Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: January 2006

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Classic-Castle Roleplay Planning: January 2006

Post by Formendacil »

It's a New Year, People!

Character registrations, questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted here. Additions to the continuing epic should be posted in this thread.

Let the adventure continue!

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Let me start off the New Year by welcoming two new members into our RPing fold: E of Alshire and Luaedec Smaosol! It's pretty much just a matter of Nathan getting back from his New Year's Hangover, and you should be approved and ready to go...

In response to your question about customised figs, allow me to direct you to the official RP portrait of my flagship character, Sir Dractor...

As much because I like to hear myself type as for any other reason, allow me to declaim on the subject of our fig's looks for a few paragraphs...

In general, having a built-up fig with a pic is just a neat thing to have, since the Roleplay is very much a text-based story. Although told about characters that are visually expressed in LEGO, a quick glance at the Roleplay will show that we are writing about more-or-less real people and places, with our characters doing stuff that figs could never accomplish.

The LEGO-ness of it all comes in from the heraldry of the official factions, the inside jokes from AFOLdom, and the visual expression of the story.

The "visual expression", as I'm calling it, is rather rare and more of a treat to the RPers than anything else. And it is here that pics of figs and a standard way of making them come in handy. Most such examples will be found in our Illustrations thread. (Seen here.) In cases like this, when other people may be building your characters, it's nice to have a standard way of building them.

However, custom pieces can present a tiny bit of a challenge here, although they are accepted in the Roleplay. However, it is nice to provide an "official" way for someone to make your figs, when not willing/able to customize.

For example, anybody who built Sir Dractor using a plain, ordinary black dragon helm, ordinary dark grey samurai armour, a silver chrome broadsword, and any triangular shield turned to hide the heraldry would be making an official, illustrations-acceptable fig, in my opinion.

To sum up: there is no rule, as yet, barring or governing custom figs in the RP. As a text story, one is hardly needed. So go ahead and enter your cut up, diced, glued, stickered, salted and peppered figs. We want your stories!

TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

To start off the new year, I've got a new character!

Name Throg
Age Unknown
Background Throg is one of Lord Vermicus’s higher ranking officers. He’s spent his whole life like the rest of his kind. Wandering around in little bands, always looking for the next fight.
Faction Vermicus’s Army (Shadow Knights?)
Equipment Axe, green scalemail
Place in Hierarchy Captian
Other Information He’s an ORC
Looks Bigger and Uglier then the rest.(Gameorian Guard from StarWars)
Class Secondary

:mrgreen:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:It's pretty much just a matter of Nathan getting back from his New Year's Hangover, and you should be approved and ready to go...
Ahem....

I suppose the celebrating the new year in the dark during a rainstorm with no electricity counts as a hang over... :roll:

Rant over.

Anyway, welcome new members! I'll get your pages updated ASAP!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Alright, character and member pages have been updated:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... mbers.html

Welcome to the CCRP, Luaedec Smaosoll and E of Alshire!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Formendacil wrote:Japheth and Elbadar glanced at each other. Lord Void was planning on open war between the Isles and the Mainland, was he?
And just in case any of you Roleplayers are wondering the same thing, allow me to put your fears to rest. Myself, Nathan, and Micah are NOT planning a faction-wide war in Dragonar. Just a localised little conflict involving Lord Void, Caimlin, Ajaxx and a few others. The faction, by and large, will remain in its normal day-to-day life, and Ajaxx, the MNPC king, will remain king when it's all said and done.

Just thought I'd make it quite clear that we Mods are not breaking our own rules.
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Forgive me if I've missed something, but I've got two questions:
1) Where exactly is Dracus Ini
2) Who's Void put in charge of the Fire Breathing Fortress

Thanks!
Ethan
Luaedec Smaosoll
Gong Farmer

Post by Luaedec Smaosoll »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Alright, character and member pages have been updated:

Hmm... I don't see my page (or E of Alshire's). Is my computer being retarted, or what?
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Luaedec Smaosoll wrote:

Hmm... I don't see my page (or E of Alshire's). Is my computer being retarted, or what?
When I checked that link, it showed everything up to date. So I think the problem is on your end of things. :roll:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

TheOrk wrote:
Luaedec Smaosoll wrote:

When I checked that link, it showed everything up to date. So I think the problem is on your end of things. :roll:
Yes, I seem to recall that happening before. Perhaps it's a problem with your cookies or whatnot.

Anyway, experience says to try it again before doing anything else...
E of Alshire wrote:1) Where exactly is Dracus Ini
Grid H-11, in the mountains (the name of which I have temporarily misplaced) that seperate Dragonar from Ninjara. It's close enough to the Ninjarian side that Lord Void has easy access to the villages there, but probably still within Dragonar- which is a guess on my part, but the presence of DRAGON breeding grounds would seem to bear it out.

Let's just say right smack dab on the border...

Nathan can clarify, add to, or correct any of that...
E of Alshire wrote:2) Who's Void put in charge of the Fire Breathing Fortress
Captain Thorinsburg was Void's commander at the FBF, but he died during Ajaxx's takeover, and since the completion of the fortress it has been Ajaxx's headquarters, and thus under his personal command. With the "defection" of Japheth and the promotion of Oris Del Grakken, the highest ranking officer present would be Brigadier-General Oris Del Grakken.

Hope that helps!

Luaedec Smaosoll
Gong Farmer

Post by Luaedec Smaosoll »

Formendacil wrote:
TheOrk wrote:
Luaedec Smaosoll wrote: Hmm... I don't see my page (or E of Alshire's). Is my computer being retarted, or what?
Yes, I seem to recall that happening before. Perhaps it's a problem with your cookies or whatnot.

Anyway, experience says to try it again before doing anything else...
I've tried tons of times. How do I fix it?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Luaedec Smaosoll wrote:I've tried tons of times. How do I fix it?
Anything computer-unfamiliar to me is totally alien... I'm no computer expert by a long, long, and then some, shot.

All that I know is that they appear for me...

Perhaps someone more computerologically intelligent can suggest something.

In the meantime, take my word for it that you are up and approved- and start RPing!

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Calling Micah, calling the Green Knight....

Oh dear, have we got a continuity error on our hands....

Those were two rather awesome posts you just wrote, good sir, but I regret to inform you that you are, in fact, wrong in your assertion that one crystal ball needs another crystal ball to communicate.

Crystal balls of this sort, which I have been using a GREAT deal in my Vaekadaer plot, do not need another crystal ball to communicate. In fact, they allow someone to telaharm another person- without being trained to telaharm themselves. They simply add a visual to the end using the ball.

This came about because Vaekadaer has a sort of magical "anathema" quality to him. No magic of any sort works on him, but he consequently can't do the slightest bit of magic- not even a telaharm, which people like Elbadar, Targon, and Caimlin can do with barely a second thought.

So, in all the numerous conversations between Vaekadaer and Bartavlo, we have seen Vaekadaer telaharming Bartavlo and receiving his replies via the crystal- with Bartavlo simply doing what is for him an ordinary telaharm.

Since Lord Void's loss of the Mana, he's been in a similar situation to Vaekadaer, since a touch of connection to Mana is necessary to telaharm. That is why the possession of Japheth's crystal is so important to him, since it allows him, after a year of inability, to resume telaharming with his servants.

So, I guess your posts are going to need a touch of editing. And yes, I could have PMed this, but the rest of the RP needs to know what's going on as well- right guys?

Anyway, I look forward to undoubtedly awesome Mark II versions of your posts.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator, Protector of the Plot Continuity, Captain of the Guard, and General Egotist~
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Oh boy. Now this is hysterical. Really. And here I was worried about not fulfilling my weekly quotient of blatantly obvious mistakes. Well, I wasn’t really worried, but you know…

So what you’re saying is that a crystal ball is sort of like an adaptation that turns the normally walkie-talkie-like teleharm waves into a full color, high definition, magical projection on one side or the other, right?

And all this time I thought they were like web-cams.

Well forget that. This shouldn’t take too long to fix.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The Green Knight wrote:Oh boy. Now this is hysterical. Really. And here I was worried about not fulfilling my weekly quotient of blatantly obvious mistakes. Well, I wasn’t really worried, but you know…

So what you’re saying is that a crystal ball is sort of like an adaptation that turns the normally walkie-talkie-like teleharm waves into a full color, high definition, magical projection on one side or the other, right?

And all this time I thought they were like web-cams.

Well forget that. This shouldn’t take too long to fix.
Basically, that's right. It's a device for telaharming that handily comes with visual, for the receptive side.