Official Roleplay Gaming Thread I.

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
nazgul
Artisan

Post by nazgul »

Location- Town northwest of Wellestowne
Kal- I can't beleive it, you talked and talked that load of rubbish to me at the bar, and now 'I don't know where to find ninae.'!
Jake- I later corrected myself and said that I know who to look for, but I don't know where to find him.
Kal- So in short you lied to save your butt.
Jake- Fine, but look, I'll ask around, there's an herbalist across the street. Ninae is a healing plant, with luck he should know where to find him.
Kal- With luck, ha! I should have killed you when I first met you.
Jake- Oh, forget your threatening and just do something helpfull for once.
Kal- Helpfull! I've given you food, protected you, and listened to that garbage about the so-called law-wizards back at the bar! I never should have let you keep talking.
Jake- But you did, and now we've agreed to search for herbs together; so let's just get going over to the herbalist's.

5 minutes later...

Kal- Great, so he knows that it comes from a village to the west. That's really descriptive!
Jake- He said to the west among the mountains, there's only one chain of mountains far enough away for him to not be able to get it yet close enough for him to hear of it- The Grey Mountains.
Kal- The Grey mountains are Massive! There are hundreds of villages around them!
Jake- But we know that it can be found in the Grey Mountains and there's a fellow I used to talk to I know of when I stayed at Glintown, he used to trade ninae there. His names Alfred or Half-red or Alfrod or... wait, now I remeber! His name's Aelfred!
Kal- I'm doomed...
Jake- Look, let's just head west and see if there's anything to be found. We'll try to get a nights rest and then we'll head for Glintown.
kal- I give up, just, fine...

next morning...

Jake- Wake up! We've got lot's of things to do today!
Kal- What, like kill you?
Jake- Funny, look, I've been thinking.
Kal- Well, that's first.
Jake- Even better, look, the ninae plant only grows in incredibly high altitudes because it requires low pressure to grow. It was then that I remebered that the only mountains high enough for it to grow on are in the very far south of the Grey Mountains, so there should only be one or two villages and they will probably harvest it since it's so highly valued by healers.
Kal- What are you saying?
Jake- We head straight west and go right to the source. Avoid questioning officials and go straight towards the mountains where the herb is freshest, and by the basic law of trading, the cheapest.
Kal- Alright, fine; just... gah!

-nazgul
Last edited by nazgul on Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know the golden rule, He who has the gold makes the rules"
I'm 13.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Mike Viper wrote:"Regretfully," he whispered, silently slapping the glove into the stone and moving a few inches more upstream, a few inches more away from the torchlight, and few inches closer to the bridge, a few inches more out of sight from the couple. But could he make it?
Michael could have been in plain sight of Sir Wilfred and his erstwhile companion, but neither of them were likely to be noticing.

"You get going!" he gave the girl a shove, and turned back. "I shall help brave yonder knight in battling all these ruffians. Take shelter!"

As the girl fled on down the street, Sir Wilfred unsheathed his sword (again, having put it back during the run), took a moment to bemoan the fact that he'd left his helm at the Castle, and charged headlong to where Sir Doric was fleeing.

"For Wellestowne, Forlego, and the upkeep of honesty!" he bellowed, and charged past Sir Doric, who whirled around, and huffing followed him into battle.

Let no one ever say that Sir Wilfred, for all his lack of thought in more intellectual matters, is anything other than a brilliant fighter. Not, of course, that it would have taken much skill to be better than the finesse-less brutes. Muscle and ugly tactics, that's all they were. Sir Wilfred, irresponsible as he may have been at times, was hard as steel, well fit for battle, and possessing a blade that was much deadlier than their crude cudgels.

On the other hand, he and Sir Doric were rather seriously outnumbered. And by "seriously", one can only mean about fifty-to-one (or a hundred-to-two, as the case was).

"I say!" said Wilfred, between blows, to Doric who was at his back, "what's say we try and maneuver down the street and make a run for it! Or do you see any soldiers handy we could borrow?"
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Formendacil wrote:"I say!" said Wilfred, between blows, to Doric who was at his back, "what's say we try and maneuver down the street and make a run for it! Or do you see any soldiers handy we could borrow?"
___Starcloak was out on another mission. He needed to find a knight called Sir Doric and deliver a message from the king, but he was having trouble. No one seemed to know where the knight was. Starcloak was standing at a fruit seller's stall, talking to the proprietor, when he saw who he was looking for. Quickly taking leave of the man, he ran to the knight. "Sir Doric! I have a message from King Forlego, and it's urgent!"
___"Urgent, you say? Well, it can't be more urgent than this!" Sir Doric returned, felling a ruffian with a swing of his axe. "A little help, maybe?"
___Just then, Starcloak realized that Sir Doric and another knight were fighting for their lives against a large group of attackers. Leaping into the air, he began whirling about, his knife blade flashing here and there, his feet and right hand landing blows on the heads of the attackers, continuously propelling him into the air. When he landed, there was a circle of dead men around the knights, and the remaining attackers were regrouping warily. "Starcloak at your service," he said, bowing.
___"Starcloak?" asked the younger knight, incredulously. "Aren't you a spy? What are you doing here?"
___"'Spy' is a bit of a harsh term, young knight. I work only for Forlego. That should be enough for you." Sir Wilfed gaped at this disrespect of his authority. Turning to the other knight, Starcloak handed a scroll to him. "Read this as soon as you can, and—"
___"RUN!" shouted Sir Wilfred, as all the remaining ruffians charged at them.
___There was nothing for it. Leaping into action, Starcloak scaled a nearby wall and affixed his rope to a beam. "Climb!" he shouted. Sir Wilfred quickly complied, but Sir Doric hesitated. "What are you waiting for?!" Starcloak shouted, "The rope is plenty strong enough to hold you, even with your armor."
___His last shreds of doubt escaping him as the foremost attackers reached him, Sir Doric grabbed hold of the rope and began climbing. Sir Wilfred could see he wouldn't make it in time, and began hauling on the rope. "Help me, spy!" he shouted angrily to Starcloak, who also grabbed on and started pulling. They had just gotten him on the roof when one of the men down below drew a shaft to his string.
___"Quickly, get on the other side of this roof! I'll hold them off," Starcloak said, and drawing a flask from among his robes, he threw the contents into the air, lighting it with a match. There was a bright flash, and the ruffians were temporarily blinded. This gave Starcloak enough time to get himself and the knights in through a window, down the stairs, and out the back door. "Now," he said, "what were you thinking, fighting that many people alone?"
___Sir Wilfred mumbled something.
___"What was that? Speak up, young knight," Starcloak said.
___"There was a girl," said Sir Wilfred, "and she was in trouble. I was simply rescuing her."
___"Well, you certainly made a mess of a 'simple rescue'. If I hadn't been there, you might well have been killed! Now, let's get back to the King." Taking a path along the harbor, Starcloak led them back to Forlego's castle.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Location:At the base of T’Ork Mountains, just west of Wellestowne

David was travelling through the forest at the base of T'Ork Mountains when he suddenly stumbled into an old, crumbled foundation,

“Aye, where the brick did that come from!”

He was a little sore from the fall, but it was nothing too serious, he’s had much worse happen, after all. So he picked himself up and climbed out of the old cellar, after about three miles of walking he had come to a river, it had been a while since he had come across any form of water, and the smell of the moist dirt surrounding it was delightful to him. It was growing a bit late, but not too late, somewhere in the early afternoon, but he did not wish to spend this night outdoors, for he knew how the fall nights could be in the forest, but David was at ease, he had been through these woods before- many times, and he knew that the river lead to Wellestowne, and that he could make it there by late evening if he did not get side-tracked.

After a few hours of walking, David’s legs, though used to the walking, grew very tired, so tired he was considering taking a break, but he knew that if he did, he may not make it to Wellestowne in time, so he kept walking.

By now David was becoming restless, every tree, every creek, and every stone he passed looked the same. The sun was going down, not entirely, but he knew it was starting, he knew because the wind was picking up, and the cold was coming in- he had to keep going.
After about two more miles, he had done it! He walked up to the gates, and walked into the town, an old man was standing at the inside of the gates, he looked at David and smiled,

“Hello young man, welcome to Wellestowne!”
Last edited by Lamanda2 on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

The Capitol Of Hawkhshire

Sir Nesher briefed his soldiers one last time before beginning his pursuit of the Dragon Warriors. ”We are awfully lucky to have those spies as doormen”. He thought
“Now remember the first chance you get , you slay those fools. The one who does, will be rewarded greatly. These knights are not easy to defeat, the older one has a flame sword, so stay out of his way. The younger, has some sort of magic in his axes as well so expect the unexpected. Now gear up it’s time we went Dragon Hunting!”
The knights, eight in all mounted their strong, black horses, their axes or pikes hitched on near their right hand and their rations and shield on the left.
“We shall not rest for more then a half hour every six until we reach the old village, now fly, fly fly”!
With a big grunt the horses sped of towards the woods in pursuit of the Dragon Warriors. Nesher on his powerful white horse was lost in thought and plotting the best move against the knights and their party...
Last edited by ZIGGY! on Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

David looked about the town, the sun was still up-just barely, but it provided light, and that last bit of warmth that a night at the end of Summer gives. After a bit of searching, he made his way into the Inn,
“Good afternoon to ye, what can I do for yeh’?”
Asked the Innkeeper.
“Well I’d like to stay the night at this ‘ere Inn.”
Replied David, in a very tired voice,
“Of coarse, that would be 10 Gold.”
David got his pouch and spilled it out onto the counter top, to his surprise, the bag was empty!
“Ehrg.. Neva’ mind sir, me accursed money ‘as fallen out from me pocket.. Good day to you.”

David then walked out of the Inn, he had no idea what to do, so he took a stroll around town, as he was near the castle, he passed a party of two knights, and a man wearing dark robes.
“Aye there, now that’s a sight! Wonder what business a bunch like that be doin’?”
Said David under his breath, but he didn’t bother to ask, he was too tired to care.

He walked about a little bit more until he came to a house with a nice grassy garden to it’s side,
“Well, it can’t do ‘em hard if I sleep ‘ere tonight.”
Thought David, so he lay down on the soft, cool grass, and fell to sleep, dreaming of what he may do in the morning.
Last edited by Lamanda2 on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

General Grimaldus hurried into the barracks early in the morning, he was looking for four soldiers to accompany him to the Bandit Guild, just west of Faireslyde.
“Get up, I have a mission to brief you on!”
Yelled the General in a very loud and commanding voice.
All of the young men picked up their heads, most replying with sighs and then some with the peply of,
“Yes General!”
He looked them all over.. It was hard to figure who he should bring.
“It is our mission to go to the base of the T’Ork mountain range in search of a Bandits Guild, we must seek out the Cave Bandit leader, who calls himself, the Red Bandit and bring him back here, to the dungeon. Now, I shall only be needing four of you, so please step forward.”
After a slight bit of grunting, four young men stepped forward.
“Good! Now go suit up, and I will meet you outside the barracks.”

After a short wait outside of the barracks, the four men came out, all clad in their armor.
“Now, our main objective is to get to the guild, but for now, I think we should set a smaller goal, seeing as that is a good number of days away, so lets focus on getting out of the Haron dessert first.”
“Yes, Sir!”
All four men replied.

The team walked to the gates of the castle, ready to embark on their very long mission.
Grimaldus was confident, but the four young men were a little nervous, they knew that today would be long, the one thing they were quite happy with, was that their armor was light, which will make traveling through the dessert much less tiring.

“Come now, we shall go East, stopping for the day at Mount Anubis!”
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Somewhere near the edge of Faronia...

Zeileg looked off into the distance watching the mountains come into view.
“Must we travel through the mountains Sir Gelb?”
“Is there a problem with mountains young one?”
“Of course there is a problem, there is nothing there.”
“Zeileg, how many times must I tell you. We are not on an action hunt we are looking for help.”
“And where may I ask are we going?”
“I have decided to head for Wellestowne. I hope the good king will aid us.”
“Then why must we take these horrid mountains, let’s just go through the woods.”
“The mountains are a lot safer, few know how to get through that forest alive, Besides the fact that the Hawks have many patrols along the edge of the wood, and the last thing we need is for the Hawks to get on our case.”
Once again not fully satisfied Zeileg just shrugged as the party trekked onwards.

The base of the mountains, shortly out of Faronia..

“We shall stay here at the foot of the mountains until midnight, I want to begin under cover of dark” Sir Gelb explained to the party. ”Sir, people say that there are many dangerous things on that mountain.” A soldier said, a bit fearful.
“Aye I’ve heard of wild dwarves, stone beasts, and who knows what else!”
“Worry not my soldiers, as long as we stay on the path we shall be fine. We are not the first to travel this way and we won’t be the last.”
Later that night…
“All right are we ready?” Sir Gelb asked. The soldiers finished packing and readying their spears before “Yes Sir”, “On the double sir” and the like were answered.
The party walked up the steep, winding slope for a good hour without a noise around.
“Awfully quite up here sir” Zeileg said. ”Why don’t we keep it that way” replied Sir Gelb gruffly. Zeileg was about to comment when a new voice perked up.
“Naw, it’ll be more fun if we make some noise for you”
“Who said that?”
“It was me.” Now Sir Gelb was picking up on it. The voice sounded dwarfish!
“Who goes there” asked Gelb wildly. “We’re right here!” There was silence for a few seconds, then “Wham!” a heavy stone flew from the darkness crushing a soldier.
“Only eleven of us now” thought Zeileg glumly “and no doubt there’ll be less before we get out of this fix!”
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Michael proceeded with ease westward, up stream, on the side of the canal. When he reached the wall, he cursed at the grate, which had been a new addition, which he had not been informed about.

Michael pulled himself up and onto the street, as the sun ducked down under the horizon. He walked through the streets warily, ducking into shadows at the mere sound of heavy-padded footsteps.

He wondered alongside a house that had a lawn, and on that lawn rested a man, and on that man, Michael guesses, had to be something of value.

The sun had now sunk down, and it was dark, he went up to the man and retreived his money pouch. It was empty. Micheal threw it down beside the man and searched longer. He could not see much. The knight grumbled and murmered in his sleep as Michael searched. The knight had nothing of major value, so, dissaitisfied, Michael pulled out his dagger, ready to slice the mans throat, when he saw a black cloaked man out of the corner of his eye.
Out of time, Michael dropped the dagger inches from the mans head, leaped onto the houses windowsill, up the thatched roof, over to the other side, where he rested, and, accidentaly, fell asleep in between two barrels.

Not at all a smart move for a wanted man, but Michael could not help it, he had just crawled along a canal, to find it blocked, assasinated a Duke, and crawled over a house.

Perhaps the man would find him, after wondering why a dagger lay inches from his head, or parhaps he would not. Michael didn't care.

EDIT: sorry for the spelling mistakes, my program won't copy here properly for some reason.
Last edited by Mike Viper on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

After some time, the fauns crept back into the circle. They had watched from hiding as this stranger threw his weapons this way and that. The first fauns looked sturdy, and went straight for the weapons. They retrieved them, and brought them to an important looking faun.

"What might you be doing here?" asked the important faun. "I am Tapfer, king of the fauns. We have not had a visitor like you for a long time."

"Please, y...your majesty," replied Theyrus, stuttering a little. "I meant no harm. I am following a group of Silver-Hawk Horsemen. They captured one of my party, and are taking her towards their kingdom."

"I see now that you meant no harm to us," answered Tapfer slowly. "We have seen Silver-Hawks in the North. Never before have they come so close by our borders. We are a secret people, coming out only at night, and them usually only to dance and play music. I have not heard news of such people in these parts."

"That would be my fault, sire" peeped a quiet and scared voice.

"Astor?" questioned the king, turning to face the faun that had spoken. "Why have I not heard of this?!"

"Well, um, you see....." began Astor.

"Silence," ordered Tapfer. "It is obvious that you made a mistake. This is a far to often occurence, now" He continued, turning to face Theyrus once more. "We have grown careless in ours days of hiding. As I said before, never before has a man walked through unaccounted for."

"Please," Theyrus said again, "I have lost their trail. I have never been in the wilderness before, and I do not know my way around."

"Astor!" called Tapfer. "To pay for your folly, you must lead this man out of our kingdom. You will start as soon as preparations are made."

To be continued...
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

The three minifigs moved at a steady pace. Amidst the confusing streets of Wellestowne it was hard to tell what time of the day it was. Out on the waterfront, Doric could see it was dusk, already the shadows of the night were starting to creep over the rooftops all around them. He was glad he didn’t run into those thugs ten minutes from now. Without the street lanterns lit, things could have gotten very sticky fast.

“How much further to the castle?” He asked to no one in particular.

The one called Starcloak replied first, “We are not far from Castle Alexandria now. Don’t worry about it.”

“Yes, not far,” put in Sir Wilfred.

The three minifigs began to move through a deserted section of the waterfront, in the growing gloom, Doric could make out the high ABS walls of the castle. The three stumbled about uncertainly, there seemed to be a lot of debris scattered everywhere.

“What happened here?” He asked.

“There was a small fire here yesterday.” Replied Starcloak.

“Ah-“

Without warning, a knife flew at the knight’s head. Gasping, he dived out of the way. “Ambush!” Cried Starcloak, drawing his knife.

Coming at the three were five thugs, it was too dark to tell if they were the same ones from earlier. “Not again!” muttered Sir Wilfred.

Sir Doric’s axe bit into some minifig’s head while the blades of his two companions sliced through another two. It wasn’t that difficult, considering the enemy were armed with clubs. The other two made a clean get away, screaming at the top of their lungs.

“Does this happen often?”

Starcloak grunted, “No. But it looks like it’s becoming a problem.”
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

TheOrk wrote:“Does this happen often?”

Starcloak grunted, “No. But it looks like it’s becoming a problem.”
"Wonder why that might be," said Wilfred under his breath to himself. "Couldn't possibly have anything to do with nosy spies running around all high and mighty, now could it?"

Fortunately, Starcloak didn't catch what he was saying, or if he did he ignored it.

"If you all will excuse me," Sir Wilfred spoke in a more normal, and chipper, tone of voice, bowing to the others, "I will be on my way. Thanks for the company, Stargate old fellow, but I assure you that I know my way around this city quite well."

"The name's Starcloak," said the spy, with a hint of acidity.

"Course it is," said Wilfred. "But don't expect me to remember it. Just you see that YOU remember who you're talking to, Mr. Important-Spy-For-King-Forlego. I just happen to be the King's Ward, not to mention a prospective son-in-law. So watch who you go ordering around and calling young knight. Someday I might just be your boss!"

Then, without giving Starcloak another thought, Sir Wilfred turned to Sir Doric.

"Lovely to meet you, old mate," he said, "that's some pretty fancy axework you've got going there.

"Now, if you gentlemen will excuse me, I've got a damsel-in-distress to finish saving. I believe I left her near the corner of Alec and Barkerlie."

Whistling as if he hadn't just had a gruelling evening of ruffian-fighting, Sir Wilfred headed back towards the waterfront- but taking rather greater care than before to watch for dark figures in the shadows.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

___It had taken them three days to reach the bottom of the mountain. It would've taken fewer, but on the second day, Berw fell and broke his leg. Since then, Roëd had had to support the bigger man, and though he was quite strong, it was rather hard. Luckily, due to the Ninae Roëd had brought, Berw wasn't in much pain. Finally, they made it off of Mount Oraynol. They'd been sitting at the roadside for a few hours, wondering what to do next, and it was getting dark. Roëd was about to light a fire, when a cart came rumbling by. "Hey, farmer! Could you give us a ride to Glintown, or at least the nearest house?" Nary yelled. "My husband broke his leg on the mountain, and we need to get to a wizard."
___The figure on the cart whoa'd his horse, and climbed down from the cart. "You're in luck!" he called back to them. "You've found one. I'll help your husband, but you'll have to stay with me. Come on, let's get him into my cart." He was an old man, with a long grey beard and robes of a similar hue. "It's just down here." When they'd gotten into the cart, he started his horse again, and after a little while, turned onto a side path. Soon, they could see the lights of a cottage, built into a tree.
___"Brothers! Sisters!" he shouted out, "We have visitors." Out through the door came two men and three women. One of the men had a blue robe, the other green. The women had dresses of red, white, and brown. The old man told the two younger ones to take Berw inside, and they lifted him as if he weighed almost nothing. The women in red and brown ushered in Roëd and Nary, carrying their packs as if they weighed nothing. The woman in white talked with the old man as he put his horse into the stable.
___"So you found them by the mountain?" she asked. "Do you think that the young man could be—could be the one we've been waiting for?"
___"Sister," said the man in grey, smiling, "I do not believe it was by chance that I was passing that way. The fates work mysteriously, and the time is ripe for change. Bandit groups are growing in power, and dark mages are joining them. Some kings are becoming restless, I fear that wars will erupt. Not here, Forlego and Harlego's peace has good magic behind it, but elsewhere...who can tell. Let us go inside and dine with our guests." So saying, he and the woman in white left the stable and went into the treehouse.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Formendacil wrote:Whistling as if he hadn't just had a gruelling evening of ruffian-fighting, Sir Wilfred headed back towards the waterfront- but taking rather greater care than before to watch for dark figures in the shadows.
Sir Wilfred found the girl not too far from where he'd left her. More accurately, she found him. Dropping from a tree near where he'd turned to fight the ruffians, she caused him him to swing around, ready to fight, only to drop his sword at the sight of her.

"You came back," she said, without a suggestion in her tone of whether that was good or bad, but simply as a statment.

"A Knight does not lightly abandon a damsel in distress," said Sir Wilfred lightly. "I am delighted to see you have come to no further harm. Might I now see you to your home?"

"I am a stranger to Wellestowne," said the girl. "I have no place prepared in the city."

"I suppose you wandered down into that slummy area by accident then- and got snatched," said Wilfred, nodding. But the girl shook her head.

"I had business there. Unfortunately, it did not end well, as you saw."

"Business?" Wilfred looked her up and down, noting that, while quietly dressed, her clothes were of fine material, and she didn't seem to have had a hard life from the look of her hands or her muscles.

"Magic business," said the girl, very solemnly. "My uncle is a trader in such artefacts. We were to sell to a rich client in the shack you saw me run from. The deal fell through when the client decided not to pay."

"Hold on!" Wilfred put up a hand. "Let me get my mind around this. Were you sent there on your own? Or was your uncle with you?"

"My uncle WAS with me," said the girl. "He did not leave that shack alive."

Wilfred raised an eyebrow in mild surprise. The girl seemed to be taking the death of her uncle very matter-of-factly.

"And this magic... um... artefact?" Wilfred asked. "Did the ruffians manage to take it from you."

"Oh no!" there a hint of a smile, and the girl drew out from her sleave a golden pendant on a fine chain. "Why do you think they wanted me so badly?"

Wilfred whistled lowly, impressed. "That's a pretty old-looking pendant there," he nodded. "So, what are you planning on doing now?"

"I have no plans," said the girl. "With my uncle dead, I have no idea where to go now."

"Well, tell you what," said Wilfred. "I'll find you a room at the Castle Alec. I've got some clout with old Forlego, and the steward practically raised me."

"Thank you," said the girl, as quiet and emotionless as ever. "I should like that."

Sir Wilfred offered her his arm, and they started towards the Castle, Wilfred keeping a careful eye on the possibility of any ruffians jumping out from alleyways, but none did.

"Oh, by the way," he said, breaking the silence halfway to the Castle, "I don't believe I know your name."

"Rendrissa," she replied.

"Sir Wilfred D'Antigon, pleased to meet you."
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Formendacil wrote:"The name's Starcloak," said the spy, with a hint of acidity.

"Course it is," said Wilfred. "But don't expect me to remember it. Just you see that YOU remember who you're talking to, Mr. Important-Spy-For-King-Forlego. I just happen to be the King's Ward, not to mention a prospective son-in-law. So watch who you go ordering around and calling young knight. Someday I might just be your boss!"
___After Sir Wilfred had left, Starcloak and Sir Doric headed for the gates of the castle, discussing the message. "Why does the king need me so urgently? What could he want?" Sir Doric asked.
___"I don't know, but he wants to you be there at nine o'clock tomorrow evening. He was hoping for today, but I believe it's too late now. If you'll excuse me, I'll leave you now." Leaving Sir Doric in the courtyard, he went to the throne room of the King.
___"Ah, Starcloak, you've returned. Did you find the knight? Good. Well, it's too late for what I was going to do now, but he'll be here tomorrow, correct?" asked King Forlego.
___"Yes, your majesty. Now, I wish to speak of another matter," Starcloak said. "If your majesty gives me leave, I shall return home for a few weeks. I trust my apprentices can keep you safe until then?"
___"They'd better be able to. Owl has just returned from Harn Island, he shall lead them in your absence, and Sparrow is also here in Wellestowne."
___Starcloak thanked the king and bowed, turning to leave, when he remembered another thing. "My leige, there is something else. That knight, Sir Wilfred... he is a good fighter, and a chivalrous knight, but he seems to be rather impetuous. He also believes that he is of higher rank than me. If he knew who I was, he might be less quick to say so.... I think he will be a great knight someday, and possibly a great leader, but he needs to work a little on relations with 'staff', as he'd probably label me. I'm sorry, my lord, I'm rambling. I must be off." Bowing again, Starcloak left the throne room.

___He went to the stables, and saddled his horse. He left, riding swiftly, through the west gate of Wellestowne. It would take him a few days, riding quickly, to reach his home.