NEW ROLEPLAY DISCUSSION THREAD

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

Hey this sounds like fun. I'll join in.

Name: Lloyd

Looks: Long brown hair, pointed nose, and green eyes. Wears a dark green tonic.

Tools: A sickle and a knife, a walking staff, and a heavy black cloak.

Background: It is unknown were Lloyd was born, but he was raised by his father, who owned a small farm. Because he was poor all his live, Lloyd is very humble, and although young, is very strong from working in the fields all day. He was given a knife to defend himself when he was nine, because talk of rebellion was on the wind. One day, a pack of wolves attacked their sheep while his father was watching them. Lloyd, who was cutting the barley harvest with a sickle, rushed to his father's aid, but was too late. The wolves had killed him and two sheep. Lloyd was also attacked by the wolves. Without thinking he attacked them with sickle and knife, and slew one wolf, but recieved many cuts. He still has a scar across his face. He ran away, and now wanders the land, even as a child.

Other: Ever since his first fight, he has practiced his fighting skills many a time. He is not a great warrior, but cunning and smart and strong.

Type of Character: Major
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Ok, here goes my first crack at a story.

Grid:Somewhere on the edge of the wilderness(might change later as an
acount to the maps being 1/2 completed(not your fault, I know, smcginnis))

The Capture

A small party of the Uneben Stamm was walking through the wilderness. There was a total of 23 people in the party, most of them men. Theyrus was leading them back home after they completed a quest. They had needed to beat back some creatures that were straying to much towards the kingdom of (name). They had just fought a lot of very deadly creatures for almost 2 days straight. They were tired and on their way home after burying they 2 fallen comrades. The reward was good enough that they could get one or two of the families out of the Uneben Stamm, and into civilization once more.

They were just about going to set up camp when the rear-guard, set there to watch for anything suspicious, report a sound like that of horse hooves. Theyrus, being the leader, immediately went back to listen for himself. All the sudden, a barrage of arrows flew past them. This was aimed at the group in front. Although only 5 arrows met their targets, it was enough to startle the living daylights out of them all. No creatures thus far had used to much as a stick. Then Theyrus heard it; the Silver-Hawks war horn. He knew that they were out-numbered and out-armed. He quickly leaped into the forest, motioning for the others to do the same.

At this time, a second wave of arrows came. Seven hit their targets this time. They were closer. The Uneben Stamm had only 11 people left. The sound of horse-hooves was heard again. Theyrus looked onto the road to see what was happening. Suddenly, he heard a cry from his left. He spun that way, seeing close to 50 horse-men charging at them. The cry had come from the Rear-guard. Theyrus easily swooped up into the saddle of a horse and knocked the guy down to the ground in one swift motion. His companions were not as talented, or as lucky. Three fell with the first charge. Only 8 left, thought Theyrus, angrily. The Silver Hawks turned around and began to charge again. This time, they seemed a little less organized. Theyrus took out 3 alone. The Silver-Hawks now had a force of 30 men. They Silver-Hawks charged again. They slew the 6 remaining men, and captured Schon, who was the only girl left alive. Theyrus was knocked from his captured horse before this, and fell heavily to the ground. The Silver-Hawks must of thought he was dead, for they went home after this.

When Theyrus awoke, he found that his friends had all been slain. Then he noticed that Schon was missing. Anger rolled through him like thunder in the mountains. He gave out a cry that startled beasts ten miles away. For about four or five hours, Theyrus sat around and cried to himself. That’s right, he cried, cried like nobody thought anyone could ever cry. When Theyrus finally got some of his former wit back, he preformed a quick service for his fallen friends. When this was completed, he started out to follow the now long-cold and well-hidden trail of the Silver-Hawks. He knew nothing else that he could do.

To Be Continued...
Last edited by Remyth on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:01 am, edited 7 times in total.
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Congratulations, Remyth, on being the first to lead off on the story-posting. I'd recommend, if possible, that you try and break it up into paragraphs (with spaces between them) -so that lazy readers don't get discouraged and skip it- a little bit more, but otherwise, good job.

Anyway, to important business.... I have people to register.

Name: Forlego III
Looks: Middle-aged, distinguished. Slightly taller than average. (Old Obi-wan face with grey hair, violet-blue cape, Richard the Strong Torso, and black pants.)
Tools: Crown, golden broadsword, armour (plain gold), and various other accoutrements of power.
Background: Born the second son of King Lorlego IV, he became King of Wellestowne after the death of his father and older brother fifteen years ago, during a terrible battle. Forlego has since worked hard to establish a lasting peace in and around Wellestowne, and has been generally successful in doing so. As the benevolent ruler of his people, he has come to be known as "Good King Forlego".
Other: Forlego has one son, Ballego, and two daughters, Castila (Casi) and Leganne. All are just grown. None are married.
Status: Minor Character. King Forlego is mainly around for show.

Name: Sir Wilfred D'Antigon
Looks: Dashingly handsome, dark hair (Sir John of Maine face; black straight, longer, hair; red-with-black armed scalemail shirt, black cape, and black pants)
Background: Sir Wilfred D'Antigon is of unknown heritage, having been abandoned on the doorsteps of Castle Alexandria as a baby. Believed, from the quality of his linens, to have been noble, he was taken in by the King, and raised as a royal ward, before being sent off for service in the army at a young age. After five years as a very successful teenaged squire, Wilfred was knighted and granted the title "D'Antigon". He has since been something of a purposeless rogue, spending his time in Wellestowne wooing Princess Casi, between "adventures".
Other: Known as "Will" to some friends, and "Fred" to others, Wilfred is a very dashing young man, if a bit rash. Whether or not the king favours his suit is unknown, but Princess Casi certainly does.
Status: Major/Secondary. He'll be my main character, but I may not Roleplay enough for him to really be called "major".

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Remyth
Trade King

Post by Remyth »

Formendacil wrote:Congratulations, Remyth, on being the first to lead off on the story-posting. I'd recommend, if possible, that you try and break it up into paragraphs (with spaces between them) -so that lazy readers don't get discouraged and skip it- a little bit more, but otherwise, good job.

I tried to do that, if fact, I even had it done that way in the "post a Reply" place...Hmm... I edited that to the way it is supposed to be. :D 8)

Thanks,
Thomas Wunz <><

nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

Formendacil wrote:Congratulations, Remyth, on being the first to lead off on the story-posting. I'd recommend, if possible, that you try and break it up into paragraphs (with spaces between them) -so that lazy readers don't get discouraged and skip it- a little bit more, but otherwise, good job.
Heh-hem,
nazgul wrote: His hand was gnarled mass, if you could call it that. To most it looked like some sort of obscure disease or fungus that you usually avoid, and they followed that instinct to the letter. But to more learned of others, it was a sight to behold of power and vanity. But to others’ eyes it resembled three short roots in the place of his right hand. It was covered in moss, grass, and a few small flowers among other odd growths. And it seemed to be that if he moved his sleeve back the odd growths would continue up the arm, but he never did. But the person to whom this hand belonged made no permanent friends, but the few he made never lasted.
All this Jake took in as this odd stranger walked in the door of the pub. But he did not know that this man could kill any person in this room with a simple flick of the wrist. And all this the stranger knew as well; but his name is not the stranger or the man, it is Kal, or at least that’s what he calls himself. Kal went up and sat by Jake, if you call the other side of the room and Jake moving over towards by him, “sitting beside him.” Kal ordered mead and a bowl of water, then, in a simple but demanding tone he said, “What do you want?”, “Why just to know what’s up with your hand there” said Jake casually. It was then that the bartender, eyeing Kal cautiously, set down the bowl of water and the mead. Kal swallowed the pitifully small amount of mead in one gulp and then placed his “odd” hand in the bowl, in a matter of about 7 seconds, the water was drained up, then the bowl was covered in moss and grass which then disintegrated the bowl and all of which promptly died.
Jake simply sat there, staring, for a while Kal repeated the process about 2 more times. Then, gathering his wits again, spoke quite simply, “Interesting trick you have there.”
Sorry about that, I knew I should have posted it instead of editing my old post but I just sort of forgot I guess.

-nazgul
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Looks like i'll start this as well..

-Grid: Somewhere northwest of Wellestowne (I will upload the map later.)

The Red Bandit..

The head of the Haron Army, General Grimaldus Esmond, has just returned to the Haron Castle after meating with King Kelbrick of Harstairn, Grimaldus proceeded to the castle to let King Leoric know of his arrival.

Grimaldus: My lord, the meeting was a great success!

Leoric: Wonderful..

Grimaldus: Something troubles you, Sir?

Leoric: A messanger arrived not too long ago. He had come from Faireslayde to inform me that the trade cart we sent out had not arrived, and was two days late..

Grimaldus: I see, I shall dispatch a search party immediatly M'Lord.

Leoric: That will not be neccessary General.

Grimaldus: ..I don't understand.

Leoric: On his was to our castle the messager found the cart..empty, surrounded by the bodies of our three guards!

Grimaldus: ...Who could have done such a thing!

Leoric: The messanger said that there has been a number of attacks like this, all done by one man who calls himself 'The Red Bandit'.

Grimaldus: Impossible! There is no way one man could take out three of our guards on his own!

Leoric: But alas, he has done so, you see, I know of this 'Red Bandit', it was just a few months ago when I was returning from Wellestowne that me and my men were ambushed by this man, luckily a man named 'Sashil' had warned him off. He then told me that this 'Red Bandit was the leader of the 'Cave Bandits', a group of bandits settled at the bottom of T'Ork mountains, to the west of Faireslayde.

Grimaldus: I see.. Shall I arange a group to set out towards there and find these bandits?

Leoric: Yes, but it is far too late tonight, please do so in the morning.

Grimaldus: Yes, Sir!

Grimaldus then headed back to his home, eager to set out in the morning.

To be continued..
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

I'll give it a first try too:

Wellestowne:

michael jumped out of the window of a manor and into a haystack, immediatly got up and brushed himslef off as he ran noislesly into the darkness, full speed.

It had been a close contract, but the duke was now dead, and arrow in his head. Somehow the duke had managed a three second mangled scream, enough to alert the guards.

Michael had just heard them coming up to the door when jumped out of a four storey window, and grabbed onto another the next storey below. He then swung in,hid in the shadows repeatidly, found the window by the haystack, and leaped.

Now he was safe, the guards would never predict such an escape. Michael kept running anways, up to the town wall, where he flattened himself partialy and watched. Thankfully the Manor was close to the wall, Micheal was a thief, not a runner. But he was stilled skilled in the blade, which had saved his life many a times.

Eventualy men with torches came out of the manor and began searching the immediate radius of about eight meters.

Micheal slipped away along the wall, until he reached a safe distance. He then threw off his cloak, which contained all his tools, tied it up with rope and strung it to his back.

He then began walking down the nearest street, to his home, which was hiddin inbetween two storage cellers, whose homes had been abandoned, so Michael had dug between them, with the help of friends, and made secret entrances from both cellars.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Great job Remyth.Just two thingfs,1)Watch the spelling and Grammer a bit more.2)They way you ended off wasn`t so dramatic.Why don`t you try describing Theyrus`s feelings of hate instead of simply explaining he has a crush?
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Great posts everybody! It looks like we have a lot of potiential here. :lol:
Great job Remyth.Just two thingfs,1)Watch the spelling and Grammer a bit more.2)They way you ended off wasn`t so dramatic.Why don`t you try describing Theyrus`s feelings of hate instead of simply explaining he has a crush?
First posts are usually the hardest for all of us.(just check out mine) So here's a bunch of tips for noobs and pros alike:

1-It's a good idea to type up posts in a word document. Save a copy there, put it through a spell checker and then paste it here.

2-Since your just adding on to a previous post every time, try to give it an appropriate ending for that post. Mike said a post should be around 5 paragraphs long, it's unessessary to have a major cliffhange at the end of each one because in a real novel, it's not cut up like that.

3-You have to remember that all the posts in this will (or will eventually) be linked in some way. So keep in mind that what you do with certain locations/characters can effect everyone else.

4-At least make an attempt to read the archives of the old CCRP in the forums to get an understanding of how to RP in general.

Lamanda2>

This here is just my opinion (You should get clarification from the mod team) but it might be easier for everyone, if this is all written in the same format. Because it might get confusing if there's a scene involving a few players all using different writing styles e.g 3rd person ltd/3rd person omni/4th person/script ect...

Besides that, I'll probably get my characters up some time this week. :wink:
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I`ll keep that in mind sorry `r`emyth if I sounded to tough just giving some advice.
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Remyth
Trade King

Post by Remyth »

ZIGGY! wrote:Great job Remyth.Just two thingfs,1)Watch the spelling and Grammer a bit more.2)They way you ended off wasn`t so dramatic.Why don`t you try describing Theyrus`s feelings of hate instead of simply explaining he has a crush?
I did this, good advice! I just eddited instead of make a whole nother post
:wink: .
TheOrk wrote:1-It's a good idea to type up posts in a word document. Save a copy there, put it through a spell checker and then paste it here.
Thanks! This really helps. I must be going dumb, why didn't I thinnk of this :lol: .
ZIGGY! wrote:I`ll keep that in mind sorry `r`emyth if I sounded to tough just giving some advice.
That's OK. No grudges here. You are just trying to help, I know. Since your story will link to mine, don't be afraid to give me some criticism (although PM might be better, dont want to clog the forums :wink: .)

Thanks agian, everyone,
Thomas Wunz <><

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Everybody's still learning... so no need for apologies, people. Just remember that everybody means the best (and if they don't... *narrows eyes dramtically*).

Anyway, TheOrk makes some good points about posting, which I would keep in mind. Particularly pertinent to the current topic, is to remember that each post doesn't have to end dramatically, or with a cliffhanger. Although I would disagree slightly with TheOrk and say that the Roleplay isn't quite like a novel, and that it's very appropriate to the medium for every post to have a sort of "opening and closing" feel to it- unless it's intended to be a part of a longer dialogue, either with other RPers, or just with oneself.

In any event, there are many different ways to post- and I'm not going to get anal about any of them. In the old Roleplay, we were fairly strict about using punctuation, capitalization, spaces between paragraphs, and all that good stuff. And, personally, I would still like to see it. But I'm not going to enforce it.

Do realize, however, that the neat appearance of your post is going to do any awful to affect how people view it. And we all want readers, right? I mean, that IS why we are writing, right? Well... it's why I am, anyway. And the better your spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation, spacing, and all that is... the better it'll look, and the easier it'll be to read.

A really good tip here, which TheOrk mentioned, is to write up your posts in Microsoft Word (or some other word processor). And the really big reason?

Well, for one thing, if your Internet phases out on you (which some computers do... like mine...) then your stuff won't be lost when you hit "submit". But there's a bigger reason:

Spellchecker.

Some people have spellcheckers built into their browsers, or uploaded, or whatnot... Mine doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised if yours doesn't. And unless you're good at English, it's amazing how many stupid mistakes a spellchecker can catch. Not all them- computers aren't really that smart, you know- but enough to really clean up the look of your post.

Anyway, just some tips, intended to be helpful, from your adrenaline-high Moderator.

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Roleplayers all,

The Thread is now open. You may begin posting.

Or re-posting the story posts you've put here, if such is the case. Feel free, of course, to edit/change/forget/mutilate them as you see fit. They are YOUR posts.

smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

New characters.

Name: Starcloak (it's an alias.)

Looks: Blond hair; slim, lithe build; fair complexion; dark blue eyes; 5' 7"; I will upload a pic.

Tools: Black robes; black cloak with stars on the outside (The harry potter one); black gloves; black climbing shoes; small knife with poisoned blade; climbing rope.

Background: Little is known about Starcloak's background. About seven years ago, he came to Wellestown, asking for a job in the royal staff. He has since risen to King Forlego's senior spy. It is said that only himself and the king know his true identity.

Other: Starcloak is the main reason that King Forlego's diplomatic peace is successful. He has infiltrated the private offices of all noblemen both from {Forlego's Kingdom} and other lands while they are in Wellestown, revealing plots to attack the kingdom or kill the king. Because of him, notorious criminals like Baron Reidelheimer and Kra'llin Baand have been imprisoned. He also occasionally will play the assassin and dispose of extremely dangerous people, although King Forlego is opposed to killing.

Type of Character: Major/Secondary (not sure yet.)

Name: Majhad Greyhoof

Looks: Same species as Micah Berger (The Green Knight)'s Ibixian; black and grey fur all over his body; dark grey fur on temples; white fur on his chin; one long black horn, and one long sand green horn; brown eyes; 7' 4"; will upload a folder of pics.

Tools: Long battle axe; brown cloak; red rag around his left forearm; pack of food.

Background: Majhad was born in the Ibixian village of Hwynyihihm, in the north of the Black Mountains. He was the son of a warrior who was killed the day before he was born, and as such he has always harbored animosity towards humans. His left horn was bleached to a beigish-green when he fell into a black pool in the Yasbrik Swamp. His left arm was also submerged, and the skin burned, which is why he wears a rag on it.

Other: Majhad left his village and traveled south, passing through the Black Mountains and then the Yasbrik swamp, where he was hurt. He left on a ship from Port Yasbrik, lived on Harn Island for a few years, and then made his way to Wellestown.

Type of Character: Secondary

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Yikes! I'm a bit behind on characters.

Name: Loftnosus (nicknamed 'Old Lofty' by the nearby villagers)
Looks: He wears a dark blue robe, and has a black cloak and hooded tunic on top. He has a scruffy white beard that is stuffed into his tunic.
Tools: Carries a rather unwieldy metal staff that he focuses his magic through.
Background: Loftnosus is a wizard, and was one of the first in the land to take up sorcery, countless centuries ago. He has seen much of the land's history, and has been involved in quite a bit of it, too. He currently lives in a warm, secluded household in the cold drifts and slopes of Mount Oraynol, where he can study away from the rest of the world (though he has noticed the presence of villages further down the mountain.
Other: He has a rather uptight personality - he is stern, cutting and has little patience for fools. He considers almost everyone to be below him and treats other people as such. Strangely for a wizard of his calibre, he has a bizarre obsession with custard creams - he carries a strange jar that seems to have an unlimited number of the sweet biscuits inside, which he casually munches on whilst working. Though Loftnosus is a bit unpleasant, he does have a few close friends, and he can still be counted on the side of good if the need arises.
Type of Character: Major

That's my first character up. I'll have a picture up soon, too. More people on the way!