Classic-Castle Roleplay - Gaming Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

The next morning, Rolyn rose from his cot in the Hall, and decided to take a stroll around the camp. Most of the soldiers were still in tents while the families had stayed in the Hall. Most of them were still asleep, but some of of the soldiers were stumbling aroud with heavy hang-overs. Olar hobled over, "G'mornin' sir, ooh..."
"Ha ha! I see the ale did ya' well?"
"Aye... but I think I'll go lie down..."
"You do that!" Rolyn said giving him a friendly nudge toward his tent.
"CHAWGE!!!" Rolyn dodged out of the way as a two foot warrior flew by! But, of coarse, it was Tim wearing an over sized helmet, complete with horns! A gang of other younglings ran by brandishing stick-swords and rock-arrows!
"Oh no!" Rolyn cried in mock-terror.
"Get 'em!" Tim commanded, as the group scrambled across the village...

(Waiting for something to happen I guess... Quolde was supposed to come to the village right?)
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Maedhros wrote:“Time to put aside our differences, perchance?” Lucius said. He shot a glance at Diana who was smiling slightly again. “And now… what did the Falconians say?”
“Oh…” She sighed deeply. “They had problems of their own… Skeletons…”

“They seem to be everywhere, don’t they?” Lucius said hoarsely. He sat down heavily and gazed into the fire. It’s at these times you really wonder if it’s worth fighting…

“And harsh words won’t help us, will they?” Diana suddenly said. Lucius jumped at her words, as if he had even forgotten she were there, but then he nodded slowly.

“I’m sorry…” He bowed his head to Accalia and then turned back to the fire. “I’m just…”

“…frightened…” Accalia whispered, as much to herself as to Lucius. He nodded slightly.

“This is not at all like the last war… something is terribly wrong…”

At those words there was a knock on the door. Aetius rolled his eyes but Diana gave him an ugly look and after a quick glance at Accalia she called:

“Enter!”

The door slowly creaked open and Toratsugu entered with light footsteps. He inclined his head to Lucius and then he sat down on the floor before Accalia and bowed.

“Hail to thee Queen Accalia, Avatar of the Celestial Dragon!”

Then he stood up again and bowed to both Aetius and Diana, who along with Accalia looked quite shocked. Lucius couldn’t help but smirk slightly. He winked at Diana and mouthed:

“T-A-K-A-G-I-Y-O-S-H-I-N”

She nodded and gave him a quick smile before she stood up and bowed.

“I am honoured Sôke Takagiyoshin. Welcome to Florentia.”

Toratsugu nodded appreciatively to her and then he turned to Accalia who curtsied confusedly.

“I have come to your glorious capital together with 3996 of my kinsmen and women. We are at your service, Your Holiness.”

Accalia still looked utterly perplexed. She cast a glance at the smiling Diana and turned back to Toratsugu.

“I… I am honoured. Welcome to Dardanilium and Florentia. Our… home is yours.”

Toratsugu bowed once again.

“And you… can… go now… if you wish.”

With yet another bow Toratsugu answered:

“Thank you, Your Holiness.”

And then, after a wink at Lucius he bowed once to both Diana, Lucius and the stunned-looking Aetius, and turned on his heels and walked out.

As the door closed behind his back Accalia fell down on the divan with a deep sigh.

“Why did he call me ‘Your Holiness’?”

“He referred to you as an Avatar of the Celestial Dragon, didn’t he?” Diana chuckled.

“Well… I am supposed to be, am I not? But…”

“Remember that the Celestial Dragon is as sacred to the Ninjans as it is to us”, Lucius said.

“It is?”

“It is.”

And there was another knock on the door. Accalia sighed, got up on her feet and straightened up.

“Oh, for the Dragon’s sake, I’d rather take on the skeletons any day.”
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Bulloth sat by a stream cleaning the gore off his hammer. He had been heading south, following the rumors of a large man in armor named Max. Maybe it was his old friend, or maybe it was an impostor, in which case Bulloth would have to kill the man.

It was as Bulloth had been crossing the stream with a forest on the western side when ten orcs came charging out of the forest behind him. Bulloth quickly disposed of four of them with a single swing of his hammer and slaughtered the others as they tried to escape.

"Cursed creatures! Filth of the earth!" Bulloth cursed in his extremely deep voice as he continued to clean his weapon.

As he began his long march south again, Bulloth couldn't help but wonder, if he had managed to seal himself to this armor, did that mean others of his home land were doing the same? If so, were they searching for him? Or would they be looking for the Necromancer, the only son of the Death Mage, to claim revenge?

Bulloth could only wonder, and hope that none of his countrymen were foolish enough to try and kill the Necromancer on their own.
Dwarves shall conquer all!!!
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

Rolyn was... uneasy. He had been up all night tossing and turning. The mysterious Max had been in the village for three days, and still nothing was known about him. He hadn't even seen his face. Rolyn just had to know...

~~~~~

Rolyn made his way across the snoring camp to Max's tent. He taped on the frame, "Hello?"
Nothing
"Max?"
He started turn, thinking himself a fool for sneaking around at night. As he turned he caught a view of the fire. The guards had fallen asleep but one figure was still awake staring into the flames. An epesially tall figure...
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Max sat by the fire thinking back on all the years of life stolen from him by the orcs and skeletons of the Death Mage's army.

As Max continued to watch the flames, he heard footsteps behind him. Having just thought of orcs, Max drew his sword and spun on the spot preparing to slice the intruder in half. Max's blade was a mere inch from Rolyn's neck when Max stopped the blade before it killed the viking leader.

"Sorry," Max mumbled, ashamed that he had jumped to conclusions and nearly killed an innocent by doing so. Max sheathed the blade and resumed his watch of the night.

After a few moments of awkward silence, Max asked rather curtly, "Well, what do you need?"
[url=http://brickroleplaying.freeforums.org][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Doodstorm ... banner.png[/img][/url]
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

Rolyn was in complete shock. The speed of the man was incredible. After he regained his composure. He answered, "Who are you?" An odd question, he thought, but it had to be asked, "Really, who are you?"...
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Maedhros wrote:“Oh, for the Dragon’s sake, I’d rather take on the skeletons any day.”
“Come in”, Diana called and with a low creaking the door opened and with a low thudding of a staff, a tall man in red and black robes with a golden crown adorning his head walked in. He walked right up to Accalia who habitually held out her hand. He took it and kissed it, and after a moment’s hesitation she leaned closer and kissed him upon the cheek.

“May the heavens smile upon thee, Mistress.”

“And mayest thou never falter in the reverence of thy Mistress.”

After that he turned away from her and bowed to the others who answered his bows. Accalia sat down beside Aetius again and cast a glance at Lucius.

“Good eve, Caelestinus”, Diana said with an approving smile, “what brings you here?”

“I came here seeking Grandmaster Alcander of the Order of the Twilight.”

“Oh, no need to be so formal, Patricius”, Lucius said as he laid his gaze upon the High Priest. Accalia snorted but he ignored her.

“I…”

“You can speak freely in front of these people”, Lucius said in a grim voice, “we all trust each other, don’t we?”

A heavy silence laid itself upon them and after a few moments Patricius spoke:

“I am… concerned… Concerned about the future of Dardanilium.”

“Aren’t we all?” Lucius sighed with a glance at Accalia.

“Of course we all are, Caelestinus”, Accalia sighed.

“And I think…” He cleared his throat and looked at the floor, “we ought to do more.”

“More?” Lucius said with an inquisitive look. There was no mistaking the urgency in his voice.

“Our people are panicked… we count the beggars around the temples in the thousands… people think we are living in the end-times…”

“Grandmaster Alcander has come home from the Ninjans with a fleet and an army of seasoned warriors. I think the time has come to strike.”

Accalia looked about as surprised at her own words as Lucius and Patricius did. The cousins eyed each other suspiciously and then Lucius turned to Accalia.

“I am… glad…”

”I am not”, Accalia said sternly, “but…”

“It’s for the greater good”, Diana finished. Lucius glanced at her and was sure that she gave him a slight wink before he turned back to Accalia.

“I am yours to command, milady”, Lucius said. Accalia actually smiled faintly as she answered:

“I know. And the Dardanilian army is yours.”
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

And I doing this right; posting a short story that ties in with everyone elses stuff?
This takes place in the Crusading territory.

Sir John de Montalon walked around the grounds listening to the frogs and birds whistle in the night. With his armor on, it prevented his movement, but still aloud him to walk comfortably.
England was beautiful at night with the winter snow flakes circling around him. He listened carefully, and he could sometimes here them hit the ground. The lights of the castle were all going out, and people began to make their way to their beds and sleep. The thought of sleep entered John’s mind, but he also remembered that he had to make the long ride back. Lady Helen’s meal had filled his stomach for the long ride. Although he was not looking forward to it, he was ready for it.
As he approached the sables, a young girl was saddling a horse next to his. The necklace around her neck was the same as the neckless that was around his neck. He approached his horse, and stroked the mane, saying a name soothingly. The young girl did not speak to John, as there was nothing to say. Their betrothal was now set. He remembered how their two families had grasped hands around them, and how they had said their vows.
He remembered what they had done, only a couple hours ago. ‘John set the necklace around her head, and faceted it around her neck. His betrothal did the same, and fastened the necklace around his neck.’
“Are we ready,” said a man or a large warhorse with a spear in his hand. John set his foot in the stirrup, and swung his leg over the other side. The girl did the same. John grasped her hand for a moment, then let go. They rode out from the stables; the snow encircled them, as they road into the late fall night. Grace road on ahead with the guard, and John took a path off to the right, over to the crusading army.

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Matt BeDar
Archer

Post by Matt BeDar »

Bulloth had arrived at a small town. More appropriately, what had once been a walled town, but was now just a gutted, burned out husk with no living creatures besides some rats and other pests.

As Bulloth approached where the town's wall had been breached, he saw more skeletons then there should have been with a village this size. That could only mean that the Necromancer's hordes were moving south, leaving a path of destruction in their wake that grew larger each day.

Bulloth was about to enter a building that was still standing, when a dull thump sounded behind him. Before he could turn to see where the noise had come from, a large scimitar slid under his helmet.

"Die, demon scum!" the blades wielder bellowed behind Bulloth as he whipped the blade across and through Bulloth's neck.

The giant figs head landed with a thunk and rolled for several moments before coming to a stop.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

Feldered considered himself a tough man. One had to be if you wanted discipline in the ranks of the militia. But he had never come up against defiance such as this.

The recruit stared at him sullenly. He had joined the militia for adventure, not endless drilling and work. He slouched against the fence, arms folded, obsinately refusing to do the mundane camp work. He was a volunteer! The militia owed him something! With a grimace, he grunted monosyllabicaly for the fifth time.
"Won't."

Feldered knew how to deal with recruits like this. Before, he had been merely pig-headed. This was bordering on insubordination. Without warning, he lashed out, dealing the stupid donkey a vicious right hook, knocking him off his feet.

The recruit was momentarily astonished, then angry. He wasn't going to take this from a puffed-up old fogey like the sergeant! Snarling, he kicked at Feldered's legs and quickly pushed himself up.

Feldered skipped aside, letting the recruit get to his feet. The recruit took a wild swing, tipping himself off balance. Feldered knocked up his forearm so that the blow went over his head, then ducked and twirled. He stood halfway up at the last moment so that his shoulder thumped into the recruit's ribs while his elbow slammed into his unfortunate groin.

Squealing in pain, the recruit fell to his knees, eyes streaming. Feldered strolled of, watching as the recruit tottered in the direction of the parade grounds, wanting nothing more than to be back with his battalion and drill. Anything was better than facing that sergeant.

Feldered smiled. He hadn't had so much fun for a while.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

(Terribly sorry this got done so late. I'll have more later.)
I wrote:___"Thank you," Quolde said. He took his wand out of the lean-to, and waved it over himself, changing his appearance to that of an aged Bull peasant, then set off towards the beach.

Location: The forest, near the east coast of the Bulls' Territory.

___Quolde walked towards the beach, passing an abandoned camp, probably left from the fishermen who traveled up and down the coast every winter. There were a few Bull shields scattered around, but they were the only indication of which faction had been there.
___Moving the plants aside, he stepped out onto the beach. Up the shore a small distance there were several long ships pulled up on the sand. Many people were busy with what looked like the construction of a village; though the houses were of a different style than any Quolde had seen before.
___As he came closer, he heard them speaking in a strange, melodic tongue. A man noticed him approaching, and called out to him. Quolde realized that he was walking too briskly for his disguise, and slowed to a shuffle. The man who had noticed him turned and shouted something into the village. A few moments later, a much younger man, with the air of a leader, came striding through the half-completed houses, followed by another, slightly older man. "Greetings, father. My name is Rolyn, and I'm chieftain of this village. This is my friend Olar," he said, gesturing at the man beside him. "Who might you be?"
___Well, he's polite, Quolde thought. "My name is—Kolt," he said. "Good to meet you, Rolyn."
___"What brings you to our village?" the chieftain asked.
___"Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't know that you were building a village here, and I—oh, dash it, I can't keep this up. My name is actually Quolde," he said. "And, well, I'm a wizard." He took his wand out from under his tunic and waved it around himself again, reverting his appearance. Olar stepped back, startled; but Rolyn was unmoved.
___"Welcome to my village, Quolde," he said.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Captain Reeve strode quickly to his quarters. He selected a nasty looking katana from his weapon rack, strapping the sheath about his shoulders. He removed his hood, revealing the vicious face of a parvadaemon, streaked with jagged black and red stripes. He cloaked his shoulders with what appeared to be a crisp linen cape. He walked to the mirror.

Reeve closed his eyes, focusing intently. The mottled streaks across his face slowly recede into an extremely pale, handsome visage. He donned a strange helmet, stolen from an exotic mountian tribe, that concealed his sallow features and smoothly strode out of his room again.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Gagyur heard footsteps. He looked up at his doorway, seeing an oddly-dressed stranger.
"What are you doing here? Who are you?"

The stranger lifted his visored helmet, revealing a sallow face. There was something familiar about it, a cold savageness that he had noticed before...
"Captian Reeve?"

"It is I. Are you ready?"

Gagyur was mystified at the transformation, but he did not show it as he nodded and stood.
"What is our destination?"

"We are going on a very special raid. I hope you're packed for a long journey." With that, Reeve strode down the corridor. Gagyur hesitantly followed. After several minute's quick walking, they came to the courtyard, where a group of rough-looking assorted soldiers waited. Reeve gestured to a gaurd atop the gatehouse, and the portcullis clanked upwards as the doors slowly creaked outward.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

OOC:
Prince Imdol wrote:And I doing this right; posting a short story that ties in with everyone elses stuff?

You should start by posting a character in the planning thread. But yes, other than that you are doing it right.
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord Tyler II
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Tyler II »

Rolyn's serious tone hide his surprise!
A Wizard?!
He had read of such people but never had he thought he'd meet one! He had to be cautious.
"What is your purpose in our village, Quolde?"

He isn't that serious...