Awsome Castle Website

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Awsome Castle Website

Post by Dragon Master »

Hey Castle Guys and Gals,

I found this website on the internet and I could not keep it to myself.

Its about Warwick Castle.

I've read a lot about the castle itself on the page. There is much about the history of the inhabitants as well. This castle is still pretty well intact today, and it was build over several centuries and each section is different from the next. This is very inspirational for castle builders and storytellers.

Check it out if you haven't already:

http://www.warwick-castle.com/warwick2004/

Thanks for your time,

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Very cool website. it gave a lot of history - not to crazy about all the 'flash' though.

If you'd like to see it done in lego check out Bob Carney's version.

Freak
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

I was there in May :D . Spent the day. It was an amazing castle. Its owned my Madame Toussands so it is a bit touristy. Thus the fancy website.

Being a castle-head I was not thrilled with the 1898 dinner party scene! :roll:

I am proud to say that I climbed all 250 stairs to the top of Guy's Tower with my Baby strapped to the front of me! This was an excellent castle because it has it all; from tall towers to dungeons, to living quarters, and, best of all, a barbican with portcullis and the works. It is a little bit Disney-esque in parts, but I was willing to overlook that.
Let them come...
They will break upon this fortress like water on rock!
---King Theoden

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=the6717