Middle Ages

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Kingdoms
Gong Farmer

Middle Ages

Post by Kingdoms »

In Italy,
we do medieval commemoration, we have the best as regards the Middle Ages!! I am honored to be part of this, 'm a historian of this period, you've never seen Florence? sin, you have not seen the renaissance, but I do! I was in Germany, to visit Legoland, I ate well :roflol:
If you want to ask anything about Medieval Life, I am an expert in this field :wave:
Bishons
Apprentice
Location: The land where the sun beats hot and the kangaroos bounce 'round

Re: Middle Ages

Post by Bishons »

What colour do you think medieval knights would have worn?
Bishons,

The key to good MOC building is a large brain and a kinda big wallet

My website: https://sites.google.com/view/bishons-lego-creations/home
minoboys
Freeman

Post by minoboys »

Do you think that castle had motes around them or was it more common to place the castle in the middle of a river.
JBM
Peasant

Post by JBM »

minoboys wrote:Do you think that castle had motes around them or was it more common to place the castle in the middle of a river.
Not all castles/forts has moats around them many were but on top of hills or on top of mountains, sometimes moats mess up the foundations under the wall, the high ground gives the defender an advantage because projectiles can shoot further some times a Cliff can make half of the castle impassible like Edinburgh castle. forcing the attacker to attack from one side!