Historical Action Figures

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Damien
Grammer Guru

Historical Action Figures

Post by Damien »

While not strictly 'medieval life' related, I figured there's probably people here unaware of this that might be interested. Unimax Toys has finally released the first wave of their 'Ages of Action' toyline.

It's a 1:18 scale (like G.I. Joes and Star Wars) line of articulated, highly detailed action figures based on historical warriors. The first wave includes a Templar Knight, Norman Knight, Roman Soldier, 'Ninja' and Samurai. There was also an ancient Egyptian warrior slotted in the line, but it seems to have been delayed.

FoxHoleToys has excellent pictures here: http://store.foxholetoys.com/agofac1sc.html

You can also get them from SmallJoes, here:
http://www.smalljoes.com/forces-of-valo ... tion.shtml

Small Joes has all of the figures in stock, and a good deal on the entire set of five if you want them all.

Anyway, not sure how many of you actually collect this sort of thing. But I'm really, really liking these figures. And I think most medieval buffs should treat themselves at least to the two knights. They're really excellent. At the least, they look great on a bookshelf standing menacingly in front of your history tomes.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
Hound Knight
Artiste De Sigifigs

Post by Hound Knight »

Wow, those look awesome! :D I might just have to buy some of them! :) Thanks for posting this. I have been trying to find medieval action figures for several years but these are the first I've seen.
"I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift."
ClassicJester11
Serf

Re:

Post by ClassicJester11 »

Hound Knight wrote:Wow, those look awesome! :D I might just have to buy some of them! :) Thanks for posting this. I have been trying to find medieval action figures for several years but these are the first I've seen.
same here!..good find!
It twas all fun and games until the the jester brought out his final act of the night..juggling knives while blindfolded.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Re: Historical Action Figures

Post by quaraga »

cool i gotta get some templars and normans. do yo have images of the egyptian dude?
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...