Here's my first two. 8)

Name: Sir Doric Hanburt
Background: Sir Doric doesn’t reveal any of his past
Place in Hierarchy: Knight
Equipment: Full euro armour suit, axe
Looks: Tall, well muscled, neatly trimed brown beard
Class: Main

Name: King Birak the Damned
Background: For the past twenty years, Birak has been part of a huge band of bandits operating in the T’Ork mountain range. He has recently established himself as undisputed ruler over all of them.
Place in Hierarchy: Bandit King
Equipment: Half a euro armour suit, rectangular shield, broadsword
Looks: Big, hairy, scruffy
Class: Secondary

I also have more coming. :wink:
Last edited by TheOrk on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

This here is just my opinion (You should get clarification from the mod team) but it might be easier for everyone, if this is all written in the same format. Because it might get confusing if there's a scene involving a few players all using different writing styles e.g 3rd person ltd/3rd person omni/4th person/script ect...

Very good point there, I was actually wondering about that when I posted it, perhaps i'll fix it up a bit in a different style.

~Amanda
EDIT- ok, before I edit my post in the roleplay topic, I would like to know if this looks any better..

-Grid: Somewhere northwest of Wellestowne (I will upload the map later.)

The Red Bandit.

The head of the Haron Army, General Grimaldus Esmond, has just returned to the Haron Castle after meeting with King Kelbrick of Harstairn, Grimaldus proceeded to the castle to let King Leoric know of his arrival.

The King was sitting on his throne with a rather troubled look in his eyes, when General Grimaldus entered the room. “My lord, the meeting was a great success!” Said the general excitedly, “Wonderful..” Replied the King in a concerned voice. “Something troubles you, Sir?” The King then looked off in the distance and said, “A messenger arrived not too long ago. He had come from Faireslayde to inform me that the trade cart we sent out had not arrived, and was two days late..”

The general seemed a bit relieved, “I see, I shall dispatch a search party immediately M'Lord.” He replied. Leoric then looked at the general, giving the same, concerning look as before, “That will not be necessary General” He said. “..I don't understand.” Replied Grimaldus in a very confused voice. “On his was to our castle the messenger found the cart. Empty, surrounded by the bodies of our three guards!” Yelled the King in an angry tone of voice. Grimaldus was speechless for a moment, “...Who could have done such a thing!” He yelled out. “The messenger said that there have been a number of attacks like this, all done by one man who calls himself 'The Red Bandit'.” Leoric replied. Grimaldus suddenly looked angered, “impossible! There is no way one man could take out three of our guards on his own!” He yelled at Leoric.

“But alas, he has done so, you see, I know of this 'Red Bandit', it was just a few months ago when I was returning from Wellestowne that me and my men were ambushed by this man, luckily a man named 'Sashil' had warned him off. He then told me that this 'Red Bandit was the leader of the 'Cave Bandits', a group of bandits settled at the bottom of T'Ork mountains, to the west of Faireslayde.” Replied Leoric. Once again, the General was speechless for a little while, “I see.. Shall I arrange a group to set out towards there and find these bandits?” He replied. “Yes, but it is far too late tonight, please do so in the morning.” Replied the King in an orderly tone of voice. “Yes, Sir!” Grimaldus replied.

Grimaldus then left the castle and walked back to his home to get some rest, he found it hard to get to sleep, as he had been so eager to set out in the morning.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Hmm... Sooner or later I will end up in this RP whether I want to or not.... ;)

Anyway, I have a suggestion regarding nations or factions or whatever you want to call it; everytime someone creates a new faction of sorts he/she(/it) assigns a crest to that faction (official or custom). Otherwise we may end up having five different nations with the Royal Knight crest and a whole bunch of different counties with Santis´ crest etc.. I think you get the idea...
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Maedhros wrote: Anyway, I have a suggestion regarding nations or factions or whatever you want to call it; everytime someone creates a new faction of sorts he/she(/it) assigns a crest to that faction (official or custom). Otherwise we may end up having five different nations with the Royal Knight crest and a whole bunch of different counties with Santis´ crest etc.. I think you get the idea...
I know what you mean.

From the little I've seen so far, should the nations in this be like those in real rpgs? The BIG cities usually represent whole kingdoms with acouple smaller settlements in the same region. Just look at Wellestowne, the king and all the other major things in the kingdom are contained within one huge city and the region around it.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

I like the Idea of regions, maybe I could draw up/ edit the grid and assign regions to them, of coarse, then I would have to ask everyone which region their map is in.

As for the crests, yeah, I was planning on making a couple for any factions I create, it seemed like it would be a fun project.

~Amanda
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

TheOrk wrote:Just look at Wellestowne, the king and all the other major things in the kingdom are contained within one huge city and the region around it.
Well, not really. My cities of Glintown and Marpleton and my villages of Gord and Montegarde are supposed to be in the kingdom of King Forlego, and Marpleton is larger than Wellestowne. I don't know if Formendacil intended his kingdom to end in the T'Ork mountains, but I wanted to extend it, if I could.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well, after reading this thread for awhile, I finally have a bit of an urge to do something. With that urge came a question: does time in this RP run at the same speed (more or less) as the real world does? Like, one day here equals one day there and the seasons coincide, etc.

BTW, another good reason to save your RP posts on your computer is so that should anything happen to the website, you will still have a copy of your work.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I noticed that when you posted(Formandicel)You didn`t attach your sig, should we do that as well?
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

I think I may need another character..

Name: David Blockheart

Background: David grew up in the town of Faireslayde, he has always been an outlaw, never doing as he was told. At age 16 he ran away from his home. Ever since, Dave has been a traveler, wandering about the world of -Insert name here- in search of adventure.

Equipment: Knives, a battered old shield, and a small pouch, filled with small ammounts of gold and trinkets.
Looks: -Will upload picture soon.-
Other: David is known to be quite the trickster, not to mention a bit of a thief as well, but don't let his tricks fool you, he is a very kind and trustworthy friend- once you get to know him.
Class: Major
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Here's another new character too. 8)

Name: Clive
Background: Clive has been a sniveling lackey of King Birak for fifteen years.
Place in Hierarchy: Henchman
Equipment: Rags, dagger, spear, hat
Looks: Brown mustache, medium build
Class: Secondary
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

smcginnis wrote:Well, not really. My cities of Glintown and Marpleton and my villages of Gord and Montegarde are supposed to be in the kingdom of King Forlego, and Marpleton is larger than Wellestowne. I don't know if Formendacil intended his kingdom to end in the T'Ork mountains, but I wanted to extend it, if I could.

~smcginnis
Wellestowne's Kingdom was only intended to extend to the T'Ork Mountains, and about as far north and south as the original grid-square, but I'm fine with extending it. My intention was to make Wellestowne a small city-state kingdom, pretty much what the original grid-square showed. Perhaps your territory could be a seperate fiefdom, under a semi-independent Duke or Count, but which pays tribute to Wellestowne, and is nominally a part of the realm? Or you could make it completely seperate- but related historically and culturally (King Forlego's cousin or something could be king). Or something else.

There's a lot of possibilities.
ZIGGY! wrote:I noticed that when you posted(Formendacil)You didn`t attach your sig, should we do that as well?
It's a habit I've picked up from Roleplaying elsewhere (it's a rule there) and I think it's a good habit, since it keeps the sigs from getting in the way of the story... but I don't think it matters. If you want, I encourage it, but otherwise, I'm not going to enforce it.
Robin Hood wrote:Well, after reading this thread for awhile, I finally have a bit of an urge to do something. With that urge came a question: does time in this RP run at the same speed (more or less) as the real world does? Like, one day here equals one day there and the seasons coincide, etc.
Let's assume that it's something roughly like that (meaning if it's winter right now, it'd be winter in the Roleplay), same as before. But I'm definitely not going to get tough on it. The more people who just write as if time is passing (and the same as in real life), the less we'll need to make it an enforced rule.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Name: Grit
Looks:Strong slim build,dark eyes,black hair(will upload pic when dad is ready).
Background: Noone knows where Grit was born or who his parents were.All they do know is that he is an excellent theif,bandit,and spy.He teamed up with the Dwarf Sturm.If you need a tough job done they're the team to hire.

Equipment: Shortsword,knife,and a beltful of surprises.
Other: Grit is a cool collected and sharp guy.It won't be easy to get a cheap price of him.
Class: Secondary(maybe minor I don't really know how to classify guys.)

Name: Sturm
Looks:Long grey beard,short and squat,wears an old norse like helm with blood stained horns and bloodstained guantlets.
Background: Sturm was driven from his home in the T`Ork mountains by the bandits twenty years ago since then he has met Grit and they have become a team.Sturm is gifted with langauges and can speak to beasts, sometimes convincing them to help him and Grit.

Equipment: Studded armor,an ancient short ax,and a sword crafted by himself.
Class: Secondary(maybe minor I don't really know how to classify guys.)

These two will play a small roll in my story but after that they'll be up for higher! :D
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

ummm, what time is it in wellestowne? Cause I can adjust, is it dark? Or is it coming dark? Anway, whatecer time it be:

In Formendacil's first post it was late in the day, it must be only like 5-10 minutes after he wrote that, in RP time.

:wink:
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Here is another character.

Name:Schon

Looks:Schon is a beautiful young lady with long brown hair and bright blue eyes. She wears a green shirt with a brown ruffle collar(DF torso). She wears brown pants.

Tools:She always carries a Masterly-crafted dark brown bow, a quiver, and a black shortsward that she got when her father died.

Background:She has been part of the Uneben Stamm ever since she can remember. Her mother died at birth, and her father was an injured soldier. One night, while in the Uneben Stamm, wolves attacked. Her father was one of many that died that might. Ever since then, she has trained as a soldier.

Other:She is a talented bowmen, and a master of the blade. SHe is very calm in a fight, and will not easily give way. She is very lonely, and she lets few know about her past, or her current feelings. She has a pleasant nature, and is not easily swayed. Many say that she reminds them of her father.

Type of Character:Secondary
Last edited by Remyth on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

TheOrk wrote:
ummm, what time is it in wellestowne? Cause I can adjust, is it dark? Or is it coming dark? Anway, whatecer time it be:

In Formendacil's first post it was late in the day, it must be only like 5-10 minutes after he wrote that, in RP time.

:wink:
Well, that's just my post.

There doesn't need to be perfect synchronisation of time. As long as when MY character meets YOUR character, it's the same time, that's all that really matters. Otherwise, a certain discrepancy isn't really a problem.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~