Classic Castle Roleplay Planning: March- September 2006

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
The Green Knight
Reeve

Classic Castle Roleplay Planning: March- September 2006

Post by The Green Knight »

Character registrations, questions and comments regarding the CCRP should be posted here. Additions to the continuing epic should be posted in this thread.

Let the adventure continue!
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

My characters still stand.

um one question. It is rather hard to understand all that happens in an adventure if it is all seperated on the posts. For instance, Nathan could post something but then Ethan would after that and I just can't keep up with everything!

Could someone paraphrase what happened last month? I'm completely lost!
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

The Green Knight wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:Though it probably wasn't apparent, I was starting to get more into the RP again. Now, I am stopped before I even begin. I hope that some of us will still be able to continue onward. Even if we have no admin or mods to guild us.
Whoa, hold on there sparky! No one ever said that the Rp was shutting down. I believe Nathan said that:
I will still retain my position of Gaming Admin.
and I'm still here (for the moment). Just because some of us have found better ways to use our time and creative writing skills doesn't mean this place won't be here for those of you who are still into it.

Come on guys... Nathan, Michael, give me some backup here. The Rp doesn't need fifty people playing it to keep going, right?

You know what I say? I say we...
Let the adventure continue.
Quite right. The Roleplay is not dying. Matt, Dan, keep posting! Nev, I'm sorry this whole business has distracted me. I'll get your characters up ASAP.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The Green Knight wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:Though it probably wasn't apparent, I was starting to get more into the RP again. Now, I am stopped before I even begin. I hope that some of us will still be able to continue onward. Even if we have no admin or mods to guild us.

Whoa, hold on there sparky! No one ever said that the Rp was shutting down. I believe Nathan said that:
I will still retain my position of Gaming Admin.
and I'm still here (for the moment). Just because some of us have found better ways to use our time and creative writing skills doesn't mean this place won't be here for those of you who are still into it.

Come on guys... Nathan, Michael, give me some backup here. The Rp doesn't need fifty people playing it to keep going, right?

You know what I say? I say we...
Let the adventure continue.
Micah is correct in the essentials. Two Roleplayers are retiring (or possibly just going on sabbatical. I'm not ruling out the possibility of someday returning). The Roleplay is not dead. Yet.

Of course, I may have been rather pessimistic about the RP's chances in my "retirement" post, but the RP still has a pulse.

~Michael A. Joosten - Forum Moderator~
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well, I might have gone overboard a bit.............but the fact that two of the five regulars just signed off, and that they were the two most common posters, and that they were the admin and one of the mods kinda worried me. I guess I'll still try to continue, but I still will feel kinda wary about the health of the RP. Never fear though. I might have sounded rather pessimistic in that last post, but that didn't mean I was giving up.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Robin Hood wrote:Well, I might have gone overboard a bit.............but the fact that two of the five regulars just signed off, and that they were the two most common posters, and that they were the admin and one of the mods kinda worried me. I guess I'll still try to continue, but I still will feel kinda wary about the health of the RP. Never fear though. I might have sounded rather pessimistic in that last post, but that didn't mean I was giving up.

Dan :wink:
That's the spirit! Unless I suddenly lose all contact with the internet, I can promise that I will last for awhile yet.

Since I don't want to see the RP drop dead or turn into a vegetable, I think we should see to getting a semi-stable line for recruiting new members. I've seen more then enough other RP's around the net die out, but have a dozen willing people still around.

This is what happens when our February reinforcements don't stay. If you look back over the years, the bulk of the members all join up in February or close to it. :wink:
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

This is terrible! Nathan don't you go out on us too! The CCRP must keep going! After two years, dont let it go to waste!
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Hmm, well I guess I can't say that the Rp is in full health. Two pages of story has got to be the least we've ever seen. Still, I'm glad that not everyone is giving up

As for everyone who's off to better things for now...
Maedhros
Dillon
Michael
Nathan
You will all be missed. :cry:

And once more, just so we're clear-- The CCRP isn't dead yet. Check the sig.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

The CCRP isn't dead yet. Check the sig.
No...I don't think anyone intends to end the CCRP...we're just toning it down.

Let's face it, guys. The CCRP has seen it's best days, and we're not going to get back to those days. Most of us are just under too much stress to carry on as we are now. So instead of trying to inject false life into it, just let it go at it's own pace from now on, until someday, something changes, or this great roleplay quietly passes away, to be remembered by us forever.
As for everyone who's off to better things for now...
Maedhros
Dillon
Michael
Nathan
I'm not leaving, but I will retire somewhat, simply because the strain of real life is too tight to allow me to post every few days. Let's just say a post every few weeks, perhaps.

- Matt
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

The CCRP is coming back to life now that I'm in it! Rhanks so mkuch NAATHEN! I'm so excited I can't type.
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Well, my short-lived story was brutally decatapitated by Void's sudden leave of abscence - and that was really all I had up my sleeve. Like Nathan, I'm also in the process of writing a book, and looking into publishing options (albeit a long way off). Aelain, Traver, and yes, even my namesake Aethen will continue thier haphazard journey, but with such sporadic posting that it won't have as much interaction with any one character as I'd like.

I'm not dead; just slowing.

Ethan Fowler
a proud RP'er
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Lord Nev wrote:There was a table and sitting at it were three others. One was a woman. The other two were men. Ajaxx introduced Jegg's company to the three alreeady seated. Jegg bowed to Traver, Aethen, and Elain then took his seat.
Traver isn't at the table at this point. A minor nitpick, but important to the subsequent 'escape' post. Please edit Traver out of your post, Nev.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

I'll do that as soon as you edit yours. Why the heck are they blushing? :? Thay have no reason to blush. Nev is not guilty and Jegg isn't hiding anything. Explain to me that.
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

I just thought Jegg might be angry at being held captive by Ajaxx, but...

Edited.

-Ethan