New Roleplay Map

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

Here is the island that Mike Viper made for me. It is the hide-out of the Uneben Stamm hiding place. The island is called Syndgar, and it is off the coast of the Wellestown.

Here are the links:
.GIF

.JPG

smcginnis, could you please put this on the map?

Agian, big thanks to Mike Viper on this one. Couldn't have done this good.
Mike Viper wrote:The multiple green areas are tree-tops
The buildings have yellow-hay thatched rooves.
The loot stash is in the mountain that stand alone, the entrance being the little yellow protruding out, located on the same mountain that the larger barracks is beside, if you still can't find it.
The lower right "arm" of the islands murky turquiseness is swampland.
Any dark brown splotches on mountains I considered caves, but it's your island.
The brown-greeness are paths.
There is a well in the center of the building-circle.
The grey being rocks, and the brown rocks in the water are brown rocks.
Enjoy,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

Ooh, very nice map :P . The island is nicely done. I think I'll try to draw a Photoshop version of my thoughts for the map at school tomorrow. Hopefully it'll turn out as nice as this one.

-nazgul
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Ok, here is a blank template for all you to get started on a map, now just don't go crazy and make a bunch of wilderness, ok? :wink:

-Ziggy: If you need any help with making your map feel free to send me a PM, I could either draw the map, or help you out with paint.

-I totally agree about not creating something until you roleplay there, I think for now we should just place the sections of the maps where our characters will be starting.

-I can draw up the big grid in no time, but I am not sure if anyone else wanted to do it, but I might get bored and do it anyhow, so ignore mine if somebody else is making it. :wink:

EDIT~
Alrighty then, I did up a bit of a grid,

Grid

I can edit the size or anything else if you wish. My question now is, "Should I number the grid?" if so how should I go about that?

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Oh, Remyth, I forgot to mention the elevations, the normal brown would be large hills, or small mountains, which lead up to dark grey being midsection-mid sized mountains, and the light grey being the peaks, or very very high mountains.

Hope that made sense :)

I won't be posting my WIP until later in the RP, since I start in Wellestowne, to which I keep saying willastone. Is that how it's pronounced? Or is my tounge twisting up again :? :lol:
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Formendacil wrote:
Oh, and SMcGinnis, I hereby appoint you "Keeper of the Maps" for the new CCRP. As a suggestion in the future, if the maps ever start getting too big, is to shrink them down into a more "thumbnailish" size, and post them in a group that way- but keep the individual square maps in full size. If possible, it may be best for you to keep copies on your harddrive/in your Maj folder, of everybody's maps, just so that we have one place and person to talk to, in case people move away, or their folders go down, or whatnot.

~Michael A. Joosten~
Shouldn`t he get a special rank? :) Also Smcginnis,can yo save the square on top of the upper left for me,and leave the square to the right of that wilderness.(If Mike can do the wilderness that would be great,and if he does my square it`s even better! :wink: )
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lamanda2 wrote:I can edit the size or anything else if you wish. My question now is, "Should I number the grid?" if so how should I go about that?
No, I would say not.

I mean, you CAN, if you want, but it doesn't seem necessary. Besides, the grid may grow, or it may not fill out. For reference, anyway, we have the Wellestowne grid. So we just say from there how many squares east/west/north/south from the Wellestowne square it is.
ZIGGY! wrote:Shouldn`t he get a special rank? Also Smcginnis,can yo save the square on top of the upper left for me,and leave the square to the right of that wilderness.(If Mike can do the wilderness that would be great,and if he does my square it`s even better! )
Custom titles are the prerogatives of SavaTheAggie and Troy. The rest of us (even the Mods) possess them at their pleasure and sufferage.

It is, however, within in my Rights to permit SMcGinnis to sign his posts with a title in keeping with his duties. But anyone can assume a title like so.
Mike Viper wrote:I won't be posting my WIP until later in the RP, since I'm starting in Wellestowne, which I keep saying as willastone. Is that how it's pronounced? Or is my tongue twisting up again?
Well... pronunciation doesn't really matter since this is all written, but I think of it as either "wells-town" or "well-es-town"

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Sure Ziggy, just PM me the details, such as ideas, terrain, landforms, towns, paths, lakes and so on, and I'll get it together.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Great the PM will have to wait till tomorrow night,gotta go now. :D
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Sorry I haven't been on all day, but I'm here now. Lamanda, thank you for that wonderful template and grid. I was going to do those, but now I don't have to. They'll both be in the gallery, which is here, by the way:

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=122930

If you complete a square, you can post it here or PM me. Also, please provide a small version (48x48 pixels) for me to put in the grid. Mike Viper, that is a nice map you've drawn there, I like the island close up. Ziggy, I'll add those sections into the grid for you soon. I don't mind if Mike Viper draws them, if he wants to. I'll just need a 48x48 version per square he does. Also, he can do a few more squares wildernessy if he likes.

~smcginnis

Edit: Formendacil, I talked about it with Lamanda through PM's, and if you could make her the assistant map-keeper, or even co-map-keeper, that'd be great. She's very helpful, and good at map drawing, and though I'll probably have enough time to update things myself, if she could too when I'm busy, it would help. Thanks,

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

I'm going to try to do a few squares to the south-east. Is that alright with you guys?

toodles,
-nazgul
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Yes, nazgul, that's fine. I'd like for the grid Lamanda provided to be filled, but after that, it'd be nice if people stopped making maps for a while, because there'll be plenty of places to explore. Here's the grid so far: http://www.maj.com/gallery/smcginnis/CC ... p_grid.png

~smcginnis
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

Mike Viper
Archer

Post by Mike Viper »

So all you want me to do is put Remyth island in a square? Okay, there'll be a vast amount of ocean left over though, so if anyone wants to fill that in, I or any of the other map makers can do so.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Mike Viper, I thought you already did, here:

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=755170

Lamanda said that it's in the grid already, although it's too small to see. If it's meant to go elsewhere, that's fine, but I thought it was there. The reason you might think it isn't there is because the grid lines have shifted from where they were on your map.

~smcginnis

Edit: Okay, here's the newest section:
http://www.maj.com/gallery/smcginnis/CC ... island.png
Last edited by smcginnis on Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learning French.

I'm a Pumpkin.

Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

smcginnis wrote:Edit: Formendacil, I talked about it with Lamanda through PM's, and if you could make her the assistant map-keeper, or even co-map-keeper, that'd be great. She's very helpful, and good at map drawing, and though I'll probably have enough time to update things myself, if she could too when I'm busy, it would help.
No, no...

It's YOUR job, Mr. Keeper of the Maps, to go passing out titles to your assistants- not mine! If you wish to make her "Assistant to the Keeper of the Maps" or "Assistant Keeper of the Maps" or "Deputy Helper Aide Backup Major Assistance Dudette of the Maps Department"- well, that's your call.

I'm just the All-Powerful Mod sitting atop (a somewhat silly) mountain, making sure everything runs smoothly. Inside your department (unless I have to step in), you have authority.

Which is a very longwinded and goofy way of saying "Sure, go ahead".

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Mike Viper
Archer

Post by Mike Viper »

Smcginnis: Opps :oops: my bad, I looked at the link after the post. Yeah, looks good, it's not a real grid of it's own, it's just about 5 miles off shore, as I was told to make it, that's why I did the whole a man walks 42 miles on average a day math (well, it was my dad), so half the square would be approximately that, then I measured out the lenght of a scaled sown mile, and that's what I got.

There was probably a short cut through this, but...yeah.