New Castle theme - new roleplay?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I sort of have an idea for that. the guy had some magical abilities and protected himself by shielding himself for a century, this allowed him to gain power as he was basically lying in magic. Besides no one said it takes a second, it could take him another year before the army is ready!

~Ziggy
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Cool! The magic thing could pose a problem. We can discuss story later (though) when we get the roleplay going and decide if we're even doing the roleplay.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I think we should decide now. Who is interested in doing this? We need to know how many of us can post at least one solid post a week. So, who's in?

~Ziggy
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

I would be interested in joining, but right now life is a little too crazy for me to post once a week.

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Well, I was thinking of starting this on the 31st January, as that would be the same date that the first CCRP began.

- Matt
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Well then, we have three days to decide what we're gonna do. Sir Khoran seeing as you seem to be the boss I suggest you write up some sort of basic rules. Are we going with the story line that I suggested or something else.

Last but not least, what factions are we using, everything, that would be pretty overwhelming, maybe we can start in one are and slowly expand. So, what's it gonna be?

~Ziggy
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

Personally, I think that allowing every official faction would be the way to go. It isn't really overwhelming, it's just that you have better options.

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Okay, it seems fairly obvious that for the setting, we need to choose one or the other:

1. Use the old factions

2. Use the new sets

I am not going to decide, because it is such a big decision that I think we should all vote on it. Personally, I would rather go with the old stuff, as they are far more possibilites than the mere two factions of 2007, and also because the new sets haven't come out yet so we can't really do much with them. However, that's just IMO. Everyone should vote on the matter, for either 1 or 2.

- Matt
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Before we go with one or two. Why can't we have new plus let's say Forestmen and Black Falcons or something. But if you're going with your plan then I'll vote for:

~Ziggy
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

I want to roleplay. I have never before. Can someone explain how all this works?
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Sir Kohran wrote:Okay, it seems fairly obvious that for the setting, we need to choose one or the other:

1. Use the old factions

2. Use the new sets

I am not going to decide, because it is such a big decision that I think we should all vote on it. Personally, I would rather go with the old stuff, as they are far more possibilites than the mere two factions of 2007, and also because the new sets haven't come out yet so we can't really do much with them. However, that's just IMO. Everyone should vote on the matter, for either 1 or 2.

- Matt
Since the new theme was what spawned this anyway we should probably base it around that, no?

Otoh, I would prefer older factions ;)

So, what about having the new crown faction as rulers of the country and ALL old factions as squabbling barons, dukes and what-not?
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

I'd also prefer old factions.

But I could do a post a week. I'm in!
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

PunkRockCowboy wrote:I want to roleplay. I have never before. Can someone explain how all this works?
Well basically, you create your own character(s) and start writing a story without a real plan. Other players have thier own characters and you eventually interact. For example: I have a little boy running away from some thieves, Sir kohran sees my post and has his knight riding by and saves my character, then we both go to the castle or something....

What mainly happens is we take turns writing about both our characters.

~Ziggy
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

It seems that most of us want to use the old factions. Also, by using them we can build our characters, though the new stuff hasn't come out yet so we can't do much with it. Are we agreed on this? How about we start with the new stuff in summer, when it comes out? We could go with Ziggy's storyline and build up to their arrival.

Anyhow, as to the rules, I think we can just work with the old rules (with some modifications):

All characters created by members should use this format.

Character's Name
Character's Age
Character's Background (family history, etc.)
Character's Faction (choose from the factions below)
Character's Place in Hierarchy (King, peasent, knight, etc.)
Character's Equipment (what the character carries, sword, bow, magic potions, etc.)
Other Information
Character's Looks (picture URL, picture must not be bigger than 400x400 pixels. If you have no picture discribe character's torso design, head design, hair color, etc.)

The factions available are:

Black Falcons
Black Knights
Bull Knights
Classic LEGOland
Crusaders
Dark Forest
Dragon Masters
Forestmen
Fright Knights
Knight's Kingdom
Knight's Kingdom II
Ninja
No Faction
Pirates
Royal Knights
Shadow Knights
Vikings
Wolfpack

There will be a separate thread created for the beginning of the roleplay on the 31st of January. All story posts will go there.

When you post, write as if it was a story - tell us what your character is doing; describe everything they say and do in third person. Whilst you can have other members' charactes saying and doing things without need of their permission, make sure it is consistent and realistic with how they have written their characters. Also, you cannot kill other peoples' characters without their agreement.

Be realistic. No-one is invincible - one warrior will not fight a hundred enemies and live through it (unless there is a good reason for it, like a powerful spell).

Wizards and fantasy race characters are allowed -for example, an Elven Forestmen - but they should be fairly limited in number and should not be overly-powerful (see the previous rule). The majority of member characters should be normal humans and average in strength.

Currently, there are no maps/grids we need to work from, so just describe journeys in your posts. Once the world has been explored a bit, a map will probably be designed to refer from.

Is this okay? I'll write it up properly sometime, assuming this gets going.

- Matt
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

So I can't make my new faction character :cry:

Fine then can we make characters now or should we wait to post tommorow, also I presume you get first post right?

~Ziggy