Classic Castle Roleplay: October 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Robin Hood wrote:That said, Cloak shifted again. This time, he was still in human form, but not his own. He was in Kae-Os' form. Aiden looked at his elf friend's body just to make sure he was there.

Apparently Cloak had gotten Kae-Os' abilities along with his shape. With unnatural speed, Cloak ran at Aiden. Aiden knew that even without a weapon, Kae-Os could defeat him easily. He suspected the same went for the elf Cloak.
Grid: B-16
Location: Forest near village near Daimyo Kash-Lid's fortress, Ninjarin side of Boranis Dracis Island.

Aiden didn't have to worry though. At least not too much. For as Cloak ran at him, Kae-Os got up from where he had been laying and grabbed the shapeshifter from behind.

Cloak tried to struggle, but though he was in an elf's body, he didn't have an elf's knowledge of hand-to-hand combat. Kae-Os had Cloak in a hold that would be broken only if the other was stronger.

After struggling uselessly for a couple minutes, Cloak relaxed. For a brief second Kae-Os thought that it might mean he was surrendering, but that had hardly been thought when the true meaning became apparent. Cloak was shifting again.

It might have gone badly for the elf, had Aiden not foreseen such a thing. As soon as the man began to shimmer, he threw his remaining rapier right at Cloak's head. He caught him in mid shift.

Cloak screamed. A scream made from a thousand different voices all said with the same pair of lungs. Aiden fell back ward from the shear force of the sound. Kae-Os stepped back, away from the writhing form that was part elf and part ape-creature.

The sword fell from the side of Cloak's face as his body began to shimmer and change. He changed from an elf, to a bird, to a woman, to a soldier and still more. Every change Cloak had ever done was now replaying. And all through it he shimmered. Finally, as the last one, a young man, faded, Cloak himself lay there. The shimmering increased, until nothing could be seen of Cloak other than a swirling mass of black. Slowly, as though it was being washed away, the black faded away. In its place was a small boy; with skin so pale it was translucent. He had no visible hair and his eyes were pale yellow. One side of his face was awash with blood pouring out the hole Aiden's rapier had made.

Aiden and Kae-Os barely had time to register this before there was a loud flash and bang. The body disappeared and from where it had been came a shock wave that pushed Aiden onto his back.

Dazed, he shook his head. Looking up, Aiden saw blue sky through patches in the forest canopy. A squirrel chattered in the distance. A bird crossed his vision as it flew towards its nest. "I wish our adventures were always this peaceful," muttered Aiden to no one.

"Fat chance of that," replied Kae-Os from somewhere behind him, breaking his enjoyment of nature. "Get off your lazy butt and help me with Shika."

Aiden got to his feet, groaning slightly. "Easy for you to say. I had a boulder land on me. All you got was a bash on the head."

He went over and saw what state Shika was in. Apart from a respectable bump on her head, she was more or less fine, and came round in a minute.

"Did I miss something?" She inquired while Aiden retrieved his swords.

"Not much." Replied Kae-Os, helping her to her feet. He then gave her a brief run down on what had happened. "You were pretty skilled to get that fan of yours in his arm. Aiden here only managed to hit because either his back was turned or I was holding him.

Aiden glared at the elf.

Shika acknowledged the compliment with a nod. "Do you have an idea why he turned into a boy at the end?"

"Can't say as I really do. All I have is a guess." Aiden and Shika looked at him expectantly. "My thought is that that boy was how Cloak looked liked before he started shifting. Maybe, once he started shifting, he couldn't return to original form, and that’s why he was always completely black."

"So you’re saying we fought a kid?" exclaimed Aiden.

"No," replied Kae-Os slowly. "This is still guess work, but I think that he was a kid when he first started shifting. And he got stuck with no form when he was a kid, so he never had an adult form. When all the shifting back-tracked, it went to his last true form."

"Hmm," pondered Aiden.

The three walked back the way they came. They passed the spot where they had fought the ninjas, but no bodies were to be seen. Shika looked slightly perturbed by this, but said nothing. Upon reaching the forest's edge, they picked up their packs and cloaks.

They then went back to the road they had come by and headed back to Shika's village.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: K-12
Location: The LEGOland/Fright Knight border, on the edge of Dracul province...
Formendacil wrote:"They're half gone," said Drazzuil, pleased. "You know your stuff! You have my thanks, and my Lord's."

Then he turned to his men, and gave the orders to attack.
"Fright Knights!" shrieked one of Jayko's men, as he tried to hold them together, to regroup with Captain-Colonel E'terriole.

"The other attacks must have been to soften us up!" said Jayko. "Stick together! Form up an attack line!"

"An attack line?" gulped one of the soldiers. "There's less than forty of us, and a few hundred of them."

"We are mounted Imperial Cavaliers," said Jayko, "and they are a mismatchedly armed band of infantry Fright Knights. Besides, E'terriole still has sixty or so men with him. That's nearly a hundred Cavaliers- all mounted. Enough to do some serious damage."

"Aren't we supposed to be observing only?" asked the soldier.

"They're attacking us, you dolt!" said Jayko, before he remembered that he outranked them. "Enough of this chatter! Cadet-Sergeant, order the men to form up a battle line! On my command, we charge at the enemy, normal pace."

"Aye... sir," said the Cadet-Sergeant, slightly sulkily. Perhaps he resented Jayko pulling rank on them. Perhaps he resented taking orders from an Eastern Kingdomer. In any case, the Cadets were soon lined up in battle formation.

"Forward!" order Jayko, and they began to advance. Ahead of them, the Fright Knights were also closing in. Out of the corner of his eye, Jayko was relieved to see that E'terriole's group had formed up, and was moving in to attack from the right flank.

Imperial Cavaliers in action is always a sight to see, and this battle by the startled Cadets was no exception. Jayko's men sped up to a faster pace, and crashed into the advancing Fright Knights, ploughing inwards, driven on by greater weight and speed. Then E'terriole's larger force hit the Fright Knights on Jayko's right, crumpling it entirely.

On Jayko's left, Captain Drazzuil was rallying his men, and was doing a pretty fair job. Once they had broken the first couple of lines, the Cavaliers were slowed, and the greater numbers of the Fright Knights came into play. A few of the Cavaliers were being knocked off their horses.

"Draw back and regather!" ordered Jayko. "We'll join E'terriole's men and round on them for another blow!"

Jayko's men passed on the order, and turned their steeds around, and for the most part broke free of the Fright Knight ranks, regrouping, and expecting E'terriole's men to join them.

But the other Cavaliers didn't seem to be regrouping.

"Why isn't E'terriole regrouping with us?" Jayko asked himself. "It's standard procedure..." He turned to the men behind him. "Can you see Captain-Colonel E'terriole?"

They all scanned the battle.

"No sign of the regimental colours, sir," said the one. "Or of the Imperial Banner." Jayko's heart dropped. Both of the standards were typically carried with the commanding officer.

"If E'terriole has fallen..." he muttered to himself. "It means that they don't know what they're doing."

And it seemed to be a reasonable suggestion. The Cadets on the field were one by one being picked off, and they had no discernable plan of attack. What was he to do? wondered Jayko.

"Prepare to advance," said Jayko, thinking as fast as he could. "We're going to strike at their left flank, where their command seems to be centred. We'll hit them hard and then circle to rear, and try and get the rest of the Cavaliers to follow us out. Follow my lead."

And, as a good leader should, Jayko led the way back into battle.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Dale stopped. Alice looked at him.

“Alice,” he said slowly, “There’s something I need to tell you.”
Grid: P-10

Alice took Dale's hand and led him a log, where they both sat. She said nothing; just looked at him steadily. Dale sucked in a breath.

"What I told you, about my past, that time ago...I didn't really tell you everything." he started hesitatingly, "Majisto wasn’t the only factor in my death. He did kill me, yes, but…but it was because of myself…and my companions, at least some of them, that he did.”

Dale paused, then continued, “We had just escaped from a Crusader port. I think it was called Denderham. Anyway, we escaped through an underground tunnel, and ended up not far from here. More south, I guess. We were eleven in all: myself, Bjarn, Willem Blackcloak, Graygon, Rodurik, Rosa, Alex, Marcus, Luxus…and Reno…and Shainya.”

Dale looked at Alice. Her eyes were wide.

“Yes, I was indeed traveling with kings. Or future kings.”

Dale stared at the ground.

“Majisto wouldn’t have killed me if he hadn’t had a sword. Reno’s sword. You see…” Dale stared at Alice, “Majisto appeared when Reno and I were fighting. Fighting…over Shainya.”

He looked at his feet, grasping his hands tightly.

“I loved Shainya. She loved me. But she also loved Reno. And he loved her. And Reno was swinging his sword about. And…and then Majisto appeared. He took Reno’s sword. And I was in the way.”

Dale shuddered.

“I can’t remember much. Instant pain, then blackness, then nothing. Until…until, I suddenly became aware. Hearing returned first. Then sight. No touch or taste or smell. Just sight and sound. I was in a sword. Reno’s sword. It took me days to get used to the idea, to get used to being ethereal, and to get used to my bond to the sword. I had power of it, but it had power over me. It was my prison.”

Dale spoke rapidly now.

“So much happened then once I learned to control the sword, and once I got used to being a ghost of sorts. It was hard: but I reunited Reno and Shainya. You see, everyone had thought Reno had killed me. But he hadn’t. And however much I dislike him, I couldn’t see him unjustly accused. So I revealed myself to them, and Reno and Shainya rejoined. And I was left to wander the halls of Drullen Bell. That’s where I met the lad Walf, and later his companions Alex and Logon. This was when the BloodVaine War began. We experience many adventures, the four of us. And we all became wiser because of it.”

Dale paused.

“There is very little else to tell. During the Classic Ball. I…I saw Reno and Shainya again. They were married. And they were with child. I…I went I little mad, I guess. But then I was confronted by a wizard, Daner Pluto. I can never repay him. He healed me. And…well…”

Dale looked at Alice. Her eyes were soft. She leaned forward and kissed him. Then she stood, and walked away. Dale sat there. Then he began to hum his scales.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Grid: L-14

Long ago, the caverns and tunnels had been bustling with miners, hundreds of hard-working men who had been mining the caves for the valuable ore and diamonds that could be found within the rock, to help with the construction of Orion, which at that time was still a great work under construction.

But that was hundreds of years ago, and now Orion had been finished, and the miners were gone, taking with them all the resources they could find, leaving only a large network of tunnels and caves behind.

Soon, a new presence entered the caves. They were a group of men known as the Shadow Knights. After the defeat of their previous master, the Great Sorcerer Vermicus of Ankoria, the surviving members of the Cult of Shadows had set up their base here, in a forgotten mine deep beneath the surface or the reach the sun. Here they rebuilt their depleted forces, and found precious minerals that the miners of the Classic kingdoms never cared to examine. Soon, some had deemed their faction od dark warriors strong enough to break out to the world above once more.

However, certain decisions had to be made concerning such a matter. Not eveyone was in agreement on a "breakout", and so councils of high-ranking Shadow Knights and Lords took place, where the matter was discussed again and again. The council Gyrioss and his brother were in was one of them.

Sir Gyrioss and his brother Sir Pyriuss were seated near the back of a large hall. A heated debate was going on before them as dark-clad Shadow Knights argued in from of them. Silently, the twins both watched the events unfolding before them, Pyriuss with general interest and thought, and Gyrioss with slight amusement and scorn.

"Like I have told you, Constantius would never allow us to become a proper faction! Ever since the Falling, the other factions have hated us with a passion. That much we know for certain!" one Shadow Lord called.

The other Shadow Lord sitting across from him spoke in a softer, but more sinister tone. "Look at the Dragon Masters. They have carved a place for themselves in the world, instead of creeping about in caves like we are currently."

"Only because they have ousted their leader and cut all ties with magic!" another countered hotly. "If we were ever to become a legal faction in the eyes of the Classics we would need to change our culture in many ways."

"Foolishness." grunted a deep, hard voice. "Who says we have to become a legal faction anyway? We have enough magic and siege equipment to crush most of those puny nations."

"That is impossible!" another member of the Council shouted as he rose from his chair. "We have already decided that military action is out of the question. We are not strong enough to wage a war on any other faction."

"Oh? I wonder why that is?" the second Shadow Knight called mockingly.

The previous Shadow Knight glared at him, and put his hand on a sword at his side. Things might have taken a turn for the worse, had Lord Vladek, the current military leader and general ruler of the Shadow Knights, not jumped up from his throne and slammed his sword hilt against the table.

"Enough! Both of you, sit down. It is clear that we will decide nothing bickering today. Perhaps tomorrow, you will all be a more reasonable mood. But for now...Council adjourned."

Gyrioss and Pyriuss left the hall, passing through the crowd of talking Shadow Knights.

"All this talking is ridiculous!" Gyrioss muttered to his twin. "Day after day, we've done nothing but sit and listen to their chit chat."

"Well, it's not as if we can do much else, is it? " Pyriuss, his level headed brother replied. "All the current objectives of the Cult have been achieved, one way or another. Until something's decided, we can only await."

"We don't HAVE to, brother. There are other...places we could go to. Other powers we might serve. Other things we might do. It doesn't all have to be like this, listening to old men bantering." Gyrioss said slowly.

Pyriuss stopped and looked at his brother curiously. "What do you mean?"

Gyrioss seemed to suddenly awaken from a dream. "Oh, never mind. Just a thought."
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

K-14 Kinorapokar
Gyrioss seemed to suddenly awaken from a dream. "Oh, never mind. Just a thought."
Gyrioss continued on walking as if nothing ever happened. Pyriuss looked at him with a mixture of interest and concern. He knew that his twin brother always went somewhere that he most likely shouldn’t be. Pyriuss and Gyriuss always agreed on something, they were twins. The only real friction between them was with the Shadow Council.

When the two were very young, their village in the Western Knight’s Kingdom had been burnt to the ground. The two twins had managed to survive somehow. A group of Shadow Knights came along and took them in. Pyriuss questioned many of the Shadow Council’s motives but he did have a sense of loyalty to them. Gyrioss on the hand, didn’t see things that way.

“Why do we need to be proper faction anyway?” Muttered Pyriuss. “We’re the Shadow Knights remember? Theron always said we should strike from the shadows then out in the open.”

“True. But I’ve just about had it with the entire council.” Replied Gyrioss.

The two twins walked down through the tunnels in silence. All around them, miners were scrambling about, ever since the strange, wonderous new metal had been found. It had become one of the Shadow Council’s primary goal to hoard it. You could never have to many Rub n’Buff suits of armour or weapons. They didn’t pack the punch of chromite, but they were far stronger then that flimsy ABS garbage.

The two emerged in a large cavern, one that was near the surface. A sergeant in a Rub n’ Buff helmet walked around barking orders. Soon around forty axe wielding Shadow Knights began to march.

“No doubt they’re off to fight those bloody traitors.” Said Pyriuss.

Gyrioss stiffened. “Yes, those bloody traitors.”

“I wonder when we’ll get some action. They wouldn’t allow us to go with Theron’s party to Solitaire…” Grumbled Pyriuss as he watched the Shadow Knight column disappear around a corner.

“Who knows. Remember, all of Theron’s troops were killed and Theron himself? He was a great guy, but there’s no doubt anymore that he’s dead.”

“Yeah…” Replied Pyriuss.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: C-4
Formendacil wrote:"If it HAS been destroyed, I'm sure we'll hear in the port," said Sir Dractor.

"Don't count on it," said Sir Yves with a grin, "news takes a long time to make its way out of the Crags."
As the news would have it, there was no word of Fendor's Field having been torched by dragon fire. Word HAD reached the coast that the dragon was molesting the interior, but details were vague.

"Hopefully that's a good sign," Sir Yves had said. And so they set off inland, the path from their port leading inland, later joining with a path from another of the coastal villages. It was a lonely journey. Not a soul did they meet as they followed the paths, and homesteads were few and well-guarded.

"There are outlaws in the woods," said Sir Yves, "but they leave travellers alone."

"How does that work?" asked Thomas. "Shouldn't they be preying on travellers?"

"No," said Sir Yves. "These aren't highwaymen, just poachers. The reasons they're outlaws is for hunting the King's deer. Out in these woods, no one cares. It's a hunter's paradise."

"And so outlaws flock here from across Dametreos?" said Thomas, skeptically.

"Well... maybe one or two," said Sir Yves. "They're locals mostly. Really only outlaws in name. They're on a good footing with the villagers and baron's men."

"Then how are they outlaws?" asked Thomas.

"Breaking the law is breaking the law," said Sir Yves. "And an outlaw is an outlaw. They're good fellows though..."

"Being a good fellow isn't an excuse for breaking the law," said Sir Dractor. "No matter how trivial the law, unless it's morally reprehensible, one should strive to obey it."

Sir Yves was impressed. Thomas laughed.

"So says the man who's STILL wanted in the Crusader colony?"

"What's this?" asked Sir Yves, bemused.

"A long, boring story," said Sir Dractor. "Involving misunderstandings. I won't trouble your ears with it."

"I will," said Thomas, with a grin. "And then I'll tell about the time YOU went poaching Forestman elk, and ended up in the Drullen Bell gaol. Gonderin gave me the full story."

Sir Dractor scowled darkly for a moment, but lightened up as Thomas gave a spirited and slightly reworked version of his two most famous Dametreosian misdemeanours.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Cate yawned.

“As fascinating as this is.” she said, rising, “It is late, and we must rise early tomorrow if we wish to reach Drullen Bell. G’night, you two.”

And so, with the history of Farburg on their minds, the trio went to bed.
Grid: M-8

The next morning, the trio ate a quick breakfast and then exited the Pink Periwinkle.

“I do hope we have no trouble at the border,” said Cate, her brow furrowed, “That would be difficult.”

But she had needed not to worry. The Forestmen side was completely void of anyone. Even the Crusader guard tower seemed lacking in men. Two bored-looked Crusaders nodded in a not unfriendly manner as Hans, Adrian and Cate stepped into the think woods.

“Such a hasty visit.” sighed Adrian, looking longingly back at the bright Crusader countryside. By comparison, the Forestmen woods seemed almost dark, though the tress had begun to turn.

“Oh, I’m sure you’ll be back upon your precious soil soon enough.” smirked Hans.

Adrian grunted.

“Besides,” said Hans, “Feel honored! We’re in Forestmen land! The heroes of the BloodVaine War!”

“True.” said Adrian, “Quite amazing, really. About a year ago, these woods were ash, the battle for Orion’s gate was coming to a close, BloodVaine was dead or dying, the factions were horribly fragmented, and a harsh winter was fast approaching. And here we are now, a year later, peacefully strolling through the woods.”

The was a stretch of silence, then Adrian asked, “Out of curiosity, where were the two of you during the siege of Orion?”

“Holed away in Siclent Villa.” said Cate with a shudder, “Along with all my hundreds of aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins. It was awful.”

“Me? I was stuck in the bloody middle of it all.” said Hans, “Most in Orion had little warning, and were forced to hole up when BloodVaine took over. It actually didn’t affect us much until the battle for the gate. BloodVaine mostly took over the west wing of the Yellow Castle, and a bunch of residents of the Castle, including my family and bunch of Cavaliers barricaded ourselves in the Archives. We feared we’d be eventually run over by the Dragon Masters or Black Falcons, but the Allies attacked before that.”

“Well, I was all nice and cozy in Tols, relatively speaking.” said Adrian, “Of all of Dametreos, I think Lion Isle suffered the least from the BloodVaine War. But we sure got it bad that winter.”

All three of them shuddered. Then Cate looked up.

“Uh, guys…”

Hans and Adrian looked.

“Oh, that’s not good.” said Adrian

“Totally.” said Hans.

Cate snorted in frustration.

“A little walk in the woods, you said! Look at us! We’re lost! We could be anywhere!”

“C’mon, be reasonable,” said Adrian soothingly, “We can’t be just anywhere…”

“Yes,” quipped Hans, “It is most certain that we are , at least, somewhere on the mainland of Dametreos. Unless we crossed the Fell Sea while I wasn’t looking.”

“Hans!” snapped Cate, “Be serious!’

“Oh, I’m serious, alright…” said Hans, “But you could have at least looked at where we were going.”

“Me!” shrilled Cate, “This is your dumb quest, Hans, not mine! You try looking where we are going!”

“Alright, lovebirds!” bellowed Adrian, “Enough already!”

Hans and Cate fell silent.

“Now,” said Adrian with a straight face, “Seriously. We’re not in any trouble. How hard can it be for three adolescents, two of them introvert scholars and the other a rich heiress, to find their way through a Forestmen wood?”

“Apparently,” said a voice from the woods, “Very hard.”

The trio swirled about. Three figures clad in green immerged. One was Lord Bjarn, holding a loosely nocked bow. The other two were Captains Anardan and Elacil. All of were chuckling.

“Well met, young Hans!” greeted Bjarn.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: M-8
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:The trio swirled about. Three figures clad in green immerged. One was Lord Bjarn, holding a loosely nocked bow. The other two were Captains Anardan and Elacil. All of were chuckling.

“Well met, young Hans!” greeted Bjarn.
"Bjarn!" said Hans, relieved, embarrassed, and pleased. "Dude, is it good to see you! You remember Cate and Adrian, right?"

"Indeed," nodded Bjarn, "and I'm most curious to hear why the three of you have come up in the direction of my humble home. But I'm even more curious as to how you managed to find yourselves this lost. We built a perfectly good road from the Crusader border to Drullen Bell after the war, back during the spring, to facilitate the trade that developed since the peace after the war. How on earth did you manage to lose it?"

"Road?" said Adrian. "I don't remember any road. Hans? Cate?"

"Nope," said Hans. "No road."

"Not where we entered," said Cate.

"Whereabouts DID you cross the border?" asked Captain Anardan.

"Er," said Hans, "at Farburg?"

"Did you follow the main north-west boulevard until it turned into the new road in the countryside?" asked Anardan. "Because that should have taken you right up to the border crossing where our men are posted. We just left there. Routine inspection."

"No border crossing," said Adrian with a shake of his head.

"Or a boulevard, for that matter," said Hans. "Didn't we leave Farburg on Drullen Avenue? We assumed it must be the way to Drullen Bell..." Cate and Adrian responded in the affirmative.

"We should really talk to the Farburg civil authorities," said Bjarn. "Confusion like that isn't a good idea. Although in old times I suppose that anyone so brave as to leave Farburg for Drullen Bell would have taken the old avenue, rather than the Boulevard, which leads in the direction of the new road."

"I could go talk to them," volunteered Elacil. "Unless you want me to shepherd these younglings to Drullen Bell."

"I can shepherd them myself, thank you," said Bjarn. "I still want to know why they're up here, now that I know why they managed to misplace the highway."
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

L-12 Castle Dracul Area

A week passed. The wound Pythos had given Valric was worse then he thought. It itself was nothing more then a pin prick to the big knight. But it was magical in nature. The village healer gave him some foul smelling concoction to finish the healing process, that and made him spend the week in bed. The knight would not go down without a fight. Only with a bottle of the fiercest brandy to be found in the village could take him down. Even still, his drunken shouts at being left alone could be heard for miles.

Besides Valric, Midark also seemed to have a very mild concution. He was also bed ridden for a week, but he went peacefully. Mircea never came back. Darkold who was native to the Batlands went out to track him down, accompanying him was Sir Rodney. His ice spear had proven very useful against the nameless terrors of the castle, it was proving to be useful on the named terrors of the Fright Knight Forests though.

Theodore remained behind to help guard the other two, as well as the whole village it seemed. The problems at Castle Dracul were increasing, even if the war(or at least a series of skirmishes) fought over it had long died down.

Count Belzzar had gone missing for one thing. Even if he was still around, She-of-the-Barrow should have a suitable replacement lined up by now. That battle was over, another seemed to begin. The nameless spawn of Mephistar continued to multiply in the bowls of the castle. That outbreak could have been contained, but no demon slayers arrived in time. The megablox warriors multiplyed with every life they took.

Them and the strigoi fought with tooth and nail(or fang and claw) over the castle dungeons. Both sides could not gain the advantage. Both wanted the upper levels for themselves. The sorcerer Venvorskar had moved in. Instead of using his capable magical skills to cleanse the castle of taint, he seemed content to let it stew in it’s own juices, while his enemies lined up around him.

The towns and villages of the Dracul province were getting on ok. Besides the army scattering and the local monster population increasing, life was still as normal as it gets in the Batlands. As Theodore noticed, all the villages near Castle Dracul seemed to come under attack from the demon spawn, as they continued to multiply.

All week, Theodore inspected the town’s defenses, grumbling the whole time that he should be back home. This wasn’t his home or his war. Still, as a knight he couldn’t just let the poor hapless villagers get eaten by those terrible monsters. Theodore doubted that even with Valric and Midark on their feet, they could escape the this area of the batlands in one piece.

“Why hasn’t Legoland acted?” He muttered to himself subconciously.

Some horribly familiar shrieks echoed from the dense woods around him. “Tyco!” He spat as he ran to raise the alarm. Those Megablocks monsters were at it again. It was the beginning of a new day, the morning mists still hid the sun from view. They would never attack in broad daylight if they could help it.

The few brave villagers out at this early hour ran screaming back to their homes. As Theodore rushed passed them, he almost bumped into a seven foot tall minifig. “Valric!?!? What are you doing on your feet?”

Valric was clad in his armour, his wound was bandaged and looked normal. “I’m tired of that bed and I’m tired of this village. Once we get these blighters” he hefted his glowing sword, “we’ll get those bloody vampires and go home!”

“Now there’s a plan!” Laughed Theodore as he drew his own sword.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

OOS: Another out of sync post I'm afraid. Still catching up you know.

Grid: D-16

The surface of the shallows broke as governor Drock came up for air. With powerful strokes he pulled himself through the water and up onto a large rock. There he retrieved his kilt and, after drying himself off, fastened it securely about his waist. It was a light, unrestrictive piece of clothing that he could have taken swimming, but Drock didn’t feel like dripping for the next half hour and so, had decided to leave it on the rock. The sorcerer’s staff was there too and picking it up, he vaulted across the water to another nearby rock. In half a minute he was beyond the reef and landing dry shod on the sandy beach of Monilious Dracis.

“My liege!”

Drock looked up to see one of his servants ridding towards him through the jungle foliage. The horse slowed as it neared the water, the man dismounting as it did.

“My liege.” He said again, “Governor Caimlin to see you. He’s waiting at the house sir. Said it was urgent.”

“Urgent?” Drock thought, furrowing his brow. “That mainlander hasn’t been here a week and he’s already got trouble.” The sorcerer leapt into the saddle, grabbing the reigns and looking to the servant. I’d offer you a ride squire, but I think you’ll find walking more pleasant.

And with that he dug in his heels and was off at a breakneck speed.
~
“Where were you?” Caimlin demanded when Drock arrived at his home. “I’ve been trying to get you on teleharm for the last thirty minutes!”

“I was swimming.” Said Drock, dryly. “Sometimes water can affect the signal. Now…what’s this about an emergency?”

“Dragonar has been captured.” Caimlin stated.

Drock blinked twice. “I’m sorry, what did you say?”

“Dragonar has been captured.” Caimlin repeated enunciating each word slowly.

“Impossible.”

“Oh no?” said Caimlin pulling a parchment from his satchel. “I received this a little over an hour ago.”

The sorcerer scanned the proclamation twice with his green and gray eyes, before lifting them up to meet Caimlin’s. “This isn’t captured. This is usurped.”

“It amounts to the same thing!” Caimlin snapped, grabbing the paper back. “What are we going to do?”

“The sorcerer squinted and was silent for a moment before… “I’ll take care of this.” He said gravely. So he turned and marched into his house.

“What are you doing?” Caimlin questioned, following Drock inside. The sorcerer didn’t answer, but went directly to a trunk in the room and began to rummage through it.

“I’m looking, Governor Caimlin, for transportation.”

“Trasportation?” Caimlin frowned. “Can’t you just teleport?”

“I can. But it gives me a headache. Ah, here we are.” Drock pulled out a large jagged rock with symbols on it. “This is a transport gliph. Same thing I used to get to the emperor’s ball and back. Like I said: I’ll take care of this.” And then in some way that Caimlin couldn’t see, Drock activated the gliph and was gone.
~
Grid: K-13
Location: The Haunted Mansion of the Zolten-Koffkatzski Family

“Where be ye Void? Where be ye?” Japheth was sitting on Opal’s lumpy couch in the haunted mansion, his eyes shut and his mind trying to complete a teleharm. “Be ye getting anything Opal?”

“No.” Opal sighed in disappointment. Japheth opened one eye and looked at the witch. “I can’t find him,” she continued, “unless he answers the teleharm. What do you want to find that old Void fellow anyway, lovey?”

“Because, Ajaxx be thinking Void be dead and I be the one who told him so. If void be planning on coming back there be no telling what wrath Ajaxx’ll loose. I be needing to finish Void first.”

“Oh my brave Jaffy.” Opal cooed, snuggling closer. “Off to fight that nasty wizard. Maybe it’s time to try the bats again.”

“Time!” Japheth exclaimed. The Dragon Master turned to the ticking clock on the wall. “Tyco! I told Ajaxx I’d be back from maneuvers by two. Quick Opal, ye must teleport me back before I be late!”

Opal began to pout. “But darling, you just got here. Couldn’t you stay a little longer?”

Japheth was tempted, but he knew he had to get back. “Opal please. I be wishing to stay here too, but ye know Ajaxx. And…” Japheth went on, leaning closer “I might be coming back with another present next time.”

Grid: G-11

Japheth appeared with a soft poof in the halls of the Grolling fortress. Frowning, he made his way towards the stateroom. Finding Void had been harder then anticipated. The crystal ball had been no help. ‘Void is in Dametreos.’ How vague was that? And now it seemed that the wizard had grown a brain and decided not to answer his teleharms. Perfect.

There was a knock on the door of Lord Ajaxx’s stateroom, a place that not long before had been little more then charred ruins. “Enter.” Came the voice from the inside and Japeth opened the newly installed door.

“Here I be, Ajaxx. Right on time like I promised ye.”

“That be good.” Said Ajaxx, getting up from his newly made oak desk. “I be needing ye to take a…” Ajaxx kept speaking, but Japheth had tuned out. “Japheth!” Ajaxx shouted. “Be ye listening?”

“Sorry I be.” Japheth said, reaching under his eyepatch. “But me eye be itching and… Be it just me or be it getting hazy in here?”

Ajaxx stepped back and drew his sword as the mist materialized around Japheth. Lord Ajaxx was not a student of magic, but he knew the sorcerer’s signature move when he saw it. “Alright Drock,” he said, raising his sword, “where be ye hiding?”

“I’m not hiding.” Came the growling reply and out from the mist charged Drock.

“Ajaxx brought down his sword in a blow that would have cleft the sorcerer’s head in two. Would have…except that the shaft burst into smoke mere inches from contact. The next instant Ajaxx was tackled and falling… Falling for what seemed too long and then, with a splash, they hit the water.

Ajaxx would have sunk, but somehow his armor was gone. He swam to the surfaced and discovered that he was in a large river surrounded by jungle. It reminded him of the Dragon isles. There was no sign of Drock so Ajaxx swam to shore. He had no sooner gained the ground however, when a blast of magic sent him flying into a tree and before he stand, an iron hand was clamped about his neck, pinning him to the earth.

“Now ‘Lord’ Ajaxx,” the sorcerer seethed, eyes blazing “usurper and traitor to my rule. Give me one reason why I should not slay you at this instant.”

Ajaxx struggled for breath under the grip of the sorcerer, trying to free himself, but Drock’s hand wouldn’t move. “I’m waiting.” Ajaxx heard his captor say. But Drock’s only reply was a mighty kick and a snagged heel, toppling him over backwards.

“That be…not the right… question.” Ajaxx heaved. “What ye should ask be what will you gain by slaying me?”

“You mean beside the pleasure of disposing my traitorous general ?”

“Yes, what would ye do afterward? Go to Dragonar? Claim the throne? Me thinks not. The Dragon Masters be through with being led by your tyco type! Moreover, I know ye, and I know ye be not the one who would want to rule. Ye heart be with the sea.”

“You forget your place, Ajaxx. Remember that it was my type who first tamed the dragons and became their masters. Oh, and you should know…I don’t take well to being insulted”

Drock flew at the Dragon Master king, fists clenched. Ajaxx parried the first blow, but the next one landed with a resounding crack on his jaw, wrenching his neck and sending him to the ground.

“You will not kill me, sorcerer!” Ajaxx spat, turning the grass red with blood. “It will not change anything. It will not raise Lord Void. The only thing it will do be to set the wrath of the mainlanders against ye. The lord you served be dead and there be none loyal to his reign in all of Dragonar. Ye can’t defend something that be destroyed.”

“That may be, Traitor, but I did not swear fealty to thee. I will have no part in this regime of yours. Make it known throughout your lands that the Dragon Isles have seceded. And as for the wrath of the mainlanders, if you so much as draw breath above my waters I will call down a storm so vile it will change the way you imagine hells fury. Now go.” Drock said, raising the transport gliph. “Revel in your treachery.”

But Ajaxx shook his head. “No Drock, treachery cannot be achieved with monsters.”

Drock said nothing, but as Ajaxx watched, his fiery eyes melted away and the Dragon Master was back in his stateroom, sword, armor and all.
~
Caimlin passed back and forth across the floor of Drock’s home. “What was taking him so long?”

Caimlin knew that he Dagonar in the middle of a war. How Ajaxx had managed to turn the whole country against Lord Void, he couldn’t figure. But by the way things looked, he had done it. As the new goveror of Baronis Dracis, the larger of the two Dragon Master islands, Caimlin had learned quickly that his position would not be so devoid of troubles as his first governing stint had been.
Already there was trouble at the border. News had arrived Fright Knight troops had been seen crossing the border. But before he even had time to look into this, Caimlin received a letter from a friend of his in Dragonar. The news had come as a great shock to him and when Drock didn’t answer his teleharm, he had resolved to cross the channel and speak with the sorcerer in person. Now he was waiting. Still waiting and nearly at the end of his wait. Two seconds later Drock appeared beside him, sopping wet and more in rage then when he had left.

“Caimlin!” He shouted. “I order you to secede, along with all Boranis Dracis from the allegiance formerly held with the land of Dragonar! You must obey me Caimlin! By law the governor of Boranis Dracis is subject to that of Monilious Dracis! So it has always been. So it is now! You must secede!”

Caimlin gulped. The lesser governor was almost doubled over backwards across Drock’s table, retreating form the crazed sorcerer bearing down on him from a stool. Drock’s beard was practically touching his chin.

“What…happened?” Caimlin barely breathed.

“Nothing.” The sorcerer growled, turning and throwing the transport gliph into the trunk with such force that the lid slammed shut behind it. “Nothing happened! That shifty son of a brick, Ajaxx has already done the damage. Void is dead.”

Caimlin went pale. The thought hadn’t even occurred to him yet. He couldn’t fathom why it hadn’t. Everything he knew about war and tactics told him that the conquerors would always kill the ruling king and all of his line. “No!” Caimlin shouted. “No it can’t be true.”

“It’s true Caimlin,” Drock slouched on his stool. “I checked it myself. Try sending a teleharm.”

Almost franticly Caimlin closed his eyes and sent the signal. Nothing. No answer. Even after a full minute of sending out.

The Dragon Master opened his eyes. “so it is true.”

Drock nodded. “Void was never really a friend of mine. He was more like Jarvick. We never really even talked. But…but he did me a great favor when I was turned to stone.” The sorcerer flexed his grey knuckles. “Ajaxx got a taste of these today. Alas, he deserved much more, but all that will make a difference now is our seceding.”

“Well you needn’t order me to secede, Drock. I have no other thought in my mind. We will stand against him, whatever the repercussions.”

“Repercussions.” Drock half scoffed half muttered. “Bring it on. I am itching to birth a tempest.”

The governors stayed in Drock’s house that night. Making plans and sending proclamations, but miles away, near the outskirts of the neverwood, a robed figure started a crude fire by focusing the failing sunlight through his monocle lens.

“Where’s that blasted dragon when you need him?” the man muttered darkly. “Ah well,” he thought. “At least the teleharms have stopped.” They wouldn’t catch him that easily. They wouldn’t catch Lord Void.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

K-14 Kinopokar

The two brothers talked very little on their way down to the main mess hall for the Elite Shadow Knights. It was not much different from the other caverns in which the impressive Shadow Cult armies ate. It was roughly rectangular, it had a high ceiling held up by a number of new age premolded pieces, designed by the brickmasons to hold up large castles without involving to many of those regular bricks used by the Shadow Cult’s enemies.

The two brothers excepted their barely ediable slop called lunch with a grimace. Pyriuss could just imagine what the main body of Shadow Knights ate. Him, Gyrioss and the rest of the men in here were elite knights and they ate garbage that no Classic cook would ever serve.

“If you go upstairs, the council members are probley eating food fit for the Emperor.” Growled Gyrioss as he unearthed a large chunk of rotting leather from his food.

Pyriuss laughed “I wouldn’t complain about it mate, remember what happened to Arthus? He sampled some of that regular slop and one of the shadow clerics had to come and revive him.”

Gyrioss snickered “I wonder what ever happened to him?”
“Who knows” replied Pyriuss “last I heard he went off with Ther-“

The two brothers stopped to listen to a nearby conversation between several other knights. “Didn’t you hear about it Darlic? A group of Morcians stumbled upon one of our coastal bases.”

The knight named Darlic looked up “So? The tyco jelly bellies have been hounding us for generations.”

The other knight scowled “Yeah that’s true, but recently, King Mathias is taking it up an notch. Apparently several of the jelly bean’s higher ranking knights went missing over up north. I heareded it by mistake from Vladek, he says the incident was traced to Vermicus’s lot.” Gyrioss took real interest in that.

“Bah, he’ll get his in the end.” Replied Darlic simply. “Still, it was real nice of the jelly bellies to attack us instead of them.”
Whatever else the two brothers could have gotten out of the conversation was lost. Three high ranking Shadow Knights in the garb of the elite bodyguards of the Shadow Council stepped into the hall. It must have been pretty important.

One of them stepped forward to speak to the two brother’s table. “Is the minifig Sir Pyriuss present?”

Pyriuss looked at Gyrioss, “here.” He stammered.

“Come with us” Said the Shadow Knight, before Pyriuss could open his mouth, the three had set off down the hall.

“Catch you later then!” Yelled Gyrioss.

“See ya later then bro!” He shouted back.

“That was odd…” Said Gyrioss to a knight sitting next to him. That buisness with Vermicus had gotten to him. Silently he got up and exited the hall…
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

The Green Knight wrote:Drock said nothing, but as Ajaxx watched, his fiery eyes melted away and the Dragon Master was back in his stateroom, sword, armor and all.
Grid: G-11

“Ajaxx!”

Japheth rushed forward and grasped Ajaxx, dragging him to a chair.

“What the tyco happened?” demanded Japheth, grapping for a cask of wine. He yanked the cork out and pressed the cask upon Ajaxx. Ajaxx pushed it away.

“This be least place and time I want to be intoxicated.” snapped Ajaxx, scrubbing his rough palm over his face. He spat out the window. His spittle was crimson.

“What happened?” Japheth pressed.

“A miscalculation.” said Ajaxx.

“What?”

“A pawn slipped past my ranks.” said Ajaxx, “While my was fixed on Void, I be forgetting one thing: the Dracids.”

‘Dracids’ was the name used when talking about Borianis Dracis and Monolinus Dracis together.

Japheth’s brow furrowed.

“Our homeland?”

“Aye, our homeland.” sighed Ajaxx, “I was so set on purging the mainland that I left the Dracids to fester. Tyco!”

Japheth waited.

“Governor Drock has incited a rebellion. Together with Governor Caimlin, the Dracids are seceding for the Dragonar Empire.”

There was a long silence. Japheth took a swig from the cask.

“So…what are ye going to do about it?”

Ajaxx sat up.

“Nothing.”

Japheth stared.

“Nothing?”

“Nothing.”

Ajaxx looked at Japheth, an odd glint in his eye.

“Nothing…at least not for now.”
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: K-12
Location: The LEGOland/Fright Knight border, on the edge of Dracul province...
Formendacil wrote:"Prepare to advance," said Jayko, thinking as fast as he could. "We're going to strike at their left flank, where their command seems to be centred. We'll hit them hard and then circle to rear, and try and get the rest of the Cavaliers to follow us out. Follow my lead."

And, as a good leader should, Jayko led the way back into battle.
A good leader Jayko may or may not have been, but he was no brilliant tactitian. His strike to the enemy's left flank went well enough, perhaps, but he lingered too long and lost too many men.

They then circled around, and signalled at the remnants of E'terriole's command, to get the tyco back, and join them. A few soldiers attempted it, but more had been forcibly dismounted, or wounded, or simply cut off too far. Jayko took a silent headcount as the last of the escaping Cadets joined his command.

"Forty-two, forty-three," he counted, as the last Cadet rode up. It was Arthur.

"Okay, Jayko old mate, what the blimey do we do now?" he asked. "Those blinking Fright Knights really outnumber us, they're regathering, AND they're cutting us off from the road home. And I really don't fancy staying in this blasted country."

"Er... why don't you come up with some ideas?" asked Jayko. "I'm kind of going braindead. It was hard enough just coming up with some sort of strategy after E'terriole disappeared, and you guys didn't withdraw according to procedure."

"You're the superior officer, mate," said Arthur.

"I was promoted five minutes earlier!" protested Jayko, "and only because Falconensis comes before Vitore alphabetically."

"Procedure is procedure," said Arthur, stiffly. "Meanwhile, a plan would a good idea, because those Fright Knights are starting to advance on us."

"Um... well, I guess we'll last longer in formation," said Jayko. "And since we appear to be out of Cadet-Sergeants, I think you'll have to order the men to fall in."

"Righty-oh!" said Arthur. "Cavalier Cadets! Fall in to battle position! Lances at ready!"

"Um..." said Jayko. "Actually, I've got a better idea. I want everyone to scatter, and run like megabloks around the enemy lines. Most of us should be able to get by, as long as we don't pose a threat."

"Care to take odds on that?" asked Arthur, as he turned to the soldiers. "Cavalier Cadets! Disperse in random patterns! Withdraw in groups of one with full speed to the LEGOland border. Rendevous at Captain-Major Battista's station at 0200 hours tomorrow. Go!"

"Was that really necessary?" asked Jayko.

"The technical lingo sounds a lot better-planned than 'run like heck'" said Arthur. "Which, by the way, we should probably get started on."

Together, Arthur and Jayko spurred their horses into action, galloping shamelessly away from the battlefield, on an angle away from the Fright Knight's left, in the direction of the bluff from which the attack had first come.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Grid: L-12

theOrk wrote:Valric was clad in his armour, his wound was bandaged and looked normal. “I’m tired of that bed and I’m tired of this village. Once we get these blighters” he hefted his glowing sword, “we’ll get those bloody vampires and go home!”

“Now there’s a plan!” Laughed Theodore as he drew his own sword.
Ioan, Radu and Mircea stood on the other side of Castle Dracul. Ioan and Radu had hid a few miles away the last week but now it was time to dosomething about this. Mircea had also went into hiding, he had noticed that he did strange things and after a few days he had understood how much control Laurentiu had over him.

He crouched behind a small hut and closed his eyes. A voice pounded in his eyes and he had a splitting headache. A faint laughter was heard, he recognised it as Laurentiu.

He struggled and focused, the pain was getting overwhelming. He fought, he tried to keep control, he hit the hut with his hard fists and tried to put up his mental defences. And then suddenly he punched right through the wall and found himself in a tiny bedroom.

Two frightened minifigs stared up at him and screamed. He lost control, they were nothing but cattle. Everything went red... the blood... he ripped their bodies to pieces.

A voice laughed inside his head again as he sat down in the carnage that was once a bedroom. The laughter was worse than ever.

"Why do you still struggle, Dragon? There´s no point."

It was definitely Laurentiu´s voice. Mircea shrugged and growled.

"Leave me, monster."

The laughter was even worse. "Why would I leave a pawn as you, Dragon? You don´t really understand how important you are."

He laughed yet another time and Mircea felt himself losing consciousness. He heard slight whispers, it was Laurentiu´s voice. It came closer and closer.

He lost control over his body and saw everything through a red mist. His body moved. He opened his mouth and laughed. It was Laurentiu´s laughter...

Once again Mircea was possessed by Laurentiu and now he was standing beside Ioan, gazing at the twisted form of Castle Dracul.

"The time has come, my dear brother. We will rule again", Laurentiu said in a confident voice. Then he raised his arms and called out with an overwhelming voice that echoed like thunder leagues away.

"By the holy names of Earth and Sky, and by the holy Waters of Life and Death I, Laurentiu Strigulea, the seventh son and first progeny of Striga the Damned command you to hear my words! Spirits of Earth and Fire, heed my call!"

Faint whispers began to sound around Laurentiu. Both his wrists were ripped open without no visible effort and Mircea´s blood flowed from the open wounds. Laurentiu smiled and closed his eyes. Then he let out an incredibly loud roar and stomped the ground.

A huge ditch erupted all around the castle and a wall of magma shot out of it and formed a 20 feet high flaming wall around the castle. Then the ground began to shake and the castle began to swing slightly. The ancient stones creaked and debris began to fall.

Laurentiu lowered his arms and smiled at Ioan.

"Our work for today is done, brother. Now we shall retire and see what has happened by dusk."

The three strigoi slowly walked away towards a hidden cave as the morninglight illuminated the crumbling Castle Dracul.

Grid: O-18

The inside of the Barrow was black and calm. The air hadn´t moved for days and everything was silent. But tonight something entered the Barrow. Slow and careful footsteps were heard. A Batlord completely clad in black armour entered. His body was shivering but his eyes shone with a deadly gleam. There was a low hiss from the darkness. The Batlord nodded gently and gazed into the darkness. The eyes began to glow in a strange red colour. The Batlord smiled.

"Ah, there you are, milady. I´ve heard much about you." The voice was confident and strong but it sounded like a young man. It didn´t fit with the aged appearance and sickly pale face of the Batlord.

She hissed again, louder this time.

"Your shadow darkens all, milady, I think I´m supposed to say... is that correct?" The voice wasn´t shaking, it was perfectly calm. Far to calm.

For the first time in many long and silent years She was surprised. But nothing would upset Her, She just became a little bit curious. A feeling She hadn´t felt for ages. Her voice, low and dry sounded:

"Laurentiu Strigulea I presume."

The Batlord chuckled.

"Ah, of course you expected me. My years as a strigoi have made me underestimate other lower beings."

She hissed again, it sounded like an angry snake. But the Batlord just chuckled again.

"Feel free to slay this host, milady. You could consider him a gift from me to you. But just leave me enough time to finish our conversation."

If the She-of-the-Barrow would ever smile this was a smile. It was faint and only lasted for a short moment.

"Speak, strigoi", she demanded.

"I believe you are aware of us, milady. The fact that we are seven, and that two of us have awoken."

"Of course."

He smiled again. "We were the stuff of nightmares when you were born, weren´t we? Long past myths of a dark and terrible age used to scare small children."

She hissed menacingly. Who could this be? With powers to read her mind.

"Enough talking of the past, milady. We should talk about the future. I have an offer for you."

"Speak."

"I would gladly call you my liege and swear oaths of fealty to you. And I assure you that my brothers would do the same."

"Continue."

"Who appears to hold the power doesn´t matter to me, milady, as long as I hold the power I want."

"And what do you want, strigoi?"

"Give me and my brothers right to rule over our domains. And that would also mean to give Castle Dracul to Ioan."

"Very well..."

"If you do that, and leave us to our business, we will help you when you need us. If you are lucky..."

The hiss was stronger this time and She closed in on the Batlord.

Laurentiu chuckled dryly. "You truly hate me, don´t you? But you also know that you can not afford to turn me down."

The hiss continued to grow stronger.

"So, what say you, milady?"

"Your domains are yours, and you are my vassals."

The Batlord bowed. "Very good, milady. It has been a pleasure to speak to you. You shadow darkens all."

He chuckled and then suddenly the body of the Batlord became silent and the eyes stopped glowing red. Instead the panicked eyes of Zaharia stared right into the darkness.

"Whe...where..."

There was a loud hiss and then his dead body hit the ground with a low thud. Then there was nothing but silence in the Barrow.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

TheOrk wrote:“That was odd…” Said Gyrioss to a knight sitting next to him. That buisness with Vermicus had gotten to him. Silently he got up and exited the hall…
Grid: K-14

Gyrioss exited the loud, active mess hall and snuck down one of the tunnels, which in comparison was dark and dingy, where the shadows concealed stairways and holes that one could easily fall down. However, Gyrioss knew all these ways by heart, and was soon back in his room. As soon as he had entered the tiny chamber, he shut the door carefully, took off his cloak, and then pulled something covered in cloth out from beneath his bed.

Gyrioss had always cared about his twin brother, Pyriuss. Pyriuss was the closest and most important thing in Gyrioss's life, ever since that awful day, many years ago, when their family's home was burned down by raiders. Since then, he and his brother were inseparable in every way.

That was why he was hoping that Pyriuss would see sense and agree to Gyrioss's idea.

Slowly, he pulled the cloth off, to reveal a dark orb, shimmering darkly in the torchlight. Gyrioss felt a tremor of both fear and excitement rippling through his body as he stared, mesmerized, deep into the crystal's depths.

Suddenly, the orb lit up, and an image appeared inside the crystal.

Gyrioss gasped as he saw the Dark Fortress, deep within the barrens of Ankoria, where a great and terrible tower called the Karond Kar stood, with hundreds of creatures, some humans, some Orcs, swarming about it, rebuilding the broken walls and towers that guarded the tower. The image looked tiny in the orb, but Gyrioss knew that the Dark Fortress was massive in reality.

Then the view zoomed in towards the top of the tower, where an awful sight greeted Gyrioss. The grey, ruined face of Vermicus, the Great Sorcerer of the Dark Fortress and Ankoria appeared before him.

Gyrioss winced at how ugly and awful the face was, but swallowed his fear and spoke.

"Greetings, great master! I, Gyrioss son of Kyrious, speak," he muttered.

Vermicus's voice was hard and grating, torn from years of suffering and evil. "Good. Have you persuaded your brother to join with us yet? Can we now get into Kinopokar? It will take the power of two Shadow Knights to open the doors below, remember."

Gyrioss gulped, shivering. "I...I haven't told him yet. I-"

Vermicus's face flashed with rage, and his eyes turned blood red.

"That Rub n'Buff armour is vital! The Orcs need it. Just a few days ago, a few Jelly Beans, a couple of Ninja zealots and a Wizard slaughtered three dozen Orcs easily! I...need you and your brother to open that doorway for my hunters to get in and take a sample of the metal!"

Gyrioss barely managed to croak out some words.

"My apologies, great master. But know that I am close to convincing him to leave the Cult of Shadows. Then he'll follow me straight to your side, and we can supply you with that armour. Just give me a few days...please."

"Fine!" Vermicus growled. "Just make it quick. Because I have no time for foolishness. One year ago today, BloodVaine the Braindead was slain, due to a lot of foolishness on his part. I will not make the same mistake. And neither will you. Now, you have work to do!"

And with that, the image in the orb vanished in a puff of smoke, and suddenly the room became silent and still, as it was before.

Gyrioss sighed heavily. He was exhausted.