What is the Classic Castle role play game??

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Graynar
Gentleman

What is the Classic Castle role play game??

Post by Graynar »

Hey guys.

I was reading a bit of the Classic Castle role play game and I was wondering why and how you do this.

Is it for fun and you just type a part of the story continuing off the last enstallment to the story?

And all you guys type so good! Man you all must be pros! :D :shock:

Graynar
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Good question, Graynar, but as it's more appropriate to the Gaming Forum, I've moved it there, and now I'll answer it.
Is it for fun and you just type a part of the story continuing off the last enstallment to the story?
Pretty much you've got it right. Personal pleasure is the only reason we do it. We receive no money for it, no special bonuses, only the satisfaction of having written it, and whatever praise our fellow RPers or occasional readers from the rest of the site dole out to us.

And yes, it is pretty much an on-going story. I like to think of it as a sort of a Wikipedia in that anyone can contribute, improving it greatly, but that there are certain rules to follow. In the Wiki, you have to be submitting a factually correct entry. In the CCRP, you have to be submitting a story that takes place in Dametreos, is congruent with the current events taking place there, and doesn't contradict any previous part of the CCRP. Other than that, it's all good!
And all you guys type so good! Man you all must be pros!
Hehehe...

We accept the compliment, but that's hardly the case. Mostly, we're just well-practised amateurs. (In the CCRP alone, I've already written the equivalent of a short novel, so you get a lot of on-the-job experience.) We DO insist on having our members do their best to write clear posts. Our level of tolerance for poor grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization is certainly lower than in the main forum. Mostly though, it's just the result of time. We take pride in our work.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them!

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: What is the Classic Castle role play game??

Post by Robin Hood »

Graynar wrote:And all you guys type so good! Man you all must be pros! :D :shock:
(Bows to adoring and screaming fans) Thank you! Thank you one and all. :D

Oh and don't forget to think about joining.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Thanks Graynar! But I already knew I was a pro to begin with :wink:

I'd say many people who are pros, as Formendacil said, it's experiance. Many people have written enough for a short story, novella and nearly a whole novel. Like say the posts today are much better then those at the beginning.(The Misfits Era)
venvorskar
Bailiff

Post by venvorskar »

Wow! :shock: I'm good!? I just started. Thanks!:D
I hope you will join, it's always good to have another member. :)
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

venvorskar wrote:
Quote:

Wow! I'm good!? I just started. Thanks!
I hope you will join, it's always good to have another member.
Hehe..

I don't know if I'm up to it just yet. I need some more practice before I begin swimming the river with you writers.

Graynar
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Graynar wrote:I don't know if I'm up to it just yet. I need some more practice before I begin swimming the river with you writers.

Graynar
Practice, smactice. Who needs practice. Heck, before I joined the amount of real writing I did was next to none (still is for that matter). If you do post and it really is bad, a certain Admin* and Mod** will kindly tell you how to fix it. So long as you don't break rules, we'll all like you.

Dan :wink:

*Lord of the Lego (a.k.a. Nathan)
**Formendacil (a.k.a. Mike)
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Ayden
Apprentice

Post by Ayden »

where do i go to sign up? wheres the rules? wheres the how to play thingy?
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Ayden wrote:where do i go to sign up? wheres the rules? wheres the how to play thingy?
No matter how many times I hear it, it still shocks me :wink:

Here is the main page, the planning and actual playing is dominating the Gaming Forum.
http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... aymap.html

The CCRP is an on going story, where you post a part of the adventure with your characters interacting with other people's characters.

The admin and mods, Lord of the LEGO, Formendacil and Green Knight can fill you in on the rest of the details.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Ayden wrote:wheres the how to play thingy?
I think Formendacil explains it very well here :D
Formendacil wrote:The Pink Knight wrote:
Grid: #-!

Blah blah balb, blurp bipple bopd da bompstialls the bpals balastosauros berrybush bumbp beebriger be bats buatall bumblemop buarpsl buy bellows biesterioelloesteros bigg borrromm buurppsib bootttllemding.

"Dialogue," said person

"Reply," said being.

"Retort," answered person brackishly.

"Bungleberry!" snapped being. "Brachs bist your byrobestcory. Bumppl blah bley! Blaggoot!"

"Blaggoot snorkllictenstein..." mumbled person with pear in mouth. "Blaggoot snorkllictenstein..."
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis