New Roleplay Map

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

I've been working on a map, and I wanna show it, but whenever I type maj.com, it says the URL was not found, same with brickshelf.

Good maps BTW. Can't wait to add mine.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Yeah, Brickshelf is down right now, but if you guys want, I made a blank map template from Micheal's original map post, I could upload it to Brickshelf tomorrow or possibly later tonight if you guys want to use it.
Then you can make own map section in a snap, and it will look alike to the other sections.

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Lamanda2 wrote:Yeah, Brickshelf is down right now, but if you guys want, I made a blank map template from Micheal's original map post, I could upload it to Brickshelf tomorrow or possibly later tonight if you guys want to use it.
Then you can make own map section in a snap, and it will look alike to the other sections.

~Amanda
I think it's great we're getting all these maps. I might make one too, but I think we should avoid flooding the place with maps if we're not going to use them all. :idea:
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

nazgul wrote:Can you tell me what is the size per square and how large the grid is? Just wondering because I have a map I drew a long time that would fit in pretty well with the one that you've got going.
A square is 50 miles by 50 miles. I have no idea what that is in terms of pixels, or what the exact ratio of the city map to the country map is... but it doesn't really matter. If you want the exact size of my square, you can copy and paste- but any square works.

As for how large the overall grid is... it's as large as we need. I have no intention of limiting how far we can go in any direction, although obviously the bigger it gets the more difficult it's going to be to work together on stories- and as Maedhros will be the first to say, not working together on stories is one reason the last Roleplay eventually petered out (among many other reasons).

Hope that answers the questions. I'll be happy to try again if it doesn't.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Alright, heres a walled town I was working on. .JPG messed it up though :?

http://www.maj.com/gallery/colan101/RPmap/town_map.jpg

Hope you like it, done on paint, it is a WIP.
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Hey, all. I am wanting to make a small Island off the coast(of where I do not know yet...). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in giving this a shot for me. I am really bad with paint, and I would mess it up preety h-core. PM me if interested and I will give you further details.

Great Maps BTW

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Best. Town. Name. Ever.

And best pass names ever. And best mountain range.

Kudos to all of you, especially Mike, for putting this together. It's like the original roleplay all over again.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Remyth
Trade King

Post by Remyth »

Replying to my previous post, I found some one to do it already...no longer needed :D . Special thanks to Mike Viper! I will post it when he is done(with credit of course.)

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Ok, here's my map. (Warning, large image. 1080x864 pixels)

Hope ya like it. Took me all day. *wipes sweat from forehead* The squares for measurement aren't aligned with the old maps' ones, but they're the same size.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Aw man I stink at maps.At least my country is a bit further out.Just one thing, maybe we should leave a few squares here and there that are just wilderness.
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Remyth
Trade King

Post by Remyth »

ZIGGY! wrote:Aw man I stink at maps.At least my country is a bit further out.Just one thing, maybe we should leave a few squares here and there that are just wilderness.
Great Idea, Ziggy! I completely agree. I think that we need a lot of wilderness to be charted and explored(or they might try to at least :twisted: .)

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

Mike Viper
Archer

Post by Mike Viper »

I agree, and, if I get enough free time I have an idea I may pull off:

I can make a blank square, like an AOE black uncharted territory area, but have some spots shown, like a cave or a forest start, and slowly I can raw in areas as RPers reveal them.

It'll be hard, and results won't be immediate, but I could attempt a pull off.

Back to doing Remyth's dirtywork :P :lol: naw, I'm having fun making his map, never thought of it as a slaves job once but for the joke.

It's almost done.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

smcginnis wrote:Hope ya like it. Took me all day. *wipes sweat from forehead* The squares for measurement aren't aligned with the old maps' ones, but they're the same size.
Looks beautiful! You guys are getting the idea beautifully.

Yes, definitely, if you want wilderness, by all means reserve a square or two for it.

The only thing I'm going to CAUTION against is growing too fast. The map looks like it's a really good size right now, to me. Obviously, if you want to add more, add more, but if you think the map that we've got right now is enough to tell the story we've got, then 'tis probably best to wait until it's needed to add more squares onto it.

WARNING FOR DISTANT FUTURE:

Just in case it ever becomes a problem, with people ADDING squares, and not doing any roleplaying, I may make it a rule that you cannot add squares until AFTER you've roleplayed a certain amount. Please note: this isn't a rule yet, and may never be, but is a caution in case things get out of hand. You guys don't seem to be a problem, but more people can always join, you know.

Oh, and SMcGinnis, I hereby appoint you "Keeper of the Maps" for the new CCRP. As a suggestion in the future, if the maps ever start getting too big, is to shrink them down into a more "thumbnailish" size, and post them in a group that way- but keep the individual square maps in full size. If possible, it may be best for you to keep copies on your harddrive/in your Maj folder, of everybody's maps, just so that we have one place and person to talk to, in case people move away, or their folders go down, or whatnot.

~Michael A. Joosten~
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Formendacil wrote:Oh, and SMcGinnis, I hereby appoint you "Keeper of the Maps" for the new CCRP. As a suggestion in the future, if the maps ever start getting too big, is to shrink them down into a more "thumbnailish" size, and post them in a group that way- but keep the individual square maps in full size. If possible, it may be best for you to keep copies on your harddrive/in your Maj folder, of everybody's maps, just so that we have one place and person to talk to, in case people move away, or their folders go down, or whatnot.
Ok, so, if people make a map the same size as yours (roughly), and tell me where it is on a grid I'll upload, I'll add them together. And I'll keep all of the maps in a new folder in my Maj, and on my hard drive. I'll add the originals of your's and Lamanda's to that new folder as soon as I can, and Mike Viper, could you PM me where your town map is supposed to be? Could I put it on an Island in the Great Ocean? Thanks.

~smcginnis

P.S. I may not get it done tonight, because we're about to eat dinner.
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

smcginnis wrote:P.S. I may not get it done tonight, because we're about to eat dinner.
Don't rush TOO fast! It's getting on midnight here!

In fact, I'm going to bed in a moment, and may not be back until Saturday (really big day tomorrow... we'll see how it goes).

If things continue as they are, let's hope for getting the Game thread up on Saturday or Sunday.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~