Fun in the Park Wilsonville, OR 2008 GPLR display

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Fun in the Park Wilsonville, OR 2008 GPLR display

Post by The Blue Knight »

My club, the Greater Portland Lego Railroaders (GPLR), set up a display for the third year at Fun in the Park in Wilsonville, Oregon on Saturday August 2nd. We had a great spot near the front of the "Fun." The weather was nice and we had a great time.

Follow this link http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=334801 to get to the pix. There are a disproportionate number of castle pictures. The castle is Helm's Deep, the version I built a couple of years ago. I was never happy with the keep, so I am reworking it. If you look closely you'll see a sneak peak of new Rohirrim coming to BrickCon in October :wink:

PS, how in the heck do you computer-savvy castlers make the picture/link thing?
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

That is one awesome big blue castle and wall! The activity in the scene is done very well. I have always liked usign the basic colors for castles. Might go back to the original Yellow Castle.

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

Very nice castle, I never imagined using blue to create castles. Props to you on a job well done!

Here's how to do a picture link: (Quote me in thread and it will show you the way)

Edit: The photo is a bit large :roll:

Blue Knight's Castle
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheBlueKnight/FunInThePark/100_3538.jpg

EDIT: Too large. Changed to a link. Mod
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Munchy
Foot Soldier

Post by Munchy »

I really like the castle. Blue. Whooda thunk? :D