Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Triquetra on the Viking Shield

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.

Postby Jansen » Tue May 13, 2008 2:10 am

wobnam wrote:Hey, don't give any germans credit for Vikings ;)

You mention Istanbul, jokkna; I guess most Americans who don't already know will be surprised to learn that Vikings also went across the Atlantic Ocean to America 500 years before Columbus.

Ya, and luckily they didn't kill, maim, enslave, and start the series of events that would bring about the end for several native civilizations in the Americas like Columbus and his band of idiots did!
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
flickr
Jansen
Steward

Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Postby Voran_the_Scholar » Tue May 13, 2008 11:11 pm

Jansen wrote:
wobnam wrote:Hey, don't give any germans credit for Vikings ;)

You mention Istanbul, jokkna; I guess most Americans who don't already know will be surprised to learn that Vikings also went across the Atlantic Ocean to America 500 years before Columbus.

Ya, and luckily they didn't kill, maim, enslave, and start the series of events that would bring about the end for several native civilizations in the Americas like Columbus and his band of idiots did!

Not to get off topic or anything ( :roll: ), but I have a few things to say on the topic. Not that I am justifying it at all, but slavery was a world-wide practice, and completely acceptable back then. And if it wasn't Columbus, it would have been someone else.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

Flickr
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Previous

Return to Medieval Life