Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: November 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: November 2005

Post by Formendacil »

Greetings Roleplayers!

Questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted here. Additions to the continuing epic should be posted in this thread.

Let the adventure continue!

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

I just wanted to say sorry that I have not been RPing. School has been very busy.
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

viewtopic.php?p=74441#74441

I apologize if I have flagrantly disobeyed the MNPC rules. I just needed for the character to have a bit of closure.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Devari wrote:viewtopic.php?p=74441#74441

I apologize if I have flagrantly disobeyed the MNPC rules. I just needed for the character to have a bit of closure.
Nope. No flagrant violation.

Willem Blackcloak remains your character insofar as his personal matters go. The only things that the MNPC rule forbids is matters such as war that lead to major, faction-wide upheavals.

Your post had no such problems, and is hereby pronounced clean. More than clean, it was a great post.

There is a minor matter, which I'm going to take care of... In your post you state that Daggerfall has been abandoned. This cannot be the case, since prior posts, including the recent ones concerning Hans, Adrian, and Cate by myself and Nathan clearly indicate it's continued existence.

Here's the way you had it written:
Devari wrote:Willem Blackcloak, leader of all the Wolfpack, slowly turned his dagger over in his hand. He was sitting in his rooms in the Sharpfang Citadel, the new capital of the Wolfpack. Too much blood had been spilt in Daggerfall Spire, and too much evil still lurked there. Demonic forces had left their mark. One day, perhaps, Willem would lead the Wolfpack back to their ancestral capital and reclaim it. But that day was not yet near. As much as could be had been salvaged from Daggerfall. The city sat, disused and derelict.
Here's how I have changed it:
Willem Blackcloak, leader of all the Wolfpack, slowly turned his dagger over in his hand. He was sitting in his rooms in the Daggerfall Spire, still the capital of the Wolfpack. Too much blood had been spilt in Daggerfall Spire, and too much evil still lurked there, some said. Demonic forces had left their mark. One day, perhaps, Willem would lead the skittish Wolfpack back to their capital and reclaim it. But that day was not yet near. As many as could be convinced had been returned to Daggerfall. But much of the city still sat disused and derelict.
If you have an issue with the reworked passage, by all means air it here and we'll try to work it out to everyone's satisfaction. In the meantime, my edit will be the official RP version.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Heh, no problem. Thanks for reworking it!

:)
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Devari wrote:Heh, no problem. Thanks for reworking it!

:)
No problem, that's what us pushy Mod-types are for. :D
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Okay, I need to register a couple of characters that I've already done a chunk with, but whom I have yet to register...

Name: Edmond Tendarl
Background: The Baron of Emberlain, Edmond Tendarl was born, raised, and has spent his adult life in Emberlain Castle, and the area around Fendor's Field, excepting a few trips to Kingston or the Royal Knight mainland.
Faction: Royal Knights
Place In Hierarchy: Baron
Equipment: Sword, shield, armour. All that noble weaponry stuff.
Other: Edmond Tendarl is a very chivalrous man- devoted to his honour and the code of chivalry. Some see this as foolish, others see it as noble.
Looks: Typically middle-aged. Well-built, and slightly paunchy.
Class: Minor Character

Name: Estella Tendarl
Background: Born and raised in Emberlain Castle, Estella is the only child of Baron Edmund Tendarl of the Emberlain Barony, an inheritance that must someday fall to Estella or her offspring.
Place In Hierarchy: Heiress
Other: Estella, like her father, is highly devoted to the ideals of honour and chivalry. Her devotion to her duty as a lady is unimpeachable.
Looks: Very pretty, with dark hair and a fine figure. On the slender side.
Class: Minor Character

Now, for a complicated list of changes in Character Status:

Broadside, Quorandis, and Elwen should all be changed to MINOR Character status.

Hans, Cate, and Melkan should be upgraded to SECONDARY Character status.

Okay, I guess that's not such a complicated list... :P
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Alright, mine and Mike's pages have been updated:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... eLEGO.html

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... dacil.html

Be sure to check out my new villian! :twisted:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

All right...

I wasn't planning on this until just now, but I realised that I could really use a Viking... and so, voila, here I have:

Name: Thorgeir Hakónsson
Background: A captain of a Viking vessel that was swept up with the other Vikings taken to Dametreos, Thorgeir welded together the remnants of three crews, saved a longship, and proclaimed himself Jarl of the newly-formed clan, the Briksnarri.
Faction: Vikings
Place In Hierarchy: Jarl
Equipment: Battle-axe, shield, helm, and chainmail.
Other: A hard Viking to begin with, the terrible experience of being driven beyond any lands known to him, and the stresses of having to save his men and their morales have made Thorgeir a very hard man indeed.
Looks: A well-built, fairly tall man, bearded and scowling.
Class: Secondary Character

Well, that's it for now, but I can't even say that I should be done for a fair while, because soon enough I'm going to have another major character to register...

Woe is me! :D
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:Well, that's it for now, but I can't even say that I should be done for a fair while, because soon enough I'm going to have another major character to register...
Heheheh...I'm so guilty of the same. Anyway, your character page has been updated:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... dacil.html
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

A new character! I'm gonna have some fun with this guy...

Name: Sir Callomir Brakanale (or just 'Cal' for short)
Background: Born to a moderately rich family in Leonville, Callomir was obsessed with old tales of charismatic knights battling monsters, and so became a knight at the youngest possible age, despite his father's disapproval of a military lifestyle. However, he completely missed the BloodVaine Epic, and with it his chance of glory, though he did see some action in Kjeld's retaking of the land from the Black Falcons, fighting alongside the prince, (now king) Lego. Callomir expected high honours, but instead he was 'promoted' to patrolling a dull beach on the coast of the mainland, in charge of a small garrison of soldiers. However, the young warrior still continues to dream of adventure, and now that the Vikings have begun raiding the coastal villages, Callomir is more than willing to fight back.
Place In Hierarchy: Knight
Equipment: Longsword, Royal Knight shield, standard lance and armour
Other: Callomir suffers from bad luck. He was away on Lion Island during the BloodVaine Epic, and so missed all the fighting. He was late for King Kjeld's coronation by one day. During the Ball at Orion, he lost his invitation. Behind his back, some say that he gives the Royal Knights a bad name. However, Callomir does his best to live up to his rank as a knight, and hopes that he will have another chance at fame. He is also a freind of the ranger Gaeth Aldelm.
Class: Main Character

- Matt
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Just a note there, for future reference, Sir Kohran, when referring the island of Sir Hal's birth, it is "Lion Island" not "Lion's Isle".
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Formendacil wrote:Just a note there, for future reference, Sir Kohran, when referring the island of Sir Hal's birth, it is "Lion Island" not "Lion's Isle".
My apologies... :oops: It's been corrected now.

- Matt
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Kohran wrote:
Formendacil wrote:Just a note there, for future reference, Sir Kohran, when referring the island of Sir Hal's birth, it is "Lion Island" not "Lion's Isle".
My apologies... :oops: It's been corrected now.

- Matt
No problem. Thanks for fixing.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I haven´t posted lately because of a fairly tumultous private life but I still read and I just have a question for the Ork:

Did you miss this post perchance?
Grid: L-12
theOrk wrote:
Valric was clad in his armour, his wound was bandaged and looked normal. “I’m tired of that bed and I’m tired of this village. Once we get these blighters” he hefted his glowing sword, “we’ll get those bloody vampires and go home!”

“Now there’s a plan!” Laughed Theodore as he drew his own sword.

Ioan, Radu and Mircea stood on the other side of Castle Dracul. Ioan and Radu had hid a few miles away the last week but now it was time to dosomething about this. Mircea had also went into hiding, he had noticed that he did strange things and after a few days he had understood how much control Laurentiu had over him.

He crouched behind a small hut and closed his eyes. A voice pounded in his eyes and he had a splitting headache. A faint laughter was heard, he recognised it as Laurentiu.

He struggled and focused, the pain was getting overwhelming. He fought, he tried to keep control, he hit the hut with his hard fists and tried to put up his mental defences. And then suddenly he punched right through the wall and found himself in a tiny bedroom.

Two frightened minifigs stared up at him and screamed. He lost control, they were nothing but cattle. Everything went red... the blood... he ripped their bodies to pieces.

A voice laughed inside his head again as he sat down in the carnage that was once a bedroom. The laughter was worse than ever.

"Why do you still struggle, Dragon? There´s no point."

It was definitely Laurentiu´s voice. Mircea shrugged and growled.

"Leave me, monster."

The laughter was even worse. "Why would I leave a pawn as you, Dragon? You don´t really understand how important you are."

He laughed yet another time and Mircea felt himself losing consciousness. He heard slight whispers, it was Laurentiu´s voice. It came closer and closer.

He lost control over his body and saw everything through a red mist. His body moved. He opened his mouth and laughed. It was Laurentiu´s laughter...

Once again Mircea was possessed by Laurentiu and now he was standing beside Ioan, gazing at the twisted form of Castle Dracul.

"The time has come, my dear brother. We will rule again", Laurentiu said in a confident voice. Then he raised his arms and called out with an overwhelming voice that echoed like thunder leagues away.

"By the holy names of Earth and Sky, and by the holy Waters of Life and Death I, Laurentiu Strigulea, the seventh son and first progeny of Striga the Damned command you to hear my words! Spirits of Earth and Fire, heed my call!"

Faint whispers began to sound around Laurentiu. Both his wrists were ripped open without no visible effort and Mircea´s blood flowed from the open wounds. Laurentiu smiled and closed his eyes. Then he let out an incredibly loud roar and stomped the ground.

A huge ditch erupted all around the castle and a wall of magma shot out of it and formed a 20 feet high flaming wall around the castle. Then the ground began to shake and the castle began to swing slightly. The ancient stones creaked and debris began to fall.

Laurentiu lowered his arms and smiled at Ioan.

"Our work for today is done, brother. Now we shall retire and see what has happened by dusk."

The three strigoi slowly walked away towards a hidden cave as the morninglight illuminated the crumbling Castle Dracul.

Grid: O-18

The inside of the Barrow was black and calm. The air hadn´t moved for days and everything was silent. But tonight something entered the Barrow. Slow and careful footsteps were heard. A Batlord completely clad in black armour entered. His body was shivering but his eyes shone with a deadly gleam. There was a low hiss from the darkness. The Batlord nodded gently and gazed into the darkness. The eyes began to glow in a strange red colour. The Batlord smiled.

"Ah, there you are, milady. I´ve heard much about you." The voice was confident and strong but it sounded like a young man. It didn´t fit with the aged appearance and sickly pale face of the Batlord.

She hissed again, louder this time.

"Your shadow darkens all, milady, I think I´m supposed to say... is that correct?" The voice wasn´t shaking, it was perfectly calm. Far to calm.

For the first time in many long and silent years She was surprised. But nothing would upset Her, She just became a little bit curious. A feeling She hadn´t felt for ages. Her voice, low and dry sounded:

"Laurentiu Strigulea I presume."

The Batlord chuckled.

"Ah, of course you expected me. My years as a strigoi have made me underestimate other lower beings."

She hissed again, it sounded like an angry snake. But the Batlord just chuckled again.

"Feel free to slay this host, milady. You could consider him a gift from me to you. But just leave me enough time to finish our conversation."

If the She-of-the-Barrow would ever smile this was a smile. It was faint and only lasted for a short moment.

"Speak, strigoi", she demanded.

"I believe you are aware of us, milady. The fact that we are seven, and that two of us have awoken."

"Of course."

He smiled again. "We were the stuff of nightmares when you were born, weren´t we? Long past myths of a dark and terrible age used to scare small children."

She hissed menacingly. Who could this be? With powers to read her mind.

"Enough talking of the past, milady. We should talk about the future. I have an offer for you."

"Speak."

"I would gladly call you my liege and swear oaths of fealty to you. And I assure you that my brothers would do the same."

"Continue."

"Who appears to hold the power doesn´t matter to me, milady, as long as I hold the power I want."

"And what do you want, strigoi?"

"Give me and my brothers right to rule over our domains. And that would also mean to give Castle Dracul to Ioan."

"Very well..."

"If you do that, and leave us to our business, we will help you when you need us. If you are lucky..."

The hiss was stronger this time and She closed in on the Batlord.

Laurentiu chuckled dryly. "You truly hate me, don´t you? But you also know that you can not afford to turn me down."

The hiss continued to grow stronger.

"So, what say you, milady?"

"Your domains are yours, and you are my vassals."

The Batlord bowed. "Very good, milady. It has been a pleasure to speak to you. You shadow darkens all."

He chuckled and then suddenly the body of the Batlord became silent and the eyes stopped glowing red. Instead the panicked eyes of Zaharia stared right into the darkness.

"Whe...where..."

There was a loud hiss and then his dead body hit the ground with a low thud. Then there was nothing but silence in the Barrow.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis