Classic Castle Roleplay Planning: October 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
The Green Knight
Reeve

Classic Castle Roleplay Planning: October 2005

Post by The Green Knight »

Questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted here. Additions to the continuing epic should be posted in this thread.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Maedhros wrote:
TheOrk wrote:Just one other thing, I'm not a mod or an admin, but arn't we all supposed to wait for someone to make an October thread before posting?
Oh, never thought about that. I didn´t even know that it was October
Well... there was this one month, about ten, eleven months ago, when three consecutive RPers all posted on a past-the-due-date thread: Formendacil, the Green Knight, and Lord of the LEGO.

Then Formendacil noticed what had happened...

T'was most shameful...

*And yes, it's a true story.

By the way, congratulations, Micah, on your first CCRP official thread opening! :D 8)
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Sir Drake> Did you ever get the pm I sent you?
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

The Green Knight wrote:Ok I guess Nate and Mike are busy today. I got this one guys :wink:

Hehehehehe. Nice! :D

To everyone: I'm still writing this from the Mac, and so characters will remain out of date for now. Sorry! :?
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Maedhros wrote:Sir Drake> Did you ever get the pm I sent you?
Yes, I did, in matter of fact... I'm just very busy at the moment and I think I won't be able to post much, so you know what to do :wink: . I have lots of schoolwork and I almost failed for half of my tests so this is my apoligize :( .
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

OK, fine. Good luck with school ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Maedhros wrote:OK, fine. Good luck with school ;)
You can always use him if you want, it's fine with me :wink: .
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Cool, thanks *Bows deeply* Domo Arigato Gozaimashita!
- Augustinus Hipponensis
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Hey guys, I think I want to become active again. Were do you think a good place to come in would be? :?

*Reading the "Epics"*
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

jamitjames wrote:Hey guys, I think I want to become active again. Were do you think a good place to come in would be? :?

*Reading the "Epics"*
Well, assuming that you are sticking with your old character of Jainess, then she is currently somewhere in the reconstituted Bull Kingdom, or with the Bulls remaining on Bull Isle. It's your choice as to which.

As for creating a new character, you have all of Dametreos to choose from. If you were to ask for my blunt opinion, I'd say start off in the Black Knight or Crusader lands, since those lands are in sorry need of a story at the moment.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I was planning on doing something in the Crusader lands. But I may instead start something with TheOrk. I guess we will see. :)

Edit: What are the guide lines for someone forming their own faction on a undiscovered/unclaimed Island?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

jamitjames wrote:Edit: What are the guide lines for someone forming their own faction on a undiscovered/unclaimed Island?
Sorry Jamit, I didn't see this Edit before.

As regards forming your own faction, this is prohibited quite strongly. Forming your own guilds, provinces, orders, or whatnot in an existing kingdom is allowed, but forming a new faction is not. Only those factions that appear in official LEGO are permitted- and with the recent inclusion of the Vikings, they all exist now.

As for undiscovered/unclaimed islands, we are really frowning on that. There are enough existing lands out there that no landmasses of a decent size are really being looked at favourably. Certainly, it is possible to create a small (think less than a kilometer wide) that would be too small to appear on the map, but anything that's about, say 1/16 of a gridsquare, is definitely too large. Again, it isn't expressly prohibited, but Nathan has been frowning on additional landmasses to the existing ones. I highly recommend not asking for one.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I know of your computer problems Nate so you don´t need to hurry but I just want to have these characters confirmed.

Name: Kukishinden Toratsugu Sensei
Background: He´s getting old but most people who see him would think that he´s 20 years younger. And his age has yet to affect him negatively. It is a great honour to be trained by him and he has guided many a shinobi including the famous captain Hidemitsu.
Faction: Ninja
Place in Hierarchy: Soke (Grandmaster) of the Kukishinden School
Equipment: He usually fights with a six-foot staff
Class: Minor Character

Name: Shindenfudo Masamitsu Sensei
Background: He´s the Master of the Shindenfudo School and is a famous warrior throughout that clan. he is incredibly strong and hardened through many battles with samurai and daimyo.
Place in Hierarchy: Soke (Grandmaster) of the Shindenfudo School
Equipment: He mostly uses long or heavy weapons such as naginata, yari (spear) and great axe

Name: Gyokushin Takekage
Background: Takekage is a very skilled spy of the Gyokushin clan. The whole clan specializes in espionage but no one rivals the skill of his.
Place in Hierarchy: None
Equipment: Shuko (A sort of claws to aid in fighting and climbing)

- Augustinus Hipponensis
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

Formendacil wrote:Sorry Jamit, I didn't see this Edit before.
No problem. And thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking about getting a ship and going into the unknown, but it does not look like that can happen, correct?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

jamitjames wrote:No problem. And thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking about getting a ship and going into the unknown, but it does not look like that can happen, correct?
Short answer: You're right, that can't happen.

Long answer: As long as you stay within the Roleplay Grid, you can SEARCH for the unknown (but unless its pretty small, you're not likely to find it), but if you move off the Grid, your posts will likely be removed, as you've left the Roleplay.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~