Classic castle roleplay!

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Aros stared ahead.

"Megabloks you're right! That must be the Bat Lord's Castle!"

"...Or what's left of it..." Bjarn murmered, rubbing his chin. Suddenly he swung out of the basket and hung by one arm as he peered into the darkness.

"There's a group of people ahead...can't make out who they are yet..."

"Let's hope they aren't they are Fright Knights, they won't be very welcoming." Aros mused.

"Megabloks, there's over two score men down there!" Bjarn gasped, "Where the bloody megabloks did they come from??"

"Wait, that's Reno!" cried Aros, pointing.

"Aye, I see 'im and there's Drakko, Willem, Graygon and -- thank the brick! -- Barbod! 'ang on, we're going down."

Bjarn tugged on a rope the dragon began to decend. With a bump, the Windship hit the ground. Bjarn and Aros leaped out, grinning.

"Any dinner left?" asked Bjarn Willem with an grin.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
sith35
Freeman

Post by sith35 »

"As long as you like your dinner tough there is." Graygon said with a slight smile. Aros jumped back a bit at the sight of Faolan, "what is he doing here" he asked. As Aros finish Barbod informed him with a bit of disgust that" it was decided that it is better to keep him alive for now." "Well good to see you up and walking Barbod." Bjarn said, as he grabbed a hunk of meat from the fire.

As Bjarn settled in near the fire Graygon approached him, with Willem just behind him. "So now that we have a bit of time, I was wondering if the two of you might fill me in a bit on the past." Graygon said, with little emotion across his face. "Alright Graygon, we shall." Willem said, starting out with the bits from when his parents first fell in love. "Your parents hid their love for each other very well, your father worked for the prince, who is now the king of the falcons. Your mother was the daughter of that prince." "You can now see how the trouble all started." Willem said. "Yes, my mother already told me all this. But why was my father killed over this?" Graygon asked. "Well you know that your father was not of noble blood, and the once the prince found out about your parents courting he was to stop it at all costs." "The prince ordered the arrest of your father and signed the papers for his execution himself, and ordered the priest to remove the unholy child that was being carried within his daughter."

"That was when we came in." Bjarn said. "We had a number of loyal 'friends' within the ranks of the Falcons at the time. They informed us of what was happening." "We knew your father, and we could not let this happen. Under the cover of dark we were able to sneak in the castle. Everyone was out looking for your father so getting your mother out was easy, but we were seen. That is when the fighting broke out." Bjarn explained. "Your mother was rushed to the safety of the Wolfpack, there was so much fighting that they never even noticed that she was gone until the next day. Your father was helping in the fight, we did not even know it until he took an arrow in the leg. We tried to help him, but we were over run, there was too many Falcons to even get close to him." Willem said. "As we were being pushed back to Wolfpack territory the prince first hand killed your father, right on the battle field. The prince never gave your father a chance, and now he still rules with that same ruthlessness." Bjarn said. The sadness was coming across everyone's face, all who were listening. "Now the king's biggest fear is that you will attempt to avenge your father's death, and that is why we have held this from you for so long. But this may be the time to set things right, the time is near." Willem said.

Faolan just laughed, "The king will have you all killed, you all are nothing." Faolan said between his fits of laughter. Graygon approached the bound Faolan and brought his right hand across the face of Faolan, blood trickled down his jaw. "And you are how we are going to meet the king face to face." Graygon said with a smile as he walked back to the fire.
If it doesn't fit FORCE IT! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyways.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

"I was there.... When your father died. I was travelling at the time. I came and i was there a week prior to the battle. Learning the healings and rituals of the foresters. I came across the wolfpack, and learnt of the battle, and ultimatley joined in." Reno explained
Graygon slapped Faolan around the face "and you are how we are going to meet the king face to face." Graygon exclaimed. Bjarn was tucking into the meet, Aros sitting by his side. Willem was sitting on his own, apparantly juggling with his throwing daggers. Barbod and Drakko sat against a tree, Barbod telling Drakko about past storys, Drakko sitting in awe.

"this place gives me the creeps...." Reno said, as he looked at the smouldering castle. Reno walked over to the dragon. Blood trikled down his back. Reno looked into the dragons eyes, and touched the dragons wing.
"The boy is very talented..." Bjarn said to Barbod, who he was now sitting next to.
"Aye, hes a healer, a strong warrior, he has a way with animals, what will he do next?" Barbod whispered back.
"And i have highly tuned senses!" Reno shouted back. And he began to laugh. Asa did the group.
"We all have our talents Bjarn. All of us." Reno said as he pulled a phial out of his pack. It was clear and had nothing in it.
"I am taking a bit of your blood, i have got blood from the Dragons at Dragon Masters land. But i have not got any Fright Knight dragons blood..." reno muttered to himself. "I am just gonna experiment with it." And Reno let some blood pour into the phial. Reno then put that phial onto the floor, and picked out a small glass bottle, and poured it into the dragons wound. "That will stop the sting." Reno told the dragon, and he put the bottle back into his pack. reno then picked up the phial of the newly aqquired dragon blood, a pink tranparent mixture, and the blood from the dragons at Drago Master land, and he went to sit down on his own, and he poured the two mixtures into another phial, and mixed them. he put the two emty phials into his pack. "Ah.... Just as i expected!" and Reno put the mixture into his pack.
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
gcg
Villein

Post by gcg »

Faolan sat back, cursing himself. How could he have made such a foolish mistake? Any his trainers would have slain him if he made that mistake with them. He was not watching for any others, and that cost him dearly. Now he would have to kill them all. Any news of this humiliation spreading would ruin his reputation.
Of course, the assassin had not given the outcasts any information they did not already know, perfering to laugh maniacally, seeming mad. They couldn't hold him forever, sooner or later they would make a mistake, and that would cost them their lives.
Faolan had been trained from birth that any mistake would result in his death. That's where the outcasts made their mistake. Faolan had a plan.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Reno was pouring a bit of liquid onto a small leave. He was recording all his things in a small notepad.

Barbod was telling Drakko storys, when he had met a dwarven women, and much more. Drakko sat, listening.

Willem was playing around with the fire. He put one of his daggers tip into the fire, to make it hot. He then would get another of his daggers, and start to chizel the end of the now hot dagger, in order to make it sharper.

Graygon sat near Willem, and now and again he would mutter to himself -"ingenious" as he watched Willems work. Willem would look up, and just smirk.

Bjarn was making little traps, for cathing food and such to eat.

Reno sat down near Aros.
"So guys" Reno said to the group.
"What are you gonna do..... where are you gonna go.?" Reno asked
" Where are you gonna go?" barbod said with a smirk, Willem and Bjarn laughed.
"Me and Reno are gonna find the wizard, Daner Pluto. We are gonna learn about these pendants of ours..... what about you guys?" Aros quizzically asked.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Bjarn looked up from a tiny noose and glanced around the group before returning to his project. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I would like to see this villen put to justice." he nodded to the skulking assasin. "And then maybe..." Bjarn gingerly touched the place where his ear had been. "I might check out this Daner Pluto and see if he can fix my ear..."

Bjarn turned his gaze to Lord Barbod. "And where will you go off to, Barbod?"
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

"Bjarn, you should know. I'm going to do what I've been set do do since we started out little 'quest'. I'm going to get rid of that falcon king and take back whats mine."Said barbod, half smiling, "But iit will be a sad day when a group like ours breaks apart. A sad day indeed."
kaloo
Laborer

Post by kaloo »

Crusader Port: F3

Iotaro jogged quickly towards the Tideturner, which was ready to set off from port, and merely waiting for anyone else seeking a passage, who had money in thier pocket. The owner, Travis Turner, stood out on the bowsprit, watching for any last people seeking a ride to the Falcon shores. One hand stretched up, grasping a rope for balance, the other held an hourglass, nearly empty. As Iotaro neared the ship, he saw the Travis toss the hourglass spinning up and towards the ship, while letting go of the rope and sliding back towards the bow. A sailor caught the hourglass and quickly pulled the captain in, who then shouted "cast ohf de ropes, times awastin'!" Iotaro yelled out to wait, just as a sailor started to pull away the gangplank. Tossing his bag with his cat onboard, he grabbed his sheep and hopped up. Landing on the sailors foot, he exclaimed "oh, I'm sorry about that, but..."
The grizzled old sailor punched him in the face, interrupting his excuse. Iotaro, stood, unflinching. His trainer had done that every day, for the last seven years of his training to become a samurai guard. It had gotten to be as usual as stubbing his toe, and hurt almost as little. As the sailor wound up again, Iotaro kicked him in the stomach and sent him sprawling into the cabin wall. Travis was attracted not because of the fight, but because of the coins that had jingled in Iotaro's pocket.
"James, is dat how we treat our guests?" he asked the sailor.
"But Sir, he kicked me!" protested the man.
"You punched him."
"He landed on my toe!"
"You pulled up de gangplank so he couldn't walk"
"You said to get ready to leave"
"And your life was too short for me too have more time!"
This last comment made no sense at all, but it got the pushed the point right into James' face. You don't hurt customers.
Lollius has been placed by the side of the road so that all who pass may say 'hello Lollius' - Inscription on roman tomb
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Bjarn nodded at Barbod's wise words. "Aye, 'tis. But everyone must go their own way sometime or another. But -" Bjarn grinned, "I'm sure we'll meet up again soon."

They slept.

The next mornig, the misfits prepared to escape the isle. The first problem was the windship. It could only hold four people with enough supplies to last the the trip over to the mainland. There was much argument on who would go and who would stay until Willem put an end to it with his logic.

"Now look!" he shouted over the hubbub, "Stop all this nonsence. First, we all know Reno is good with dragons, right?"

The group murmered their assent.

Willem nodded "Then he should be the first person in the windship. Second, Reno is the only decent healer, so Barbod should go as well. Thridly, Aros has been on a windship of sorts, so he should go too. Lasty, Drakko should go because he is a skilled fighter and will be able to protect everyone else if trouble befalls them."

"But what about you, Graygon, Bjarn and the assasin?" asked Aros.

"We'll manage. The Original Knight's Kingdom is a little less unfriendly than those multi-colored Knights and we might be able to barter passage off this isle. If we don't kill that assasin before then we'll turn him over to the nearest dungeon."

Bjarn looked around at the saddened faces. "Willem is right. It is the logical thing to do."

The misfits agreed and Reno, Aros, Drakko and Barbod clambered into the windship. They all stared at each other, emotion choking their throats before Reno whispered a few words to the dragon. The windship lifted off immedietly and headed toward the ocean. The reamaining misfits (except the assasin) raised their hands in farewell before the windship vanished.

Graygon turned to Willem and Bjarn. "Well, let's go pay a visit to King Leo..."
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

The group stood in the rocking windship,
Reno muttered a few words to the dragon, and the dragon changed its course.
The group were looking down onto the misty sky. The sun was slowly falling, and it was beggining to get cold.
"Um..... Guys? I wish Bjarn came.... I think we could of used his bow right now...." Aros said as he looked far into the distance. A group of dragons, which were being whipped by fright knights were flying towards the windship.
"Mioro, the traitor." The leader said, he seemed to be talking to the dragon.
"What is your buissness in the lands of the fright knights!" the leader shouted.
"Wait! They are the outcasts that killed the Bat lord!!" the group of Fright knights gasped. And they drew there weapons.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

"I've never faught in the air before..." Barbod chuckled and elbowed Drakko, "Fly little Falcon! Fly and kill them!" Drakko laughed, though he knew it was not the time for joking. Barbod pulled a pike of the front of the air-ship. He hurled it like a spear, and hit one of the dragons in the neck, but it brushed it off like a misqueto.
"I hope this is a good dragon we have ourselves here. We are in for a rough flight, aye, a rough flight indeed." Barbod handed the second pike to drakko and readyed his spear. Bring it on Barbod thought, Bring it on
Daimyo
Squire

Part Two Chapter two

Post by Daimyo »

THE rickety windship, snadwiched between two squadrons of Fright Knights dragons, swerved around as turbulence mounted. Barbod and Drakko hurled javelins into the riders, skewering them and watching their bodies fall, limbs flailing about.
"They number too many," Drakko sighed. "And we're running out of spears!"
"We'll take these fools down to the place they came from!"
One of the dragons roared and spit a spew of flame onto the windship. The sail burst into fire.
"Megabloks! We're losing altitude!" cursed Aros.
"Keep her steady just a bit longer..." ordered Barbod.
Suddenly two small windships, both manned by two, caught wind and ascendied to the same level as the dragons. The sails caught back and bowmen on each side leaned over, felling two riders with their bows.
"What the- sky pirates?" cried Renos.
"No- their boats bear the sigil of Breck Silandro!" cried Drakko. "I told you that arrogant megablok would help us someday!"
"I don't know about helping us..." groaned Renos.
The two bowmen were pouring arrows into the tight mass of riders, until those surviving were too demoralized to stay. They retreated into the blue. The two sloops pulled alongside the windship and who but Breck Silandro landed on the rotting deck, boots thudding. He wore a breastplate and a blue tunic that bore the Falcon crest.
"By t'under, the bloody bugger is a Falcon now!" yelled Barbod.
"I guess your journeyed fared well then," said Drakko fiercely.
"You... you could say," beamed Breck cockily.
"Insane Falcon," cursed Barbod. Before they could pull him back he was on Breck, his sword to his throat.
"How much did he pay you? How much did the king pay you to come and kill me?!" he screamed.
"Kind of hard to answer... when you can't breathe." gasped Breck. Barbod let off his grip.
Drakko and the others circled menacingly around him.
"How many men did he give you? How large a sum did he grant for you to start this God forsaken war!" screamed Renos angrily.
Breck hesitated.
"I didn't come to kill any of you," he replied. "i came to ask a favor."
sith35
Freeman

Post by sith35 »

The journey to King Leo was going to be a fun one, between staying out of sight and trying to make sure that Faolan did not escape was not going to be an easy one. Willem took point, nothing got past him, his eye seamed to be able to see every direction. Graygon kept a short distance behind Faolan, who was trailing Willem. Bjarn was bring up the tail end of things, making sure no one was going to sneak up on them. There was little talk during the day, everyone kept silent to try and avoid bring any unwanted attention to them. That was until a group of Fright knights was patrolling near the misfits path. Everyone hid, Graygon grabbed Faolan and tied his feet up behind him "Now don't try and run off on us, we still need you." Graygon said with a whisper as he gaged Faolan. Everyone readied their weapons...
If it doesn't fit FORCE IT! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyways.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Reno looked around, the battered, and broken bodies of the Fright Knights lay there. The group were in a small clearing.
A firght knight, who had not been injured by his fall leaped at Aros, but he suffered a quick spear to his cheast, Barbod pulled his spear back out.
reno pulled out the combined dragon blood, and looked at it This WILL come in handy.... someday Renos thoughts were interupted by Drakkos voice
"Then what is your favour?!" Drakko shouted,
"Tell us, and be on your way, boy....." Barbod added as he stared at the man, who was named Breck.
"Yes, i will ask the favour then i will leave you in peace, but be reashurred, whenever there is danger, i will help....." Breck said
"Stop the superhero megablocks, and ask the question!" Reno shouted at Breck.
"Well...." Breck started
Last edited by the_great_one on Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Grid: M-18

Bjarn squinted at the lumbering Fright Knight troops. There appeared to be twelve soldiers and a leader in a bat helm. Most of the soldiers were grouped around an empty wagon with barred windows and hefted cumbersome halberds.

"That wagon will be useful..." murmered Graygon, eying the glaring Faolan.

"We can handle a dozen." said Willem, drawing his knives.

The Fright Knights stood no chance. Before any of them could react, Bjarn and Graygon leaped into the clearing, pinning half the troops agaist the cart with thier arrows. Willem entered the fray and felled the leader with a swift stab in the neck before gutting two other soldiers. The remaining four started to retreat, but received three arrows and a knife in the back. The battle was over before it had begun.

Bjarn, Willem and Graygon quickly changed into Fright Knight armor and threw Faolan into the prison cart. After hitching the slain leader's horse to the cart they enter the land of King Leo...