin, fellow Dragon Masters, but none for those hellspawn who perform the dark arts!”

Ajaxx continued, pacing back and forth and raising his arms in the air, “I be the Dragonsbane, and I be on a conquest! I be here to reclaim all of Dragonar, to reclaim it for the Dragons Masters! There once be a time when Dragonar -- a nation of men -- was ruled by men! That time be, be gone for many years! Now we work in suppression under a wizard -- a wizard! That be not right. It be not right that men -- strong, proud men -- should be forced to obey hellspawn such as magic-wielders!”

Ajaxx’s chest was now heaving.

“But no more! I have taken the first step to freedom! Join me, fellow Dragon Masters, and return Dragonar to the men!”

The Dragon Master soldiers looked at one another. It was a convincing speech. Many, if not all, of the soldiers there were at Gulaan unwillingly, having been transferred to the stinking mining town as a form of punishment. Quietly, a murmur of agree rippled though the crowd.

Ajaxx looked at the soldiers.

“What say you?” he asked.

“AYE!”

Ajaxx nodded in satisfaction. He turn to captains Dolter, Darvack and Jeckel.

“Get those soldiers organized. Find quarters for the Brigade. And complete the securing of the city. Double guards every then yards, and a Farsight on every roof.”

“Yessir!”

The captains rushed away, and Ajaxx was left to stare at the busy streets of Gulaan. His first city.

“Your move, Void.” whispered Ajaxx.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Sir Drake wrote:"He's here..." the Sorcerer muttered "the wizard's here. Crom!"
"Yes, milord" came the sheer reply.
"Notify Sharkey on the mainland that he should prepare him and his wolfriders and search for a wizard"
"Yes, but there are many wizards, milord"
"I know, but these one is accompanied by some very colorful men, Eastern Kingdom Knights, he'll be easy to recognize"
"It'll be done, lord"
Sir Kohran wrote:"Oh, but you already have," Vermicus gloated, staring at Solesstorn's undead hand. "Your end is already beginning!"

Suddenly, the pool exploded, and water rippled and splashed everywhere. The image was gone. Solesstorn staggered back, dropping his staff, shaking and reeling, but secretly, he was relieved. And with that, he started to travel back up the tunnel to the surface of Dametreos.
Grid: K-10

Solesstorn retreated down the hill sluggishly. He felt weary. Specks of water touched his forehead. He looked up. The skies were darkening. Rain was coming. Solesstorn tasted the air. He held out his deformed, undead hand. His brow furrowed.

Magic was in the air. A magic tainted.

Hurriedly, Solesstorn scanned the horizon. He didn’t see anything. Yet. He shoved his undead hand back into his glove and returned quickly to the camp. The three Eastern Knight’s Kingdomers were crouched around a sputtering fire, eating.

“There we go…” Viktor was saying, “Tomatoes, and nice, crispy bacon…”

Solesstorn stared at the fire, then he looked at the horizon worriedly. And this time his fears were confirmed. He saw them. And they saw him. Wait. Not him: the fire. Solesstorn rushed forward.

“Put it out, you fools, put it out!”

Solesstorn whipped out his staff and violently blasted the fired. It scattered into ash, floating away on the damp breeze. A breeze that was picking up.

“Steady on!” snarled Santis.

Just then a piercing, ghostly howl sliced through the air. It was followed by another, and another. Jaythus stood, pale.

“What are they?” he shuddered.

“Bloodwolves?” guessed Viktor, remembering the tales of the fearsome vicious beasts that were now haunting the Neverwood.

Solesstorn shook his head impatiently.

“Get on the horses. They’re wolfriders, orcs with wolves as mounts.”

“Orcs?” growled Viktor, “We wiped them out years ago…”

Solesstorn just shook his head impatiently.

“Get on the horses!” he hissed.

Grumbling, Viktor and Santis obeyed.

“Come along, young Jaythus.” said Solesstorn, leaping upon his own dark gray mount and pulled Jaythus up behind him.

Quickly the horses began to trot away. More howls pierced the air. And now, Jaythus could hear other things: the clink of metal, and inhuman jeers. He glanced behind. All he could see were smudges in the dark.

“Can they catch us?” he asked fearfully.

Solesstorn did not reply. Rain began to fall.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

L-12 Castle Dracul Area

The two windships flew several miles away and landed in a secluded, rocky area.
“Traitors! They must all burn! Burn, burn, burn!!!!” Growled Belzzar jumping out the windship.

“Calm down!” Barked Radu impatiently.

“It’s all so bloody clear now. Pythos meant this all along, he wanted to userp me! He probley has all my men under the same dratted spell as he had that Weigraf fellow under.” Muttered Belzzar. He gripped his batstaff so tightly that he was starting to turn purple. “That madman must be stopped before it’s too late. For this I might have already fallen out of favor with the Lady. She doesn’t care for weak Batlords…” Groaned Belzzar hatefully.

Captian Radu and the remainder of the elites stepped back cautiously and left the mad Count to his ramblings.

“Sir what are we gonna do?” Said one elite in a hushed whisper, not wanting to attract the attention of the “Crazy Count.”

The remaining four elites looked at Radu for advice. “How should I know?” He muttered, shrugging his shoulders.

“Pythos couldn’t have turned every single one them against us.” Radu turned to look in the direction of of Castle Dracul. “One of us should go scout it out.” The four elites looked at him blankly. “I’ll go myself, you four see to the count!” Snapped Radu, unsheathing his scimitar. Before the four elites could protest, Radu had dissapeared into the treeline.

Radu set off at a brisk trott through a small hunting trail. Gripping his scimitar tightly he scanned the silent, stunted trees wearily. He had lived long enough and seen enough to know it could be a fatal mistake to wander the Batlands alone. He pressed on tirelessly for several hours, going over how he could have been sitting in Castle Dracul right now. A slave could be bringing him his daily douse of rum. Belzzar would set to work torturing someone for disobedience…

Soon Radu came on a small hamlet. One of several surroundind\g the castle. Each of these swore fealty to the count and provided manpower and supplies. The sun began to creep down the silent hills. Shivering, Radu ran to look for shelter for the night. After pounding on a door of one shack, several peasants loyal to the count let him in. They served Radu a meal and barracaded themselves in room, fearful that Radu would find a reason to send them to the dungeons at the castle. Radu glanced out the window to see thick tendrils of mist surround all the buildings of the hamlet. Clutching the hilt of his scimitar tightly he went in to a light sleep…