Lego Castle the Video Game?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Invaderjes
Peasant

Post by Invaderjes »

Lego Castle would be a great game! I doubt they'd use any of the KKII characters since they've moved away from them, but still. I'd definately buy that game!
Of course, I'd probably eat up ANY Lego Star Wars type game, no matter what the theme was.
Except Clickits. Maybe.
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

You forgot Vikings!!!

I think Vikings would be like the Gamorean Guards, with the big axes!
MvH MontySCOUT
Serf

Post by MvH MontySCOUT »

To give a little idea what is easier to make.

a game like Age of empires is easier to make. and easier to make the graphics.

a 3D game with lego is almost unpossible... the movement of the lego soldiers, that is very ugly, we can't use knies so its not really a high tech solution... and with the aoe1 idea. you won't see it, and when you see march maybe 500 lego soldiers,(without knies) it isn't worse.

anyway I will hold the idea in my mind, and maybe I'll make one after I finished my study for programmer(will finish in 6 years...)

Nice idea, but almost unpossible to give it reality.
Lego?

yes Lego,
Play!
LegoWar
www.legowar.net
DerBum
Laborer

Post by DerBum »

I think they should should make a "Lego: Total War", like the Midieval and Rome games... I would love something like that, but the LSW format is more likely and would still be fun.
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

Well, we can all hope for the success of the next Lego games: Indiana Jones... and some other one I heard tale of. If those do well, there might be hope! Although, I would suppose Lego would have to create stories to go with the upcoming castle themes.
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

i think a rolplaying game would be great! You start as a pesent with a pitch fork and kill enemays to get gold and new wepins there would be taverns witch you could by health and armor and wepins
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

I like the "Age of Empires" idea. I loved that game until the only computer my parents would let me play games on crashed. :cry:
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

the "Age of Empires" idea is pretty good but how would they do the movement in strong hold they did blue screen but i don't know how they would do blue screen for legos But i still think it is a good idea
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
MaceyWindu
Laborer

Re: Lego Castle the Video Game?

Post by MaceyWindu »

Danju the Clever wrote:I was playing LSW and I thought, how great would a Lego Castle video game be?

It could cover all Castle eras, Vikings, and maybe even Ninjas!

Peasants would be like droids, they could operate levers and stuff but not much else.
Knights could be like Jedi, exept without the force and they couldn't deflect arrows.
Archers would be like Blaster characters.
Majisto, Willa and 2007 Necromancer would have magic similar to force powers.
Eck Cetera...

Wow, screw LSW, I want to play the game I just came up with! Does anyone else think this game should be made?
YES! The only game LEGO came out with for Castle was KK and to my understanding that was a gameboy only game like the original Mario. A Castle game like LSW, LIJ, and LB would be the greatest thing eva!

An Age of Empires format would rock also! I love that game and making it LEGO... wow!
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

There are several Castle elements in the Indiana Jones Lego Game (in the Last Crusade arc of course), and you can even weild a Castle style sword...perhaps this hints at the possibility of a Castle themed game in the future? One can hope...
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

sidewinderl wrote:There are several Castle elements in the Indiana Jones Lego Game (in the Last Crusade arc of course), and you can even weild a Castle style sword...perhaps this hints at the possibility of a Castle themed game in the future? One can hope...
Absolutely, and this was something I was meaning to post.

There's quite a lot of Castle elements in the game, including weaponry and horses- if Travellers Tales had the license and time, creating a game to accompany the recent fantasy-era resurgance could maybe be a possibility.
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

RichardAM wrote:
sidewinderl wrote:There are several Castle elements in the Indiana Jones Lego Game (in the Last Crusade arc of course), and you can even weild a Castle style sword...perhaps this hints at the possibility of a Castle themed game in the future? One can hope...

There's quite a lot of Castle elements in the game, including weaponry and horses- if Travellers Tales had the license and time, creating a game to accompany the recent fantasy-era resurgance could maybe be a possibility.
But considering they've only been doing Lucas Arts licensed products, I would say that is unlikely.

But we can HOPE!

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:
RichardAM wrote:

But considering they've only been doing Lucas Arts licensed products, I would say that is unlikely.

But we can HOPE!

God bless.

Tom
They're doing Batman next, and it'll be out around this September. The publisher is Warner Bros, so there's obviously no indication they're sticking to Lucas Arts.

Of course, that still means they've given no indication that they'll move away from these licensed products and do a game based on an original Lego theme either...
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

this looks like fun but the rating will have to pass a E or a E10 or lego will not make it. looks like that will rule out gore. so age of empiers type game is not likely to be made but their is still hope. roll playing games were ubjected in my famliy and I thoght that it was in others. That leaves the games like back lot where you do things for defrined frends.
KKI is the best KKI is the best
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

sidewinderl wrote:They're doing Batman next, and it'll be out around this September. The publisher is Warner Bros, so there's obviously no indication they're sticking to Lucas Arts.
Oh yes...I had forgotten about that.

Thanks.

God bless.

Tom
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]