Attention all BrickWorld attendees!
The guys in charge of laying out where each theme will have tables in the display hall have finally given me the official map. The Castle area will be along the front wall near the entrance of the main display hall. (It had been along the back wall originally.) The tables for Castle are basically in a big "Ü" shape, with the open end of the Ü up against the wall, allowing an area in the middle to sit/talk/hide from stupid crown questions/etc. There will
be stanchions around the tables to keep people from touching. (What is it about shiny LEGO swords that turn kids into little thieves?)
In order to do as much preplanning as we can, I'll need to know what people are bringing for the collaborative display. I realize that there will be at least a few attendees who will bring Castle MOC's but don't read the forums here. I will try to work in everything that I can, but in the event that we run out of room, those who have replied here in the Classic-Castle.com forums will get first priority.
There are some MOC's, like farm/field sections, where we can more or less wing it when it comes to arranging them in a collaborative display. Other types of MOC's, like CCC walls, will need more careful planning to make sure that they all come together in a coherent arrangement. In order to have a layout plan ready, I'll need to know what people will be bringing in these main areas:
Castle Wall Sections
• What size of walls are you bringing? - CCC
or Tall Wall
• Which shape are they? - straight, corner (tower) or gate
• How many of each shape & size?
• What color are your walls? - Walls are assumed to be mostly light gray, unless specified otherwise
• Do you have a way of labeling your trees? - Something simple like a dot of paint underneath each works. Custom foliage doesn't need this, of course.
• What size and how many field sections are you bringing?
• Are you bringing a Base8 area? What size and shape is it?
• Are you bringing Forestmen MOC's? Do you have plenty of forest for them to inhabit, or do you need others to help with the greenery?
• Are you bringing any nonfarm landscaping features? - ponds, caves, etc.
• Are you bringing any stand-alone MOC's that can go in the collaborative display?
• What size are they?
• Will you be staging any massive battles?
• Please note that stand-alone castle MOC's don't have to be displayed with the main Castle display if you don't want them to be. You can sign up for your own MOC tables on the BrickWorld website.
• We're not sure if we're going to have a naval/landing area. It will depend on interest.
• No height-upping beaches or cliffs will be needed; all the tables we're using are the same height.
• Is anyone bringing Viking or other medieval age ships?
• If you have ships, do you have a decent number of blue baseplates for water?
Feel free to reply to this thread, PM me or email me at
• The normal rate for the hotel where BrickWorld
will be held at is $230 per night. The special BrickWorld rate
is HALF that. Plus if you room with someone, that cuts the special $115 per night rate in half. After June 14 the rate jumps back up to $230 per night, so don't forget to book your room.
• Blank green baseplates are always welcome at a Castle layout. If you have some extra, please bring them.
See you there!
♪ "Need I remind you that we are an army, and armies engage, yes armies engage when the threat is too much to ignore" ♫ —Jonah33