Page 1 of 1

BrickWorld galleries thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:21 pm
by Bruce N H
Hey all,

I just saw the first pics, so I figured I'd start a thread for these. When you find a gallery of images from BrickWorld on Brickshelf, Flickr, etc, link it here.

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/brickjournal/sets/72157600426915949/]Joe Meno - BW day 1
Image Image Image[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=261575]Hinckley:
Image Image Image Image[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/72635252@N00/sets/72157600458761448/]Captain Redstorm:
Image Image Image Image Image[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:46 am
by The Blue Knight
I saw a blue Hungarian Horntail! Is that a paint job, or something that got past me?

That black castle with the brick detailing in the style of the one at BrickFest 2006 (I can't recall the builder, Steve DeCramer?) looks like a tour de force.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:35 pm
by wunztwice
Alot of sweet stuff here but it is this...

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/brickjournal/586138925/in/set-72157600426915949/]Image
pic=link[/url]

..I am MOST interested in!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:56 am
by Crazylegoman
The Blue Knight wrote:I saw a blue Hungarian Horntail! Is that a paint job, or something that got past me?

That black castle with the brick detailing in the style of the one at BrickFest 2006 (I can't recall the builder, Steve DeCramer?) looks like a tour de force.


That's a paint job, and a very nicely done one I might add. He also added arms to it.

...and yes, Steve DeCramer built the black castle with the brick detailing.

wunztwice wrote:Alot of sweet stuff here but it is this...

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/brickjournal/586138925/in/set-72157600426915949/]Image
pic=link[/url]

..I am MOST interested in!!!


He did a very good job on those farm animals. He should have plenty for sale too, once they come in. I believe he told me 1000 of the pink pigs are due in next week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:49 pm
by Shadowviking
The Blue Knight wrote:I saw a blue Hungarian Horntail! Is that a paint job, or something that got past me?

Soon from Brickforge, apparently...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:59 pm
by Donut
Shadowviking wrote:
The Blue Knight wrote:I saw a blue Hungarian Horntail! Is that a paint job, or something that got past me?

Soon from Brickforge, apparently...


Thats news to me. Hope it doesn't cost too much :? .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:27 pm
by Bruce N H

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:39 pm
by The_Vanquished
A lot of these creations are really great, but I have a question.Sorry about the large picture.


http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/PepaQuin/Events/Brickworld07/Assorted/brickworld2054.jpg

Who was this made by? It looks a lot like Cajun's smaller dragon, but, its huge! Also, what is the tail made of?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:56 pm
by smcginnis
Looks like it was lots of fun. Some really great stuff there.

The_Vanquished wrote:A lot of these creations are really great, but I have a question.Sorry about the large picture.


http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/PepaQuin/Events/Brickworld07/Assorted/brickworld2054.jpg

Who was this made by? It looks a lot like Canjun's smaller dragon, but, its huge! Also, what is the tail made of?


It's also Cajun(Bryce McGlone)'s. I think it was around before the smaller one. I don't know the construction of the tail, but the 'skin' (which is also on the belly and wings) is lots of these flexible sail/wing pieces.

~smcginnis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:45 am
by The_Vanquished
smcginnis wrote:Looks like it was lots of fun. Some really great stuff there.

The_Vanquished wrote:A lot of these creations are really great, but I have a question.Sorry about the large picture.


http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/PepaQuin/Events/Brickworld07/Assorted/brickworld2054.jpg

Who was this made by? It looks a lot like Canjun's smaller dragon, but, its huge! Also, what is the tail made of?


It's also Cajun(Bryce McGlone)'s. I think it was around before the smaller one. I don't know the construction of the tail, but the 'skin' (which is also on the belly and wings) is lots of these flexible sail/wing pieces.

~smcginnis


Ahh, I see. Thats what I was wondering. I didn't know Cajun was Bryce McGlone, his creations have always been some of my favorites, like "The Rack," and "Big Blue." "Agiel" was another favorite.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:38 pm
by Cajun
Who was this made by? It looks a lot like Cajun's smaller dragon, but, its huge! Also, what is the tail made of?


The big dragon is mine too. It's the same one shown at BF06, but I "fixed" the tail and neck. I never liked the way they posed (or didn't pose).

The new tail is made by connecting "rings" of those Ewok wings so they fit together like a long chain. Then you just kind of drag it where you want it and viola! it's done. There's no real articulation and the whole thing is just those wings. There's no internal structure.

And thanks for the compliments on my other stuff. Cajun = Bryce McGlone's doggie :P