BrickFest 2006 Castle Room

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
architect
Baron von Ellermann

BrickFest 2006 Castle Room

Post by architect »

BrickFest 2006 – Castle Room

BrickFest will be held this year on from Friday August 25th to Sunday August 27th at the Sheraton Premier at Tyson’s Corner. Read more details here:

http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=3410

I am pleased to announce that I have volunteered to be the Castle Room Coordinator with Cyndi Bradham as the Co-Coordinator. If you plan to attend, please post the types of sessions and events you are interested in. Cyndi and I will post our ideas for sessions soon.

Ben Ellermann
Last edited by architect on Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

It's only the end of February and i'm already pumped for this year's Brickfest event!!! I plan on making more contributions to this year's castle room (you may remember my castle wall segment, Forestmen's Triumph / Ye Old Computer Shoppe', from last year).

I'd really like to see a session on large scale castle building. As i've had the opportunity to see many of these amazing creations in person, it always amazes me just how much planning and work goes into it. Maybe a session on lessons learned and what are the best / most useful pieces people have come across (perhaps some they thought were useless but actually turned out to be the most useful!).

Let me know if i can help out with the castle room this year. I'm going to try to bring more items (including a bunch of castle wall segments, many just as fillers to add to the size of the layout).
-Joe "Cool"
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Joe,

I am sorry I did not notice your post sooner. Large scale building is also interesting to me. I usually build smaller mocs so we need to look for an experienced builder to talk on this. Anthony would be great but he probably will not be able to attend. If you have anyone in mind, let me know and I will contact them.

Ben
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

I will be going, and was hoping to teach some kind of class on Minifig customization, involving all the aspects of decal application, sculpting, molding, and casting. That being said..... what about a custom castle minifig section?

I don't know exactly how Joe is going to set everything up this year (I've got to talk to him about it, actually), but if there isn't a specific room/area for custom minifigs, then I think it would be an idea to consider. Especially after seeing all of the great entries in this year's CCC3!
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

I'll talk to my parents about this. I really want to contribute to this year's Brickfest.