Does it exist?

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
jwcbigdog
Apprentice

Does it exist?

Post by jwcbigdog »

I saw a castle in this thread on the MOC forum called "Uther's Castle."

http://classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2666

It kinda inspired me so I went looking for other real castles like it thinking that they existed somewhere in Germany either along the Rhine or in the Alps. All I have been able to find are these Neuschwanstein-like palaces, which is not at all what I had in mind. I saw another thread on a subject like this, but still no luck. Are there castles like this out there, or am I crazy?

P.S. For all you European members I am envious. I spent two weeks in Europe looking at real castles and I am very jealous that all we Americans get are the pictures.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Try searching in England and Wales. Uther Pendragon was King Arthur's father, in legend.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Hello.

Sorry to disapoint you but the castle was based in more of a fictional castle, rather than an actual castle.

For the name of the MOC, Uthers Castle, was taken straight from a Warcraft 3 character, Uther Stormbringer.
Uther Pendragon was King Arthur's father, in legend.
Thats right, the name is also used in the Legend of King Arthur itself.
Are there castles like this out there, or am I crazy?
Im not sure if there are actual castles like this, but there are several MOC castles like it. And no you are not crazy. I am sure that others may know more if there are actual casltes as this one.

DAn