Eragon movie coming out Dec. 15!

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

kelderic wrote:Also, the way that Saphira magically grew up in a matter of seconds, just by flying thorugh the air made absolutely no sense.

Kelderic
And since when did dragons make sense anyway? ;)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

Maedhros wrote:
kelderic wrote:Also, the way that Saphira magically grew up in a matter of seconds, just by flying thorugh the air made absolutely no sense.

Kelderic
dragons make scence to thoose who study them
Riath Angel Sin, the soul reaping hexblade
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

sarous wrote:
Maedhros wrote:

Kelderic
dragons make scence to thoose who study them
Do you care to explain that?
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

Maedhros wrote:And since when did dragons make sense anyway?
Well, at least they made -more- sense in the book....

:evil:
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
amadeus
Apprentice

Post by amadeus »

i saw a commercial about this movie. why do the dragons have feathers!?!?!? that's so not cool, i'm definatley not going to watch the movie just becuase of that.
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

dragons are mythical creatures that are tyed to the land by magic the magic itself is misunderstood and i agree with amadeus saphira'swings are feather not leather like
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I for one actually liked her (the dragon) appearance a lot. What´s wrong with the feathers? I think it looked good..
- Augustinus Hipponensis
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

dragons are lizard like not freakin birds :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

sarous wrote:dragons are lizard like not freakin birds :!:
And who determined that?

Has anyone actually seen a dragon?

We can say that a lion has fur... because we know they have..(and don´t start debating that... I´m not up for a long discussion of philosophy and whether the world is an illusion or not, rigt now :P) But since dragons are fantasy creatures... ;)
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Shurtugal
Bailiff
Location: On the Albertan Prairies, listening to some slow country music

Post by Shurtugal »

I for one actually liked her (the dragon) appearance a lot. What´s wrong with the feathers? I think it looked good..
I agree, Saphira was very well done, the only problem is that she is described in the book as having leathery wings, scales, etc...

But I totally agree with Maedhros, who knows what a dragon looks like. Heck, who knows what a dragnon is?
~Andrew C.

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php]MOCpages![/url]

Eka ai fricai un Shur'tugal! I am a Rider and a friend!
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Maedhros wrote:And since when did dragons make sense anyway?
Maedhros wrote:And who determined that?

Has anyone actually seen a dragon?

Of course we can't tell because we haven't seen them. They aren't real. :wink: What I was refering to was inside the Eragon world, in which the rules are laid out in the book. By those rules, Saphira's instant transformation makes no sense.
Maedhros wrote:
sarous wrote:dragons make scence to thoose who study them
Do you care to explain that?
Look at the movie Reign of Fire. In that, they tried to portray dragons that could have existed, and they made sense. Thoretical, they would have existed back in the age of Dinosuars, except for the shooting flame part.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Thoretical, they would have existed back in the age of Dinosuars, except for the shooting flame part.
Not true, there are lizards that spit acid...

Whoops, we've already been here. :lol:
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

sarous wrote:dragons are lizard like not freakin birds
For those who subscribe to evolution, many many many dinosaurs, which were reptiles, had feathers, including relatives of velociraptors like those in Jurrasic Park (which were closer to utahraptors).

In fact the skeletal structure of tyranosaurai resembles birds more than it does crocodiles, including a very advanced sinus system for keeping cool. Many scientists believe birds are direct decendants from dinosaurs.

Evolutionaryily speaking, feathers are lighter weight than flesh, so a feathered wing of the same size (length, width, depth) as a leather wing would provide more lift for less weight, which meant less effort, faster speed and longer flight time. This is why birds fly faster, farther and higher than bats and squirrels.

Given all that, I find it highly plausible and acceptable that dragons, if they existed, would/could/very well should have feathered wings.

--Tony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Don't mean to interrupt the dragon debate (although I will say that I don't mind a feathered dragon... heck, why not? 8) )

I snapped this picture in the subway a few days ago... thought you guys might like to see how it looks in Taiwan...

As I've stated on CW, I'm not the biggest fan of the looks of our boy-hero, but it does look decent, and I've heard some pretty good reviews... looking forward to watching it. :)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

i hate those who say dragons arent real there is no proof either way so i belive in dragons