IndyLUG BrickQuest game

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

IndyLUG BrickQuest game

Post by Crazylegoman »

IndyLUG had a BrickQuest game on November 19. Our games are a little more complex, since we created an advanced set of rules to make the game more challenging and flexible (but they still use Peter Guenther's core rule system). Credit for this BrickQuest game goes to LEGO Ambassador Jeramy Spurgeon who created the advanced set of rules and built the entire landscape for this game.

IndyLUG has played BrickQuest games a few times before in the last year or so. Jeramy was worried that the LEGO gaming community thought that BrickQuest was dead, since no one had posted anything about playing it in quite a while in the Yahoo BrickQuest group. He asked that I post some pics of the game so that other BrickQuesters would know that there are other people out there who are still interested in medieval style LEGO role playing games.

Our characters had to make their way through the wilderness and over a bridge. Then they had to fight their way into the Necromancer's tower. After defeating the enemies within the tower they discovered a secret tunnel leading away from the tower. They followed that to the river monster's lair and finally to the Necromancer's hidden chamber, where a little luck and a good dose of tactical thinking lead the team of adventurers to victory.

The entire gallery of pictures can be seen here. Please note that the link goes to just the first of two pages of thumbnails.

Overall I thought that the layout was very well thought out and built. Jeramy did a great job of making a rolling coutryside instead of the boring old flat baseplated landscape. We all had a great time finding the secrets of the tower and just playing the game in general.

Enjoy!

David
Chuck06
Peasant

Post by Chuck06 »

Our games are a little more complex, since we created an advanced set of rules to make the game more challenging and flexible (but they still use Peter Guenther's core rule system). Credit for this BrickQuest game goes to LEGO Ambassador Jeramy Spurgeon who created the advanced set of rules and built the entire landscape for this game.
Is there any chance someone has posted a copy of these advanced rules online? I always felt BrickQuest was a little too simple.

-chuck
"In destinies sad or merry,
True men can but try"
-Sir Gawain and the Green Knight 564-5
Crazylegoman
Bailiff

Post by Crazylegoman »

Chuck06 wrote:Is there any chance someone has posted a copy of these advanced rules online? I always felt BrickQuest was a little too simple.
We have them online, but it's a file in a group that requires a password. PM me if you're interested, and I can email you the pdf file.

David
♪ "Whether I'm the last one alive, or ascend before my time
Better I'm the last one alive, than a soul denied" ♫ —Demon Hunter