Eragon movie coming out Dec. 15!

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

sarous wrote:the reason why dragons could fly and breathe fire in scientific terms(science messing with things it can not explain) is the gas produced went a dragon is digesting food is methene the gas needed to make the dragons fire the reason why they could fly is because of the fact methene is lighter than air and the large wing muscles(only eastern dragons are impossible because the have no wings large enough to get enough lift to fly)
You have confused me. How could dragon with no large wings fly, while dragons with large wings not fly. It seems to me that the only plausible draogn would have resembled teradactals( I'm not sure if that's spelled right), or other large flying dinosaurs.

Edit
Or are you saying that it did not fly, but instead float?

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Wolf
Gong Farmer

Post by Wolf »

Remyth wrote:Hey! That's awesome! I loved this book when I read it. I can't wait for the movie.
i cant whate for the movie ether. i think it will be a good movie.
Thanks,
Mike
Wolf
Gong Farmer

Post by Wolf »

kelderic wrote:
sarous wrote:the reason why dragons could fly and breathe fire in scientific terms(science messing with things it can not explain) is the gas produced went a dragon is digesting food is methene the gas needed to make the dragons fire the reason why they could fly is because of the fact methene is lighter than air and the large wing muscles(only eastern dragons are impossible because the have no wings large enough to get enough lift to fly)
You have confused me. How could dragon with no large wings fly, while dragons with large wings not fly. It seems to me that the only plausible draogn would have resembled teradactals( I'm not sure if that's spelled right), or other large flying dinosaurs.

Edit
Or are you saying that it did not fly, but instead float?

Kelderic
i thin they should be able to fly with all kinds of sizes of wings
Thanks,
Mike
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

i am proving dragons can exsist, wolf, and to answer your question keldric no i am not saying dragons floated but they weighed less than what the looked like. i said eastern dragons are impossible because the fact they had very small are no wings
Riath Angel Sin, the soul reaping hexblade
Buck Mustard
Villein

Post by Buck Mustard »

Sarous - under your theory, wouldn't the dragon drop out of the sky everytime it breathed fire? Could you also explain the diet of a dragon that produces the amount of methane necessary to produce fire breath and to float (or lighten) a creature of that size?

You haven't provided any proof that they could exist, you have provided a theory with little basis.
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

no they wouldn't .you guys(or girls) are messing up my mind so watch the movie posted before.please stop pestering me :cry:
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

sarous wrote:no they wouldn't .you guys(or girls) are messing up my mind so watch the movie posted before.please stop pestering me :cry:
Actually they (we) are just asking you (quite politely even) while you are being agressive so I don´t understand what you mean with pestering... Also, what movie do you mean? (Is it the one that aired on Discovery a while back where they made a fictional theory for how dragons could have existed?)

Wouldn´t it be a time for a split here btw? ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

thet is the same movie as kelderic posted the picture for as for my agressive ness it is due to the fact on another forum site some of my friends are not likeing my company
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

sarous wrote:thet is the same movie as kelderic posted the picture for as for my agressive ness it is due to the fact on another forum site some of my friends are not likeing my company
Oh, sorry, missed that one. It was the one I mentioned though. I really liked that one, it was very interesting. The weird thing was that they would have consumed absurd amounts of platina though... (I mean, how easy is it to find platina?? Or maybe they ate it all :P)

And I think learning to control your temper would be a good thing. Aggressiveness won´t give you friends here either ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

sarous wrote:i am proving dragons can exsist, wolf, and to answer your question keldric no i am not saying dragons floated but they weighed less than what the looked like. i said eastern dragons are impossible because the fact they had very small are no wings
My appologies. I miss read your post, and thought you said that only the eastern dragons are possible. As to pestering, were were only responding to you. This is a quite interesting topic, would it be possible to be split off?

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

and to every one i was agressive to i am sorry i commonly for get to take my meds wich calm my anger even though they are supose to control my adhd
FishRfine
Freeman

Post by FishRfine »

this movie was an abomination. i wish i hadnt seen it. the only thing it had in common with the books was the title.
FishRfine
Freeman

Post by FishRfine »

Tedward wrote:"Believers" might enjoy:

It is a fun "what if" done in the style of Walking With Dinosaurs.
oh and i have that, it is great.