Sword Collection

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

erikut wrote:wow i always wanted a sword but my parents wont let me(parents can be really supid sometimes). anyway, i try to get one. and f you ever come to bergen in norway you should go to "bryggen" there is a shop whit really cool swords and chainmail and stuff like that, mostly viking but mediwil stuff too like a sword wich is abot 160 cm long and that is big
First off, it's true that parents can be stupid... but sometimes they know what they're talking about, and even if they don't, they're just trying to look out for you.
Anyway, yes, 160 centimeters is quite large... that would be about up to my chin, I think. My largest is about up to my belt line, and that's big enough for me... I'm not an exceedingly strong guy.
Thanks for the shopping trip, but unfortunately I don't foresee a trip to Norway anytime in the near future. I'll just stick to ordering offline, and there's also a sword store at a shopping mall near my town. If I'm lucky, I might even get a chance to go to the Great Lakes Medieval Faire that's going on through this month and part of next... there should be a lot of neat stuff there, as well.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

im sorry, i do have a sword well not a sword sword but i have a thing i dont know in english Image it looks like this. im fencing somone may know. vell thats what i should say

(well i ment if you ever should go to norway have tht in mind)
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

erikut wrote:im sorry, i do have a sword well not a sword sword but i have a thing i dont know in english it looks like this. im fencing somone may know. vell thats what i should say
I believe this is called an epee or a foil... I'm not sure which name is appropriate, because I don't know the difference between the two.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess