Classic Castle Roleplay: October 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
The Green Knight
Reeve

Classic Castle Roleplay: October 2005

Post by The Green Knight »

Ok I guess Nate and Mike are busy today. I got this one guys :wink:

Additions to the continuing epic should be posted here. Questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted in this thread.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

L-12 Castle Dracul Dungeons

Count Belzzar edged down a dark tunnel, he had lost all sense of direction. He began jumping at shadows, they seemed to wriggle with a life of their own. Belzzar, an experianced Batlord, knew they probley were, he pushed that thought out of his mind and replaced it with ones of Pythos’s last agonizing moments.

His batstaff bathed everything in a dull red light. It didn’t nothing for the decour, or the things that looked like dried blood stains all over the walls. Thick cobwebs infested the corners of the passage, the count was constantly removed a clump of it from the wings of his helmet.

That, felt very cold, almost freezing. The entire tunnel did, many of the dungeons were, if not the whole castle, if not all of the batlands. Everything was cold, no innocent living thing would willingly dwell in that land of sorrow.

Belzzar shivered as he felt something ghastly glide between his feet. He knew immediately that he shouldn’t be in this area. Something told him it was near the crypts. Even with Pythos and Weigraf with him, he loathed to enter there. No Dracul would set foot in there, unless it was to entomb a deceased relative.

The Count turned to walk around at a brisk pace. Then it dawned on him, he ahd no idea where he was. Lost in his own castle. The simple fact of seeing those nightmarish things as well as the battle with Pythos and Venvorskar had drained him. It had left him with little stamina and mana remaining.
With all the events in Dametreos in the past two months, the mana flow was starting to get to the level it was at with BloodVaine. But unless nobody decided to blow up a castle, there should be no problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belzzar continued to wander through the maze of tunnels and his dark thoughts, until he came back to torch lit passages. He sighed with relief but sucked that in, he noticed several of his warriors, whom he reconised. They were all lying on the ground, torn apart by what appeared to be various monsters.

Then a familiar form came into view. Captian Radu was bent over a corpse of a traitor sargeant. His black cloak seemed somewhat ruffled and was drenched in blood, his armour, was dented and chipped and also drenched in blood.

“By the brick Radu! Where in the name of Chodan and the Wooden Duck’s left wheel have you been!?” Cried Belzzar in exhasberation.

“I have had to deal with traitors and the spawn of Mephistar without my reinforcements. What is the meaning of this? Have you forgotten where your loyalties lie?”

“…Yes…Master…” Replied Radu in a honey tone, curling into a sneer.

Belzzar blinked in surprise at getting such a stiff response. “Eh?”

“Master…It makes me wonder why I ever served you soo faithfully. My family surely has had a long history of worshipping swine.”

Belzzar stiffened, his best and most trusted captian… “You…Dare?”

Radu stood revealing a two dripping fangs, “I have found a greater master.”

Ioan stepped out of the shadows, a ghastly smile on his face. Belzzar stared at him for a moment, his look of bewilderment turned to rage. “Vampire!” He spat, quivering with rage, he had lost his greatest captian.

“What will you do Batlord? The reason the power in your batstaff weakens is because She of the Barrow doesn’t not tolerate incompetance, as you have shown. What else will you do? The one called Venvorskar is as I speak, helping himself to your prized wine in his new castle. Where are your legions Count Dracul? Those demons, who even I shudder at the site of, are multiplying with every life they take. They are and will continue to dine on the remains of your proud troops until , the new owner of the castle decides to deal with them.”

“You lie!” Screamed Belzzar, every word was a blow, a cruel blow.

He raised his batstaff to unleash all the power he had left in him. To tyco with the mana flow, he was going to destroy evreything! Cold silence. He stopped in midstride, his staff was cold and lifeless, it would hum with power when it was activiated. But now it was cold, lifeless and silent.

“The Lady has forsaken you, Belzzar.” Laughed Ioan, enjoying the pain in the Count’s eyes.

“No, no, noooo!!!” He screamed. He through down the staff and ran for his now meaningless life.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Maedhros wrote:The crypt guard pointed at them with a trembling hand.

"Get out now, we´ll take you to his home", he stammered.

Cecilya giggled and quickly went out of the inn. Shrugging and sighing, Ignazio followed her.
A knock on the door awakened Radic. He had been slumbering but immediately got up and put on a serious look.

"Yes."

The door opened and the Crypt Guard entered, he shivered and bowed before Radic. Radic was rather surprised. Why do that Crypt Guard shiver? He smiled cruelly to himself. Of course, my mere presence inspires terror in my subjects.

But the moment later he understood that he was wrong, the real terror entered. It was a stunningly beautiful woman dressed in simple peasant clothes. She was followed by an equally attractive man. The Crypt Guard quickly got up and hurried out of the room and closed the door. Radic raised an eyebrow.

"Well, who are you?"

The woman curtsied with a mocking smile.

"Well met, Lord Radic. I am Cecilya Drazescu, the bloodsucking monster that haunts your village."

Radic fidgeted in his chair. Why did that tyco Crypt Guard leave me? I´ll personally kill him.
He grabbed his batstaff and frowned at the man beside Cecilya.

"And you are?" He growled.

"Ignazio Torrieschi, the other monster", he replied in a dry voice.

"So what do you want?" Radic growled. He had never been brave but he had a burning hatred for anyone who defied his will.

"This manse is actually quite beautiful", the Cecilya replied with a cold and hollow giggle.

Radic was consumed by rage. "How dare you, monster?" He shouted and pointed his staff at her. He concentrated and shut his eyes. She would be blasted to megabloks in a moment.

But the explosion never came, there was only a low crack and he felt a disruption in the manaflow, something was wrong. Radic opened one eye and looked. Ignazio stood before him with half of his staff in one hand. It was broken. Radic panicked. How did he cross the room so fast? And how did he break it?

"It´s called strength and swiftness, Batlord", Ignazio said in a dry voice. Then he threw away the broken staff.

Radic was frozen in his chair. He shivered and broke out in cold sweats. How can you...

"...read your mind?" He continued in an equally dry voice. There was no emotion in his pale face.

Radic got down from the chair and kneeled before Ignazio.

"Please, I´ll give you anything you want", he stammered.

Suddenly Cecilya was beside him. She smiled cruelly.

"Good..." And then, with a quick and graceful move she stomped him in the face and crushed his head on the floor.

"...we want your manse."
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Maedhros wrote:Kae-Os nodded respectfully and hissed to Aiden to do the same. Toratsugu smiled humbly.

"So, now you know our story. What about yours? What has brought you here?"
Grid: B-15
Location: Nobumura village, Ninjarin Territory, Boranis Dracis Island

Aiden launched into a shortened version of their trip from Castleton, to Orion, then the Black Knight coast and finally their trip to the village. "...and then we were met by you."

Toratsugu nodded. "I see. You two have certainly lived an interesting few months.”

"We certainly have." Agreed Kae-Os. "Tell me, if you don't mind, have you heard any rumors about the shapeshifter?"

Toratsugu's eyes darkened. "I have. I have heard about him for many years. He has occasionally taken assignments from various Daimyos. Once he was even hired to kill me. Fortunately, with the help of the village, I managed to fight him off. His name is Cloak. Where he came from I do not know, but be warned. Though his usual way of killing is through stealth, he can change into dangerous and powerful things. His shifting is not limited to human-like forms. He can, if need be, transform into terrible monsters, or inanimate objects, such as a pebble or a stick."

Aiden and Kae-Os pondered the man's words. "This information is most helpful." Aiden finally said. "But tell me, have you heard anything about him being on the island recently? We were told by a friend that he had fled here."

Toratsugu took his time in replying. "Yes, he has been reported by various people to have appeared in the hills, near the home of Daimyo Kash-Lid. I have no doubt that the honor less Daimyo has some job for him."

Kae-Os bowed. "Thank you Toratsugu for all your help. We'll leave in the morning. The sooner we can erase the evil of the shifter, the sooner everything will be better."

"That is true." Replied Toratsugu. "But for now, it is time to sleep. In the morning, you will depart, and perhaps you will not go alone."
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Grid: L-12

The castle was falling apart. Perhaps not literally, though with the collapse of the portal, various pieces of ceiling were falling down, but certainly figuratively.

As Valric and Theodore, both leaning on each other, headed out of the castle, they saw chaos all around. Between the creatures that had come through the portal killing everything in sight, soldiers fighting them back, and soldiers fighting amongst themselves, for few were sure on what the situation was with their leaders, is was tyco on earth.

After a dangerous journey through the bowels of the castle, the wearied group finally burst through the main gates and into the open countryside.

After coming a ways away from the castle, the group collapsed on the ground in a ragged heap.

"That," panted Theodore, looking up at the stars, "was not quite as fun as I thought it would be."

"Oh come on," gasped Valric. "It was fabulous. You have to admit that you have never seen anything like that before."

The group was silent for a while, each looking over his wounds.

After a time, Theodore spoke. "Well, we did what we sought out to do. There’s no point to staying here, I vote that we leave this place and strike north for my own lands. We'll get a good welcome and a good rest. Tyco knows that we need it."

"Sounds like a plan." Replied Valric. The others agreed.

They had just stood up when a cry rent the air. The cry was unlike any Theodore had heard from a human. It was so terrified that Theodore felt a chill run down his back. The cry belonged to Count Belzzar, who crashed through the bushes into their circle. His batstaff was gone, his clothing torn, and a look of pure terror was clasped on his face.

Seeing that nothing was to be feared from the count, Valric moved toward him. The count, seeing the men gathered around him, started talking. Or rather, started saying a lot of words really fast. There was little rhyme or reason to his babbling.

"Stop it....will come...can't kill it....betrayed.....won't work....can't stop it....will kill all...all.....must flee..." The count collapsed, trembling.

Valric, shrugging at his companions, grabbed the count's arm and hulled the man to his feet. "Get a grip count. What is tyco happened to you?"

Belzzar stopped mumbling, and instead looked directly at Valric and said in the most terrified voice. "Radu, he was there. He tried to suck me. I tried to stop him, but the Lady, I lost her favor. My staff wouldn't work. I fled, he chased me. Would have got me, but didn't want me. I ran. Radu, and another, they are in the castle, it will be filled with them. With VAMPIRES!" With this word, all the count's strength seemed to have left him and he fell again.

Valric dropped him. "Vampires in the castle eh? Sounds like some more fun. Anybody care to join me in some vampire hunting?"

The companions all said yes. "I think I have one more fight left in me." Said Theodore. The group, followed by Belzzar, who had managed to compose himself enough to walk, headed back toward the castle.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

TheOrk wrote:He raised his batstaff to unleash all the power he had left in him. To tyco with the mana flow, he was going to destroy evreything! Cold silence. He stopped in midstride, his staff was cold and lifeless, it would hum with power when it was activiated. But now it was cold, lifeless and silent.

“The Lady has forsaken you, Belzzar.” Laughed Ioan, enjoying the pain in the Count’s eyes.

“No, no, noooo!!!” He screamed. He through down the staff and ran for his now meaningless life.

Radu took a step and began to follow but Ioan put a heavy hand on his shoulder.

"Leave him, my progeny. He´s just a wretch now. Let´s worry about ourselves instead. I don´t know what all this Megabloks and Venvorskar are but I think we need to stop and talk for a while before we do anything rash. I assume you know how to get out of here safely?"

Radu nodded smiling.

"Follow me."

--------
Robin Hood wrote:The companions all said yes. "I think I have one more fight left in me." Said Theodore. The group, followed by Belzzar, who had managed to compose himself enough to walk, headed back toward the castle.
As they walked toward the castle they heard a horse and carriage coming behind them. They turned and looked. The carriage was completely black and there was something sinister about it. The horse was a very beautiful, and white animal which looked out of place with the carriage. It was driven by a pale man dressed in simple brown traveler clothes. He stopped the carriage and nodded politely.

"I am Mircea Drazescu. I assume this is Castle Dracul?"

Valric opened his mouth to talk but before he could, Belzzar began to stammer:

"Y-you... you´re one of th-them... look at his face, it´s pale..." The last was to Valric and the others who fingered on their weapons.

Mircea nodded but didn´t do any aggressive moves.

"So he´s already awake then? I had hoped he was still slumbering so I could kill him."

"So you are a vampire? And why do you want to slay your own kin?" Valric asked.

Mircea shrugged. "If I was a vampire then why would I go by this carriage? Then I could just switch into my batform and fly. And I wouldn´t hunt my kin, I would hunt elves, wouldn´t I?"

Valric frowned and nodded. "Who are you then?"

"I´m something much worse. I´m a progeny of one of the ancient Strigoi. I suppose our curse is related to the vampires in some way but we are no simple vicious beasts. We are intelligent, scheming and coldly cruel beings." Mircea´s voice was passionate and strong.

Valric dropped his jaw and shrugged.

"But... I don´t understand." He drew his sword.

Mircea nodded sadly. "You don´t know how much I would like you to hack my body to pieces and leave it for the sun. But I can´t let you do it, I have my duty to the Dragon, and to the whole of Dametreos."

Valric lowered his sword. "And what is that?"

"To exterminate all these vile Strigoi."

Theodore grinned. "I think that´s our plan to, or at least the ones in this castle."

Mircea caught his gaze with his feral brown eyes.

"Then you might need help from someone who knows their curse, someone who know every strength and weakness they have."

Theodore´s smile widened. "Sounds good, strigoi."

Mircea returned his smile weakly. "Step one then, don´t attack them at night."
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Robin Hood wrote:"That is true." Replied Toratsugu. "But for now, it is time to sleep. In the morning, you will depart, and perhaps you will not go alone."
Grid: B-15

It had been a good night. The nights when they could sleep well without fear were few and far between but this was one such night. When they had awoken and gone out of the house they were greeted by a beautifully shining sun.

"A fine day to hunt assassins, isn´t it?" Shika smiled from a tree in front of the house.

They remembered Toratsugu´s words: In the morning, you will depart, and perhaps you will not go alone. Shika climbed down the tree and bowed. She carried a katana on her back and had a fan stuck in the belt. Aiden raised an eyebrow.

"The weather´s warm here on Boranis Dracis?"

Shika frowned. "I hope your sword is as fast as your tounge." Then she glanced at the house. "Go get some breakfast and then we´ll leave."

"More unpolished rice and miso?" Aiden said with a smile.

Shika returned the smile. "I assume Toratsugu Sensei will give you white rice today. For luck and victory. I´ll see you in half an hour."

They went into the house and Aiden shrugged his shoulders. "I wonder what rice has to do with luck."

"Well, my friend. I haven´t heard of that before but I think we´ll need all luck we can get."

Aiden chuckled. "Let´s eat rice then."
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: B-18
Location: Houshii Province, Ninjarian Territory, Boranis Dracis Island
Formendacil wrote:"Why have they stopped?" asked a soldier.

"Because they are being led the other way," said a voice with Ninjarian accents. Elbadar and his men all turned. Coming out of the trees was a ninja, cloaked in grey. A katana hung loosely at his back.

"Come," he said, "while my men lead them elsewither, I shall take you to the Daimyo."
"Aren't you a ninja?" asked Elbadar, hesitantly, looking at his mask and dull clothing. "I thought that only samurai served the daimyos."

"One does not become a ninja merely by donning a mask," said the masked man. "Nor are things done in Houshii Province the same way they are done on the mainland, or even up north. Daimyo Gailin has been afforded a good deal of independence by the isolation of his location. Now come."

Elbadar signalled his men to follow, and himself walked along at the ninja's side.

"Who are you?" he asked. "And what can you tell me about this situation. Po Lee was less than helpful."

"My name does not matter," said the ninja. "You may call me Mask if you prefer. As for the situation... it is, sticky."

"I can see that," said Elbadar. "Is this another result of the Daimyo's isolation?"

"You could say so," replied Mask. "Do you know who is behind these Fright Knights?"

"A sorcerer named Sorgodh," said Elbadar. "Apparently he wants something from the Daimyo. He approached us via an emissary a few months ago, to assist in attacking you. I turned him down. Apparently, Captain Del Grakken did not."

"So it would appear," said Mask. "And your coming endangers us the more, for there are now an additional 150 men fighting against us, and a mere 30 coming to our assistance. But I do not blame you. However, I know why Sorgodh would have sought you out, over other mercenaries."

"Really?"

"Yes. He wanted your services because you are Dragon Master. Back in the spring, it would have been impossible for him to send his Fright Knights over the border as he has done now, for the Dragonsbane Brigade would not have permitted it. But you are Dragon Masters like them."

"I see," said Elbadar. "But I'm still not clear on what it is Sorgodh wants from you."

"Revenge," said Mask. "Daimyo Gailin spurned his attempts to establish an alliance many long years ago. Sorgodh wanted to establish a presence in Boranis Dracis, and had chosen the remoteness of Houshii as the safest place to build a hold. He approached Daimyo Gailin, knowing him to be independent-minded, but he was turned down completely. The Daimyo then proceeded to eradicate the hold completely, the hold which Sorgodh had ordered started anyway. He had all the servants of Sorgodh executed."

"I imagine that didn't go over too well," said Elbadar.

"It didn't," said Mask. "Not only was Sorgodh's pride wounded, but he was without a base on Boranis Dracis. It then became a matter of vendetta for him- and with the departure of the Dragonsbane Brigade, he finally found a door through which he could enter to strike us- and through Captain Del Grakken's treachery."

They rounded a bend in the road, and a large hill loomed over them, capped with an impressive stone fortress.

"Shindar fortress," nodded Mask. "Come, I shall take you to the Daimyo."
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

L-12 Castle Dracul Area
"Then you might need help from someone who knows their curse, someone who know every strength and weakness they have."
Theodore´s smile widened. "Sounds good, strigoi."
Mircea returned his smile weakly. "Step one then, don´t attack them at night."
“Ah…” Theodore nodded. “That makes sense, besides after that last “adventure” I don’t think we’ll be able to tackle them tonight anyway.”

“What? We’re in fine condition!” Stuttered Valric, as if on cue a lance of white hot pain struck him in his side, where Pythos had stabbed him.

Theodore looked at him in concern, “You’ll kill yourself if you keep that up.”

“It hasn’t happened yet and I have no intention of it happening for a very long time.” Replied Valric, he might have to agree with Theodore on this one. He had taken numerous greivous wounds in his time, but none ever stung him or drained him the way this one did.

Night was upon them anyway, it was hard to tell with the dreary mist coating everything, but it was getting darker. Mircea looked over the group, “yes, none of you are in the right condition to help me slay them. There are numerous villages within a few miles. Besides the strigoi, there are other things in these woods…”

Valric and Theodore nodded in understanding “We’ve faced most of ‘em but I suppose you have a point there.” Laughed Valric bitterly.

The group began to make their way to one of the nearby villages. Despite Valric’s heated protests, they made him sit in the carriage, as he could barley stand, let alone walk. Midark, who was still seeing triples after his battle with Venvorskar didn’t object as much as Valric did. Rodney with his ice spear and Mircea scouted ahead about a hundred yards as the others surrounded the carriage. The good count had lagged behind, anyone who tried to make conversation got their head torn off for their troubles.

The village itself was looking rather grave this evening, of the two inns, one was crowded with acouple bloodied up soldiers from the Castle. The group decided to stay at the other inn, which was virtually desserted. Belzzar threw the remains of his tattered cloak over his head, he didn’t want anyone seeing his face.

Mircea left at once, according to him, he didn’t want to lose control with innocent minifigs in the vicinity. The group seperated for the moment, Theodore and Rodney were having a busy conversation with the inn keeper. Darkold helped the stumbling Midark into a bed.

Valric moved into a small untidy, cramped room. He threw his battered armour into a corner. His wound seemed to be infected and was covering in a strange black substance. Valric gritted his teeth in revulsion. If that was the price to pay for slaying Pythos, so be it. As he sat tending to his wound, his sword propped up agianst the bed lost it’s glow. The enemies it was forged to destroy had been driven off for one day…
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: J-10

"Your Majesty?" an Imperial herald interrupted the Emperor's letter-writing. "An official message has just arrived for you from Gynthaunt."

"Gynthaunt?" the Emperor's right eyebrow raised in query. "Interesting. Hand it over."

A few minutes later, Emperor Constantius was sending messengers summoning Marshal-General Theodosius and the other high officers of the military command to his private conference room.

"We have just received a message from Gynthaunt requesting Imperial aid in putting down a problem they are having along our border. She-of-the-Barrow is requesting Imperial military strength to help her rid Dracul province of a problem it has developed.

"It seems that Dracul province, the easternmost of the batstates, and immediately adjacent to Legoland, is in extreme turmoil. The current Batlord, Belzzar Dracul, has lost favour with She-of-the-Barrow, and a sorceror named Venvorskar has taken up residence in Castle Dracul. Furthermore, there are reports of invasions by outworldly beings and of vampire attacks.

"It appears," finished the Emperor, "that Dracul province is a mess, and She-of-the-Barrow, in her infinite, miserly, wisdom, wants us to be the ones to clean it up for her. Her reasoning, of course, is that the troubles could easily spill over into Imperial territory."

"Who guards the Fright Knight border?" asked Commander-General Vincentius, of the Tridentines.

"The entire Fright Knight border marches up against our lands," said Captain-Major d'Valles, the representative of the Chevron forces in Orion. "But the border is manned by the Cavaliers of the 4th Legion."

There were ten legions of Imperial Cavaliers, each composed of approximately five hundred men. One was posted to Talistrand, and seven were posted to various stretches of the international border. The last two were posted to Orion and to the foreign nations, respectively. The Fourth Legion was posted to the Fright Knight border, where it received assistance from the local Chevron troops.

"Who commands the Fourth Legion?" asked Vincentius. "I don't know who's who anymore. Not since the War."

"Captain-Major Battista," said Marshal-General Theodosius. "He was promoted recently. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of him having to handle a major conflict such as these troubles could spill into."

"The Fright Knight border is a long way from here," said Constantius, "surely the former commander survived the war. Who used to command the Fourth?"

"I did," came Captain-Colonel E'terriole's voice from one of the corners of the room. "I took refuge with my men in the Fright Knight lands, in the province adjacent to Dracul."

"Would you be comfortable handling an assignment there?" asked the Emperor. "I'd prefer someone both experienced in the military and familiar with the Fright Knights to lead any expedition."

"What would my duties be?" asked E'terriole.

"Mainly reconnaissance," replied the Emperor. "You are to observe the struggle, note it's origins and players, as well as any adverse effect that it may or may not have on the Empire. You are not to attack Castle Dracul, or take a major offensive. You will have approximately 200 men, presumeably drawn from the 4th Legion. Possibly from the 9th Legion as well, if any can be recalled from their current assignments in time. I think the nearest ones are in Rathoan."

"If I may suggest, Your Majesty," said E'terriole. "I would like to take my Cadets as a part of my force. Many are at a mature stage in their training, and only need a little bit of experience to be properly commissioned."

"Could you get a full 200?" asked Theodosius. "It would be good if we could avoid diverting men from the Fourth right now. Of all the legions, only the 6th has remained as understaffed since the War."

"I believe I could," said E'terriole, with a grave nod. "If Your Majesty believes it wise."

"I see no reason not to," said Constantius. "You will be avoiding combat, if possible, anyway. You have my blessing."

And so the meeting adjourned.

~~~~~~~~~

"E'terriole, two hundred men, leaving immediately, orders to observe and not engage," murmured Ambassador Batlord, Andrei Bartavlo. "I shall pass that on to She-of-the-Barrow." And with a nod, the Imperial herald, drew away. Bartavlo immediately sent an invitation to dinner to house of Commander-General Vincentius.

Later that night, he telaharmed Envika Sorgodh.

"Constantius is sending Captain-Colonel E'terriole, the Novice-Master, with two hundred Cadets to investigate the situation. They are under orders to observe, not engage."

"Excellent," came Vækadær's voice in his head, returned telaharmically by his crystal. "Telaharm Drazzuil, and tell him to be ready. Remind him of the importance that E'terriole stays alive. Allow him to engage E'terriole's men, if he desires it. There is no harm in giving the Cavaliers a little cause to fear. Meanwhile, any report on the relatives of Count Ollero?"

"As yet none," said Bartavlo. "Our agents in Falconis City are fairly certain they did not return there. They are investigating the next most likely destinations."

"Good work," said Vækadær, "once they are tracked down, let me know posthaste. Is there any word from Po Lee?"

"He reports that they have landed in Boranis Dracis, and all is in place for the coup. Captain Del Grakken was most obliging."

"Of course he was," said Vækadær. "One such as him is easy to read. Lord Marshal Elbadar should soon be history then. Keep me informed."

And, breaking the connection, Vækadær was gone.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:“But what can I do in return?” asked Dale. He received the same reply he had received from Mistress Korvalt.

“Do whatever you can to aid the village in the harvest. That’s payment enough for me.”

Dale smiled.

“Thank you, Felix.”

“Not at all, Dale, not at all.”
Grid: P-10

It was October. Summer was only a memory. Tans were fading, sunburns healing. The days began to shorten, and nights became chilly. The oaks and maples and elms clustered about Fell Isle began to turn, from hues of green to red, orange and yellow. The morning fog got thicker by the day, and never quite burned off. Fall had arrived well and truly.

Fall was a short season on Fell Isle. Summer's heat burned up to September, and then in November the snows fell and the ice hardened. Fall lasted naught but a month. In that month the Forestdwellers of Fell Isle were completely occupied with one task: bringing in the harvest. This was especially the case in the Dark Forest village of Hemmerington, a community built around farming. Among the pickers of pumpkins, of squash, of radishes, among the gatherers of wheat, and barley and hay, among the slaughterers of fat pigs and senile cattle, was a new face. Dale.

He was known simply as Dale, as the “new young man, such a nice lad.”. He was the new strong back, the new helping hand, the new willing neighbor. Where there was work to be done, Dale was there. He sweated with the Dark Foresters, hauling and storing and harvesting. He stayed at Mistress Korvalt’s, eating dinner with her and the three boys every night before going to bed, only to rise again the next day to work some more. On many days while taking a short respite he would walk with Alice Clooney, on other days he would be with Felix Ffluffingar. Where ever he was, he would learn. Alice taught him the names of herbs and their uses. He learned how to clean and bind a wound, and how properly remove a lodged weapon. He learned basic woodcrafting from Felix, and Donald Dwight, Hemmerington’s carpenter. And slowly, to his delight, the knowledge of music returned to him. He could play the guitar again, and was learning the basics of the dulcimer and even a wind instrument: the flute.

Felix was a fine teacher, eager to instruct, quick to praise but also to critique. He gave Dale demonstrations, playing the mandolin, guitar, violin, lute, dulcimer, bass, drums and half a dozen instruments. Once he even decked himself out in his old Royal Knight bard’s garbs, a flamboyant array of reds and whites, with tiny bells and frilly tassels.

“Felix,” said Dale after the bard had returned to only slightly less flamboyant clothes and had packed the Royal Knight suit away, “What faction do you belong to?”

“I was born a Royal Knight.” said Felix promptly, “Stayed one ‘til I retired and moved here. After I fell head-over-heels in love with Hemmerington, I officially became a Dark Forest citizen.”

“How do you do that?” asked Dale.

Felix leaned back, grasping his teacup.

“Let’s see. You’ve got to go to the local County Office, which would be in Josstshire. They’ve got papers you’ve got to fill out. Not much, though. I’ve heard that they rarely refuse anyone citizenship. Now, if you run for office, that’s a totally different bunch of business, but if you just want to become an ordinary, plow-pushing, tree-hugging Dark Forester, methinks there should be no problem. And with the Fell War, and the BloodVaine Epic, and the Wolfpack civil war, and the recent Jewel Reef fiasco, Dark Forester fellows, especially able young fellows like yourself, are high in demand.”

Felix took a sip then said, “Thinking about a little change of ranks, are we?”

Dale shrugged.

“Change of ranks from what? I’ve been a starving, wandering bard up until my…accident. I suppose if I was to claim affinity with a faction it would be Western Knight’s Kingdom. I was born a Westerner. Never really thought myself as one, though…”

Dale fell silent, and Felix said no more. After a moment, Dale finished his tea and pushed himself out his chair.

“I must be off. One of McGregor’s irrigation ditches has collapsed, I need to help dig it out.”

“Have fun getting your hands dirty.” chuckled Felix, “I know I would. And don’t forget to practice those scales!”
Last edited by Lord_Of_The_LEGO on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: B-18
Formendacil wrote:They rounded a bend in the road, and a large hill loomed over them, capped with an impressive stone fortress.

"Shindar fortress," nodded Mask. "Come, I shall take you to the Daimyo."
Mask led them up into the fortress. They left the soldiers in the courtyard, and Mask led Elbadar down to the chamber where Daimyo Gailin was waiting. The Daimyo was a tall man, white haired, dressed in full samurai armour.

"Lord Marshal Elbadar?" he said, coming over to meet them. "I am most pleased that you have come. Did your journey go well?"

"The journey was fine," said Elbadar, "but I fear that the end of it was not. My junior officer, Captain Oris Del Grakken, has usurped command of most of my men, and has joined forces with Sorgodh's Fright Knights."

The Daimyo reeled a little in shock, but regained his composure.

"Where is Po Lee?" he asked. "He was certain that you could be trusted."

"I still can be," said Elbadar. "As for Po Lee, he is with Del Grakken and the others. I believe him to be the one who approached Del Grakken on the behalf of Sorgodh's men."

"Po Lee?" said the Daimyo, shaken. "It cannot be!"

"I fear that Marshal Elbadar is right," said Mask. "Po Lee was last seen with Del Grakken's men, and it was at HIS suggestion that you sent him to hire Marshal Elbadar's men. He must have known that Del Grakken would betray the Marshal."

"If he was working for Sorgodh, he would know," said Elbadar. "I was approached several months ago by an emissary of Sorgodh, who wanted me to attack you. I turned him down, but Del Grakken was keen to accept."

"This is terrible," said the Daimyo. "Po Lee knows nearly all our secrets. And we are now badly outnumbered. I see little hope."

"All told, you have about 140 men on your side, counting my own," said Elbadar, "assuming that Po Lee was telling the truth when he said that you had about 100 samurai here, and no ninjas." Elbadar looked querrellously at Mask.

"I told you that things are not done as they are on the mainland. Po Lee told you correctly that the Daimyo does not hire Ninjas. What Po Lee did not tell you is that the Daimyo has a small number shinobi who are bound to him in service as a samurai would be," Mask told him. Elbadar nodded.

"But there aren't very many of you, are there?" he asked.

"No," said the Daimyo. "Only a handful of my men serve as Shinobi."

"So 140ish against about 350ish," said Elbadar. "Not good odds. How strong is the fortress?"

"Against a foreign army, I could hold it against numbers thrice my own, though I would die of starvation," said the Daimyo. "But with Po Lee on their side, our chances are much slimmer. Po Lee knows all the hidden entrances, and the weaknesses of our walls. Without more men, I do not think we can hold."

"Then give me most of your men tonight," said Elbadar. "I'll make an attack by night on Del Grakken and the Fright Knights. They won't be here before then, I don't think."

"Mask?" asked the Daimyo, turning to he.

"It can work," said Mask. "None of the enemy knows the countryside, not even Po Lee. It would be possible to attack them at night, and give them some losses, without too much damage to our own men."

"Then do it," said the Daimyo. "Let us not wait until they are on our doorstep before doing something about them."
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

TheOrk wrote:Mircea left at once, according to him, he didn’t want to lose control with innocent minifigs in the vicinity. The group seperated for the moment, Theodore and Rodney were having a busy conversation with the inn keeper. Darkold helped the stumbling Midark into a bed.

Mircea walked out into the night and let the cold air caress his skin. He really felt that he needed to be alone. He had been close in that inn, too close. But this time it had felt different. He had learnt to control his hunger fairly well now but he was almost certain that it had been something else this time. He sat down and leaned on a tree just outside the village.

Is there no end to the aspects of this curse?

He started and glanced around. He thought he had heard an answer. A faint voice, but it was probably in his head. He shrugged and gazed at the nightsky. I just wish I could die.
The moment later he lost consciousness.

Mircea´s body stood up and a wicked grin adorned the face. He began moving toward the castle again.

--------

Radu and Ioan sat in the graveyard. They had safely come out of the graveyard and was now awaiting dawn. They wouldspend the day in a tomb. Ioan had explained his origins and the nature of their powers for Radu who had listened eagerly. Suddenly they heard footsteps coming towards them.

Ioan smiled cruelly and Radu fingered on his weapon. A tall and handsome man walked up to them. He had long black hair and a small moustache. A tiny smile adorned his features.

"Hail to thee, Ioan Strigulea, Warlord of the Strigoi, the Firstborn of noble Striga the Damned." The voice was noble and formal but then it changed and became almost kind. "It´s a pleasure to meet you again, brother."

Ioan frowned and met the stranger´s gaze for a few moments but then he smiled.

"Ah, Laurentiu. I guess I shouldn´t be surprised. But what is that shape your wearing?"

Laurentiu chuckled coldly. "Well, I just borrowed it from a progeny of mine."

Radu looked very confused but after a frown from Ioan he bowed before Laurentiu. Laurentiu turned his cruel eyes to him.

"And you are?"

Ioan answered before Radu could. "A progeny of mine, brother."

Laurentiu nodded. "Very well, unfortunately this little progeny of mine hasn´t been as good a servant as I had hoped. He has already plotted your destruction together with some knights at an inn in a village."

Ioan´s face betrayed no emotions. "Well, where is it? It´s just to kill them off, isn´t it?"

"They are no menace, they could be annoying yes but with all these abominations running around here I suggest that you leave and travel south. You should wait for my progeny in the village of Napotza. Then we´ll have time to speak more."

Ioan nodded. "Well, you have always been the sage. but what about those annoying mortals?"

Laurentiu smiled. "I will deal with them."

---------

Mircea awoke again with his back to the tree. He shrugged. What happened? he thought. Well, I think I have enough to worry about anyway.

Dawn wasn´t far away and he went into the inn again. He carefully sneaked into the room of Valric and carefully shoke him until he awoke.

"I have to sleep soon, sir. The sun will rise in half an hour." he whispered.

Valric looked up tiredly and shrugged. "Eh... yes..." he murmured. Than he moaned and put a hand on his wound.

Mircea shrugged sadly. "I could help you to heal it, and make you stronger... But the price would be terrible." he said in a dreamy voice.

"Make me a....strigoi?"

Mircea shrugged. "No, I wouldn´t even consider that. Just let you taste my blood, it would heal that wound of yours and make you stronger. But then your will would be bound to me. Forget it."

He turned and opened the door but before he left he turned and said:

"Good luck in finding him today, sir."

"But what should we do when we find him?"

"Don´t go too close, then he might wake up. If he do, just run, run for life and hope to get out into the sun before he manage to kill you all. If you are together someone should be able to escape."

Valric chuckled dryly. "So what shall we do then?"

"Set fire on whatever he´s sleeping in."

"And if he´s still in the castle?"

"Then you´ll need a big fire."

---------

Laurentiu chuckled on his dark throne. The schemes of his progeny were very entertaining to watch. But he was no menace. In time he would learn. And Ioan was safely on his route to the south anyway.

Now it was time to do some other important things.

"Blood-slave!" He called and moments later the door was opened. The former Batlord Zaharia entered and bowed deeply.

"Yes, master."

"Your stories of the Lady has interested me, Blood-slave. I think the time is due for a visit."

A sparkle of hope was lit in Zaharia´s broken mind. "Will you leave, master?"

Laurentiu chuckled a hollow chuckle. "Of course not, you will. And your pathetic body will have the honour to host my soul."

Zaharia´s heart sank. "So, when will I leave?"

"Tonight, but first." He ripped open his wrist with his fingernails. "You will drink my blood for the third time. You´re a bit too independent."

Zaharia backed off first but then his legs just carried him forward.

---------

She stared with unblinking eyes into a pool of mold-clotted water. A tiny shape in the pool which was the blood-slave Zaharia went out of the throneroom of Laurentiu.

A hollow voice spoke in the darkness. "This is interesting. He´ll be a valuable resource."

Then there was only silence and darkness.
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: J-10
Formendacil wrote:"I believe I could," said E'terriole, with a grave nod. "If Your Majesty believes it wise."

"I see no reason not to," said Constantius. "You will be avoiding combat, if possible, anyway. You have my blessing."

And so the meeting adjourned.
"Jayko!" Arthur Vitore burst into their shared dormitory late in the evening. "Brilliant news, mate!"

Jayko rolled over on his bed. He had been reading Robertson Cruise, a classic novel of adventure.

"What?" he asked.

"We've got marching orders!" said Arthur, in full, bubbly, spirits. "Half of our class is ordered to be ready to be on the road, fully armed and rationed for a full length mission down southwards. We leave on the morrow. The rumour is that we're going into Fright Knights lands. Isn't this bloody awesome?"

Jayko wasn't quite as enthusiastic as Arthur.

"That's about two hundred Cadets... Fully armed and rationed, marching in the morning? To Fright Knight lands?" He puzzled it over. "Clearly it's not an invasion, we aren't enough for that. But what on earth is it?"

"Not a barmy idea," said Arthur, exuberantly, "but it's great news, doncha think? Real action! Do you realise, Jayko, that with this experience, we could be promoted to full Cavaliers after this? The Empire's fast-tracking a lot of careers right now."

"True," said Jayko. "What time do we have to be ready to go?"

"In the courtyard, fully ready to march, by 0800 hours," said Arthur.

"Better get packed," said Jayko, climbing out of bed. "I want a decent night's sleep."

"What's the fun in that?" asked Arthur. "I was planning on going out celebrating, as soon as I'm packed. Who knows when we'll be in spitting distance of a decent pub again?"

"Sorry, boys," came the voice of the Novice-Master. Captain-Colonel E'terriole stood in the doorway. "I see that Cadet Vitore has beat me to announcing our departure tomorrow, but I see that I still need to inform you that all leave is cancelled. You'll be spending the night in barracks, I'm afraid. Get some sleep."

"Bummer," said Arthur to Jayko, as E'terriole departed down the hall to the next dorm.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:The Vikings were putting down roots.
Grid: A-12

It had been three weeks since the Vikings had claimed the so-called Mist Isle as their own. The Viking fortress was complete, if not roughly so. Weapons were sharpened and longships repaired. Norbrik Ogriksson's expedition had circumnavigated all of Mist Isle. It was confirmed the one hundred and six Vikings and the Black Falcon Girard were the only ones on the isle.

But there was a problem. Food was running low. The Vikings were not farmers, and the small island had little wildlife to hunt. Winter was coming, and soon they would have nothing to eat.

And so Thedrikfjörge Bjeorsson met with Norbrik Ogriksson on the forth of October.

"Norbrik," said Thedrikfjörge Bjeorsson, "Methinks it's time for some pillaging."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].