New Castle theme - new roleplay?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

i agree with ziggy,but are we going to use our own personal characters(ie.prince sarous)or just make up new ones?
prince sarous
Riath Angel Sin, the soul reaping hexblade
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

ZIGGY! wrote:I think we should wait to see who's going to be posting. Then we can all decide on what factions we are using, then you can design a map.

~Ziggy
Ggggrrrr.....If it must be done.

I'm sure we could still use our originals CC characters.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Well in a roleplay everybody can make their own characters. I think we should make some sort of limitation, at least at a time on the ammount of characters per roleplayer. As for personal characters, they're fine except we probably rather not have them with any other worldly histories. That and the fact that they will have to fit into faction limitations so a prince would have to be made only for our factions.

~Ziggy
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

E of Alshire wrote:I nominate you. Seriously.

As far as I can see, you posted as much as much as either Nathan or Formandecil. I think you'd be great at that.
Lamanda2 wrote:I also second Ethan's nomination for you as a leader of this, you seem a perfect fit for the position.
Well, if you guys think I should do it, then I'd be more than happy to take that role. I don't think I'd be as good as Nathan, but I'd try my hardest for the sake of everyone's enjoyment.
Lord Nev wrote:I don't think the "leader" position should belong to one person alone. I think someone should be involved in the different elements of the roleplay. For instance, there is one person in charge of topography, another with factions, another with map, another with whatever comes up that we need. It takes alot of the responsibility off one person.
Whilst I can see the sense in what you're saying, I think the problem is that it becomes a bit scattered - there's no single person to turn to for information. Also, there was only about a dozen varying people in the first CCRP - if you have lots of different jobs, you end up with almost every member getting a unique position. What happens when new members start asking for their own positions?
Lord Nev wrote:Hhhmmmm....I'd love to do another roleplay. I'll design a map if you guys tell me what you want on it (i.e. mountains, valleys, rivers, seas, etc.). Frankly, I've always wanted to do somthing like this.

In fact, give me a basic list of city names, natural landmarks, territory lines (which teritory belongs to which faction), and topography. I'll make a map worthy of the CCRP.
Lord Nev wrote:As per ypour question Ziggy. I was going to arrange the factions on the map in such a manner. Regardless of who the leader is, can I still design a map? Please?
I appreciate the offer, and I'm sure you'll do it well. However, I think maps should be made only when we need them - just let the members make it up for themselves, and when it becomes too much to remember, then there'll be a map.
i agree with ziggy,but are we going to use our own personal characters(ie.prince sarous)or just make up new ones?
The old roleplay was a sort of mix, but it would probably be mostly new characters.
I'm sure we could still use our originals CC characters.
How? Do you mean just re-using the character details?

Basically, here's the idea that I was thinking of - let's go back to the Misfits era (the simple beginning of the roleplay). No pre-generated world, no extensive backstory, no staff positions, no large maps - just some players and their characters, one guy loosely in charge, and the stuff Lego Castle has given us and some good adventure to follow. What do you all think?

- Matt
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Basically, here's the idea that I was thinking of - let's go back to the Misfits era (the simple beginning of the roleplay). No pre-generated world, no extensive backstory, no staff positions, no large maps - just some players and their characters, one guy loosely in charge, and the stuff Lego Castle has given us and some good adventure to follow. What do you all think?

Sounds like a good plan to me. A clean slate sounds like the best way to start out.

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Retired roleplayer chipping in here --

I'm not going to have any part in this new roleplay because I simply have no time to. I fully encourage everyone in this endeavor, and wish you all the best of luck.

Note, though, that even if the roleplay starts out in a Misfits Era state, it will quickly evolve into a complex universe with backstory and everything else that comes with the territory.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I was thinking that the story should be set near this undead war. Maybe the years preceeding. Again are we doing many factions or just two or three?

~Ziggy
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Gong_Of_The_Farmer wrote:Retired roleplayer chipping in here --

I'm not going to have any part in this new roleplay because I simply have no time to. I fully encourage everyone in this endeavor, and wish you all the best of luck.

Note, though, that even if the roleplay starts out in a Misfits Era state, it will quickly evolve into a complex universe with backstory and everything else that comes with the territory.
Of course the world will grow but that doesn´t mean that we have to lead nations and so on.. we could still be that little band of adventurers in a growing world.... ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

lets start the profiles for the characters we will use
name,age,race,abilitys,weapons,etc.did i leave anything out?
name: syreen talbres
race:drow(dark elf)
abilitys: element magic,enchanting weapons, globe of pure darkness,levitation
weapons: a long bow, 200 shard tip arrows , 2 black mithril scimitars,a silver dagger, a comon mithril long sword
Last edited by sarous on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

I say the equipment used should have to be in Lego form. Like swords, sheilds, and armor. Y'(know) the big stuff. But if it's sumthin like a lock pick, forget it.

I also say, let's just do it and see what develops. If we do need a leader, then we can get one. However, this may be all for naught if we find out we don't need the planning.

We may not need a map but let's at least have a list of places so we know where to go.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

when are we actual going to star the rp story?
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

sarous wrote:when are we actual going to star the rp story?
When we've decided what it's about.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Note, though, that even if the roleplay starts out in a Misfits Era state, it will quickly evolve into a complex universe with backstory and everything else that comes with the territory.
Yes, I suppose that's inevitable, and frankly I don't really think it's a problem. I just want to avoid starting in a world that's already developed and defined.
Ziggy wrote:I was thinking that the story should be set near this undead war. Maybe the years preceeding. Again are we doing many factions or just two or three?

~Ziggy
Good idea! We could have a gradual build-up to the invasion, and then once the sets are released in the Summer, the roleplay could focus on the actual war.
Lord Nev wrote:We may not need a map but let's at least have a list of places so we know where to go.
We will need a map at some point, as Nathan said - but let's have it when we actually need it. The problem I see with creating a map before the players start roleplaying is that people are already constricted in what they do - already the world is limited. What was good about the Misfits Era was that nothing was mapped out or explained - it was just this giant world that was being explored by these characters.

Basically, here's the question I think we need to decide on: is it going to be set with the Classic Castle factions (like the old CCRP) or the 07 Castle?

- Matt
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

i think we should make our own factions
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

We tried 'own factions' with the last one it didn't work. Why, becuase an Rp means interaction. No offense but if you want to right about your own faction go wright you own story, I don't think that's what RP is for.

Adding to my line before( last post). Shortly after I saw the new sets I thought: "Gee, this will make a good story" So I started planning my own story when this thread popped up. I have not written it yet but here was my prolouge (Unfortunately it's rather generic)

100 ears ago in the Kigdom of Wherever a group of governers and nobles decided that King Whoever was to much of a control freak so they rebelled. The nation was divided, the knights of the king flew thier blue flags sporting the royal sybol of the king. To show complete opposition the rebels dressed in red and began building a fortress in a valley to the northwest of the main kingdom. A bloody civil war erupted and many towns and cities were massacred and burned. The king's army prevailed and succeeded in forcing the enemy into thier little valley, using the advantage of hieght they destroyed the army by rainning arrows, stones and dead bodies unto their foes. Now just the few generals and leaders of the rebellion,with a small group of troops retreated into the unfinished fortress. The fortress was burned and all the dead commanders were found except for the original Lord Whatever who would have been viceroy. The valley was forbidden in law as a territory outside of the kingdom. The death tool in that area was so great the greatest men of Wherever could not near it and so the bodies were left there to fall against time...

Note: Since then the kingdom has advanced greatly in all fields and keeps a strong military even though it is a peaceful nation. I was going to somehow make this unfound leader the necromancer somehow...

~Ziggy
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

He'd have to be one heck of a necromancer to raise all those men from the dead.