Page 1 of 1

New Asterix Animated Picture: Asterix and the Vikings

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:19 pm
by Jojo
Hello!


I don't know if any Asterix movies are ever shown in theatres in the US. However, there will be a new Asterix movie this year, and surprise surprise, it will be "Asterix and the Vikings". Here you can see a trailer (Real Player):
http://www.obelix.com.fr/missives/viking.htm
The language is French, sorry, "Freedom".

Additionally I learned the directors of this movie are Stefan Fjeldmark and Jesper Møller. I don't know these guys but their names are undoubtedly Danish. So I wonder if it is pure chance that LEGO is coming up with an own Viking line THIS year?


Bye
Jojo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:00 pm
by The Hordesman
I read the comic. It was one of those ol' good ones when Goscinny still did the writing. Im really looking forward to this!

You all MUST read the comic book. The end is quite hilarious! :D

Everyone seems rather mad about vikings these days... Playmobil, Megabloks, Lego... Like it was europe in the 1880's or something. :!:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:32 pm
by Aviah102
Europe in the 1880's? Is this a reference to some European sentiments for the vikings that i am not aware of? Lol, if your talking about the period when the vikings reigned terror over Europe i think the date should be moved back a few centuries. Not trying to be cynical, I'm just curious.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:36 pm
by eNiGMa
I think what he was referring to the age of Imperialism and how everyone was mad about everything.... Am I right?

Anyway, I've only seen one Asterix movie. My brother had to bring it all the way from France. It's great stuff that most of us are deprived of *sigh*

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:30 am
by The Hordesman
Aviah102 wrote:Europe in the 1880's? Is this a reference to some European sentiments for the vikings that i am not aware of? Lol, if your talking about the period when the vikings reigned terror over Europe i think the date should be moved back a few centuries. Not trying to be cynical, I'm just curious.


in the 1800's, there was a viking madness. Everyone wanted some kind of relations to vikings. Unfortunatly it also spawned bad things such as believes of the superior nordic race, which was the beginning of the nazism, actually. Worse was of what Ive heard of yet, the Götaförbundet, in which a number of swedish writers stood together to form a new era of writing to inspire the people to not tolerate the weaker peoples(southern europe) opression of the "superior". Swedes didnt care much, but later a certain evil little man with a wierd mustacho would take up this... Its a long story of an evil era, so i wont tell more right now.

Sorry for going off-topic. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:56 am
by Jojo
Hello!


The Hordesman wrote:in the 1800's, there was a viking madness. Everyone wanted some kind of relations to vikings. Unfortunatly it also spawned bad things such as believes of the superior nordic race, which was the beginning of the nazism, actually.

Luckily we celebrate exactly today the end of the Nazi terror over Europe.

And at Asterix there is shown that the vikings are not superior. At least not superior to the Gauls :-)


Bye
Jojo

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:04 pm
by The Hordesman
Jojo wrote:Luckily we celebrate exactly today the end of the Nazi terror over Europe.

And at Asterix there is shown that the vikings are not superior. At least not superior to the Gauls :-)
Jojo


Coincidence! :shock:

Yes, the fearless vikings gets what they are searching for (read comic to understand what I mean everyone). :D

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:09 pm
by Aviah102
I would watch those movies if they were in english, or perhaps in German (I know a little german from school). Actually, if it was convienent to buy them, I would watch them anyway.

P.S. Are viking legos already released anywhere in the world?