Classic Castle Roleplay: September 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Maedhros wrote:Mircea wiped blood from his tearfilled eyes.

"We are all damned, my friend."
Grid: K-13

The sun had set about half an hour ago and Mircea crawled out from the small cave where he had spent the day. He walked up to the carriage where he had left Ignazio and the woman. He opened the door and looked. They were both in deep torpid slumber and he closed the door again. He steeled himself against the continuation of the nightmare which had begun yesterday. They hadn´t spoken more since Ignazio had discovered that his body was dead. He hadn´t even seen the old woman either. He didn´t even know if she had been saved, or maybe damned was a more appropiate word. He had so many questions. Who was she? Why had they followed him? But he was sure that they would have even more questions for him. He shrugged and patted his horse Dracinio. Dracinio seemed to be the only being in this world that he could keep the same relation with. Everyone else had become hunters or prey.

The door of the carraige opened and a middleaged woman came out of it. She was very beautiful and had skin smooth as silk and white as ivory. Her hair was long and black and her features were proud and reminded Mircea of something, reminded him of himself. The woman smiled and two pointed fangs were visible.

"Mircea... I feel... so young but...", she whispered.

"Dead."

She nodded. She continued in a weak voice.

"Do you know?"

"Know what?"

"That I was your mother."

Mircea shrugged and looked at the ground. Nothing could surprise him, or make him happy anymore. The beautiful woman walked up to him and caressed his cheek.

"What are we?"

Mircea met her gaze and weeped tears of blood.

"Damned. We are blood-sucking monsters. Strigoi. Please forgive me, I should have spared you souls and let you die."

She smiled and kissed his cold cheek.

"No, you shall not be remorseful. I have never felt better. You blessed me, my son."

Mircea backed off.

"Blessed!" He spat. "I cursed you for eternity, as the ancient monster Laurentiu cursed me!"

"Don´t be ridiculous..." She tried to get closer to him but he backed off and spat blood at her.

"I didn´t bless you. I cursed you! listen, you haven´t felt the hunger. You haven´t understood what it means to never see the sun again! You haven´t understood the curse of being dead for eternity!"

"Stop acting like a fool, Mircea! I have never seen any trace of gods nor some unreachable paradise." She shouted but then another voice answered. It was Ignazio who came out of the carriage.

"Calm down both of you." He talked in a perfectly calm voice and then turned to the frowning Mircea.

"Now I´d like an explanation."

"So would I."

Ignazio frowned and said with a cool voice:

"If the things you claim are true, Mircea. Then you have a lot to answer for."

Mircea sighed deeply.

"What I said is true. An ancient being awoke in Castle Milash and... damned me. He told me of atrocities done long ago, about a great war where he and his brothers had been defeated."

Ignazio cut him off.

"What has this to do with us?"

"His father was cursed by a great warchief. He and all his progeny are damned to forever fear the sun and prey on the living."

"And now we suffer from that curse?"

Now he was interrupted by Cecilya.

"I wouldn´t call it a curse. You haven´t been through what I have."

She picked up a stone from the ground and crushed it with her fingers.

"Say what you want, Mircea. But this is no curse. I´m afraid I was wrong about you. You are no son of mine, weakling."

Then she turned around and began to walk. Mircea shrugged sadly and Ignazio stared at her.

"She is so different..." He whispered.

"Cecilya!" He called, but she was already gone in the darkness. Ignazio looked at Mircea.

"So, what are you going to do now?"

"I won´t rest until every single strigoi is dead. Will you help me?"

"I´m afraid I can´t, dear friend. I have other matters to attend to."

He embraced Mircea and then turned around with blood oozing from his eyes. Mircea just looked at him with sad eyes.

Without another word Ignazio vanished into the darkness of the night and left Mircea alone.

Ignazio´s body may have died, but his feelings had not. And though it broke his heart, he had to sacrifice Mircea and his noble cause for the love of a monster.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:"If we're quite done for tonight," said Cate as they got their food, "I was thinking that maybe we could go to the Imperial Opera House tonight. Adrian hasn't been there, and they're showing a really good show."

"Er... what is it?" asked Hans hesitantly.

"The Ghost of the Theatre, by A.L.Cobwebs," said Cate. "It's really good!"

"Yeah, I heard that," said Hans, still a little uneager. "What do you say, Adrian?"

"I'm game," said he, "I've always wanted to see that one."

"Good!" said Cate, "we've got just enough time to get dressed up after supper. I think I'll wear that blue dress this time..."

Hans and Adrian glanced at each other. More dressing up.
Grid: J-10

To Adrian's relief, he was spared from donning his tights from the Ball. Hans, however, almost gleefully donned his hat. He had actually become somewhat attached to it, ever since he had run into that Black Falcon actor, Vanderdious Shiringtonburgville. Plus, after learning of his famous ancestor, Hans was eager to strut about.

At fifteen 'til eight in the evening, Hans and Adrian, dressed to kill, met Cate grandly at the front door of Slacsitus Manor.

"Have a most enjoyable evening, sirs and madam." said the butler Daniels, a wicked twinkle in his eyes.

Adrian coughed but Hans gallantly offered Cate his arm, who accepted readily. They ascended into the Slacs-Sicl carriage and were quickly driven through the cobblestone streets to the Imperial Opera House. It was a fine golden building, one of the few historical monuments that had escaped BloodVaineís blitz. The carriage stopped at the front steps and the Trio got out onto a lush crimson carpet. They ascended the stairs, passed through the lobby, and were guided to their seats by an usher. They had an excellent view, from a balcony Cate had specially reserved for the three of them. Cate sat gracefully upon a plush velvet seat, while Hans lounged back comfortably, his feet sticking out. Adrian, however, sat rigidly upright, squinting. He quietly grunted in annoyance.

"What is it, Adrian?" queried Cate.

"Can't see a build-it thing." grumbled Adrian.

Hans snickered.

"You should stop by Turkis the lens grinderís shop. That's where I got my specs."

"I'm not the son of the Chief Archivist of Orion," snapped Adrian pointedly.

Cate leaned across Hans and pushed something into Adrian's hands.

"What are these?"

"Opera glasses." Cate explained, "Just hold them up to your eyes like this."

She cupped her hands, and brought them to her eyes. Adrian imitated her.

"Whoa!" he exclaimed, "I can see the Duke of Tridentia pick his nose from here!"

"What!" Hans sat up straight, "Let me see!"

Adrian dodged away from Hans' groping hands.

"No way, youíve already got your four-eyes."

"I can't see the Duke of Tridentia pick his nose!" wailed Hans.

Cate shushed them.

"Boys, be quiet, that's my great uncle twice removed!"

She paused, scratching her chin.

"Or is it thrice removed?"

Both Hans and Adrian burst into evil snickers. Cate pushed Hans in annoyance, who fell against Adrian, who pushed back. At that moment, torches were doused, and the familiar click-click-click of the conductorís baton whisked through the air as the crowds quieted. The curtain rolled back, revealing an expanse of stage. Several figures were clustered around a large, golden chandelier. One began to speak. Apparently he was a type of auctioneer.

"Lot 666, then: a chandelier in pieces. Some of you may recall the strange affair of the Ghost of the Theatre: a mystery never fully explained. We are told ladies and gentlemen, that this is the very chandelier which figures in the famous disaster. Our workshops have restored it so that we may get a hint of what it may look like when re-assembled. Perhaps we may frighten away the Ghost of so many years ago with a little illumination, gentlemen?"

There was an astounding flare as the wicks of the chandelier burst magically (or was it just good special effects?) into flame. As the chandelier began to rise to the rafters upon a thick rope, the orchestra burst into a powerful melody.

"BUM BUH DA DA DAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! DUM BUH DA DA DUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! BUM BUH DA DA DAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! DUM BUH DA DA DUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! DUH DAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, DUH DAH DA DA DAAHH!!!"

The trio leaned forward eagerly and watched the play commence. It was nearly three hours long, with a ten minute intermission, but none of them got tired or bored. As the actors came out on stage for curtain call, Hans, Adrian and Cate all surged to their feet, clapping.

"That was really good." said Cate as they pushed through the departing crowds.

"Yeah." agreed Hans, "I'm getting a ton of ideas for my story!"

Adrian nodded.

"It was impressive. Most impressive."

All three of them began to unconsciously hum the thrumming music as they got in the carriage.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The next day Hans and Adrian worked at the Slacsitus Manor until three in the afternoon. Cate was also able to escape from her accounting tutoring early, and met up with the adolescent scholars.

"Where to, boys?" she asked, bouncing up cheerfully.

"The Archives." said Hans, "To talk with my dad about Earl Nathaniel."

Cate made a mock grimace.

"You two are really obsessing about him."

"Admit it," said Adrian, "You're just as fascinated as we are."

Cate said nothing and blushed.

They found Lee Lentawl not in the main Archives chamber, but down a hall and in his office, doing paperwork. Some might have thought it somewhat dreary works, but Lee Lentawl enjoyed it. After sixteen years of active archiving, not to mention his other job as a professor at Golden State University, Lee Lentawl found administrative a nice change and a new challenge. Plus the pay was better.

"Hans!" Lee Lentawl looked up from his desk, "Hello Cate, Adrian."

Suddenly Hans seemed to feel embarrassed. Cate smiled and Adrian failed to hide a snicker.

"Hey, Dad, I'm sorry to bother you, but..."

"It's fine, I need a break from this anyway. Igor Hoffminstien and Lois Goddard have been at it again and have both filed formal complaints."

Lee sighed.

"Whoís Igor Hoffminstien and Lois Goddard?" asked Adrian.

"Professors of Religion and Philosophy, respectively."

Lee Lentawl removed a pair of spectacles similar to Hans' and rubbed his eyes.

"Don't ever put a philosopher in the same room as a religious person, unless you want a crime scene on your hands."

Cate and Adrian laughed. Hans smiled.

"Anyway," said Lee Lentawl, replacing his glasses, "Was there something you wanted, Hans?"

"Yeah, Dad, Adrian and I were doing some work for Mr. Slacs, Cate's dad, and we ran across some stuff about a guy named Nathaniel. He was an earl -- the Earl Of Wells about a thousand years ago -- and it looks like weíre related to him."

Lee Lentawl nodded.

"Nathaniel, Earl Of Wells. I was told stories about him."

"Why wasn't I told!" exclaimed Hans.

Lee Lentawl shrugged.

"I didn't see the need or importance. Someone who lived a thousand years ago wouldnít affect us much. But, anyway..."

Lee paused, then began to rifle through papers in a cabinet.

"I think I was given something about him a few years ago by your Papaw. Here it is..."

Lee Lentawl drew out a sheaf of papers and handed them to Hans.

"Take it and enjoy. Goodness knows itís taken up too much room and generated too much dust in here."

"Nice, thanks Dad!"

They left and went to the pavilion outside the archives. Spreading out the sheets before them, Hans, Adrian and Cate read. And read. And read. They read for three hours straight before it became too dark to see, and they moved inside, gulped down a quick dinner, then read some more. It was very late at night when they leaned back and sighed.

"Wow." murmured Hans.

Adrian and Cate nodded.

"That was some tale." said Cate, "So adventurous, dramatic and romantic."

"Indeed." said Adrian, "This Nathaniel was some guy. Look at all he did! Finding the Holy Grail! Searching for ultimate wisdom! Locking and defending outposts! Summoning spirits! Visiting warrior queens! Fighting off barbarians! Escaping ogres! Visiting Ulmaris Castle! Interrogating prisoners! Traveling and exploring!"

"And finding true love." sighed Cate, a dreamy look in her eyes.

"Not to mention meeting the Ikros royal family and getting the One Brick To Rule Them All!î said Hans, ìAnd is says he was even held in the hand of a god!"

All three of them intoned, "Sweetness."

After a moment, Adrian said a little regretfully, "Too bad it didn't have much more on the One Brick To Rule Them All. Just said it was really valuable and powerful."

ìWait,î said Cate suddenly, reaching forward, "We missed a page."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: B-18
Location: Houshii Province, Ninjarian Territory, Boranis Dracis Island
Formendacil wrote:Then something went wrong. Del Grakken and Bertussin were not met with resistance, but joined the ranks of the Fright Knights. Grabanc did the same. Then Halfstare's men attacked Elbadar's from behind. Elbadar had just enough time to see Halfstare himself go down on the blades of his own men.

Things were not good.
Elbadar did not know what precisely was going on, but he knew that he had less than five minutes to get himself and all those loyal to him out of a major mess before he'd be totally cut off, and unable to cut his way out.

"Back!" he ordered, "fall back!" It seemed that most of the men who had been assigned to him were loyal- but not all of them. Ten had to be chopped down as they tried to hold them back.

Then it was a major clash with Halfstare's men, now bereft of the leader they had killed. Elbadar's men cut their way past, just as Del Grakken managed to take command of the Fright Knights and the assorted detachments of men who followed him.

Elbadar's men took off for the trees at a dead run, out of the clearing, and back into the denser forest. Behind them, Del Grakken's men were finally getting their act together, and were starting to pursue.

"Back to the road!" ordered Elbadar, "and then follow it to the village!"

"Can we trust the Daimyo?" asked one of the soldiers.

"Honest to dragons, I have no idea!" said Elbadar, "but I promise you that those Fright Knights can't be trusted!"

"Sir!" called another soldier. "What's that Captain Del Grakken is waving?"

Elbadar stopped and turned to watch. In the distance, at the head of the soldiers, trying to rally them into coming into the trees, was Oris Del Grakken, waving a longsword, wreathed in green flame. Elbadar clenched his teeth.

"I don't want to know!" he said, "come on!"

They dove farther into the trees, until they returned to the road. Behind them, the sounds of Del Grakken's men in pursuit could be heard, but they were many more and were moving more slowly. As for Elbadar, he was moving as fast as he could. If he lost a man, then so be it.

Once they hit the road, he slowed down slightly. They continued to move, however.

"Why did Halfstare assign all the loyal men to me?" he wondered aloud. "Did he know something was happening?"

"Begging your pardon, Marshal," said one of the soldiers, "but this has been brewing since Talistrand. Everyone knew that SOMETHING was coming, but those of us who spurned Del Grakken's offers didn't know what. We thought there were more of us who were loyal, though..."

"Why didn't I hear about this?"

"We assumed you knew!" said another soldier, sounding a little shocked that he didn't.

"Corporal Halfstare went around to find out who wasn't loyal to Del Grakken," said another. "And apparently he decided to assign them all to your personal command this morning."

"And look what he got for it," said Elbadar, with a shake of his head. "The brave man!"

Elbadar was silent for a moment, and then he asked:

"Is it quieter behind us?"

They listened. The sounds of Del Grakken's men were growing fainter.

"Why have they stopped?" asked a soldier.

"Because they are being led the other way," said a voice with Ninjarian accents. Elbadar and his men all turned. Coming out of the trees was a ninja, cloaked in grey. A katana hung loosely at his back.

"Come," he said, "while my men lead them elsewither, I shall take you to the Daimyo."
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Grid: K-13

Sishara was a village of about 200 inhabitants. They were all poor serfs who lived in fear of the vile Batlord Radic who ruled the village from his manse half a mile from it. The village and the barren surroundings wasn´t much to have, but it was his and by Megabloks no one would dare challenge his right to it. Until one day...

Lord Radic sat alone by a roaring fireplace in his dark and gloomy grand hall. Old, once beautiful paintings and tapestries adorned the walls and the furniture was old and ragged. It was a tragic mood over the place, it contained memories of long lost glory, but now it was nothing but the home of an egoistic degenerate.

Suddenly the silence was broken by a knock on the door. Lord Radic shot an irritated glance at it and shouted: "Enter!"

The door creaked and opened and a crypt guard entered. He had a black helmet and held an axe in one hand. He walked up to the Batlord and bowed deeply before him.

"Milord, trouble is brewing in the village."

Radic sighed deeply.

"Yes?"

"Yesterday a corpse was found. And tonight we found two more."

Radic leaned back and gazed at the fire. Dead serfs, who the megabloks cared?

"So?"

"They were empty, milord."

"Empty?" He was getting irritated.

"Aye, milord. No blood."

Radic stood up and spat into the fire.

"Bloody vampires! I´ve told the megabloks creatures to stay away from my domain! Summon the bats, they will be hiding among them."

The crypt guard shrugged his shoulders.

"We already have, milord. And no bat had noticed anything strange."

Radic sighed deeply again.

"Well, take five grunt sergeants and investigate it."

"But..."

"Now, you filthy little piece of megabloks!"

The crypt guard quickly darted out of the grand hall and once again it became silent. Radic looked at the door a few moments and then he sat down in front of the fire again.

---------

Every house in the village was almost identical except for a spare few. One of them was an inn called "The Red Weasel". It was usually very quiet there. A few serfs might go out there sometimes but foreigners were few and far between. Who would come to Sishara?

But tonight there were not one but in fact two strangers there. They had rented a room over the day and the innkeeper had let them be. The fact that they had been locked up in their room all day and their pale faces had made him leave them to their own. But he wasn´t as fortunate as to be left alone by them.

The sun had set about an hour ago when the couple (he assumed they were anyway) came down the stairs and sat down by the table. There were no other guests there tonight so he quickly motioned for the barmaid to go and serve them.

She walked up to the table where the two strangers sat and cast a cocky glance at them. They were in fact both pretty striking. Their features were beautiful and their skin was smooth and pale. The man looked up at her.

"We don´t want anything."

The barmaid snorted and turned around but before she had left the woman grabbed her wrist. It looked gentle but her fingers clutched her wrist in an irongrip.

"Why don´t you sit down and talk, girl. You could tell us something about region."

The barmaid met the gaze of the woman. She had cold unfeeling eyes which didn´t fit with the gentle smile on her lips. She swallowed and sat down in a chair between them.
The shot an irritated glance at the woman and then turned to her.

"What is your name?"

"Roditza."

The woman caressed her cheek and still smiled gently. But now her eyes had got even worse. There was something feral about them.

"Well met, Roditza. I´m Cecilya Drazescu, and that´s my humble friend Ignazio Torrieschi."

Roditza shivered at the cold touch of Cecilya and nodded.

"I´m honoured", she stammered.

Cecilya stopped caressing her cheek and took her hand instead. She held it with her pale and cold hands. her skin felt like silk.

"So pure, so soft. Ah, the warmth." She whispered and her face took on a pondering look. Ignazio fidgeted and shot nervous glances at Cecilya.

After a rather long silence Roditza drew her hand out of Cecilya´s grip and stood up.

"If you excuse me, I have some things to do", she stammered.

Cecilya smiled at her. "We do not, my dear."

Roditza backed off and gasped but that was useless. Cecilya got up with the swiftness of the wind and suddenly she was behind Roditza. She placed one cold hand on her shoulder and the other on her forehead.

"Ah, the sweet scent of blood", she whispered in Roditzas ear. But this was too much. Roditza yelled as high as she could and the innkeeper dashed out of the kitchen. When he saw what Cecilya was doing he shouted out loud in horror and then he rushed at her with a knife high in the air.

But before he even got close something that felt like a battering ram hit him in his stomach and he flew backwards and was crushed against the wall.

Ignazio looked at the limp form of the innkeeper and shrugged.

"I´m so sorry."

Then he looked at Cecilya who hadn´t bothered at all and now sank her fangs in the neck of the poor barmaid. She screamed again but as the fangs pierced her skin she fell silent.

Ignazio shrugged sadly and looked the other way. All this violence and bloodshed made him feel sick. He wished he could end it somehow but he knew that it was impossible.

Suddenly the door to the inn opened and a tall man with a black helmet and an axe in his hand entered. After him came five men armed with broadswords and shields. Cecilya dropped the barmaid and licked the blood from her lips. Ignazio just looked slyly at the warriors.

The first one pointed at them.

"You! You´re the bloodsucking monsters!"

Cecilya smiled seductively and gracefully walked toward him.

"So it may seem."

The crypt guard raised his axe.

"Don´t come closer, monster. Stay away from me!"

Cecilya stopped and giggled.

"So, what´s your great plan now?"

He glanced at the other warriors to get some support but they were as frightened as he was.

"You are to be taken to Lord Radic and face his judgement", he stammered.

Cecilya chuckled dryly.

"This might get entertaining, Ignazio my dear. Let´s follow them."

Ignazio shrugged.

"I want no more death and bloodshed, Cecilya."

She smiled at him.

"We´re just going to have a meeting with the Batlord. Nothing to worry about, my dear."

The crypt guard pointed at them with a trembling hand.

"Get out now, we´ll take you to his home", he stammered.

Cecilya giggled and quickly went out of the inn. Shrugging and sighing, Ignazio followed her.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

A few days ago...

Grid: L-5

"Mother!" Barahm called out, running to the bedraggled woman walking slowly from the woods.

"My son," Olivia sighed happily, collapsing to the ground and leaning against her child.

"Aunt Olivia!" Maerl called out happily, running over to her.

"You're all ok, you're all safe," she wept softly, running her hands over their cheeks.

"Everything is as you would expect it to be," the Wanderer smiled, walking over to them.

"I thank you for that," Olivia said, standing wobbly to face him.

"Oh, don't thank me Milady, the town was as it is when I arrived."

"But..." Olivia looked around in disbelief.

"Don't count the people of the forest out so quickly, Milady," the Wanderer smiled from beneath his familiar hood and cape, "they recognized a foul air around the Ikrosian soldiers when they arrived."

"We made a trap for them!" Barahm cheered.

"You can thank Maerl, for that," the Wanderer placed a firm hand on Maerl's shoulder, who simply looked down at the ground smiling, "from what I hear he alerted the entire town to what might come."

"Oh Maerl, thank you so very much," Olivia hugged the slightly embarressed blacksmith.

"Come," the Wanderer reached his hand out to her, "let us get you cleaned up and fed."

--------------------------------------

Today...

"So where do you go from here?" Olivia asked, sipping her tea.

"We," the Wanderer replied, staring out the window of Maerl's home.

"We?" she asked blankly.

"The deaths of Vice-Admiral Dahnaris and Commander DeValle will not go unoticed forever," he replied, continuing to muse into the window, "King Garren will send his entire armada of ships here, to Dametreos, seeking either his missing soldiers or retribution."

"My son is still not safe..." Olivia sighed helplessly.

"Nor you or Maerl," he continued, "King Garren sent Dahnaris specifically to search the both of you out. He may not know of the secret you both now keep, but he will know he lost two of his best soldiers because of it. He won't take that lightly."

"Then what do we do? Go into hiding again? Where will we go?"

"To Ikros," the Wanderer turned to her, his eyes cold and solid as steel.

"To the lion's den?" Olivia shot up from her chair.

"The only way to prevent all out war between Dametreos and Ikros, to prevent the loss of countless innocent lives, is to cut the head off the snake directly. With you, your son, and the medallion he keeps, we have all we need to remove Garren from his ill-earned throne."

"He would never recognize such a claim."

"Of course not. But I have made enough friends in Ikros that they will believe it. Garren has made enough enemies that they will believe it. The people beg to be removed from beneath the heel of an evil King."

"I... I can't do this..." Olivia slumped into her chair, running her fingers through her hair nervously, "I can't put my son into such jeopardy..."

"Would he be any safer when all of Dametreos is a bloodly war zone bereft of civilization or law?"

"It couldn't... " Olivia whispered.

"King Garren's wrath will be great and terrible. He will send every soldier he at his disposal. His warships would be as numerous as the stars, standing just off every coastline on this continent. He may not win the day... but how many lives would be lost in his attempt? Please, Olivia, think of your people here," the Wandere said, kneeling at her side, "and of Ikros. Think of the suffering we stand to prevent, right here, right now..."

"What must I do?" she took a ragged breath, looking up into his eyes.

"I will make the arrangements. We'll leave for the coast at week's end."

"Promise me you'll never leave again," Olivia hugged him tightly, "promise me you'll always protect my son."

"I promise," the Wanderer said, wrapping his arms around her softly.

---------------------------

Redemption comes in many forms. For some, redemption is becoming the person they were always meant to be, but never became. For others, redemption is righting a wrong left untouched. But for one, poor, wandering soul, redemption is regaining the faith in humanity he had given up so very long ago.

His road is long, laid out before him now, like a ribbon of silk flowing through the winds of time. Twisting and turning through the breeze, it dances effortlessly in the distance.

And though its turns may be sharp, and its paths twisted, he will continue down his road, destined to follow, to wander, till road's end come.
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Robin Hood wrote:As they approached the edge of the village, a man detached himself from the dark, stepped in front of them and bowed.

"Greetings travelers."

Kae-Os returned the bow perfectly. Aiden gave a slightly sloppier one. "Good evening to you sir." Said Aiden. "We are travelers and strangers to your land. We are searching for a place to stay the night. Would anybody here be willing to take us in? We would be gone by morning."

"Certainly," replied the man. "All travelers are welcome here. You may stay as long as you wish. Come."

The man turned and walked into the village. Aiden and Kae-Os followed.
Grid: B-15

The man led Aiden and Kae-Os towards one of the houses on the outskirt of the village. It was small and looked frail. The walls were thin and made of wood. He opened the door but then he stopped and stood completely still. He inhaled deeply through his nose and then he smiled.

"Shika-chan, I believe you spiced up you lunch with some garlic today."

He glanced at a tree behind Aiden and Kae-Os and they turned to look. A young woman jumped down. She was dressed completely in black. Her features were ninjarian but her hair was a fiery orange colour. She blushed and bowed.

"Good eve, I´m Kukishinden Shika."

Kae-Os returned the bow gracefully again and Aiden nodded. Then they turned back to the man. He offered Shika a smile and then he went into the house and motioned for them to follow him. He took them into a small room with a table which was only a foot above the floor. he motioned for them to sit and sat down.

"Welcome to my home, my name is Kukishinden Toratsugu."

Kae-Os wasn´t sure how to react so he let Aiden do the talking.

"They call me Aiden, and this is my fellow Kae-Os."

Toratsugu offered him a gentle smile and then he caught Kae-Os´ gaze.

"I´m honoured, Kae-Os-san. Always a pleasure to meet an elf."

Kae-Os nodded slightly. This ninjarian culture just became more and more confusing.

"But how did you know?" He asked.

"No human would move as gracefully as you, not even my old master Shinryuken."

Kae-Os nodded and just met Toratsugu´s calm gaze for a long time. At last Aiden began to fidget and Kae-os continued:

"But I thought you ninjarians didn´t like us?"

Toratsugu chuckled slightly.

"I assume you were the ones Shika talked about. You´ve met the old fool Mitsurugi, haven´t you?"

Kae-Os shrugged his shoulders.

"We were indeed rescued by an old man, but he never told us his name. He treated us respectfully but, he viewed me as some kind of dirt."

"Unfortunately most of our people do. The Shogun and Daimyo fear you, so they spread lies about you. Mitsurugi is a kind man, but he´ve been fooled by the Shogun his whole life."

Kae-Os found this man interesting and finally some things about the ninjarians made sense.

"But, who are you then?"

"We, we are the shinobi. We answer to no one but the emperor."

Kae-Os glanced at Aiden who was quiet. He had heard about the shinobi. They were unhonourable and cruel assassins and spies who served whoever gave them the most money. He frowned slightly.

"From what I´ve heard you are nothing but rogue mercenaries."

Toratsugu chuckled.

"Of course, that´s what the Shogun call us. He fears us and what we might do to him and his reputation. He doesn´t want the whole of Dametreos to know that the Emperor is nothing more than his pawn."

Kae-Os realxed again. This man seemed trustworthy. And it all was very interesting. Toratsugu continued:

"We have been heavily persecuted throughout the ages and now only nine clans remain. But we survive, and now we are actually growing stronger. Through the arts of our nine schools we are learning to defend ourselves and our homes. This village is home to the Kukishinden clan, we are mostly sailors and what most people would call pirates. The arts of the Kukishinden School make us skilled fighters on land, and unsurpassed fighters at sea."

Kae-Os nodded.

"And what is your role in all this?"

"I´m the Soke, the Grandmaster of the Kukishinden School."

Kae-Os nodded respectfully and hissed to Aiden to do the same. Toratsugu smiled humbly.

"So, now you know our story. What about yours? What has brought you here?"
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The CCRP is continued here.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~